PDA

View Full Version : Game nearly unplayable since patch.

Rawrimabear
06-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Since I downloaded the new patch the game is nearly unplayable on a first gen iPad. It crashes constantly when trying to switch maps. I can restart my iPad and be able to switch maps once, maybe twice before I have to restart again.

And yea, the trolls will say something about upgrading device. Sure, PM me and I'll let you know where you can send a newer device, thank you for your generosity.

I'm only saying.

jonny0284
06-28-2013, 07:44 PM
So you knew the answer before you posted?

Rawrimabear
06-28-2013, 07:47 PM
So you knew the answer before you posted?

Yes, hence I said "I'm only saying." Had you any reading comprehension, you'd have known that. Unless you're volunteering to rectify the situation yourself.

ELVIS2K13
06-28-2013, 07:48 PM
venting , have a six pack my du

jonny0284
06-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Yes, hence I said "I'm only saying." Had you any reading comprehension, you'd have known that. Unless you're volunteering to rectify the situation yourself.

What's reading comprehension? And since you want to get smart...

invest in a new iPad.

Rawrimabear
06-28-2013, 07:50 PM
What's reading comprehension?

Quoting for emphasis.

jonny0284
06-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Here's your solution:

Even Apple doesn't carry their original iPad.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad2

Rawrimabear
06-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Even Apple doesn't carry their original iPad.

And that's supposed to be a compelling argument? They discontinued the gen 3 as well. Does that mean people who have one should trash theirs?

jonny0284
06-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Or maybe a solution could be dug up through deductive thinking and this article:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57450096-37/ios-6-to-dump-support-for-original-ipad-3rd-generation-ipod-touch/

jonny0284
06-28-2013, 07:55 PM
And that's supposed to be a compelling argument? They discontinued the gen 3 as well. Does that mean people who have one should trash theirs?

Essentially, yes. I would, like, never want to be caught with something so dated. Like, totally.

Sirius
06-28-2013, 09:46 PM
From what I know that due to the active memory of older devices that these crashes tend to occur more commonly. My suggestion, please make sure you have no other apps running, try playing after a power down of your device and see if that helps.

You can also contact support and follow their crash log information.

Hope that helps!

~Sirius

Mickeytah
06-29-2013, 12:19 AM
A first generation iPad? What antique store did you get it at? haha

Unfortunately, that's just the natural order of things. As hardware companies come out with better equipment, software companies design their products to take advantage of the new capabilities leaving older devices behind to listen to their eight-tracks and reminisce about the good old days.

It sucks you're having game play issues, but GREE can't be faulted for keeping up with technology.

Also, the iPad 3 was a joke. In the iPad family, it's the weird cousin no one likes to be around, but you still have to invite over for family reunions if you don't want to get yelled at by your aunt.

Schar
06-29-2013, 06:39 AM
I've still got a one and it works, well enough. Yeah a few crashes here and there but nothing completely unplayable (unlike some other Tap Joy games...)

If it gets super bad, I drop everything from active memory (double click the close button until the "task bar" comes up, hold each icon until you get a red (-) sign and ditch the lot) and then do a hard reboot (hold down power and close for 10ish seconds).

On reboot it takes a while to spool up but things are much betterer.

Alternatively uninstall and reinstall the game. I have had to also do that a few times.

Still, good for a b-device.

Greybeard
06-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Also, the iPad 3 was a joke. In the iPad family, it's the weird cousin no one likes to be around, but you still have to invite over for family reunions if you don't want to get yelled at by your aunt.

What exactly do you mean about the iPad 3? Mine is working perfectly along with my iPod, iPad mini and my iPone 5. You aren't a closet apple hater, are you?

jonny0284
06-29-2013, 07:17 AM
The iPad 3 was discontinued because of its own minor flaws. It also was a direct competitor with its own successor in that they both offered Retina displays.

So, the solution was to let go of iPad 1. Ancient.
Keep iPad 2 as the bargain deal full size tablet.
Discontinue iPad 3 for reasons stated above.
Keep iPad 4 as the primo unit.

Release iPad mini as some sort of gimmicky waste of money.

:)

And, Mickey is faaaaaaar from an Apple hater.

Mickeytah
06-29-2013, 08:50 AM
What exactly do you mean about the iPad 3? Mine is working perfectly along with my iPod, iPad mini and my iPone 5. You aren't a closet apple hater, are you?

Yours may be working fine, but overall iPad 3s gave Apple more problems than any other version. Why do you think the iPad 4 and mini came out so fast afterwards?

Julius Wheezer
06-29-2013, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=Rawrimabear;842465]Since I downloaded the new patch the game is nearly unplayable on a first gen iPad. It crashes constantly when trying to switch maps. I can restart my iPad and be able to switch maps once, maybe twice before I have to restart again.

It's not the ipad, it's the way it's kept. I have a first gen and play KA and Modern War with no problems whatsoever.
Try doing some housekeeping.

Greybeard
06-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Yours may be working fine, but overall iPad 3s gave Apple more problems than any other version. Why do you think the iPad 4 and mini came out so fast afterwards?

I guess, since my iPad 3 was having no problems, I just saw it as some kind of apple churn, just to make more butter. :p

Edit: What were some of the known issues it had anyways? I don't remember reading anything about it.

Zesder
06-29-2013, 09:51 AM
iPad 1: I have
iPad 2: not worth an upgrade.
iPad 3: discontinued
iPad 4: a complete f up in aus
iPad mini: not a real iPad

I need a real reason to upgrade

Shinazueli
06-29-2013, 12:14 PM
iPad 1: I have
iPad 2: not worth an upgrade.
iPad 3: discontinued
iPad 4: a complete f up in aus
iPad mini: not a real iPad

I need a real reason to upgrade

1) Being able to play KA without crashes
2)....
3) Do you need more?

Sim
06-30-2013, 03:24 PM
I run iPad 1 and have the same problems. As Sirius says its memory capacity issues. Close all apps (double tap home button and close everything), restart and all should be OK. Everytime it happens repeat. Feel free to ask if I have not been clear.