PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire players

hawkeye_9
06-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Any other kindle fire players out there a little sore about all these LTQ and street brawl events we can't participate in? Does anyone know when we'll be on equal footing with iOS and other Android players???:confused:

Dipstik
06-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Buy an iPad. No seriously... A kindle? Why not try playing the pen and paper version in your daily newspaper?

hawkeye_9
06-29-2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks Dip...

Flyingsquad23
06-29-2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah it's been more than frustrating, losing ground everyday. I did just find out that you can get all the prizes for street brawl just do the hits. You just don't get screen shots or splash screen or coins but you do get prizes

hawkeye_9
06-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Thank you Flyingsquad! do you remember what the goals are? first is win 10 fights...anyone feel charitable enough to post those?

--edit--thanks to MisterIceNL in another thread...can anyone else fill in Levels 7-10?
Level1: 10
Level2: 25
Level3: 50
Level4: 75
Level5: 100
Level6: 200

Yeah it's been more than frustrating, losing ground everyday. I did just find out that you can get all the prizes for street brawl just do the hits. You just don't get screen shots or splash screen or coins but you do get prizes

Roscoe782
06-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Sideload the android version. I will post the steps.

Roscoe782
06-29-2013, 01:36 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?58533-Kindle-update...thundarr-u-got-your-wish...however.../page5&highlight=Sideloading

Just download crime city of course. Much more constructive than listening to dipstick. Just be warned. You now will have access, but will also be exposed to the more buggy android version

It's what I did in my kindle with both mw and cc

Dipstik
06-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Shouldn't you be bumping your whine thread rosco?

Roscoe782
06-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Oh no helpful hints for others, just sas? Surprising.

Dipstik
06-29-2013, 01:58 PM
I help everyone. Stop posting. Best advice you'll get today :)

Roscoe782
06-29-2013, 02:04 PM
I only stop when you stop and we both know that ain't happenin.

Roscoe782
06-29-2013, 02:05 PM
If u kindle players have any questions about sideloading, just pm me.

hawkeye_9
06-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Thanks Roscoe!

Dipstik
06-29-2013, 04:16 PM
I only stop when you stop and we both know that ain't happenin.

Bet you lose that one

Roscoe782
06-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Lol. Bet all you want. Again, I'm just glad I could help some people. You can say whatever you want. I'm not goin anywhere.

Roscoe782
06-29-2013, 06:10 PM
The amazon version is old old old. The only way to get anything but boss and wars is to sideload the android app. As far as the keyboard thing, you have to swipe the sidebar and press the back button. That will retract the keyboard.

Just like with the mw version. If u want to camp, it works just fine. So yes, you will level slowly, but it gives you a chance to crank up your attack and defense while being at a lower level = perfect for having an account that can mow through all 50 bosses.

But. If you want access to all events. As of now, the only option on the kindle is to sideload.

Mongo
07-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Roscoe I searched your posts to update my situation. Where is the hardcore amazon guy who was waiting for a "good" update? I sideloaded from 1mobilemarket. This version has the full droid features, stat views, free gold offers around the clock, LTQs etc. to anticipate the amazon first line of defense NO, it is 100 percent LESS buggy than the kindle version. In fact, mine never crashed once in Poland. Using the kindle version, ever get the "unknown error, download app from Amazon appstore?" A little frustrating when u have 2 hits left on lvl 40 boss....only issue, u can't buy gold, so in Poland I deleted the sideloaded version, installed kindle version, bought coins/gold, deleted& reinstalled sideliaded version, gold & full features intact. Not debatable IMO, sideload the current version.

Roscoe782
07-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Roscoe I searched your posts to update my situation. Where is the hardcore amazon guy who was waiting for a "good" update? I sideloaded from 1mobilemarket. This version has the full droid features, stat views, free gold offers around the clock, LTQs etc. to anticipate the amazon first line of defense NO, it is 100 percent LESS buggy than the kindle version. In fact, mine never crashed once in Poland. Using the kindle version, ever get the "unknown error, download app from Amazon appstore?" A little frustrating when u have 2 hits left on lvl 40 boss....only issue, u can't buy gold, so in Poland I deleted the sideloaded version, installed kindle version, bought coins/gold, deleted& reinstalled sideliaded version, gold & full features intact. Not debatable IMO, sideload the current version.

Yes. I did get that error! Maybe I just got so used to it I forgot about it. The only issue I have had with the sideloaded version is you can't buy gold. Gotta do that from the kindle version. You did exactly what i did. And you can't modify your avatar, same fix, but that's it.

I did get locked out of the modern war version for 2 hours Friday night. No idea why though.

Agree. Much better version as far as bells and whistles go.

Don't get me started on thundar :).

Shigeru
07-01-2013, 07:29 PM
But my iPad 3 got screw and unrecognized server.

Dkaell
07-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Any other kindle fire players out there a little sore about all these LTQ and street brawl events we can't participate in? Does anyone know when we'll be on equal footing with iOS and other Android players???:confused:

Kindle players can participate in LTQ events you just can't see them in your mission log. If you wait a little and pull the inevitable walkthrough thread from the forum then follow it as if it was in your mission log you will get all the same prizes, cash, bricks and respect just as if the missions were in your log.

Try it and you'll see the items are in your inventory, the cash is in your balance, the bricks are there and your respect increases. It just takes a little effort to keep track but you can still participate.

Dkaell
07-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Kindle players can participate in LTQ events you just can't see them in your mission log. If you wait a little and pull the inevitable walkthrough thread from the forum then follow it as if it was in your mission log you will get all the same prizes, cash, bricks and respect just as if the missions were in your log.

Try it and you'll see the items are in your inventory, the cash is in your balance, the bricks are there and your respect increases. It just takes a little effort to keep track but you can still participate.

and for all the kindle bashers that say you can't be competitive on a kindle I'm level 44 with 70k attack and 86k defense gold free in CC and level 61 with 142 attack and 186 defense in modern war as a light gold spender (3 vaults in the first 40 levels and none since) so you can be just as competitive on kindle as on any other devices

hard2figure
07-02-2013, 03:36 AM
I've played on my iPhone and on kids kindle. Last year it was the same but since GREE took over the kindle version hasn't been updated. I realize they don't want to support it but just admit it then.

I love reading about all the "work arounds" people have to "Fix" the problem. It is amazing that GREE doesn't have a hacker problem because of it. Oh wait, they do. True they only care if it appears to cut into profits but why in the world would a kindle user ever buy gold if we can't get support???

(not that I expect GREE to monitor their message board either. it was more fun under the funzio branding)

Roscoe782
07-02-2013, 01:13 PM
I've played on my iPhone and on kids kindle. Last year it was the same but since GREE took over the kindle version hasn't been updated. I realize they don't want to support it but just admit it then.

I love reading about all the "work arounds" people have to "Fix" the problem. It is amazing that GREE doesn't have a hacker problem because of it. Oh wait, they do. True they only care if it appears to cut into profits but why in the world would a kindle user ever buy gold if we can't get support???

(not that I expect GREE to monitor their message board either. it was more fun under the funzio branding)

The cool thing about the "work around" is it is not hacking and Amazon has no problem with it, or they would never give one the option to allow/run programs from third-party providers. As much as Amazon competes with Google and doesn't offer Google apps on the very limited Amazon app store, they don't really prevent you from loading said apps and using them.

So, I would much rather get the android app that actually gets, lol, support, than the kindle app that doesn't (regardless of whether that is a GREE or Amazon problem).

Interestingly, because, as of now, at least in my state, Amazon doesn't charge sales tax: it's cheaper to get gold through amazon than through apple. Just a little factoid.

Also, I don't think the kindle is the problem when it comes to hacking. From what I have heard, jail-breaking and hacking an Apple product (iphone, ipad) is easier than it is to hack MW from an android device. I may be wrong, because I have never tried, but that is what I have read.

Dipstik
07-02-2013, 01:21 PM
and for all the kindle bashers that say you can't be competitive on a kindle I'm level 44 with 70k attack and 86k defense gold free in CC and level 61 with 142 attack and 186 defense in modern war as a light gold spender (3 vaults in the first 40 levels and none since) so you can be just as competitive on kindle as on any other devices

Competitive like a dwarf among midgets...

Dkaell
07-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Competitive like a dwarf among midgets...

Not quite that competitive Dippy, more like a little person

hawkeye_9
07-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Okay, at first I was a little skeptical Roscoe.

Now I'm seriously considering sideloading the "supported" android version of this game. Thanks again.

alex6789
07-02-2013, 10:39 PM

Try it and you'll see the items are in your inventory, the cash is in your balance, the bricks are there and your respect increases. It just takes a little effort to keep track but you can still participate.Nope doesn't work tried it last event....no luck

alex6789
07-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Any other kindle fire players out there a little sore about all these LTQ and street brawl events we can't participate in? Does anyone know when we'll be on equal footing with iOS and other Android players???:confused: yea sent many a ticket to gree.....got told to buy a different device, they weren't going to help out and update the kindle/amazon version.

Dkaell
07-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Nope doesn't work tried it last event....no luck

It does work alex, I do the LTQ this way on both Modern War and CC on my Kindle. Sometimes you have to wait a few minutes before the prizes show up but they do if you complete the events in order as if you were following them in your mission log.

Jayo-XK1
07-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Ha! It does work....preshate it guys

hawkeye_9
07-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere, but now the kindle version seems to be the full-octane variety. Several parts of the user interface are different, and I notice a very nice upgrade in the speed of the app. Lastly, there is also a new display when one views his/her profile. It shows your syndicate information and it shows you what syndicate bonuses you have earned. Lastly, and more to the origin of this thread...Kindle Fire users can now participate in LTQ events without having to log into the forum because the missions show up in our goals list.

Nice job developers!!! Thank you!!!

Dipstik
07-10-2013, 10:25 PM
You just got that?

hawkeye_9
07-11-2013, 02:25 AM
You just got that?

Yup! I remember being told by someone on here that Kindler players may as well be playing with pencil and paper... {smugness} :D

Here's the version number: 3.7.2 | Build 103 | Data: 20130710_4

I'm guessing this is the Android version that others have been sideloading...can someone confirm? Roscoe??

Dipstik
07-11-2013, 05:40 AM
Sure you are, chief. God save the queen!

hawkeye_9
07-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Sure you are, chief. God save the queen!

Congrats on 4k!;)

Flyingsquad23
07-11-2013, 08:56 AM
This is what I've been waiting for 7 months. Works just like my iPad now, and I can actually read the menu screens and you are right hawk it seems lightning fast. Before this data it was taking 10min to collect my hood. Thank you GREE

Roscoe782
07-11-2013, 09:25 AM
It seems the version that was updated for MW is now crashing. Hope it is not happening to you guys. I still recommend sideloading. I only use the Kindle version of both CC and MW for gold buying when the need arises.

Jayo-XK1
07-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Ooooh havent updated yet this is actually exciting news lol

Jayo-XK1
07-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Only 1 level of the ltq showed up lol

hawkeye_9
07-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Only 1 level of the ltq showed up lol

Mine is working beautifully. What is the version you are running? Maybe restart?

Infamous for Life
07-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the info. I had an account on my Kindle and hated playing it with the Amazon version.

Jayo-XK1
07-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Yep actually took a few hrs but the next level showed up, now running as smooth as my cell

The Douche
07-13-2013, 05:47 AM
Sideloading works just fine. I ran a CC sideloaded in my kindle...then I rooted it and installed Google Play store...works even better now.

Jayo-XK1
07-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Its not even neccessary any more the cc fire version runs so smooth

alex6789
07-13-2013, 09:37 PM
It seems the version that was updated for MW is now crashing. Hope it is not happening to you guys. I still recommend sideloading. I only use the Kindle version of both CC and MW for gold buying when the need arises.Just wanna thank you Roscoe for the tip me and hubby did the sideload and works awesome! wish I'd found out months ago, Big Hugs!

Puckface McGee
10-29-2013, 10:36 AM
i've been having issues with my mini on my kindle fire hd, and found this thread while searching for answers. i used to be able to do the quests without the goals and still get credit. the current Grave Shift LTQ and the previous SLTQ have targets added just for the events, and i believe that is the cause of not being able to load the areas associated with the quests. (Failed to load area [x]).. can i chalk this up to amazon's updating issue and is anyone else having this issue, on a kindle or any other device? and would sideloading be an answer in this scenario as well?

alex6789
10-29-2013, 10:50 AM
i've been having issues with my mini on my kindle fire hd, and found this thread while searching for answers. i used to be able to do the quests without the goals and still get credit. the current Grave Shift LTQ and the previous SLTQ have targets added just for the events, and i believe that is the cause of not being able to load the areas associated with the quests. (Failed to load area [x]).. can i chalk this up to amazon's updating issue and is anyone else having this issue, on a kindle or any other device? and would sideloading be an answer in this scenario as well? yes sideloading is the only answer. Amazon has been unresponsive on this issue, and has since removed cc from the app store.

Puckface McGee
10-29-2013, 10:54 AM
thanks, alex. i suppose ill give that a run

warrends
10-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Sideloading works just fine. I ran a CC sideloaded in my kindle...then I rooted it and installed Google Play store...works even better now.

OK ... newb question:

What is sideloading?

The Toe
10-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Just means loading it without using the kindle store. I've got mine loaded that way and it works great except I can't buy gold. Now I have the fix for that too, just haven't gotten around to loading it yet.