PDA

View Full Version : hideout yes or no

gulp
06-29-2013, 04:43 AM
for the syndicate battle events you can build the hideout.
we are now discussing if it is usefull.
what is your opinion?

Munch on it
06-29-2013, 04:47 AM
It will be useful if you are fighting for a top spot against another syndicate as they will be scoring double points when you won't be. Which could cost you a spot

BigMoney
06-29-2013, 04:48 AM
I mean, they don't affect your score at all. At the top, they're more of a formality or fee, e.g. please pay 50 gold before you can attack other players. If you're like a Top 1000/4000 syndicate, they're not really going to help your score or significantly hurt you by boosting other team's scores.

c00guy
06-29-2013, 04:55 AM
Refer to the battle strategy FAQ for thoughts on hideouts: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?57399-Battle-Strategy-FAQ

Legen...dary
06-29-2013, 05:21 AM
Finishing at #388 and battling every other hour, with a few defensive battles thrown in the mix I noticed that most of the teams we fought (We only helped/hurt 45 other teams) weren't going to make or break our position. Legen...dary is going without hideouts this next war. We were averaging 5-10k defensive points every battle we didn't fight. We should get more defensive points this way. We'll see.

Worst case scenario is that we still make Top500. Best case scenario is that we get 200,000 extra IP while only giving a boost to a small number of syndicates that are actually near our ranking.

gulp
07-03-2013, 01:50 AM
thanks for the input. i read the trhead about the syn strategy. we have finished in top 250 for 3 events now. 2 without ho. i think building the ho will slow your opnents down in hitting the players and scoring more points. as long as you dont get extra ip for winning a battle it will nog matter much. maybe 5k points or so.

BigMoney
07-03-2013, 02:16 AM
Finishing at #388 and battling every other hour, with a few defensive battles thrown in the mix I noticed that most of the teams we fought (We only helped/hurt 45 other teams) weren't going to make or break our position. Legen...dary is going without hideouts this next war. We were averaging 5-10k defensive points every battle we didn't fight. We should get more defensive points this way. We'll see.

Worst case scenario is that we still make Top500. Best case scenario is that we get 200,000 extra IP while only giving a boost to a small number of syndicates that are actually near our ranking.

Could be wrong, but I believe you need to take down their wall in order for you to get double points from their failed attacks. You're not going to be getting any more defensive points by intentionally not having a hideout. However, other teams will be gaining double points from your team's failed attacks. Speaking of not helping the competition, this seems to be an even worse strategy.

Edit: when I was in a top 250 syndicate, coming across a team with a really weak hideout or no hideout at all was our cue to spend our gold hitting people. You're potentially helping out your competition bury you even further, by launching up teams that might have otherwise placed worse than you and having them push down syndicates that were already beating you.

bald zeemer
07-03-2013, 02:19 AM
You will from hits they are making on people instead of taking down the wall. Assuming that the team you are fighting has a finite amount of hits (at at that sort of level, that's a fair assumption) it is well worth it.

And it also means that a team is less likely to hit a wall and then sit idle - essentially tempting people to have ill-discipline.

That was my strategy when I did a 2-pers syndicate for a war, and it resulted in quite a few defensive wins.

BigMoney
07-03-2013, 02:25 AM
That's a pretty clever move on your part, bald zeemer, but I'm not sure it's as good of a strategy for someone who isn't as untouchable as you and Viola.

bald zeemer
07-03-2013, 03:24 AM
Obviously the efficiency of the move is related to the win % for attacks against you. Yes, it's certainly very handy when that's 100%, but even if it was 20% it's liable to be a good strategy - unless you are in direct competition for a spot with the team you are facing. That last point is probably the key here - if you are on the cusp of a tier, and you fight other teams in that vicinity, then hideouts are a must.

budman68
07-03-2013, 03:47 AM
Our group did no hideouts last battle. We finished about the same (near 350). Maybe 40 places lower but that was from team members not doing enough. We will continue with no hideouts next battle.

Legen...dary
07-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Could be wrong, but I believe you need to take down their wall in order for you to get double points from their failed attacks. You're not going to be getting any more defensive points by intentionally not having a hideout. However, other teams will be gaining double points from your team's failed attacks. Speaking of not helping the competition, this seems to be an even worse strategy.

That's no problem. We tend to take out a L10 wall in about 1 minute of the battle start. We are better organized than we have ever been.

Failed attacks are getting rarer. We've organized recon/scouting pretty well to ensure the most wins possible while finding that one special rival to wail on... and they can't get too many points from being scouted by one of our level15 members, anyway. Also, most teams took our wall down before we got much scouting in.

Obviously the efficiency of the move is related to the win % for attacks against you. Yes, it's certainly very handy when that's 100%, but even if it was 20% it's liable to be a good strategy - unless you are in direct competition for a spot with the team you are facing. That last point is probably the key here - if you are on the cusp of a tier, and you fight other teams in that vicinity, then hideouts are a must.

It's a good thing I can still buy Hideouts once we hit #275, then! We'd probably be fighting nothing but Top250 teams by that time, anyway... at least it seemed so last war. That wouldn't hurt our ability to gain a higher rank.

gulp
07-07-2013, 02:18 PM
so now we have 1 week to decide if we build ho or not :o

Hoeba
07-07-2013, 06:39 PM
I think we shouldnt gulp

so now we have 1 week to decide if we build ho or not :o

gulp
07-09-2013, 06:39 AM
we will score our points in battle and maintain our position.

4th Reich
07-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Useful opinions. Thanks all!

Infamous for Life
07-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Being in a top 10 team we have alot of Level 10 hideouts. It can make or break you staying top 10, but for lower level syndicates it might be a waste of money if you are trying to finish up all your bonuses.

187omni
07-09-2013, 02:33 PM
You will from hits they are making on people instead of taking down the wall. Assuming that the team you are fighting has a finite amount of hits (at at that sort of level, that's a fair assumption) it is well worth it.

And it also means that a team is less likely to hit a wall and then sit idle - essentially tempting people to have ill-discipline.

That was my strategy when I did a 2-pers syndicate for a war, and it resulted in quite a few defensive wins.

we used a wall against your 2 man team "what it is" .... yeah it didn't help ..

(CCK) Cam
07-09-2013, 05:28 PM
we used a wall against your 2 man team "what it is" .... yeah it didn't help ..its called "It Is what it is"

BigMoney
07-09-2013, 06:48 PM
we used a wall against your 2 man team "what it is" .... yeah it didn't help ..

That's because bald zeemer's sneezes are strong enough to knock down your hideout.