PDA

View Full Version : complain, complain, complain!

wa7sh
06-29-2013, 03:34 PM
GUYS SERIOUSLY, do you know how long it takes to code **** every war and fix bugs?
Do you know how long it is to reply to thousands of tickets each day?

They can just go around hiring thousands of employees to make this 'faster for us'. GREE is a company not a game whats on thier mind is PROFIT not customer satisfaction. Imagine you are in there place would you rather make 1000$ a day or 100$ a day? < (rhetorical questions)

They might have disappointed us a few times, but hey that's how the game is played.

This hasen't been posted to piss anyone of but to make you realise how much work and effort they have put and are putting into this game for you and for them

edit: Dont hate, its the truth and you know it

the_brein
06-29-2013, 03:42 PM
GUYS SERIOUSLY, do you know how long it takes to code **** every war and fix bugs?

They can just go around hiring thousands of employees to make this 'faster for us'. GREE is a company not a game whats on thier mind is PROFIT not customer satisfaction. Imagine you are in there place would you rather make 1000$ a day or 100$ a day? < (rhetorical questions)

They might have disappointed us a few times, but hey that's how the game is played.

This hasen't been posted to piss anyone of but to make you realise how much work and effort they have put and are putting into this game for you and for them

I agree with you. But when you pay for something, u kinda expect to get what u pay for. So when a problem occurs with money, we should complain. I always make nice after they fix the problem.

wa7sh
06-29-2013, 04:04 PM
I agree with you. But when you pay for something, u kinda expect to get what u pay for. So when a problem occurs with money, we should complain. I always make nice after they fix the problem.

you'd expect people to get angry when they spend gold and get nothing, but no one guaranteed it in the start.

Deadwater
06-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Wow, really? So if you Goto a restaurant and order a med rare steak but get a well done you don't complain?

Messing with someone's money is an insult regardless of who is doing it or why. Everyone has the right to complain, I don't care how much work they have to do. they are providing a service/game and if they fail they should correct it.

It's like buying gold and it disappearing..they fixed that in time for battles and gave 200 gold to every regardless of who it effect. That was fair and in a timely fashion. So why is this any different?

K-Dawg
06-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Wow, really? So if you Goto a restaurant and order a med rare steak but get a well done you don't complain?

So then why do you people not only continue to eat this "awful" steak but also continue to be a regular customer at the restaurant.

Deadwater
06-29-2013, 04:53 PM
So then why do you people not only continue to eat this "awful" steak but also continue to be a regular customer at the restaurant.

Why quote me?
Since you want to put your name to my posts I might as well ask...are you the original owner of this kdawg account or second or third?

Either way, if someone messes up my steak at a restaurant it isn't affect of "not going to eat there ever again" it's a difficult process that takes practice just like coding. Gree will get it right one day, but till then all they have to do is say "We are sorry our coding isn't developed enough to allow the same item to stack together but we are working on it". It shows understanding, sympathy and most important the want to be better.

Lars
06-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Yes, I know. Bugs always happen. However, I have seen quite a couple of problems that I would expect to be present only at very rare occasions in published software of any team I worked with.

wa7sh
06-29-2013, 04:55 PM
why quote me?
Since you want to put your name to my posts i might as well ask...are you the original owner of this kdawg account or second or third?

Either way, if someone messes up my steak at a restaurant it isn't affect of "not going to eat there ever again" it's a difficult process that takes practice just like coding. Gree will get it right one day, but till then all they have to do is say "we are sorry our coding isn't developed enough to allow the same item to stack together but we are working on it". It shows understanding, sympathy and most important the want to be better.

if youre so angry with gree why dont you quit?.... Exactly! Shutup

Lurker
06-29-2013, 05:01 PM
How much gold have you spent on the game? Have you ever put your money where your mouth is?

If you are a gold player, you have every right to get satisfactory service for money paid. Period.

K-Dawg
06-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Why quote me?
Since you want to put your name to my posts I might as well ask...are you the original owner of this kdawg account or second or third?

Either way, if someone messes up my steak at a restaurant it isn't affect of "not going to eat there ever again" it's a difficult process that takes practice just like coding. Gree will get it right one day, but till then all they have to do is say "We are sorry our coding isn't developed enough to allow the same item to stack together but we are working on it". It shows understanding, sympathy and most important the want to be better.

The owner of this account is irrelevant. In games like these you either pay to play or you play for free, the fact that so many people play this game says they're doing good and the fact that so many people are paying thousands says they're doing great. Priority number one is to make money, customer satisfaction, support response time and all that other stuff come afterwards (if at all).

Also the reasons the coupes don't stack isn't because of a coding error, they made them not stack on purpose. They released the coupe to the general public to increase the number of people participating in the LE Building Events, this way they can.....you guessed it make more money.

Happyperson1
06-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Are you insane? do you know how much money people have poured into this game? we lived with hackers for almost a year and GREE did nothing about all our losses that were racked up by the hackers. Don't tell me how long it takes to code something. Don't release items when they"re not ready! Don't have events when every player at level 250 has a rivals list populated by players at levels which can't be attacked from level 250.

It's called quality control. Every company makes mistakes. But GREE is just awful. I play the game because I like it and I like the players in my syndicate. But GREE makes it harder and harder every single day to keep playing. Shame on them for releasing the event this weekend with so many players disabled and shame on you for being an apologist for them.

Lurker
06-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Ding ****, we have a winner.

"They released the coupe to the general public to increase the number of people participating in the LE Building Events, this way they can.....you guessed it make more money."

K-Dawg
06-29-2013, 05:16 PM
You people can make all the complaining threads you want. Gree operates at its own pace with its own goals in mind for its own reasons. You can either cry until the cows come home or do us a favor and quit so we don't have to see all the useful and helpful threads bumped down because Johnny can't stop buying gold for a product he think is crappy and feels the need to express his unhappiness on social media.

Now hush children and play the game already #Smug :cool:

TZora
06-29-2013, 07:11 PM

of course, you are correct. i mean, if i'm running a business, i can spend all the time to advertise my product, i can spend all the time to lure the world with the word 'free' when there's nothing free in this farking world, i can find enough time to advertise my other products through the 'free product' and i can do 20 other things like push ads, etc in order to make money. but i'm not obligated to make the product better or hire good coders to make the product even worth looking at. and for my customers who make my day whenever they buy gold, i have no obligations at all, i want them to keep paying for a broken product. nope, i'm not even entitled to receive complaints.

of course, you didn't expect everyone to say "you are correct" but hey, i did say, you are correct. all these people complaining are just enjoying complaining here. some are going extreme verbal, they just love eBashing people :)

Dipstik
06-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Ding ****, we have a winner.

"They released the coupe to the general public to increase the number of people participating in the LE Building Events, this way they can.....you guessed it make more money."

No, it was an accident. The person picking the prizes out of a database probably didnt even notice the modifier. If they wanted to make the limited buildings easier, they could just make them 30% cheaper. Now they'll probably get more expensive to compensate for the large number of coupes out there.

LucaLuca
06-29-2013, 08:20 PM

May be going out on a limb here but I'm guessing you're not one of the players that is getting screwed by this "non-stacking" latest debacle.

Dipstik
06-29-2013, 08:25 PM
May be going out on a limb here but I'm guessing you're not one of the players that is getting screwed by this "non-stacking" latest debacle.

I am. He's right.

PawnXIIX
06-29-2013, 08:35 PM
About the program every war thing...all they need to do was program the backend then after that all they do is change variable names.

So maybe about 2 hours, as of which the majority of that is arguing which name to go with this time, the seemingly random numbers that are the prize attack and defense, and determining which section of the map is going to be used this time.

Most of the programming was making the GUI, and also I expect the matching algorithm took a while I'd bet...

MoarKrabs
06-29-2013, 10:47 PM
I don't know about you, but trying to build something only to have the game crash on you is just plain unacceptable.

Deadwater
06-29-2013, 11:16 PM

Angry? Who said I was angry, clearly your a little child with too much time on your hands. I got the coupe for free (tj gold used only). I did it for a game changing modifier, now everyone has it.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
06-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Also the reasons the coupes don't stack isn't because of a coding error, they made them not stack on purpose. They released the coupe to the general public to increase the number of people participating in the LE Building Events, this way they can.....you guessed it make more money.

Please enlighten us.. How does making an event easier make them more money? Also look forward to your explanation on the thumper when it's awarded.

TZora
06-29-2013, 11:27 PM
I don't know about you, but trying to build something only to have the game crash on you is just plain unacceptable.
omg .. the game crashes? first time i heard of that .. i thought gree games were near perfection ..

wa7sh
06-30-2013, 03:17 AM

i do. sometimes you have to deal with it.

wa7sh
06-30-2013, 03:19 AM
Angry? Who said I was angry, clearly your a little child with too much time on your hands. I got the coupe for free (tj gold used only). I did it for a game changing modifier, now everyone has it.]
child? dude iam not going to argue with you, all iam going to say is that you mess with gree they **** you up. there multi-millionaires and your just a dude on his phone.

Deadwater
06-30-2013, 06:34 AM
]
child? dude iam not going to argue with you, all iam going to say is that you mess with gree they **** you up. there multi-millionaires and your just a dude on his phone.

1) Not on a phone 2) no one is messing with gree 3) dude?

It's very simple, say you have three groups. Group A, Group B, and Group C. Non discribed groups. Group A provides a service to group B for a fee, group b pays. Group A turns around to group C and gives the same service for free. Should group b be upset or not? The answer is yes, no matter the reason for the free service.

KemoKidd
06-30-2013, 07:06 AM
I understand all your clever analogies to compare gree to other companies like a restaurant but if I order a steak and its wrong I do say something AND THEY FIX IT FOR THEIR PAYING CUSTOMER! Also, how do you explain two people getting the same thing but the person who paid real money suffers (of course Im talking about the non-stackable item).

K-Dawg
06-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Please enlighten us.. How does making an event easier make them more money? Also look forward to your explanation on the thumper when it's awarded.

Obviously you either didn't think this through yourself or you just didn't have the extra brain cell left to ponder this. Either way i shall do as you request and hold your hand as i explain why they make money off this very smart business move.

LE BUilding prices skyrocket every event to the point were those with low IPH's struggle to just build the building. Only a handful of people in this game have the IPH to take a LE Building to level 10 within 3 weeks especially when its initial cost was over 70 million. So instead of spending money and gold to try and upgrade the LE building for prizes the poor people have to be satisfied with just scraping enough money to build the buildings or not even build them at all. However with a -30% upgrade modifier it not only gives players the illusion of having the ability to complete the challenge but also encourages them to participate in every LE event in the future.

They didn't give out the coupe for the 10% of people who are super poor or the 5% that are super rich, they gave it out for the 85% of people that are almost rich enough to participate in the event but not quite. Long story short it encourages LE Building event participation.

K-Dawg
06-30-2013, 07:17 AM
I understand all your clever analogies to compare gree to other companies like a restaurant but if I order a steak and its wrong I do say something AND THEY FIX IT FOR THEIR PAYING CUSTOMER! Also, how do you explain two people getting the same thing but the person who paid real money suffers (of course Im talking about the non-stackable item).

I'm not saying none of you paying players have the right to complain, frankly whether you pay or not you still have the right to complain. But there comes a point where you just complain way too much.....i mean seriously if they continue to fail at perfecting your order then just don't come back anymore (quit). No one wants to see you waltz back in the restaurant for the 50th time, order the exact same thing, and then complain about it being wrong (again) just save your money and don't come back or at the least accept the game for what it is and chill out and all the incessant "wtf GREE" threads.

BigMoney
06-30-2013, 07:23 AM
LE BUilding prices skyrocket every event to the point were those with low IPH's struggle to just build the building. Only a handful of people in this game have the IPH to take a LE Building to level 10 within 3 weeks especially when its initial cost was over 70 million. So instead of spending money and gold to try and upgrade the LE building for prizes the poor people have to be satisfied with just scraping enough money to build the buildings or not even build them at all. However with a -30% upgrade modifier it not only gives players the illusion of having the ability to complete the challenge but also encourages them to participate in every LE event in the future.

It's already been pointed out, but if GREE wanted to make the LTBs cheaper, they could just do that by changing the cost of the LTBs and their upgrades. They don't need to give out an item modifier to do it. Further, the type of people you say it would "encourage" to participate in the LTB are not the same people that are going to spend gold on the event, and hence it doesn't really matter if they are "encouraged to participate in future LTBs" or not.

They didn't give out the coupe for the 10% of people who are super poor or the 5% that are super rich, they gave it out for the 85% of people that are almost rich enough to participate in the event but not quite. Long story short it encourages LE Building event participation.

No, they gave it out this easily on accident. GREE said so themselves. If it had been the prize for #10 as it was intended, it would still be relatively cheap to obtain, but still not laughably easy.

K-Dawg
06-30-2013, 07:29 AM
the type of people you say it would "encourage" to participate in the LTB are not the same people that are going to spend gold on the event

Of course it is, i dont know about you but if i have the iph to support me upping a building to level 7/10 (with the use of gold to save time) then by all means im using gold to do it.

No, they gave it out this easily on accident. GREE said so themselves. If it had been the prize for #10 as it was intended, it would still be relatively cheap to obtain, but still not laughably easy.

They didn't give it out on accident, whether the prizes were in the correct order or not they still would have been giving it out and it still would've been very easy to obtain with little to no gold. The only thing reversing the prizes changed is everyone getting the coupe a day in a half earlier than what it would've normally taken them

wa7sh
06-30-2013, 07:39 AM
1) Not on a phone 2) no one is messing with gree 3) dude?

It's very simple, say you have three groups. Group A, Group B, and Group C. Non discribed groups. Group A provides a service to group B for a fee, group b pays. Group A turns around to group C and gives the same service for free. Should group b be upset or not? The answer is yes, no matter the reason for the free service.

if you dont like the customer GREE gives go shove a stick up you a$$ and quit.

wa7sh
06-30-2013, 07:41 AM

you can't tell them what to, they tell you what to do. Their game not yours.

basik
06-30-2013, 09:29 AM

You just went full retard, didn't you?

basik
06-30-2013, 09:37 AM

Actually quite simple:

If you make an event easier more players can participate. There for bringing in more gold revenue.

The current problem is that lower level players are not able to participate in building events or even come close to finishing the more recent LTQ's.

Adding more "ELITE" levels with greater incentives, such as bunuses, gives the more advanced players a goal to continue spending gold to finish.

for example:

Easier first tier level -> elite level 1 (hard, but, much better items and bonuses) -> elite level 2 (very hard, but, much better items and bonuses) -> elite level 3 (crazy hard, but, much better items and bonuses)

compared to the current system:

Really hard level with decent bonuses-> elite level 1 (almost impossible, but, much better items and bonuses)

Rather than the current system where only people who have been playing for 2 years can participate.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
06-30-2013, 09:44 AM
LE building prices skyrocketing? They go up and down.. That's hardly the definition of skyrocketing.

It's likely that anyone who was previously in a position to spend money in this event who didn't have the coupe, will now have to spend less money, not more. It's even more likely that these people spend money on every event, and already have the coupe.

If you have a low IPH, these events are still just as unaccesible even with -30%. I'd speculate that the LTB is one of Free's least profitable events.

Finally, if Free really wanted to make money, they could have created a new item with -30% and done a collect 10 with the odds of yesteryear.

wa7sh
06-30-2013, 10:08 AM
You just went full retard, didn't you?

no, its the truth and you know it ;)

K-Dawg
06-30-2013, 10:13 AM
LE building prices skyrocketing? They go up and down.. That's hardly the definition of skyrocketing.

It's likely that anyone who was previously in a position to spend money in this event who didn't have the coupe, will now have to spend less money, not more. It's even more likely that these people spend money on every event, and already have the coupe.

If you have a low IPH, these events are still just as unaccesible even with -30%. I'd speculate that the LTB is one of Free's least profitable events.

Finally, if Free really wanted to make money, they could have created a new item with -30% and done a collect 10 with the odds of yesteryear.

Are you serious? Use common sense friend your making yourself sound ignorant.

1. Yes the prices are skyrocketing, every single LE building has been more expensive than the last (with the exception of the toy box). For example first the pagoda was 15mill then the next one (the mill) was 75mill, if that's not skyrocketing then i need to take another semester of marketing.

2. If someone can buy a pack of soda for 5 dollars but then gets a coupon and is now able to get 2 packs of soda for only 7 dollars and 50 cents then a very large majority of people will spend MORE money not less because they get better bang for their buck. This is extremely basic economics.

3. The modifier makes this MORE accessible to those with low IPH and therefore increases the probability of people attempting to participate in future LE Building Events.

4. Gree can't keep giving out upgrade modifiers all willy nilly because soon you'll end up with people who have -95% building upgrade cost and essentially break the game. Then that gives something else for crybabies to complain about.

Use your head bro this isn't difficult logic..... #Smug:cool:

TZora
06-30-2013, 10:39 AM
no, its the truth and you know it ;)

it is strange to me that you think these forums were created in order to go chummy chummy with the customers. think for a moment, why is gree spending time and manpower for these forums ..

these are corporates and everything they do, is for a good reason which is well thought, well discussed and well executed. they've given these forums for us to vent our disappointment here so that we don't go to Google Play or Apple Apps website and ruin their 5 stars.

secondly, these forums are here to take customer feedback and enhance the game. complaining can be taken constructively. if nobody complains or communicates potential improvements to the game, nothing changes.

Lurker
06-30-2013, 10:50 AM
That's only true when the player is a mooch. When you are not paying a cent, you deserve the customer service you get. Some of us actually spend money and we expect a superior level of customer service. It's like I mentioned in my previous post which you so conveniently ignored.

Frankly, wa7sh, you're Crime City's equivalent of a career welfare queen on food stamps and government cheese. To continue the analogy, I wouldn't even consider your opinion on sit down dining in a fine restaurant, expectations of service, or the wine cellar.

I'm sure you have opinions on all of the above - but then again, you'd be wrong. Lol.

you can't tell them what to, they tell you what to do. Their game not yours.

Legen...dary
06-30-2013, 01:37 PM
on the whole Restaurant, Steak thing... If there was another steak house in town then more people would choose a different restaurant. You see, anyone can cook a steak. No one else can take build an almost identical game, but without all the bugs. GREE would sue and win for violating the copyright.

So the real scenario is this... We go to this restaurant because they are the only restaurant in the entire world that is allowed to sell this particular hybrid ostrich/beef steak meat. They can get away with serving it well done even if I ordered it rare because no one else in the whole world sells this meat. So, no, I have no other choice but to continue ordering it rare and hoping that they will make it rare or even med-rare this time instead of well done. It's still a decent bet ordering and pre-paying for a steak because they usually get my order right, but that doesn't mean that I don't get to complain when they burn it.

The big fear here is that if you complain too loudly that they will say "No steak for you!". They have been AWESOME about never doing that. As long as they don't kick out their customers and continue to put up with us moaning about the quality they will thrive... I mean, do you really want to go back to eating angry-bird meat?

wa7sh
06-30-2013, 01:57 PM
on the whole Restaurant, Steak thing... If there was another steak house in town then more people would choose a different restaurant. You see, anyone can cook a steak. No one else can take build an almost identical game, but without all the bugs. GREE would sue and win for violating the copyright.

So the real scenario is this... We go to this restaurant because they are the only restaurant in the entire world that is allowed to sell this particular hybrid ostrich/beef steak meat. They can get away with serving it well done even if I ordered it rare because no one else in the whole world sells this meat. So, no, I have no other choice but to continue ordering it rare and hoping that they will make it rare or even med-rare this time instead of well done. It's still a decent bet ordering and pre-paying for a steak because they usually get my order right, but that doesn't mean that I don't get to complain when they burn it.

The big fear here is that if you complain too loudly that they will say "No steak for you!". They have been AWESOME about never doing that. As long as they don't kick out their customers and continue to put up with us moaning about the quality they will thrive... I mean, do you really want to go back to eating angry-bird meat?

if yours so unhappy, why cant you leave the stea. house and go somwhere else is my answer to those who are complaining?

wa7sh
06-30-2013, 01:59 PM
it is strange to me that you think these forums were created in order to go chummy chummy with the customers. think for a moment, why is gree spending time and manpower for these forums ..

these are corporates and everything they do, is for a good reason which is well thought, well discussed and well executed. they've given these forums for us to vent our disappointment here so that we don't go to Google Play or Apple Apps website and ruin their 5 stars.

secondly, these forums are here to take customer feedback and enhance the game. complaining can be taken constructively. if nobody complains or communicates potential improvements to the game, nothing changes.

well, nothing has changed except the improvents to increase there revenue.

K-Dawg
06-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Then just don't order steak at all from that place, there are millions of other restaurants with different foods just as there are tons of different games and apps for players to play (clash of clans being a popular one). GREE needs peoples constructive criticism, Billionaire is a perfect example, so they know how to improve the game but all people do now a days is just cry and moan. There's a fine line with these things and the CC community is playing jump rope with it.

wa7sh
06-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Then just don't order steak at all from that place, there are millions of other restaurants with different foods just as there are tons of different games and apps for players to play (clash of clans being a popular one). GREE needs peoples constructive criticism, Billionaire is a perfect example, so they know how to improve the game but all people do now a days is just cry and moan. There's a fine line with these things and the CC community is playing jump rope with it......

exactly!

name
06-30-2013, 04:27 PM
LTQ is too hard, everybody cries.
Gree f'd up the prices for street brawl, everybody starts fighting and then cries.

Sorry to say, but I've been with this game before scratchers came to IOS, people cried then, it was unfair then, it is unfair now.

I've learned to accept all the f'ups Greed makes, more specifically I kinda like them in particular. I loved the upgrade all buildings arrows in my hood and it wasn't an accident that I downloaded that update, nor the update where I had to guess my enemies stats, nor the previous updates where I couldn't upgrade anything. Every f'up is just a part of the game/a risk you take.

Thanks Gree, for this excellent f'up, im lovin' it. Can you please give everybody the evidence blaster (not stackable) after this event to make up for your mistakes? ;-).

- What do you do when you're winning? Party! What do you do when you loose? Party Harder!! -

TZora
06-30-2013, 05:29 PM
well, nothing has changed except the improvents to increase there revenue.
which means, we need to complain more :)

BigMoney
07-01-2013, 01:25 AM
the type of people you say it would "encourage" to participate in the LTB are not the same people that are going to spend gold on the event

Of course it is, i dont know about you but if i have the iph to support me upping a building to level 7/10 (with the use of gold to save time) then by all means im using gold to do it.

The people with IPHs high enough to get them to 7/10 aren't the people you were talking about:

You were just arguing that the Executive Coupe would encourage people with IPHs too low to participate in LTBs to start participating in them. I said that these aren't the people that will be spending gold on the game. This group is mutually exclusive from the people who are getting to 7/10 on an LTB. So not only do I understand how your comment is relevant, it doesn't make any sense anyway-- when GREE awards prizes at the start of the upgrade, no gold is needed to get to level 10, and upgrading the building with gold sooner doesn't make any sense since it's unlikely the payout (e.g. $14mil / 24hrs at level 9 for the Transtech) will make the difference in an upgrade (when level 10 for example is $7.8 billion). Or specifically for your level 7/10 example, if you're willing to spend 2820 gold to upgrade your building to level 7 instantly (and assuming you had the $4.1 billion in the bank saved to get to level 7), you could enjoy collecting on your Transtech building 19 times in a 20 day event for an extra... 19 * $14.1 mil = $267.9 mil. I have a $2mil IPH, which isn't even going to take me close to level 7 despite already having the Executive Coupe, payout bonuses, etc., and a Vault of Cash for me is $250mil. Probably a better option that dropping two vaults of gold on this, eh?

tl;dr Your argument makes no sense, your example makes no sense (though I probably didn't need to debunk it), but your example doesn't even make sense at level 9/10 of upgrading an LTB.

They didn't give it out on accident, whether the prizes were in the correct order or not they still would have been giving it out and it still would've been very easy to obtain with little to no gold. The only thing reversing the prizes changed is everyone getting the coupe a day in a half earlier than what it would've normally taken them

I didn't say they gave it out on accident, I said, "they gave it out this easily on accident." There's a huge difference in getting to Street Brawler #5 and Street Brawler #10, mainly that you need gold for stamina refills (though not as much gold as you probably would for an old collect-10) and a hell of a lot of time to attack however many people it is you need to attack for #10 (I've lost track, I'm 872/900 on #13), but it's a huge time commitment. It's not "a day and a half earlier," it's "a day and a half of playing CC the entire time" pretty much. I'm sure many people would still have tried for #10 for the Coupe, but it would hardly be a gimme then-- someone with an average attack would have to spend either a lot more time or a lot more gold finding good targets to hit.

Anyway, I didn't really mean to make such an issue out of your post, I just fully disagree that GREE has been reusing items with modifiers in some sort of clever ploy to generate more revenue. I'd be more inclined to believe it was a move of incompetence, such as whoever put the prize in had no idea the item had a modifier. I'm not saying that's the case, just that I wouldn't be surprised if it were.

deadwood rob
07-01-2013, 05:49 AM
The problem I had with the update and quest was all of the sudden 95% of the people I came across had super-stats.

I'm level 156 with right at 90K def and att and just about everyone I saw had stats in the 250K+ range and a hundred million cash on hand. It made the game totally unplayable. I was used to the occasional super-stat gold player, but just about everybody?!?!?! I sent a ticket to Gree and it has been better since.

The secondary problem (that still persist) is inaccurate stats on opponents. I will look and they will say 60K defense, yet when I hit them I lose and it shows they have 90-100k. It seems pretty routine that rivals will have 10-20K higher defense than it initially shows. This problem is for me, my wife, and several in our syndicate.

bald zeemer
07-01-2013, 05:57 AM
Essentially, whenever the list opens up the players you'll see are those that others can't beat.

AT 156 it's an effect. At 200+ it means if you have sub-500k stats (ballpark estimate) you're probably not hitting anyone at all.

I dropped out of FC temporarily (to ensure that transfers didnt' leave a blank slot), and in that time my entire rivals list was FC. Why? Because the only people not too beat up were those with stats too big. In the end, I worked around it (and the fact I was on planes most of the time). I can't go for #1, sure, but i can definitely go for 100. So why are people complaining?

Butt Futter
07-01-2013, 06:50 AM
I have had about 7 guys constantly taking me out every 2 hours and robbing every single one of my buildings if not collected within a minute of popping up. Makes me think I'm putting out great points. :)

Most of my rivals list are filled 100% with guys too beat up. Don't really care because I can rob them which puts out more points then attacking.

bald zeemer
07-01-2013, 06:54 AM
Dammit, leave me a link and I'll make it 1 guy cleaning you out.

:D

BigMoney
07-01-2013, 06:55 AM
I'm level 156 with right at 90K def and att and just about everyone I saw had stats in the 250K+ range and a hundred million cash on hand. It made the game totally unplayable. I was used to the occasional super-stat gold player, but just about everybody?!?!?! I sent a ticket to Gree and it has been better since.

Haha, too bad we can't trade Rival Lists. I have the opposite problem, too many people with weak stats, which don't give me very many points.

Butt Futter
07-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Dammit, leave me a link and I'll make it 1 guy cleaning you out.

:D

Honestly I was waiting to get a link from you. I never got one nor did I see you in my rivals list. I left a few links for your fellow FC memebers though. :)

Tell Rex I said thinks for his NC a couple times. :)

bald zeemer
07-01-2013, 07:04 AM
Bah, I still haven't seen Sam, so I'll pass on nothing!
*hissyfit*

wa7sh
07-01-2013, 08:12 AM
The problem I had with the update and quest was all of the sudden 95% of the people I came across had super-stats.

The secondary problem (that still persist) is inaccurate stats on opponents. I will look and they will say 60K defense, yet when I hit them I lose and it shows they have 90-100k. It seems pretty routine that rivals will have 10-20K higher defense than it initially shows. This problem is for me, my wife, and several in our syndicate.

having people stronger than you in the game is not GREE's problem its your fault your **** and leveled up quickly.

pattie
07-01-2013, 10:00 AM
I thank the gold players for keeping this game free.
Pity that it's the gold players who are being taken for a ride...

Ben Weston
07-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Are you serious? Use common sense friend your making yourself sound ignorant.

1. Yes the prices are skyrocketing, every single LE building has been more expensive than the last (with the exception of the toy box). For example first the pagoda was 15mill then the next one (the mill) was 75mill, if that's not skyrocketing then i need to take another semester of marketing.

2. If someone can buy a pack of soda for 5 dollars but then gets a coupon and is now able to get 2 packs of soda for only 7 dollars and 50 cents then a very large majority of people will spend MORE money not less because they get better bang for their buck. This is extremely basic economics.

3. The modifier makes this MORE accessible to those with low IPH and therefore increases the probability of people attempting to participate in future LE Building Events.

4. Gree can't keep giving out upgrade modifiers all willy nilly because soon you'll end up with people who have -95% building upgrade cost and essentially break the game. Then that gives something else for crybabies to complain about.

Use your head bro this isn't difficult logic..... #Smug:cool:

what you're not taking into account is the fact that these free players are exactly as described, playing for free. they aren't paying a small amount so paying a little bit more makes more sense/better value.

all giving away a good item with this modifier means is that these free players get further into the event for free, it doesn't mean they are going to suddenly spend $100 on gold/cash when they never have before. #knob

K-Dawg
07-01-2013, 10:47 AM
what you're not taking into account is the fact that these free players are exactly as described, playing for free. they aren't paying a small amount so paying a little bit more makes more sense/better value.

all giving away a good item with this modifier means is that these free players get further into the event for free, it doesn't mean they are going to suddenly spend $100 on gold/cash when they never have before. #knob

It encourages fence sitting free players to participate. There is no black and white in marketing everything is a shade of gray. You obviously know very little on this so its best you stop posting, there's a reason you don't work in this department.

Ben Weston
07-01-2013, 01:51 PM
ahhh, so you're one of those know it all ad types that lives on a different planet and actually has no idea what goes on in the real world?

please explain why someone that can get to say level 5 of a LTB for free gains a modifier allowing them to get to level 6 or 7 would then think "I know, I'll spend some actual money on this!" when in reality those people are thinking "Awesome, I used to only get to 5 for free, now i'm getting to 6 or possibly even 7 for free!!"

I agree that there would be a small percentage of people on the border line of making the next upgrade who would consider buying some gold but those are already gold spenders are only going to use the bare minimum gold to get one more upgrade which seeing as gree now gives you the prize when you start an upgrade rather than finish it is going to be seconds away from the timer.

and for the record your analogy about drinks was stupid and completely off point, maybe you need to go away and cloud with your colleagues until you come up with some really unique, value added customer focused ideas that really offer best in class, exceptional ROI that exceeds expectations on every level.

BigMoney
07-01-2013, 01:55 PM
No light gold spender in their right mind is using gold on the LTBs. It makes no sense whatsoever (no need to speed upgrades when you can get to L10 on time, given that the prize is awarded at the start of the upgrade). If the LTBs are encouraging you to buy anything, it's to buy vaults of cash instead of gold.

wa7sh
07-01-2013, 02:04 PM
No light gold spender in their right mind is using gold on the LTBs. It makes no sense whatsoever (no need to speed upgrades when you can get to L10 on time, given that the prize is awarded at the start of the upgrade). If the LTBs are encouraging you to buy anything, it's to buy vaults of cash instead of gold.

vaults of cash or vaults of gold= profit for gree.