PDA

View Full Version : IMO you failed with the Syndicate Showdown event Gree.

The Billionaire
06-30-2013, 09:53 AM
I think you made the wrong decision with this one Gree and you've missed out on a lot of profit too.

I'd already played this event in MW so i knew how time consuming it was. I started out with plenty of energy and enthusiasm because i was certain i wanted to finish in the top 25 but then boredom kicked in. Spending ages refreshing the rivals list looking for the odd one or two players that will earn me some good points.

However, whilst earning 600+ points when i eventually find a player with stats close to mine which is pretty hard around my level, so far i've found five players. I then remember that players at a higher level than me are scoring 1000+ points per hit which means i've got no chance of competing for a top spot.

So, at that point i decide i'll settle for a top 100 spot, back to the rivals list it is, refresh, refresh, refresh......do you know what, i really can't be bothered. The sun is out and there's plenty of other things i'd rather be spending my time on. I'm not saying i wouldn't get my hourly dose of CC but it would be just ducking in and out to collect and blaze off my stamina.

I know the majority of you are probably loving the event and that's great but after a few of them i'm pretty sure your enthusiasm will disappear. Well done to Prime who has made a valiant effort to be the top player but when the event is over and he looks back at his weekend, will it have been worth it? The prize is definitely worth it but the amount of time needed to win that prize IMO isn't worth it. Lets face it, the prizes aren't really that great either. For anyone who finishes in the top 25 syndicates and already has the M-32 Thumper then forget about the modifier because it's highly likely it won't work because it doesn't stack when the item is identical.

Then you've got the joke of all the prizes being loaded backwards along with a game changing modifier (Executive Coupe - 30% Upgrade cost reduction) that has no benefit for those who already have the Coupe. All that gold they wasted on that collect 10 event to get the Coupe and now you've awarded it to pretty much everyone in the game. Seriously Gree, it amazes me how you can be so stupid and slack sometimes.

Also i have no idea how the points scoring works. My high level account scores points depending on how close the fight is yet my low level account seems to be on some sort of structure whereby i can't score more than 250 points.

The other serious problem you've got is the rivals list doesn't work for the HL players and thoughout the whole game everyone is too beaten up 90% of the time unless you're low level but then you need to do around 6 hits to score the same points as a HL player does in one hit.

All of the above means you are missing out on gold expenditure. When the event started i had spent 160 gold within a couple of hours and was quite happy to spent up to 1000 gold to see how far i could get up the leaderboard. Once i thought about all the above, i stopped spending and really can't be bothered to play the event anymore. It's a shame because i love PvP events and i could quite happily refill my heart out as long as it's quick and easy. Here's how it is and what you should have done instead.

Firstly increase the number of times you can whack a player before they are beaten up to 30 times. This will also bring the banking element back into the game. Once you reach an income per hour of $1.5m it makes no sense to bank your money. If you were beaten up constantly for 24hrs you'd lose a maximum of $3.6m but you'll lose more than that if you're banking and your IPH is more than $1.5m.

Increase the amount you can steal from a player to $50k or $100k. I PvP constantly in MW because when you find a player with cash on hand and you can rob $300k per hit which becomes very appealing when you can steal a total of $3m.

With the above in mind here's how i would have designed Syndicate Showdown:-

Three leaderboards - Top Syndicates, Top Fighters, Top Robbers

Top Robbers - Pretty self explanatory, rob as many buildings as you can. Each successful robbery gives you one gold coin. This will appeal to all players because there's always plenty to rob, campers can still get involved and even compete by only robbing low XP buildings and there will never be a problem where everyone is too beaten up.

Top Fighters - Again self explanatory, win as many fights as you can. Each successful fight gives you one gold coin. There'd be no searching the rivals list etc, it would just be an all out free for all.

Top Syndicates - Same as what you've done but calculates everyones fight and robbery scores instead. Better prizes and more prize brackets.

I'm pretty certain the above structure would make you double the money, it would be much more enjoyable and less time consuming for the customer. Two PvP leaderboards instead of one, i'm sure Prime would only choose one to conquer leaving someone else to conquer the other and all round creating more competition. Also gives the customer an option to compete on the leaderboard which fits their playing style or both if they're an addict. Whatever, you'd make more money.

Personally i would blaze through 4 or 5 refills every time i log in if it's possible to tap tap away with ease.

Just my thoughts and unfortunately Syndicate Showdown will join leaderboard and collect 10's in the pile of events that i won't spend gold on or even bother playing.

Anyway there's only a couple of hours sunshine left, i'm off to enjoy it.

Chapter 2 (whilst enjoying the sun I remembered a couple of things I forgot to say)

By awarding 1 coin for every successful attack or robbery it puts every single player in the game on an even playing field. This means it's purely down to who puts the most time and effort in. It will also be so much more competitive and competition increases gold spending. Fewer players will give up because they'll be able to work out how many coins are needed to achieve the rank they are chasing.

Also with the tournament the way it is players are helping each other by building Laundromats and letting another player know when they are ready to be collected. This wouldn't happen with my tournament design.

Lastly, I've given up on top 100 because I really can't be bothered and for the first time since the game started I am deliberately not going to collect my hood for 48 hours so that I can get it sync'd. I've never got round to doing that because I'm so active in game but it's got to the point where I'm actually bored of CC for the first time ever.

the_brein
06-30-2013, 10:06 AM
It certainly got boring pretty quick. Spent 100 gold the first day. Put me to sleep the second day. Inconsistent payouts...

wa7sh
06-30-2013, 10:12 AM
kinda boring coming back just to get 20 hits a hour. but hey, you want those prizes youv'e got to earn them.

TZora
06-30-2013, 10:53 AM
this event is so boring and so annoying. i'm somewhere around 5000 rank and i could have tried to get in the top 1000 but there aren't any good rivals. pretty tough to find rivals with good score.

Hoeba
06-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Im amazed that gree has not offerd you a job yet billionaire, seriously. Im sure they would earn a fortune hiring you . Always a good analyse how this game should be for both gree and their customers.

BigMoney
06-30-2013, 11:02 AM
They definitely messed with the RL, at least below level 150. I have about a ~$2mil IPH and no bank, and I was prepared to just eat the $300k / 2hrs (which is less than the bank, even when I assume that someone would be attacking me every 2 hours). However, less than 2 hours into the event one guy had already attacked me 36 times in a span of 44 minutes, and I decided no banking wasn't worth it after all...

Agree with your other points though. I have an absurd number of fights/robs (currently on 13/14 of the Street Brawler goals), and I'm struggling to stay in the Top 100. I haven't gotten the points that half the people in my syndicate, this forum, etc., report getting. I'm happy when I see someone with 150 points, which is rare to find even as I blind attack literally every single person on the Rival List.

Big Joe
06-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Then you've got the joke of all the prizes being loaded backwards along with a game changing modifier (Executive Coupe - 30% Upgrade cost reduction) that has no benefit for those who already have the Coupe.

Also i have no idea how the points scoring works. My high level account scores points depending on how close the fight is yet my low level account seems to be on some sort of structure whereby i can't score more than 250 points.

Firstly increase the number of times you can whack a player before they are beaten up to 30 times. This will also bring the banking element back into the game. Once you reach an income per hour of $1.5m it makes no sense to bank your money. If you were beaten up constantly for 24hrs you'd lose a maximum of $3.6m but you'll lose more than that if you're banking and your IPH is more than $1.5m.

Increase the amount you can steal from a player to $50k or $100k. I PvP constantly in MW because when you find a player with cash on hand and you can rob $300k per hit which becomes very appealing when you can steal a total of $3m.

Well I for one agree and laughed about the prize roll out, but as someone who missed out on the coupe and the 30% reducer, i can honestly say Im not mad at that.

As far as points earned, I'm lost. I haven't seen a hit over 300, so to hear some are getting hits above 600 and occasionally 1000 just astounds me.

The rest I left quote above, i totally agree. My syndicate had spoken about that for a while too. Increase amount of hits and the 30K hit max. keep the game interesting.

Finally one thought, correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't seen an "xp reducer mod" i think an item with the potential to reduce xp earned would be valued highly by a lot of people.

Peppers
06-30-2013, 11:19 AM
My MW games and CC games are fairly similar. Mid level (MW L126, CC L108) and strong, with very few rivals who can beat me.

In MW, without trying very hard, I was able to place in 668th place in the first PvP, or thereabouts. I was able to find rivals who could give me 500-600 BP's, and I could keep up and compete with the high level players. (I mostly sat out the second one because I had a busy weekend and didn't have time).

In CC, I have given up. I think there are 3 players with more than 200k defense at my level... and even when I hit them, I still get less than 300 points. Only one player has left me a link (Veezy, I'm looking at you! Build 2 laundromats, and I'll leave you a link back to my hood!)... so I'm left refreshing the rivals list, hoping to find someone with maybe 100k defense, and hope to get maybe 150 points per hit. Needless to say, I'm not trying very hard in this event. I'm working on the accompanying PvP LTQ for the prizes for free, but thats it.

The high level players and low level players are screwed in this event. We have a dude on our team who is level 58, and has it the worst! He has virtually no one to hit, and is sitting it out. Then there are the level 250 peeps who's rivals list is FUBAR.

So Gree, thanks for screwing up what could have been a fun event.

Oh, and don't schedule back to back weekends like you did in MW ... these are much more labor intensive than a war!

KillaDon
06-30-2013, 12:01 PM
billionaire that was a awesome post and that would have not be explained any better. Would be nice if Gree would actually listen to us PLAYERS.. Who actually pay for the game to keep going on the way it does but it seems they lack a part of the brain that allows them to see what makes sense in the real world!! It seems everyone of their employees is "A Fry Short of a Happy Meal"

$Heisenberg$
06-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Finally one thought, correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't seen an "xp reducer mod" i think an item with the potential to reduce xp earned would be valued highly by a lot of people.

the problem is that someone people do like to level and dont want such item

Dipstik
06-30-2013, 12:15 PM
And of course, as soon as you decide to stop camping, you'll be whining to have it removed. Some prize.

out of names
06-30-2013, 12:54 PM
the problem is that someone people do like to level and dont want such item
Then best thing for that is for it to have an on/off switch for it..

kuksluk
06-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Billionaire, I couldn't agree more with you!

Panda Express
06-30-2013, 12:57 PM
I've done my fare share of attacking with 2 different accounts and on one it's a miracle to see someone above 100. On the other it's a miracle to see someone above 200. I gave up fairly quick after reaching tier 5. Just seems like a complete waste when you know others are scoring much much higher than you per hit. I completely agree.

potvin
06-30-2013, 01:18 PM
I think you made the wrong decision with this one Gree and you've missed out on a lot of profit too.

I'd already played this event in MW so i knew how time consuming it was. I started out with plenty of energy and enthusiasm because i was certain i wanted to finish in the top 25 but then bordem kicked in. Spending ages refreshing the rivals list looking for the odd one or two players that will earn me some good points.

However, whilst earning 600+ points when i eventually find a player with stats close to mine which is pretty hard around my level, so far i've found five players. I then remember that players at a higher level than me are scoring 1000+ points per hit which means i've got no chance of competing for a top spot.

So, at that point i decide i'll settle for a top 100 spot, back to the rivals list it is, refresh, refresh, refresh......do you know what, i really can't be bothered. The sun is out and there's plenty of other things i'd rather be spending my time on. I'm not saying i wouldn't get my hourly dose of CC but it would be just ducking in and out to collect and blaze off my stamina.

I know the majority of you are probably loving the event and that's great but after a few of them i'm pretty sure your enthusiasm will disappear. Well done to Prime who has made a valiant effort to be the top player but when the event is over and he looks back at his weekend, will it have been worth it? The prize is definitely worth it but the amount of time needed to win that prize IMO isn't worth it. Lets face it, the prizes aren't really that great either. For anyone who finishes in the top 25 syndicates and already has the M-32 Thumper then forget about the modifier because it's highly likely it won't work because it doesn't stack when the item is identical.

Then you've got the joke of all the prizes being loaded backwards along with a game changing modifier (Executive Coupe - 30% Upgrade cost reduction) that has no benefit for those who already have the Coupe. All that gold they wasted on that collect 10 event to get the Coupe and now you've awarded it to pretty much everyone in the game. Seriously Gree, it amazes me how you can be so stupid and slack sometimes.

The other serious problem you've got is the rivals list doesn't work for the HL players and thoughout the whole game everyone is too beaten up 90% of the time unless you're low level but then you need to do around 6 hits to score the same points as a HL player does in one hit.

All of the above means you are missing out on gold expenditure. When the event started i had spent 160 gold within a couple of hours and was quite happy to spent up to 1000 gold to see how far i could get up the leaderboard. Once i thought about all the above, i stopped spending and really can't be bothered to play the event anymore. It's a shame because i love PvP events and i could quite happily refill my heart out as long as it's quick and easy. Here's how it is and what you should have done instead.

Top Robbers - Pretty self explanatory, rob as many buildings as you can. Each successful robbery gives you one gold coin. This will appeal to all players because there's always plenty to rob, campers can still get involved and even compete by only robbing low XP buildings and there will never be a problem where everyone is too beaten up.

Top Fighters - Again self explanatory, win as many fights as you can. Each successful fight gives you one gold coin. There'd be no searching the rivals list etc, it would just be an all out free for all.

Top Syndicates - Same as what you've done but calculates everyones fight and robbery scores instead. Better prizes and more prize brackets.

I'm pretty certain the above structure would make you double the money, it would be much more enjoyable and less time consuming for the customer. Two PvP leaderboards instead of one, i'm sure Prime would only choose one to conquer leaving someone else to conquer the other and all round creating more competition. Also gives the customer an option to compete on the leaderboard which fits their playing style or both if they're an addict. Whatever, you'd make more money.

Personally i would blaze through 4 or 5 refills every time i log in if it's possible to tap tap away with ease.

Just my thoughts and unfortunately Syndicate Showdown will join leaderboard and collect 10's in the pile of events that i won't spend gold on or even bother playing.

Why are you concerned how much money Gree will rake in? You think they are losing in this game?
Anyways, I think you said it best when you said you should have been outside having a life...

tassychris
06-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Great post Bill
However the fact FC have 39 million points shows that maybe Gree aren't as dumb as I thought. Even with a clearly broken game Gree has managed to keep you guys tapping away.
Your welcome to join me in a new syndicate it's going to be named RC Retirement Club....our moto will be whats said in retirement club stays in retirement club because we all have alzheimers and have forgotten that this was once a good well run game.

The Billionaire
06-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Im amazed that gree has not offerd you a job yet billionaire, seriously. Im sure they would earn a fortune hiring you . Always a good analyse how this game should be for both gree and their customers.

If they did, where possible, all events would be based on skill and not luck. If you create a competitive environment players are more likely to spend competing than trying to get lucky. I'm half tempted to design my own game and get it created by a company which is not Gree.

kinda boring coming back just to get 20 hits a hour. but hey, you want those prizes youv'e got to earn them.

My point was if I could attack and rob with ease i'd be doing 5 refills everytime I logon instead of burning whatever stamina I have.

They definitely messed with the RL, at least below level 150. I have about a ~$2mil IPH and no bank, and I was prepared to just eat the $300k / 2hrs (which is less than the bank, even when I assume that someone would be attacking me every 2 hours). However, less than 2 hours into the event one guy had already attacked me 36 times in a span of 44 minutes, and I decided no banking wasn't worth it after all...

There's something not working there bud, $300k is the max in 2 hours. Are you sure he didn't rob you as well?

Why are you concerned how much money Gree will rake in? You think they are losing in this game?
Anyways, I think you said it best when you said you should have been outside having a life...

I'm not concerned but that's the most important thing to them so by using the design I've suggested it's a win win for everyone. Gree makes loads of money, customers have a fun, competitive event to go at. Instead this will just end up being another event that most people can't be bothered with, bit like Turf Wars.

Great post Bill
However the fact FC have 39 million points shows that maybe Gree aren't as dumb as I thought. Even with a clearly broken game Gree has managed to keep you guys tapping away.
Your welcome to join me in a new syndicate it's going to be named RC Retirement Club....our moto will be whats said in retirement club stays in retirement club because we all have alzheimers and have forgotten that this was once a good well run game.

Lmfao, love it but i'm many years away from retirement. As for my FC buddies, all I can say is they're competitive and dedicated. No matter what Gree puts out we'll play it but not necessarily enjoy it. I know there's not many enjoying this one.

sister morphine
06-30-2013, 02:01 PM
I don't think that was a mistake. Some big spenders seem to have been boosting their biggest payers up to level 10 with gold. An understandable strategy to make it easier to afford the upgrade costs for LTBs, but one which has been countered by Gree just ramping up the costs.

The downside of this gold-induced hyper inflation has been to make the limited buildings too expensive for the vast majority of players who either can't or won't spend riches beyond the dreams of avarice on a phone game. So, by distributing the Coupé to pretty much any reasonably active players in this way is an attempt by Gree to compensate for the cost inflation. If the above is accurate I for one applaud them for it. Those who paid out gold in the events for both the Coupé and the gun (whatever it's called) have had their benefit for months. Get over it please.

K-Dawg
06-30-2013, 02:14 PM
I don't think that was a mistake. Some big spenders seem to have been boosting their biggest payers up to level 10 with gold. An understandable strategy to make it easier to afford the upgrade costs for LTBs, but one which has been countered by Gree just ramping up the costs.

The downside of this gold-induced hyper inflation has been to make the limited buildings too expensive for the vast majority of players who either can't or won't spend riches beyond the dreams of avarice on a phone game. So, by distributing the Coupé to pretty much any reasonably active players in this way is an attempt by Gree to compensate for the cost inflation. If the above is accurate I for one applaud them for it. Those who paid out gold in the events for both the Coupé and the gun (whatever it's called) have had their benefit for months. Get over it please.

Ding ding ding! Someone finally gets it ^^^^^ :cool:

TRAZ
06-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Ummm....isn't your syn #1?

Ben Weston
06-30-2013, 02:33 PM
i'm glad some of you are able to get so many hits. I am scoring reasonable points , often 3-400 and upto 600 with only a few 150-200 BUT over the last 4 hours I have been almost constantly refreshing the rivals list whilst watching TV etc(its 10:30pm here now) I have found less than 10 rivals that are actually available to fight and none of them have been able to take more than 5 hits, most are 1-2 hits each. I've made a huge effort with this event over the last 24 hours or so and was willing to just keep on hitting refill when I ran out of stamina but i'm done with this now, so completely bored of blind hitting an entire rivals list of unavailables 20 times over before finding a couple hits.

c00guy
06-30-2013, 02:51 PM

Hmm, interesting thoughts sister, this might all be a GREE ploy!! Give the Coupe to every active player and come out with a public apology so that the gold players aren't too pissed

sister morphine
06-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Hmm, interesting thoughts sister, this might all be a GREE ploy!! Give the Coupe to every active player and come out with a public apology so that the gold players aren't too pissed
Lol, I'm not fussed if the big gold players are pissed. Like Bill says they'd pay to get their baubles anyway. Moderate spenders who might have spent big that one time to get the Coupé have my sympathies more, but they have reaped the benefits for a while now.

The game is just imitating life. When rich people move into an area the cost of living rises for all. Sometimes it ends with the original inhabitants departing because they can't afford to stay.

Enforcer
06-30-2013, 04:18 PM
What level do you have to be at to see the event in goals list? I'm in the 30s but only see an individual event while my syndicate is telling me I'm in the top half in points right now.

maraudermat
06-30-2013, 05:51 PM
the event failed the moment they screwed up the prize order. everyone switched to robberies. Robberies should be ha'f points imo

Gunflame
06-30-2013, 07:34 PM
I really enjoyed this event mainly because I got sweet items, but OP brings up many good points I think Gree should consider for the future.

BigMoney
06-30-2013, 08:26 PM

There's something not working there bud, $300k is the max in 2 hours. Are you sure he didn't rob you as well?

Positive. I'm well-aware of how it's supposed to work, but I'm fairly sure it had something to do with the tinkering they did on the Rival List as a band-aid for the level 250 players who can only see level 180 players and can't attack them. I didn't take a screenshot, but the first time he hit me for $360k in one-go, and I don't believe that's supposed to happen until you get past level 200 or so, and he came back less than an hour later. Err, I see, I made a typo-- not 36, but 26. Still well more than the max 10 attacks per 2 hours though. That was right at the beginning of the event, so I surmised that perhaps they changed how the RL works for the PvP event, since perhaps otherwise very, very few people (the monsters who can't be attacked by anyone at their level) would show up on the RL.

Edit: I'm not the only sub-200 player to experience this: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?59850-Is-it-against-game-rules-to-attack-players-more-than-once&p=844715&viewfull=1#post844715

sister morphine
06-30-2013, 10:01 PM
What level do you have to be at to see the event in goals list? I'm in the 30s but only see an individual event while my syndicate is telling me I'm in the top half in points right now.
It's not on the goals list. Do you have an icon of a cup and two pistols on the right side of your screen? If not you need to update the app sometime

Enforcer
06-30-2013, 11:38 PM
It's not on the goals list. Do you have an icon of a cup and two pistols on the right side of your screen? If not you need to update the app sometime

Found out about the icon about 45 minutes after posting and did updates. Now my iPad has it but my droid still dosnt...

SC4R
07-01-2013, 12:06 AM
it is what it is

pattie
07-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Nice Post Bill,

The game has become way too random.
Strategy, planning and tactics helped the good players in the past.
But with the random events planning is of no use.

It seemed that gold was a good option, but now even the gold players are being sc'ed.

Where next GREE?

PS I dont use gold but I feel for the gold players, they are subsidising the game for us free players.

reras
07-01-2013, 01:15 AM
Bill. Once again you make a post worth reading, thx!

minji976
07-01-2013, 01:16 AM
My MW games and CC games are fairly similar. Mid level (MW L126, CC L108) and strong, with very few rivals who can beat me.

In MW, without trying very hard, I was able to place in 668th place in the first PvP, or thereabouts. I was able to find rivals who could give me 500-600 BP's, and I could keep up and compete with the high level players. (I mostly sat out the second one because I had a busy weekend and didn't have time).

In CC, I have given up. I think there are 3 players with more than 200k defense at my level... and even when I hit them, I still get less than 300 points. Only one player has left me a link (Veezy, I'm looking at you! Build 2 laundromats, and I'll leave you a link back to my hood!)... so I'm left refreshing the rivals list, hoping to find someone with maybe 100k defense, and hope to get maybe 150 points per hit. Needless to say, I'm not trying very hard in this event. I'm working on the accompanying PvP LTQ for the prizes for free, but thats it.

The high level players and low level players are screwed in this event. We have a dude on our team who is level 58, and has it the worst! He has virtually no one to hit, and is sitting it out. Then there are the level 250 peeps who's rivals list is FUBAR.

So Gree, thanks for screwing up what could have been a fun event.

Oh, and don't schedule back to back weekends like you did in MW ... these are much more labor intensive than a war!

Peppers, I'm at lvl 109 and strong enough to partner with you. My in game name is babanie.

Rollster
07-01-2013, 03:27 AM
pretty hard for make good points...

i have stop to many hit for nothing....

150/200 is rare... 100 is ramdom; like bill to much time...

when u see hight take many and many points lol..

i don't enjoy realy...:mad:

sister morphine
07-01-2013, 04:33 AM
It definitely needs Zora's maximum hittage button to make things bearable

bald zeemer
07-01-2013, 06:24 AM
I missed the first 2 days, and am averaging about 120 point per hit. Just sayin'.

BigMoney
07-01-2013, 06:37 AM
Same here bald zeemer (minus the part about missing time). I have no idea how the guys in the Top 25+ do it, I've been fighting nonstop and can't catch up at all.

Edit: that also makes your run at Street Brawler #14 a lot more impressive.

bald zeemer
07-01-2013, 06:50 AM
I've been calling for PvP forever. If I didn't finish the challenge that'd be deeply hypocritical. And that is something I simply won't abide.

BigMoney
07-01-2013, 07:08 AM
I've been calling for PvP forever. If I didn't finish the challenge that'd be deeply hypocritical. And that is something I simply won't abide.

So you did finish it already? Care to tell me about how you get the top secret multiple building upgrades modifier at the end? I'm ~300 fights away.

bald zeemer
07-01-2013, 07:16 AM
I haven't finished yet. As I said, I missed the first 2 days. It's not an easy challenge, but that hardly puts in in the category of challenge I won't attempt.

Rollster
07-01-2013, 08:14 AM
there is no challenge, where u read that ?

u can buy first place ok, but i understand Billonnaire... i have the same lvl like him and 2 day's more or less ? nothing change, 125 points per hit, u dream.. u need 2 week for take 1 m points...

i'm at 600k and don't have enjoy.. i love pvp but when u see other put 50 gold and make 50 k ip point when u make 10k with the same amount.. i don't see the point..

The Billionaire
07-01-2013, 08:14 AM

Of course it's a mistake! Does the splash page look like a grand prize? Do you really think Gree would expect any players to complete 6000+ PvP wins to be rewarded with that grand prize. They loaded the prizes backwards and we all know it.

I understand what you're saying about their possible ploy but normal order will be restored when they fix the problem where the same item and modifier don't stack. They did the same in MW and they announced they're in the process of fixing it. Lets face it they've got to because they barely release many new weapons these days. They're lazy and just recycle all the old weapons with better stats. The current Top 25 leader board prize is a MW item, the only new items they design are for syndicate events.

As for LE Buildings, yes they are too expensive for the vast majority of players but LEB events aren't aimed at the vast majority of players. They're aimed at gold spenders who are also willing to purchase in game cash. If they follow the MW agenda the LE Buildings will continue to get more expensive with a cheap one thrown in for the vast majority of players before the events stop altogether. If they don't roll them out one after the other it gives players the chance to level up their remaining LE buildings which means when the next one gets released they can complete it for free and Gree don't make any money from in-game cash purchases.

Ummm....isn't your syn #1?

It is but doesn't mean it's been an enjoyable event. Prime will definitely look back at the weekend and think what a waste of time. He even changed his name to 'This event is a joke' at one point which is very true. I just can't understand what Gree were thinking with this whole points system, it's ridiculous.

I have no idea how the guys in the Top 25+ do it, I've been fighting nonstop and can't catch up at all.

Because they are fighting players at the higher levels whose stats are massive and very similar to their own stats. This means they are regularly earning 1000 points per hit whilst the rest of use scrap to find a target who gives 200+ points. Its a stupid system and they should just go with one coin per fight or robbery because that way we all start on an even playing field and it's then up to the player how far they want to go. It would be so much more competitive, less time consuming and a lot more fun IMO.

The Billionaire
07-01-2013, 08:17 AM
there is no challenge, where u read that ?

u can buy first place ok, but i understand Billonnaire... i have the same lvl like him and 2 day's more or less ? nothing change, 125 points per hit, u dream.. u need 2 week for take 1 m points...

i'm at 600k and don't have enjoy.. i love pvp but when u see other put 50 gold and make 50 k ip point when u make 10k with the same amount.. i don't see the point..

There is a set of challenges in the goals list. Its called Street Brawl Tournament

Rollster
07-01-2013, 08:38 AM
i mean by making 125 k point man lol.. i know there is a challenge...with this name :D

like u say hight lvl like BAMF, a friend are in top 25 and easy for him to make points.. look at me.. i scored 600k and playing non stop.. i have stop yesterday.. to long.. 125k per hit.. where we go...

BigMoney
07-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Because they are fighting players at the higher levels whose stats are massive and very similar to their own stats. This means they are regularly earning 1000 points per hit whilst the rest of use scrap to find a target who gives 200+ points. Its a stupid system and they should just go with one coin per fight or robbery because that way we all start on an even playing field and it's then up to the player how far they want to go. It would be so much more competitive, less time consuming and a lot more fun IMO.

I think part of the incentive for awarding more points for fighting higher stat players is to give low-to-medium stat players a chance to find each other. As it currently is, I open my Rival List, and blind attack every single player once (unless I'm already familiar with them) down the list. If someone gives good points, I visit their hood and rob them too. Otherwise, I hit refresh and repeat. It didn't matter at the start of the event when everyone is hitting everyone, but now if I hit someone and they give me 75 points, there is no reason for me to knock them off the Rival List.

That said, I do feel at a disadvantage, as I have a HUGE amount of attacks and robs (less than 50 away for Street Brawler #14) and the best I can hope for is to hang onto Top 100, so I wish there was some sort of equalizer across the levels.

Ben Weston
07-01-2013, 09:18 AM
think yourself lucky BM, I am blind hitting everyone on my rivals list and getting the loved CAN'T FIGHT! for every single one, on average I am going through 10 complete lists before I find even one player that I can attack and i'm lucky they are worth 150 points.

it was working fine at the start and I made 80k points in a couple hours but then it all went horribly wrong, last night whilst watching tv etc I spent 4 hours rinsing and repeating the rivals list and found less than 10 rivals available and made around 2k points, absolute joke.

i'm in the crowd of level 200+ players that are seeing level 170-180 of unavailable players mixed in with rival lists 1-3 players long with 0 mafia.

sez
07-01-2013, 10:15 AM
This was pathetic and all the good they have done IMO has been reversed. As soon as the events went live my rivals list went to only able to see lvls 160-180. I'm lvl 240, I barely score any points (about 100 each hit, sometimes lower). The only thing that helps is my news feed and MAYBE being able to attack the players at my level who can obviously see me. I opened a ticket about the low level rivals list and this is the response: oh and they closed my ticket also...

CE, Jun 29 15:51 (PDT):
Hey Xxxx,

After checking into it a bit, I found that a few other players have reported similar issues as well. I have added your ticket and specific account info to a report for the developers and engineering teams. With this additional info added, it may help them to get a more complete picture as to what is going wrong, and hopefully help with how to fix it.

Though we've received other reports, it may require an update for this to be resolved, which has not occurred yet, unfortunately. Be assured, we are working to take care of this issue as quickly as possible.

Regards,

CE

Angel6ix6ix6
07-01-2013, 03:42 PM
This was a great event. And fight club spent lots of gold again. Glad I got the coupe with little effort. Not like those dummies who spent gold to get it in the other event. Lmao, mines was free!

dr007
07-01-2013, 04:31 PM
On point Bill: if gree staff is reading I hope they consider the comments in this thread. I want to emphasize: DO NOT roll out new content until old issues are fixed. Most of us are competitors. That is the only reason we completed the event. It was not enjoyable. It could have been but the broken rival list killed it. We could have lived with the point discrepancy as we do in syndicate wars. Those who get lower points wack more people to get their scores up.

I really hope you will compensate all players who participated with gold and not request it back. This was totally your fault, not ours!

mxz
07-01-2013, 05:37 PM
The point about raising the max per hit, as well as opening people up to more attacks - is very short sighted. I understand you think everyone will continue no-banking - but if people are losing $100K * 30 hits every 2 hours ($36M a day) rather than $3.6M a day - there's no point in until your IPH is $15M.

So, essentially, you've asked Gree to make sure you get no money on any attacks.

Poorly thought out thread.

Ragmondino
07-01-2013, 05:49 PM
1 point doesn't make the entire thread poorly thought out

mxz
07-01-2013, 05:59 PM
http://global3.memecdn.com/chair-math_o_130887.jpg

Chica
07-01-2013, 06:02 PM
That's one way to use a chair

joe123
07-01-2013, 07:52 PM
The point about raising the max per hit, as well as opening people up to more attacks - is very short sighted. I understand you think everyone will continue no-banking - but if people are losing $100K * 30 hits every 2 hours ($36M a day) rather than $1.2M a day - there's no point in until your IPH is $15M.

So, essentially, you've asked Gree to make sure you get no money on any attacks.

I think he mentioned that would bring banking back. Don't know how that would concern gree but

Poorly thought out response ^

Ragmondino
07-02-2013, 01:47 AM
The point about raising the max per hit, as well as opening people up to more attacks - is very short sighted. I understand you think everyone will continue no-banking - but if people are losing $100K * 30 hits every 2 hours ($36M a day) rather than $1.2M a day - there's no point in until your IPH is $15M.

Also is it not 10 hits every 2 hours? So £300k every 2 hours?
My math may be bad but that's more than £1.2mil a day..

BigMoney
07-02-2013, 02:53 AM
Also is it not 10 hits every 2 hours? So £300k every 2 hours?
My math may be bad but that's more than £1.2mil a day..

Correct, it'd be $3.6mil per day, and you'd need an IPH of $1.5mil to compensate.

They bent the rules during the PvP, though-- I sent Bill my screenshot, but I was attacked more than 10 times in a row (below level 200) in one-go, and I was later attacked by the same player within the hour, which prompted me to bank.

mxz
07-02-2013, 04:45 AM
They bent the rules during the PvP, though-- I sent Bill my screenshot, but I was attacked more than 10 times in a row (below level 200) in one-go, and I was later attacked by the same player within the hour, which prompted me to bank.We've noticed revenge hits can get you additional attacks beyond the 10 - did you hit him back at some point?

mkdubbn
07-02-2013, 04:46 AM

I'd already played this event in MW so i knew how time consuming it was. I started out with plenty of energy and enthusiasm because i was certain i wanted to finish in the top 25 but then boredom kicked in. Spending ages refreshing the rivals list looking for the odd one or two players that will earn me some good points.

Chapter 2 (whilst enjoying the sun I remembered a couple of things I forgot to say)

By awarding 1 coin for every successful attack or robbery it puts every single player in the game on an even playing field. This means it's purely down to who puts the most time and effort in. It will also be so much more competitive and competition increases gold spending. Fewer players will give up because they'll be able to work out how many coins are needed to achieve the rank they are chasing.

Also with the tournament the way it is players are helping each other by building Laundromats and letting another player know when they are ready to be collected. This wouldn't happen with my tournament design.

Lastly, I've given up on top 100 because I really can't be bothered and for the first time since the game started I am deliberately not going to collect my hood for 48 hours so that I can get it sync'd. I've never got round to doing that because I'm so active in game but it's got to the point where I'm actually bored of CC for the first time ever.
Hold on let me call the wahbulance,your not the one whole made the game.

mkdubbn
07-02-2013, 04:51 AM
I took minimum hits maybe 30 the whole event.I made people cry.I didnt pout,I just kept swinging.

sister morphine
07-02-2013, 07:27 AM
I think he mentioned that would bring banking back. Don't know how that would concern gree but

Poorly thought out response ^
Which is an advantage to who, exactly (other than those with free banking from the Emerald Burner or whatever)?

The way I see it, being able to no bank once you'd reached $1.5 million iph could be seen as a reward for all the time and effort required to build a hood up to that level - economy used to be the one part of CC where free players could compete on equal terms with even the biggest gold players; sadly now with big spenders using gold and bought cash to run their buildings up to level 10 even that has been taken away.

The limit on attacks (which does exist in the other games by the way) is a valuable way to stop smaller players from being used and abused by bigger hitters at all tiers of strength. If it was done away with there would need to be correctives put in place to prevent wholesale abuse of power - eg, no banking away from one's own hood, and if the attacker were to lose a fight they would forfeit all cash won during fights they were carrying at the time not just the $30K max or whatever limit was set. It should also be possible for even the strongest attacker to lose against a much weaker opponent (very unlikely obviously, but possible).

mxz
07-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Which is an advantage to who, exactly (other than those with free banking from the Emerald Burner or whatever)?

The way I see it, being able to no bank once you'd reached $1.5 million iph could be seen as a reward for all the time and effort required to build a hood up to that level - economy used to be the one part of CC where free players could compete on equal terms with even the biggest gold players; sadly now with big spenders using gold and bought cash to run their buildings up to level 10 even that has been taken away.

The limit on attacks (which does exist in the other games by the way) is a valuable way to stop smaller players from being used and abused by bigger hitters at all tiers of strength. If it was done away with there would need to be correctives put in place to prevent wholesale abuse of power - eg, no banking away from one's own hood, and if the attacker were to lose a fight they would forfeit all cash won during fights they were carrying at the time not just the $30K max or whatever limit was set. It should also be possible for even the strongest attacker to lose against a much weaker opponent (very unlikely obviously, but possible).Those are some interesting ideas. Bump up the random element and make a "stronger" player lose way more $$ if they lose. Say a base of $100K for each loss compared to $30K for each win, and multiplied by some factor depending on strength, such that a 500K ATK going 10-1 on a 300K DEF would essentially net $0.

wa7sh the second
07-02-2013, 02:34 PM
so i get banned for sticking up to gree but billionaire doesn't for critsicing them. nice gree. well played. btw i know your reading this admin.

wa7sh the second
07-02-2013, 02:37 PM
btw when can i start a bloody thread. i got 15 posts already.

no ip bans gree.

GU7 F4WK3S
07-02-2013, 04:32 PM
I agree that the event wasn't where it could have been but I do feel this is the direction that Gree is going with gameplay and like seeing it. Playing the game to determine a winner. Huh! I'm not sure why the coins....couldn't Gree have just used the XP algorithm to score things?

This won't help but I feel like I was in the gree scoring sweetspot lvl wise and atk/def wise. I'm 165 with atk 495 def 430. I was giving out decent points and was beaten or robbed minutely it seemed. Constant red. Players 85 levels up @ 250 even stopped in.

I finished 11th and had a total of 7400 fights and robs. 375 pt average hit I think it worked out to be. Less considering my failed attempts at fights and the unfixed failed rob glitch.

Met alot of great players in the game and was nice that we were all able to help each other out setting up garbage buildings and abusing each other. Lots of fun and hopefully Gree can build on it.

Cheers and congratulations to the syndicates and individuals who competed.

The Billionaire
07-02-2013, 08:56 PM
so i get banned for sticking up to gree but billionaire doesn't for critsicing them. nice gree. well played. btw i know your reading this admin.

Constructive criticism.

wa7sh the second
07-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Constructive criticism.
bill not saying you should be banned, the meaning was that its intresting how they dont ban people who give them a lot of money rather than someone who gives a smaller amount

bald zeemer
07-03-2013, 01:52 AM
I'm pretty sure that about 95% of top-tier spenders have been banned at least once.

gunny22
07-03-2013, 03:14 AM
Then you've got the joke of all the prizes being loaded backwards along with a game changing modifier (Executive Coupe - 30% Upgrade cost reduction) that has no benefit for those who already have the Coupe. All that gold they wasted on that collect 10 event to get the Coupe and now you've awarded it to pretty much everyone in the game.

When attacking others and looking at their stats you would be amazed how many don't have the coupe, even don't have the first prize (that was only 10 attacks). Hell, even I didn't bother looking into the event until I noticed here in the forum there was something wrong. At that point I realised I was missing something big. I even started a new mini for this. In 3 days I got it to L10 AND did the Brawl until the coupe.
The hardest thing was to reach L10 with only 100 a/d. After the first prize it was peanuts. ;)

sister morphine
07-03-2013, 03:48 AM
When attacking others and looking at their stats you would be amazed how many don't have the coupe, even don't have the first prize (that was only 10 attacks). Hell, even I didn't bother looking into the event until I noticed here in the forum there was something wrong. At that point I realised I was missing something big. I even started a new mini for this. In 3 days I got it to L10 AND did the Brawl until the coupe.
The hardest thing was to reach L10 with only 100 a/d. After the first prize it was peanuts. ;)
Absolutely. I see no issue with active players getting access to the Coupé so they have a fighting chance to buy the Transtech within the time remaining. You'd need to be earning in all ways over $192K an hour to have a chance to build it now for those without, assuming the 30% discount also applies to build costs; a lot more if not.

I have no sympathy whatsoever with the people who got it earlier, have been using the benefit for months and are now crying. Maybe that's because I've built my hood up the hard way over about 18 months - no free banking, no building cost/time modifiers (except for the 3rd place Midtown one, and now the Coupé) and definitely no gold finishes. Get over it.

bald zeemer
07-03-2013, 04:30 AM
The 30% won't (directly) help in buying the building, only in upgrading it.

Hoodratt
07-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Lol all I read was: whahh WHAAH whaah! Its not your game, You didn't design it, If ya don't like it don't play it! Damn the rest of you get off this guys nutz! You all remind me of a bad case of da crabs the way you hang off his testies :)

mxz
07-03-2013, 05:44 AM
The 30% won't (directly) help in buying the building, only in upgrading it.Speaking of the 30% off - anyone else noticing it's only giving a ~29% discount?

The odd numbers are really screwing with me.

Deadwater
07-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Speaking of the 30% off - anyone else noticing it's only giving a ~29% discount?

The odd numbers are really screwing with me.

I've never done the math, but now you have me wanting to check it out.

R3dbull
07-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Did they change it for anyone?? I have stiil two coupe's but only one is counting. So they dont want to rename it right?