PDA

View Full Version : Now I know why most veterans of this forum are jaded

Tommy Two Toes
06-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Q & A for the petulant children.

Q) I spent money to get this prize a couple months ago, why is it so easy to get for free players now?
A) Obviously Gree effed up on this one. They admitted it. If you reverse the prizes, the coupe would have been level 10 prize, which non-gold players wouldn't be likely to reach. Gree is the one that suffers most from this. What should have been a great incentive to scoop up some cash from people who missed the modifier before, is nothing more than a wasted opportunity for them.

Q) Why can't you stack two of the same item, it's not fair!
A) It's a free item you can earn with relatively little time or XP, thanks to Gree's error. You'd probably complete five levels of the LTQ anyway to get it, so quit crying.

It's pretty obvious by the number of free players who think they won the lottery on this one, that the event is actually a non-event. Here is the reality that will soon burst your bubble: Stat inflation will go up by about 10-15k, so you aren't actually getting stronger, since all your enemies are too.

Like many others, I'll go ahead and complete Level 5, then spend a rare weekend enjoying real-life.

BigMoney
06-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Although I'd be slightly more okay with the Executive Coupe being there if it was out of reach of free players, I still wouldn't like it. For one, I've spent ~200 gold and I'm working on #9 right now, which is still hardly comparable to a normal Collect-10 box event of the old days ("normal" meaning you didn't get exceptionally lucky). And even then, it seems so easy to just make the item slightly different, so that everyone could benefit. And by "everyone" I mean people who spend gold.

Claymores
06-28-2013, 09:18 PM
I've only been playing for 3 months, but even I am gobsmacked at the size of the prize for level 1 Street Brawl for 10 measly fights.

I must be really annoying for more experienced players who were getting rubbish prizes for hard work/gold spend in the past.

Forget inflation...........GREEd are going to hyper-inflation with this. I also think it makes the box event look silly - those prizes are complete crapola by comparison!

BigMoney
06-28-2013, 09:22 PM
I've only been playing for 3 months, but even I am gobsmacked at the size of the prize for level 1 Street Brawl for 10 measly fights.

I must be really annoying for more experienced players who were getting rubbish prizes for hard work/gold spend in the past.

Forget inflation...........GREEd are going to hyper-inflation with this. I also think it makes the box event look silly - those prizes are complete crapola by comparison!

No, in comically inept fashion, GREE input the prizes backwards. You get the 14th prize for 10 fights, the 13th prize for 25 fights, then the 12th, 11th, 10th, etc.

Claymores
06-28-2013, 09:30 PM
I guess, Biggie, it just becomes a non-event? Almost compulsory to do the first 5 or 6 levels so that you have the same as everyone else, then forget it????????

At my lowly level, the fight comparison screens have become ridiculous.........EVERYONE has the same 3 high value items when you look at fight result!!!!!!!!!!!

Rodimus
06-28-2013, 11:34 PM
I knew today was gonna be a good day. Thanks GREE:)

Legen...dary
06-28-2013, 11:52 PM
I don't think of it as an error (though it is), but as a way to get players sucked into this type of event. Think of the very first LTB... what an amazing building! The first Boss rocked the world for all my accounts, even Legen who couldn't get that far for free.

Ok, the first LTQ stunk if you couldn't find the low level buildings to rob at L200, but for the most part it was decent with a LOT of prizes for anyone who had too much energy, and they don't need to get L200 players sucked into the game... they already are.

http://i.imgur.com/jupRssZ.png

Chica
06-29-2013, 12:44 AM
First ltb was on par with the rest until they changed it to type a.

BigMoney
06-29-2013, 01:15 AM
The Pagoda was still pretty good as a Type B, considering its output and its relatively cheap and fast upgrades. Turning it into a Type A just made it a beast of a building, second only to the NCs (but easier to collect on).

Although I'm not sure what Pagodas have to do with anything.

Chica
06-29-2013, 01:19 AM
I dunno ask barney, toy box isn't horrible eaither it seems like gree has made it a point to make all the 4x4 more easily accessible then the 8x8.

My2cents
06-29-2013, 03:42 AM
Not saying it will balance out for the whale spenders, but I'd imagine the next ltb will have some monster cost for upgrades.

wa7sh
06-29-2013, 04:08 AM

Q) I spent money to get this prize a couple months ago, why is it so easy to get for free players now?
A) Obviously Gree effed up on this one. They admitted it. If you reverse the prizes, the coupe would have been level 10 prize, which non-gold players wouldn't be likely to reach. Gree is the one that suffers most from this. What should have been a great incentive to scoop up some cash from people who missed the modifier before, is nothing more than a wasted opportunity for them.

A) It's a free item you can earn with relatively little time or XP, thanks to Gree's error. You'd probably complete five levels of the LTQ anyway to get it, so quit crying.

It's pretty obvious by the number of free players who think they won the lottery on this one, that the event is actually a non-event. Here is the reality that will soon burst your bubble: Stat inflation will go up by about 10-15k, so you aren't actually getting stronger, since all your enemies are too.

Like many others, I'll go ahead and complete Level 5, then spend a rare weekend enjoying real-life.

your wrong on the last bit.
1)not everyone is going to participate
2) some may be to weak to win fights
3) not everyone is active

c00guy
06-29-2013, 04:53 AM
Although I'm not sure what Pagodas have to do with anything.

What he's trying to say is that the first LTB (needs IPH) was awesome, the first LTQ (needs energy) was awesome and think of this event as a first PvP event (needs stamina) and it's awesome as well!

Well, it would have still been awesome if the 5th prize was the 9th prize, so I guess that's true - GREE wanted this event to be amazing. But, they made it too easy for everyone after getting the prizes backwards. Having said that, I'm a free player so I'm not complaining :D although I do feel for the players who spent all that gold to get the mod in the first place

Ciara
06-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Why the assumption that the in-event prize ordering is an error? I actually think it's quite cleverly balanced to reward low level, free and gold players. The prizes are geared to capability with effort* rewarded at the end. (*or how big is your wallet). Have you really not noticed that although within the event the prizes decrease, individual and syndicate ranking are rewarded?!!! So the usual suspects (yawn) will get the top group and individual prizes as always. Were they to also be the only ones to have access to the in-event rewards of any value, THEN the event would be a non-event for the vast number of players on the lower reaches of Mount Gree. This way round at least all active players get rewards worth having; those lording it over us on the rarified higher slopes get in-event, individual AND collective prizes. That doesn't strike me as being unfairly disadvantaged.

moose man
06-29-2013, 06:30 AM
Gree told us that they messed up.

Ciara
06-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Lol. Well, that's the real definition of stupid then, telling people that. They missed a trick, worse than the original ****-up. They could have acquired some credibility for intelligent thinking when it comes to the wider game membership, if they'd come up with my rationale. Instead of which, they've disappointed me by confirming yet again that the triple whammy of event, individual and collective rewards are always reserved for a few.

sister morphine
06-29-2013, 07:05 AM

Honestly boo hoo! Spending money in a box event is no guarantee of success in getting that tenth item. Putting this Coupé in as level 5 prize might just be a way to encourage more people to take part in ltb events. The upgrade costs for the current one are about twice those for a nightclub level for level, with about half the payout benefits. Those players who absolutely must have every bauble on offer won't care (or at least will grumble but pay the cost anyway).

Players who quit this event after level 5 or 6 won't get any individual prize, but everybody has their own priorities.

kuksluk
06-29-2013, 07:17 AM
I'm astonished by how many things they are able to mess up with this game.

And how are they not fully staffed on weekends when that's when they run these events?

K-Dawg
06-29-2013, 07:32 AM

For starters.....quit crying it's unbecoming of what i'd assume your being an adult. If you reverse the prizes and put the in the "correct" order then the coupe it only goes up 3 or 4 spots which is still attainable practically for free. Secondly you ask how it's fair, people like you payed gold for it got it a long time ago and were able to use it up to this point getting a significant head start and a very distinct advantage in IPH over the others (if your competent enough to use it properly. Also you can't stack the bonuses because it's the SAME FREAKING PRIZE you jack wagon why in the heck would your brain think "hmmmm this should stack." Lastly people should celebrate getting these prizes because a lot of players are inactive, don't check forums too much, or simply just don't care to attempt it.

kuksluk
06-29-2013, 07:39 AM
For starters.....quit crying it's unbecoming of what i'd assume your being an adult. If you reverse the prizes and put the in the "correct" order then the coupe is still prize #5 either way so obviously you need to work on your math skills there.

For starters...there are 14 levels/goals, so I think you need to work on your mathematical skills.

Second, why would they roll out prizes that are not working (for some of us). It's obviously a mistake on their part, they already admitted so when the same thing happened in MW, so of course anyone who already have the unit have the right to be pissed off.

K-Dawg
06-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Second, why would they roll out prizes that are not working (for some of us). It's obviously a mistake on their part, they already admitted so when the same thing happened in MW, so of course anyone who already have the unit have the right to be pissed off.

They got the coupe way before anyone else and were able to use it's modifier for months before anyone else could, some would say that in itself is worth the gold spent so no they don't have a right to be mad.

kuksluk
06-29-2013, 08:01 AM
They got the coupe way before anyone else and were able to use it's modifier for months before anyone else could, some would say that in itself is worth the gold spent so no they don't have a right to be mad.

^^That's a ridiculous thing to say.

I'm not complaining that others get a chance to grab a good unit. The problem is that the unit is useless for us who already got it and if Gree knew how to quality check their product they would have made a completely new item that works for everyone. They already made this mistake once before!

K-Dawg
06-29-2013, 08:07 AM
^^That's a ridiculous thing to say.

I'm not complaining that others get a chance to grab a good unit. The problem is that the unit is useless for us who already got it and if Gree knew how to quality check their product they would have made a completely new item that works for everyone. They already made this mistake once before!

It's a very easy weapon to achieve for anybody and the people who already have the modifier can get it just for stats then. Gree only gave it out to encourage people to participate in the LTB quests so they can make more money. They can't keep throwing new modifiers out like that all willy nilly because then you end up with people who have -95% upgrade cost modifiers and THEN people will start to complain about that too.

TZora
06-29-2013, 08:09 AM
No, in comically inept fashion, GREE input the prizes backwards. You get the 14th prize for 10 fights, the 13th prize for 25 fights, then the 12th, 11th, 10th, etc.
ok so when i completed the 10 fights and got a shocker, i wasn't wrong. i've already won the event, there's no need to keeping kicking butts now. the game is not loading and i can't play but that's ok, i've already won the event :)

Angel6ix6ix6
06-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Complaining because you don't have to buy your way to a top prize. So pathetic. Hope all free players and light gold users get through lvl 5 and get the car. I got mines and didn't cost me one single gold bar! Ahhhahhhaa

Lurker
06-29-2013, 09:12 AM
This post approved enthusiastically by Lurker

Complaining because you don't have to buy your way to a top prize. So pathetic. Hope all free players and light gold users get through lvl 5 and get the car.