PDA

View Full Version : Street Brawl Tournament: Coupe mod doesnt stack if you have the coupe from before

Deuces914135880
06-28-2013, 05:57 PM
By the reports of several of the players registered on the forum its clear that the modifier from the Executive Coupe does not stack if you already have the Executive Coupe from the collect 10-event. You will get the stats and the vehicle but the mod doesnt work.
however it DOES stack if you have the evidence burner.

Gree... surely this is a f.. ehm.. mixup? you can call be a crybaby all your want but its hardly fair that many of us (myself included) spent a lot of gold the first time around on getting the Coupe and Im not complaining that your mistake with the street brawl is giving it out for free but if its stackable for the players who have the evidence burner then obviously is should be stackable with the coupe as well! Please fix this...

It would have been equally unfair the other way around. also if you managed to release this PVP correctly I would be equally disappointed if I used gold to get the coupe at the later level and then figure out that it doesnt stack!

Mods have stacked before and people are spending gold based on the history that they stack and expect this to be so, dont go changing the rules in the middle of people goldspending! bad style.

edit: its actually expected and wanted that you will write a reply here and adress the issue, even though if you have no intention of correcting it so its stackable.. I for one would like to know if its an error or if you dont care

Assault and Flattery
06-28-2013, 06:10 PM
This item can't stack with itself. Sorry guys.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
06-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Anything is possible A&F. To my knowledge, this is the first time you've re-used items with bonuses. Talk with your people, maybe they didn't realize the implications. A couple lines of code is all it would be.

These are two separate items, remember! they just happen to have the same characteristics and name.

BigMoney
06-28-2013, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't have spent a vault on an item with a modifier in a Collect-10 if I knew it would be available for free to everyone just a few months later. I wish I could trade one of my Executive Coupes for an Evidence Burner, or some other item.

Deuces914135880
06-28-2013, 06:27 PM
well... First of all thank you for your swift reply, I appreciate that.
Second, Im not gonna be one of those wrahh wraah Im not spending a dime more on this game type of guys.. but you know things like this is really a punch in your costumers face, cant you guys see that?
I know you read the forum and you have seen the responses people have, people feel cheated. and although its not enough to make me ragequit and delete my game its stuff like this that makes a lot of people do.. this may be the drop that makes the glass flow over for some, or it will be a factor when you mess up again in the future and the glass flows over then. Like I said this is really bad style on your part and Im deeply dissapointed! if you thought about this stackable/non-stackable issue before realeasing the event you would have known people would get disappointed and thought its unfair so you should have just renamed the loot item Executive Coup 2 or something like that so it was 2 different items, like the evidence burner together with the coupe. Like ****trickle pointed out its an easy fix for you, you just chose not to do it for some reason.

Shame on you.

Deuces914135880
06-28-2013, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't have spent a vault on an item with a modifier in a Collect-10 if I knew it would be available for free to everyone just a few months later. I wish I could trade one of my Executive Coupes for an Evidence Burner, or some other item.

me 2! I feel hustled!

Tony 432847666
06-28-2013, 06:29 PM
I second that ****trickle, it's easier just say no then fix your mistake. :)

BigMoney
06-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Or forget trying to trade Executive Coupes for the Evidence Burner or anything like that. How much effort would it have taken GREE to just have created a new item, with everything else the same? They recycle item pictures all the time, that's nothing new. I have a "Thunder Cycle" and a "Thunder Cycle 2" from one of the LTQ events, which have identical stats by the way. "Executive Coupe 2" would be kind of a lame name for an item, but perhaps then I'd get the item bonus?

Edit: as long as I'm thinking about it, I'm disappointed in the M32 Thumper as a syndicate PvP prize as well.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
06-28-2013, 06:31 PM
I spent over a vault on mine... It's my most prized item. Surely Gree realizes these are the most coveted modifiers in the game.

A trade would seem reasonable (unless of course you already have all the upgrade cost modifiers..)

BigMoney-- just put it in roman numerals: "Executive Coupe II" ..now it's classy.

Deuces914135880
06-28-2013, 06:34 PM
you should at least be open for people being able to send in a ticket requesting the coupe to be traded for the evidence burner! then it would be fair for everyone!

Tony 432847666
06-28-2013, 06:39 PM
It took him/her only 27 mins to reply with a no, which is the simplest answer in the whole world. Lets see if s/he is going to reply this time, and how long would it take.

Edit, it was 23mins :)

Steve0
06-28-2013, 06:47 PM
They could of chosen any other item besides the coupe or anything with out a modifier, if thats the case then the thumper will not stack also, another bait and switch. GREE I am Giving you TH3 F1NG3R.

MattThomas08
06-28-2013, 06:49 PM
you should at least be open for people being able to send in a ticket requesting the coupe to be traded for the evidence burner! then it would be fair for everyone!

It wouldn't be fair to people who already have and paid for both.

Electrify
06-28-2013, 06:51 PM
you shoulda known gree was gona screw everyone over

marky11
06-28-2013, 06:52 PM
I've actually just joined this forum just to post on this topic.
I've been one of those players that have never really had any problems that people on the forum come across, until now. This is extremely unfair I also spent gold to get the coupe the first time as I really wanted the item. Now a couple of months later you pull a stunt like this and stop people from getting both rewards, really disapointed. You guys could easily resolve this issue and put something right for a change. I will know from how you resolve this matter as to how you really want your customers to be treated.

BigMoney
06-28-2013, 06:55 PM

True. They should have just created a new item-- as I said before, I have a "Thunder Cycle" and a "Thunder Cycle2" from the LTQ events that have identical pictures and stats. Why can't they have just created a new item, e.g. "Executive Coupe2" so that the bonuses could stack? I have at least 50% of the items being offered in the Syndicate Showdown/Street Brawl Tournament, and I'm sure you/others have even more as well. Some of those items were expensive the first time around-- The Executive Coupe, the M-32 Thumper, the Shrapnel Shell, etc.

Although to address your "it wouldn't be fair to people who already have both," please note that is a strictly smaller subset of the people who own the Executive Coupe. I think it should have just been a new item, but I'm just being pedantic.

Deuces914135880
06-28-2013, 06:58 PM
ah yes true.. didnt think of that..
well the best scenario would be if gree thought things true and didnt reuse items to save time, they should have just duplicated the item and renamed it. so instead of switching it for the evidence burner when people send a ticket they should create a new item called

Gree's failure mobile - 30% discount modifier STACKABLE!

and then take away the complaining peoples coupe and give them this instead wich would be stackable. easy fix.. timeconsuming on their part to clean up YES but maybe they should have thought of that before, then it wouldnt be a problem.

Gree, you keep punishing you costumers for your own mistakes? its like you dont even care why you have a bad costumer rep

OffensivelyNamedGuy
06-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Fairest thing to do is just fix the code. The attack/def values on both coupes stack, why should modifiers be any different?

Such a low blow.. Not only do you give out one of the game's best modifiers for free, but you, at the same time, nullify its relative usefulness for those who already sacrificed to get it! It's hard enough dealing with inflation, let alone this sort of thing..

PawnXIIX
06-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Would you guys stop freaking out? I can tell you guys that in the game code has it written out so modifiers from the same item don't stack. They honestly made it so that people cannot just simply stack up 500 of the same modifier and break the game. This was a simple oversight and they'll get around to it.

They're not trying to give anybody a low blow, it was purposely made like that because they never intended at that time to let people have 2 of the exact same items.

Please...relax...

jakeleo90
06-28-2013, 07:14 PM
In hindsight having the effect stack would be a terrible idea. While it may be unfair that some players are now getting the item for free, having an upgrade cost modifier that high would just be plain unfair. A select few, if they had two 30% upgrade bonuses, plus the #3 prize for the upcoming syndicate war, PLUS the evidence destroyer, would literally be able to upgrade buildings for free. At least that's how I think the game's code works.

LucaLuca
06-28-2013, 07:19 PM
This is a HUGE issue. Like others on here, I spent almost two vaults to get the first coupe and gain a gamechanging advantage over the majority of players. Now this event totally leveled the playing field. GREE, this is a major problem and a fair solution should be developed soon. Please do not just sweep it under the carpet.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
06-28-2013, 07:22 PM
This was a simple oversight and they'll get around to it.

Thing is, that's the exact opposite of what A&F said. Hence the freak out. If he'd have said what you said, everyone would be cool as ice.

PawnXIIX
06-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Okay, then have at it. All I'm now going to say is that you can rant and rave all you want and it's not going to change anything then.

Look at the bigger issues that have been contested before this one, it's not going to change :(

I didn't think there was any moderator input on this issue yet, so.... touche.

Steve0
06-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Gree got lazy recycling old items.

Deuces914135880
06-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Okay, then have at it. All I'm now going to say is that you can rant and rave all you want and it's not going to change anything then.

Look at the bigger issues that have been contested before this one, it's not going to change :(

I didn't think there was any moderator input on this issue yet, so.... touche.

maybe you should read the whole thread before responding then

Electrify
06-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Gree doesnt care its a waste of time to try

PawnXIIX
06-28-2013, 07:47 PM
maybe you should read the whole thread before responding then

This is the first time in a long time I've seen a moderator post anything. Usually they just stay away from any topics regarding game issues that pertain to the players.

Deuces914135880
06-28-2013, 08:00 PM
This is the first time in a long time I've seen a moderator post anything. Usually they just stay away from any topics regarding game issues that pertain to the players.

apparently you dont read other thread through either, I have seen them reply a bunch of times. and I have gotten replies here on the forum to my posts several times within a short period of time.

MattThomas08
06-28-2013, 08:05 PM
In hindsight having the effect stack would be a terrible idea. While it may be unfair that some players are now getting the item for free, having an upgrade cost modifier that high would just be plain unfair. A select few, if they had two 30% upgrade bonuses, plus the #3 prize for the upcoming syndicate war, PLUS the evidence destroyer, would literally be able to upgrade buildings for free. At least that's how I think the game's code works.

The bonus stacking is multiplicative not additive. In other words, two 30% reductions equals 51%, not 60%. Nobody would ever get building upgrades for free.

MoarKrabs
06-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Gree got lazy recycling old items.

Not a surprise considering most of the LTQ items were ones that could only be acquired with gold back then.

The Billionaire
06-28-2013, 08:14 PM
This does take the mickey Gree!

Its not fair on all those players who spent a lot of gold to get that item during the collect 10 event. Now everyone has it for free.

To rectify your mistake you should replace everyone's second coupe with a directors coupe so that the modifier can be used.

Thanks!

BigMoney
06-28-2013, 08:31 PM
This does take the mickey Gree!

Its not fair on all those players who spent a lot of gold to get that item during the collect 10 event. Now everyone has it for free.

To rectify your mistake you should replace everyone's second coupe with a directors coupe so that the modifier can be used.

Thanks!

Agreed. Recycling these items like this is such poor form.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
06-28-2013, 08:45 PM
I don't know what to do... It'll cost me roughly 1800 XP to get this second coupe. Do I go for it and hope they fix it or hang back and potentially miss out on reparations...

Big O
06-28-2013, 08:58 PM
I don't know what to do... It'll cost me roughly 1800 XP to get this second coupe. Do I go for it and hope they fix it or hang back and potentially miss out on reparations...I would get it. The stats are decent, and if they ever do fix it, and you didn't get it, you will regret it. I have both of them. Let's hope they fix it.

Chica
06-28-2013, 09:11 PM
From the sounds of one of the admins it will not be fixed but still worth getting for 2 reasons, very slim chance it will be fixed and decent stats the Prize after that is in the 600 so half the attack so unless you are not worried about leveling you can continue if you are stop after that IMHO.

zwiswoo
06-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Yea this is quite disappointing. I used more than a vault on getting this coupe when it came out. It's one of the most useful modifiers in the game, and now suddenly they make the modifier available like this so easily. And that *provided* they didn't try hard like idiots to get it before, as if to add insult to injury.

What's worse is it also happens during an event where they botch up the prize order(*), so everyone can in fact get this prize for free, and extremely easily.

(*)To the people who're happy about this order botching itself, remember The Incredibles. Everyone getting an item is more or less the same as no-one getting it. For practical purposes Gree basically just canceled one of its events this week.

BigMoney
06-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Man, I wish there was a way of testing these events before they put them out there. It really seems like GREE could benefit from some sort of "beta test."

Evil Mastermind
06-28-2013, 09:28 PM
The same issue happened in the first LTQs in MW. Units with modifiers were reused from old collect 10s and people ended up with multiple units that don't stack. Gree will not make them stack on themselves as that would give those h-word people the ability to h*ck those units and have unlimited bonuses. Which if they would do something about the security of the game then that would be a non-issue. But they would rather band-aid things rather than correct the root causes of these type problems.

Gree ended up awarding people who submitted tickets with 300 gold (not nearly enough compensation) for the trouble. The issue here, just like in MW, is that the programmer didn't do his/her homework and see that the unit had a modifier. I can guarantee this unit was not supposed to be in this event had someone seen it had a modifier. People are talking about creating a new unit. Well if they had created a new unit for the event it wouldn't have had the modifier for sure. Future LTQs will never have units with modifiers. So for those that got it and didn't have it before...congrats. For those that spent gold on the collect 10 to get it, you got Greed by Gree.

lordsagacity
06-29-2013, 12:05 AM
This item can't stack with itself. Sorry guys.

Some guys paid $80(1 vault of gold) to hear your "sorry"? I would be pretty rich to run business in that way.
I would say everyone who has two executive coupes start a petition. Ask for a second upgrade modifier or refund, or else quit spending gold until this issue is resolved.

BigMoney
06-29-2013, 12:23 AM
Some guys paid $80(1 vault of gold) to hear your "sorry"? I would be pretty rich to run business in that way.
I would say everyone who has two executive coupes start a petition. Ask for a second upgrade modifier or refund, or else quit spending gold until this issue is resolved.

I like playing CC. I want to spend money on your game, GREE, I really do. But you make it hard to do when you give the metaphorical finger to gold users by doing things like this, mounting only more and more reasons not to spend on gold. I already anticipate problems with receiving my gold bonus next month, because that just seems to be the way GREE operates.

Chica
06-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Some paid more.

t12pm
06-29-2013, 01:23 AM
The level 9 elite prize is the same it don't stack with itself either don't know if it was posted but know some guys had this also

BigMoney
06-29-2013, 03:30 AM
If you dispute a transaction, that gold will be gone in minutes. It's pretty much the only way to guarantee a swift response by GREE. I don't know what happens if you dispute a transaction if you don't have any gold though, I've never tried.

wa7sh
06-29-2013, 04:17 AM
guys so many threads about this.
1) you dont need to spend a vault on the collect 10. most players get it using cash.
2) you chose your path you got your result.
3) complain, complain, complain its not your game it's GREES. there a multi-millionaire they wont give a tiny rats a$$ if 'a gold player leaves'. you're not there money maker.

^^reality check^^

punawa
06-29-2013, 04:19 AM
well said!

BigMoney
06-29-2013, 04:20 AM
1) you dont need to spend a vault on the collect 10. most players get it using cash.
3) complain, complain, complain its not your game it's GREES. there a multi-millionaire they wont give a tiny rats a$$ if 'a gold player leaves'. you're not there money maker.

^^reality check^^

You're talking about the new/recent Collect-10s. Unless you were really lucky, you almost certainly had to spend gold on at least the 10th open for the old Collect-10s (Executive Coupe, Blarney Keg Tap, etc., work your way back). Some people might have gotten it in 200 gold, and some people could drop 3+ vaults and still not get it.

wa7sh
06-29-2013, 04:21 AM
well said!.....
Thanks.

Deuces914135880
06-29-2013, 05:09 AM

^^reality check^^

before they changed the odds its highly unlikely that you would get it by not using gold. you dont think players tried to cash hit it all the way to get the coupe? they used gold in the end to ensure it, it was needed.
also no one has said they think gree cares if A gold player leaves. no one thinks that. ONE gold player is a drop in the ocean. but in case you havent watched the forums lately people are getting pissed off left and riht and gree keeps messing things up. people are quitting all over, gold players are quitting all over. they are wearing users out burning them out with the events combined with cheating people with their gold usage in the game, people are bound to leave. what I said in this post was that I am not gonna complain and talk about ragequitting cause I dont matter. but this is the sort of thing that makes the water run over from the glass of piss peing poured.. people have different tolerance bars, but continuing to do stuff likes this makes sure that peoples patience will run out and people will quit,

Benson
06-29-2013, 05:45 AM
So Ive read through the thread and I'd like to raise a few issues:L

1. He said that "This item can't stack with itself" - why not? The M-32 thumper obviously will stack with itself for the people in the top 25 who win it (or will it) so why cant this coupe? (I also have the Thumper)

2. What if gree didn't stuff up this event and I did make it to 10/14 using gold, just to find everyone who didn't win the coupe in the 10 case event (yes, i did spend money on it to get the coupe) now has this modifier and It didn't stack for me due to grees incompetency.

3. I have sent in a ticket regarding this issue so i will be immensely frustrated if I get any reply other than we will fix this issue and your discount will now stack.

BigMoney, i agree, they are making it really hard for people like me to stick around, and ive been playing this game for over 2.5 years and spent my fair share of money on it, but its things like this that make me second guess my loyalty to this game...

Antheus
06-29-2013, 05:47 AM
Its a good idea, I could even bring my whole syndicate into a gold boycott over it.. however the CC players doesnt organize well with others here, we have seen that before.

What I will do though:

Gree, if you do not fix this issue. the next time you will have an 30% discount item in an event or a 30% time redux for that matter since I consider those equal, I will buy a vault of gold and make sure I get it, seconds after I will contact my credit card company and dispute the transaction. if you dont like it let me know and I will send you a mail saying: Sorry, you wont get your money.
If you decide to ban or delete me over this then thats ok, I will take it as a sign from above that I need to spend my money on other things. I refuse to let yourself take advantage of me and other players shouldnt either. apparently the only way to get you to do what you should is to hit you where it hurts, in the wallet.

If you do that ...you better delete your posts here.

Electrify
06-29-2013, 06:14 AM
If you do that ...you better delete your posts here.

Lol self incriminating much?

Euchred
06-29-2013, 06:25 AM
1. He said that "This item can't stack with itself" - why not? The M-32 thumper obviously will stack with itself for the people in the top 25 who win it (or will it) so why cant this coupe? (I also have the Thumper)

The thumper won't stack with itself either, for the same reason the coupe doesn't. Isn't that obvious?

Dipstik
06-29-2013, 06:27 AM
I dont know how american credit card companies work but it seems you are getting worse service over there... In norway however I can buy a vault of gold, use it and call my CC company after its used and tell them I didnt get what I payed for and refuse payment. My money will be instantly refunded on my account and my CC company will contact the store with a complaint.

Yeah this would be fraud in the us, and its probably fraud in Norway.

StefvdS
06-29-2013, 06:36 AM
Can anyone help me out.

The brawl event does not show up in my goal list

I am lvl 8. Tried to reinstall but didnt help..

My dataset tella me its 100..should be 370??

Im on a galaxy tab device.

Thanks greetz

Benson
06-29-2013, 06:38 AM
The thumper won't stack with itself either, for the same reason the coupe doesn't. Isn't that obvious? And thats the point im trying to make, that the people in top 25 with the M-32 thumper already wont get the 40% increase in respect that comes with the second M-32 thumper. So what are gree going to do to fix this issue?

Dipstik
06-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Probably nothing. Deal with it.

Nugget
06-29-2013, 07:02 AM
I don't see why this is a big surprise to everyone. By now you should realize how many things just get changed in this game so frequently. I cant even believe people still spend gold. Two years ago you could buy a gold item for 800 gold and get a few hundred stats. That item would be useless now. Something will always be introduced that makes everything you previously did useless. Just the way the game is now.

kuksluk
06-29-2013, 07:03 AM
This already happened in MW with the Falcon Supersonic and Deadly Bridge Jumper units, Gree admitted the mistake and (supposedly) credited affected players with a minimal gold "refund".
How on earth is it possible that you do the same mistake again? How poor are your routines??

tushy
06-29-2013, 08:25 AM
I get the first for free (only cash).
But lets count it up. Maybe in one year there is another event with 30% modifier, then u would have 90%. The next year another 30% modifier und u would 20% back or what???

So its not the problem from gree/funzio that some of u spent hundreds or thousands of dollar to get one stupid item with a modifier. Lets be honest, if u have a IPH from 1mill or above u make a minimum of 20mil a day and with that u really need a 30% modifier??

kuksluk
06-29-2013, 08:31 AM
I don't have 1M IPH, I didn't spend (hundreds of) thousands of dollars, and the boosts are not added together so that's never gonna happen. If you have 4 different 30% modifiers you'll get 75% off, simple as that!

OffensivelyNamedGuy
06-29-2013, 08:40 AM
I get the first for free (only cash).
But lets count it up. Maybe in one year there is another event with 30% modifier, then u would have 90%. The next year another 30% modifier und u would 20% back or what???

So its not the problem from gree/funzio that some of u spent hundreds or thousands of dollar to get one stupid item with a modifier. Lets be honest, if u have a IPH from 1mill or above u make a minimum of 20mil a day and with that u really need a 30% modifier??

How can you take 30% of something and there be none left?? There will always be 70% left.

And you can never have enough income.

BigMoney
06-29-2013, 08:46 AM
How can you take 30% of something and there be none left?? There will always be 70% left.

And you can never have enough income.

Because if you get the 30% off modifier four times, they add up, and GREE actually pays you 20% of the upgrade cost in what has become known as a "stimulus package." :rolleyes:

daystardawg
06-29-2013, 10:44 AM
maybe gree will get a clue and understand their mistake and NEVER duplicate a prize with a bonus in another event. its a bushleague mistake. just call the things something different and viola problem solved. :mad:

Dipstik
06-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Personally I have no problem giving people a second chance at bonus items, and I'm glad they don't stack. I predicted this would happen over a year ago. I'm just disappointed that the first collect ten I ever got for free was given out this easily to everyone. My luck in this game is the worst.

Lonestoner
06-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Don't know about you guys but I'm pretty pleased that I decided to spend money on the Evidence Blaster and not the first round of Executive Coupe.. I'd hate to be facing the same problem you guys are currently struggling with.

#smug

c00guy
06-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Why the fuss about one item not stacking when goodfella status doesn't stack on whatever bonus you chose when creating your avatar? Same difference, so why's it a surprise?
Do you even play this game?

budman68
06-29-2013, 12:03 PM
I am claiming Dipsticks place if he ever quits the game😀😀. DIBS!

Dipstik
06-29-2013, 12:05 PM
I am claiming Dipsticks place if he ever quits the game😀😀. DIBS!

My "place?"

lordsagacity
06-29-2013, 12:12 PM

^^reality check^^
1) This one was before the recent open rate change. It's pretty hard to get it using cash. I remember someone run into OT for another week to get it for free.
2) What's the point of choosing path and playing the game if rules change frequently in this way?
3) This is a reasonable complaint from customers being taken advantaged by the company. If you think customers shouldn't complain, refund them to let them shut up.

I have played the game for 1.5 years. I used to contact support whenever there's an issue, which was usually resolved satisfyingly. Gold was spent because of respect from them. With current poor support and bugs, I don't contact anymore because there won't be an answer. I'm beginning to care less and less about the game and will quit soon after using up all the remaining gold. Don't see the point of continuing this game.

lordsagacity
06-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Don't know about you guys but I'm pretty pleased that I decided to spend money on the Evidence Blaster and not the first round of Executive Coupe.. I'd hate to be facing the same problem you guys are currently struggling with.

#smug
Who knows when Gree will reward Evidence Blaster for finishing 10 robberies?

Alice
06-29-2013, 01:38 PM
sooner or later everyone will have evidence burner and striker minigun too, although I didn't spend gold on those, I don't like the way it is now, but anyway...

budman68
06-29-2013, 04:27 PM
My "place?"
Whenever someone quits you move up. So if you ever quit i called dibs on your spot in crime city lore.lol

BigMoney
06-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Why the fuss about one item not stacking when goodfella status doesn't stack on whatever bonus you chose when creating your avatar? Same difference, so why's it a surprise?

Yes, I'm just asking why it's a surprise when it's not unusual. Hence the example I cited, which is the one most players will commonly come across first. It's called applying evidence-based logic, in this case to the apparently illogical. Learn to read the question before being rude. Did you even graduate school? (Another example for you of an evidence-based question. Lol)

Because you're wrong, it does stack, and being so arrogant in your mistake makes you look foolish. It's multiplicative, so if you have +25% syndicate output bonus and +10% goodfella/tycoon bonus, that's 1.25 * 1.1 = 1.375 = +37.5% bonus to the base payout.

Euchred
06-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Because you're wrong, it does stack, and being so arrogant in your mistake makes you look foolish. It's multiplicative, so if you have +25% syndicate output bonus and +10% goodfella/tycoon bonus, that's 1.25 * 1.1 = 1.375 = +37.5% bonus to the base payout.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that either. What Gree does with +% boosts is they just put one right on top of the other. For example if you have 3 +40% respect mods it's only +120%

BigMoney
06-29-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that either. What Gree does with +% boosts is they just put one right on top of the other. For example if you have 3 +40% respect mods it's only +120%

Nope, those are two separate things. The RP/stat modifiers are additive, but not the upgrade cost/building payout/etc modifiers, which are multiplicative. Go ahead and check your building payouts with a spreadsheet, e.g.: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEHrvnoijXudHFVU2RxYUQzYXYtOURRd0d3M1hVR 2c&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=1

I have a level 1 Smokeshop, +10% Goodfella bonus, and +25% syndicate bonus. Spreadsheet says level 1 Smokeshop pays out $2200.

$2200 * 1.1 * 1.25 = $3025.

And the results are in...

http://i.imgur.com/RW1DtOg.png

I can screenshot my bonuses too if need be, but I doubt it.

Euchred
06-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Wow so FCs with the plus 30% extra are really boosted

BigMoney
06-29-2013, 07:58 PM
I was talking specifically - and only - about the bonus you start with at the beginning of the game and the goodfella bonus, so if you already have the 10% tycoon bonus when you buy the goodfella bonus, you don't get the 10% embedded within the latter added to the former. Now if I'm wrong in that, then you are perfectly welcome to call me arrogant and foolish. although i am not. However, if, as I believe and I have seen others complain, my assumption is correct, then you are the one who is arrogant for leaping down my throat. I don't deny the validity of your maths in your example but that's not the point I was making. I was not talking about cumulative effects with any other bonus. The original complaint was about like not stacking on like, hence my comparison. [sigh]

At the start of the game, you choose your class, depending on whether you'd like to have a 10% energy boost, a 10% stamina boost, or a 10% building output boost. The Goodfella "class" simply unlocks all three. I've never seen a single person purport that you would ever get +10%, +10%, and a +20%. They've changed the layout of the menu a while ago and I already have the Goodfella class, but I'm like 90% sure you can read about what it does before you purchase it for 150 gold.

Either way, it's completely irrelevant to the stacking of item bonuses, seeing as it's not even an item.

cclover
06-30-2013, 01:57 AM
this is not fair gree

Dazzanic
06-30-2013, 02:45 AM
Not often I post, and this has gone a little off script, so to bring it back on topic - gree you messed up, p*ssed off your customers and are now appearing to be disrespectful. Sort it out you greedy lot, and you may just keep a few of us pumping real cash into your balance sheet. I for one will not be spending any more real cash on these events.

kuksluk
06-30-2013, 02:49 AM
I was talking specifically - and only - about the bonus you start with at the beginning of the game and the goodfella bonus, so if you already have the 10% tycoon bonus when you buy the goodfella bonus, you don't get the 10% embedded within the latter added to the former. Now if I'm wrong in that, then you are perfectly welcome to call me arrogant and foolish. although i am not. However, if, as I believe and I have seen others complain, my assumption is correct, then you are the one who is arrogant for leaping down my throat. I don't deny the validity of your maths in your example but that's not the point I was making. I was not talking about cumulative effects with any other bonus. The original complaint was about like not stacking on like, hence my comparison. [sigh]

OMG! Get off your high horses lady... You are making a fool of yourself.

And BigMoney is absolutely right btw, no need to explain further.

wa7sh
06-30-2013, 03:22 AM
you guys seriuosly think gree is going to give you 60% off?

kuksluk
06-30-2013, 04:03 AM

Read again it's very simple math, it's not 60%. Besides some people already have more than 30%, all other bonuses stack so why would you suddenly think they meant to relase a unit that doesn't work on purpose?

BigMoney
06-30-2013, 04:32 AM

There are already at least three upgrade cost modifiers, and I think FC has a forth. There is another one as the Top 3 prize next war. The bonuses don't add, by the way, they are multiplicative-- two 30% off modifiers is 0.7 * 0.7 = 0.49 = 51% off. And for the record, there are people with over 60% off upgrade costs from so many bonuses.

Homer Jay
06-30-2013, 05:01 AM
It is not the point that you already have the modifier and cant get the second. the problem i got here is that everyone who has not the modifier yet gets at lvl 5 a modifer i dont get. so they get an unfair advantage because their prize for excactly the same is better. it is like everybody gets a car but the ones that already have a car just get a toy car...

the_brein
06-30-2013, 05:58 AM
Man I missed this thing the first time around. I'm glad I have a chance to get it now. I hope they bring back the evidence blaster too. But I can see how people would be upset. Just to note, most if not all of the prizes are repeats. Some top prizes in other events. Not just the coupe.

I'm thinking gree got lazy or was in over its head. I'm mean look how many events were going on. But usually when gree screws up big time they try to make things right by throwing free gold at us. Or maybe they'll give us a 40% sale soon. Either way, I anticipate them half-hartedly trying to make this up to you guys. Though I'll gladly partake of the freebie.

One last thought, would players have been as upset if the prizes would have been in the correct order instead of backwards?

BigMoney
06-30-2013, 06:03 AM
Man I missed this thing the first time around. I'm glad I have a chance to get it now. I hope they bring back the evidence blaster too. But I can see how people would be upset. Just to note, most if not all of the prizes are repeats. Some top prizes in other events. Not just the coupe.

The only new items are the top prizes for the Syndicate Showdown and Street Brawler goals (or the bottom prizes, in that case) as far as I can tell. GREE even trampled some fond old-timers' memories by using the Golden Defense gun in the Street Brawler goals.

the_brein
06-30-2013, 06:26 AM
Edited for stupidity. Move along. There's nothing to see here.

kuksluk
06-30-2013, 10:33 AM
One last thought, would players have been as upset if the prizes would have been in the correct order instead of backwards?

For me it's not that they screwed up the order of the prizes that's making me pissed. This was of course a mistake, but it's across the board, so no unfair advantage to certain players. But giving some players the chance at a 30% bonus and leaving others out is not fair in any way, simple as that.