PDA

View Full Version : Dead of Winter **UPDATE**

Sirius
06-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Greetings Everyone,

We apologize for the delay but everyone should be able to start the quest shortly. We have about an hour delay atm.

Appreciate everyone's patience and understanding in light of this.

Thanks!

~Sirius

***UPDATE***

The event is up! Some folks will need to restart the app a few times to make sure they have the latest data and this will also help avoid any issues popping up from not have the latest data.

Iron Maiden
06-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Thank you :)

Alexius
06-28-2013, 12:16 PM
I mean this with the utmost sincerity, thank you for taking the time to get things right before it begins. That is much better than the alternative.

phopjon
06-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Spydrax
06-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Thank You Sirius! Between inserting the war dates in-app and this, I have to give you a 5-star rating this past week! I know I'm not alone in my sincere gratitude! I'm a schedule freak and having information, dates and times makes everyone more efficient.

Greetings Everyone,

We apologize for the delay but everyone should be able to start the quest shortly. We have about an hour delay atm.

Appreciate everyone's patience and understanding in light of this.

Thanks!

~Sirius

Almost There
06-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Thank You Sirius! Between inserting the war dates in-app and this, I have to give you a 5-star rating this past week! I know I'm not alone in my sincere gratitude! I'm a schedule freak and having information, dates and times makes everyone more efficient.

Despite all the bugs and glitches lately that have both benefited and derailed my game I have to agree with this.
Now can you please add an ally list sorting system and a announcement feature for guilds?

The Good Doctor
06-28-2013, 01:00 PM
And it has been down graded to 'coming soon'. Does this mean it won't be starting soon as there may be a few more bugs to work out?

taxman
06-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Looks like it has a guild and individual component

JPNy
06-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Yes !!! Seems very interesting

phopjon
06-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks for putting this up. Quick question. Do the items you earn in the individual quest get added to your guild total if that happens before you get to that portion of the guild quest?

For example, I got some Champion Horns from the Orc guards or whatever before that part of the guild quest had started. Did those horns count in my guild's total?

Silent follower
06-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Yes it does, I started immediately, and my items were counted even if the guild quest wasn't that far yet.

TK275
06-28-2013, 01:52 PM
yes they do

jonny0284
06-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Still seeing the complaining posts. I anticipate this for the next 6 days.

Great.

KennyFPU
06-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Yes they do count torwards guild quest

Captain Stephen
06-28-2013, 03:31 PM
I really like this new style of quest, the individual and guild co-operation components are very compelling.
Although I do think that it's a pretty obvious attempt to get people spending gems on energy re-fills, but if we didn't there would be no game.
Just need to get my guild-mates pulling in the same direction now!!!

Gal
06-28-2013, 03:57 PM
2 New Tabs have been added to the LTQ Spreadsheet for the Dead of Winter event.

Coolbox
06-28-2013, 04:02 PM
And the question of which quest line to follow starts!

Thanks for letting us know!

Tigertiger55
06-28-2013, 04:20 PM
... and therefore, extra whining.
I love my desktop. And now I get to see it often and suddenly.
Event active: three hours, Crashes: 23

person123
06-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Every time I try to kill a enemy( and succeed) it doesn't count.

Sirius
06-28-2013, 04:44 PM
... and therefore, extra whining.
I love my desktop. And now I get to see it often and suddenly.
Event active: three hours, Crashes: 23

We are investigating the crash reports that some folks are having. Thanks for the report!

~Sirius

Calvarium
06-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Is there a level cutoff? My account is level 33, I have the guild quest but I cannot get the individual quest to start... ( i have tried all the usual methods (delete and reinstall, refresh, turn off device, etc.)

We are investigating the crash reports that some folks are having. Thanks for the report!

~Sirius

Wish
06-28-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm also wondering if the quest is level specific. I have a few guild members that are not seeing the quest even after re-installing the game. Thanks

Shadows
06-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Sirius posted in another thread that he thought it started around level 38...

Wish
06-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Ok thanks. Not cool but thanks :)

Shadows
06-28-2013, 07:50 PM
wish I had better news for your guild members and Calvarium...

maybe it's a map thing?

Calvarium
06-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks, I had looked through the other threads but missed that one... looks like I might be sitting this one out.

Eunuchorn
06-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Is the sword warrior only?

No rogues right? I'm warrior thank god, but guildies are asking & I wanted to know for sure.

Berneburg
06-29-2013, 03:18 AM
Is the sword warrior only?

No rogues right? I'm warrior thank god, but guildies are asking & I wanted to know for sure.

I am hoping it's like Cupid's bow and usable by all classes. Seems a little odd to have a weapon be a quest final prize but only usable by one class.

Orsmo
06-29-2013, 05:07 AM
It better be useable by all classes.

Sirius
06-29-2013, 10:18 AM
It better be useable by all classes.

The sword can be used by any class! YES!

Silent follower
06-29-2013, 12:33 PM

Great, but why are the heroic level armors on the final parts weaker than the normal level ones on the same part? Now you get on heroic Kathonic 59/118 armors for all classes, but they are never taken into use by any Heroes, as on normal you get 44/126 armors. Couldn't the Kathonic armors be increased a little to 59/128 instead? Then they would be used by heroes and would be stronger than the ones gotten on the normal mode. Just my 2 cents...

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Great, but why are the heroic level armors on the final parts weaker than the normal level ones on the same part? Now you get on heroic Kathonic 59/118 armors for all classes, but they are never taken into use by any Heroes, as on normal you get 44/126 armors. Couldn't the Kathonic armors be increased a little to 59/128 instead? Then they would be used by heroes and would be stronger than the ones gotten on the normal mode. Just my 2 cents...

this is a good point and good question to ask.

Sirius - is this an error or oversight? Can you check on it and see?

Spazzer
06-29-2013, 09:41 PM
this is a good point and good question to ask.

Sirius - is this an error or oversight? Can you check on it and see?

Yes please! Got really excited when saw this armor till realized it wasn't going to equip!

Colony Colonel
06-30-2013, 06:52 AM
@Sirius

Why do the heroic mobs stop spawning after a few kills but the normal mobs remain?

the drop rates for some of these quests are ridiculous. I have restarted many times and even uninstalled the game once which hasn't fixed it

Person
06-30-2013, 07:06 AM

this indeed. I would love to sacrifice the little defence bonus for the attack.

Belcar
06-30-2013, 10:00 AM

Because you use one when attacking (59 attack) and the other when defending (126 def) which is also the one shown on your Profile.

That's how I read the first entry in the FAQ:
https://games.gree-support.net/entries/21775040-Kingdom-Age-FAQs

duc
06-30-2013, 10:12 AM

At the current drop rate, I probably won't be any where near this new sword, so I'm wondering if there will be a lesser weapon that Rogues and Mages get like the previous 'Myrmidon Sword' error.

Shadows
06-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Now that we're talking weapons and armor, Sirius, why on heroic are the first weapons for mages and rogues lesser than the warrior's weapon--again??

Talking 43/34 v 76/94

Silent follower
06-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Because you use one when attacking (59 attack) and the other when defending (126 def) which is also the one shown on your Profile.

Thanks Belcar, I've missed (forgot?..) that chapter from the FAQ.

Silent follower
07-02-2013, 12:09 AM

Update, I got the new armor, and doesn't increase my attack. Check my reply in the Armor thread:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?59836-New-(better)-quest-armor-not-equipped/page3

So it doesn't work correctly and my original assumption of it not being used is correct.

John 3013
07-02-2013, 03:23 AM
I am seeing a number of players switching guilds so that they can earn the same prizes from the guild quest multiple times ... is this considered cheating, abusing a bug? or does Gree consider this acceptable actions?

Thanks for your response.

P4TR1C14N
07-02-2013, 03:43 AM
I am seeing a number of players switching guilds so that they can earn the same prizes from the guild quest multiple times ... is this considered cheating, abusing a bug? or does Gree consider this acceptable actions?

Is this possible? I would be surprised if you can earn the units multiple times by switching guilds. That would open a serious hole in the concept off guild quests. For me that is some kind off stat padding.

@sirius: can you answer on this....

uashsar
07-02-2013, 04:18 AM
If this is possible (hopefully not) a scenario could be that many stronger guilds temporarily has very low number of members while a lot of new guilds suddently appears. Maybe we cam make a naming scheme: <old-name>+"-for-extra-guild-prize-only", for instance one could be "FUN-for-extra-guild-prize-only"

Dirt road Joe
07-02-2013, 04:38 AM

This is not possible.... You can not receive more than one of any of the units. So even though they are switching guilds, they are not receiving more units than they should.

John 3013
07-02-2013, 05:33 AM
This is not possible.... You can not receive more than one of any of the units. So even though they are switching guilds, they are not receiving more units than they should.

At the very least the items required to complete the guild task is being carried forward. We just had someone join our guild and immediately provide us 54 items needed to complete the task. He had already completed the 15/15 task and said he was willing to help us complete level 11.

jonny0284
07-02-2013, 12:39 PM
At the very least the items required to complete the guild task is being carried forward. We just had someone join our guild and immediately provide us 54 items needed to complete the task. He had already completed the 15/15 task and said he was willing to help us complete level 11.

So, do you still consider it cheating? Or abusing a bug?

My guess is NO; now that it helps out your own situation, you won't question it.

And, in case you decide to delete your prior post. I'll quote it below.

Is this cheating?

Silent follower
07-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Update, I got the new armor, and doesn't increase my attack. Check my reply in the Armor thread:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?59836-New-(better)-quest-armor-not-equipped/page3

So it doesn't work correctly and my original assumption of it not being used is correct.

Update 2, the armor defense has been increased to 127, and now my hero is using it instead of my old Dragonscale plate. Thanks Gree for doing the update!

sousas
07-02-2013, 01:26 PM
So, do you still consider it cheating? Or abusing a bug?

My guess is NO; now that it helps out your own situation, you won't question it.

And, in case you decide to delete your prior post. I'll quote it below.

I think he was trying to clarify both questions, and avoid to be considered hacker or cheater in the future.

Still, the fact remains: it seems that is possible to end guild quest with shortcuts. And this issue is only tip of the iceberg. People can be quite creative in times of need.

Possible Solution: Stop players from joining guilds during GLTQ, while allowing expelling freeloaders.

Sirius
07-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Greetings Folks,

The rewards have been adjusted for folks as 'Silent Follower' has claimed. Feel free to spread the word as I know there were many confused on the stat difference being a bit off to where you could not use them.

As in regards to folks leaving guilds and earning multiple rewards, I have not seen a solid case of this yet. If some how there a case let us know asap.

Silent follower
07-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Greetings Folks,

The rewards have been adjusted for folks as 'Silent Follower' has claimed. Feel free to spread the word as I know there were many confused on the stat difference being a bit off to where you could not use them.

As in regards to folks leaving guilds and earning multiple rewards, I have not seen a solid case of this yet. If some how there a case let us know asap.

First, Thank you Sirius.

And, as I wrote my hero is now using it, but if you look on the other thread, I wrote that my damage has not improved even if my armor has 15 more in attack. I still do the same damage even if it should have increased with the new armor. So there is something wrong on how armor attack is taken into damage. Now I've done twice 213 damage, which just one above the minimum I saw before the Kaithen plate was equipped. The minimum should have gone up like 10 or so, if the armor attack is fully taken into use.

echus14
07-02-2013, 07:46 PM
OK, I admit that I am totally confused. So, in the end, was it possible to get multiples of the guild LTQ prizes or not?

Ratma2001
07-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Greetings Folks,

I will just say that if there is a case for this that it is Gree's thankyou gift to me for giving all the XP gained in last LTQ and changing....but i will say no its not evident that im aware of and if it was im still unaware of it....if i get double thats my GOOD luck, so i will say Thankyou...remember if it aint broke don't fix it.

Krissy
07-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Wouldn't it be immediately obvious in people's inventory. Then again we saw what happened with the 1500 domination guys. Nothing.

Tigertiger55
07-03-2013, 05:54 AM
I've finished the individual quest and my guild is currently working through 15/15. I have one Abyssal War Knight left to farm but he has no arrow (green or blue). Does anyone know if he will still drop and, if so, will it count for the guild? Also, is it likely he will respawn?

JPNy
07-03-2013, 05:57 AM
No it won't drop anything, you should concentrate on the low rate Abyssal Knights...

King Ben
07-03-2013, 06:12 AM
Tried it yesterday, it dropped despite no arrow ...

larrydavid
07-03-2013, 08:11 AM
OK, I admit that I am totally confused. So, in the end, was it possible to get multiples of the guild LTQ prizes or not?

It is simple - no.

Spydrax
07-03-2013, 05:03 PM
This has been an informative thread. Like seeing the activity from Sirius and my forums mates!

Seems it's run it's course now though, huh?

Closed?

lisawarrior
07-04-2013, 11:01 AM
The drop rates are crazy on the last level. I know it wasn't going to be easy, but for goodness sake gree had money from the most ridiculously hard hero mode, now the onus is on gem spenders to "win" the drops too?? One of my free players has hit 7 abyssal knights and not got a single drop? They don't even get guild points for trying. That starts to cause tension in guilds, because effort cannot be judged, and it looks like the same people making the effort. Where is the strategy? How can I motivate my team to kill mobs if they don't see any reward? To this end, why should I buy more gems to help if I can't see how my team are doing? The quest idea for guilds is amazing, but not everyone has a bottomless pit. Where is the balance for those guilds who have a mix of free and gem spending players? At least allow to see the effort members are putting in, then we might put more out.

jonny0284
07-04-2013, 11:20 AM
The drop rates are crazy on the last level. I know it wasn't going to be easy, but for goodness sake gree had money from the most ridiculously hard hero mode, now the onus is on gem spenders to "win" the drops too?? One of my free players has hit 7 abyssal knights and not got a single drop? They don't even get guild points for trying. That starts to cause tension in guilds, because effort cannot be judged, and it looks like the same people making the effort. Where is the strategy? How can I motivate my team to kill mobs if they don't see any reward? To this end, why should I buy more gems to help if I can't see how my team are doing? The quest idea for guilds is amazing, but not everyone has a bottomless pit. Where is the balance for those guilds who have a mix of free and gem spending players? At least allow to see the effort members are putting in, then we might put more out.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/11/110677/2437102-some+men+just+want+to+watch+the+world+burn.gif

uashsar
07-04-2013, 11:46 AM

I consider this as a new interesting challenge in the game for each of the guilds to figure out. I guess we'll see some patterns in here. Looking forward...

TTKhub
07-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Made it and got the dragon

sousas
07-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Congratulations. :)
We are now 65/90 of level 15 and we are making the last day effort to end this quest.

candii
07-04-2013, 06:00 PM
my guild just got 15/15. 14/15 was definitely the toughest. I got the last drop after about 10 duds. I'm not really thrilled that the new ranking system doesn't seem to account for kills with no drops. It seems impossible to tell if someone is trying and not getting item drops or not participating. am i missing something or does anyone have any good ideas on this?

Shinazueli
07-04-2013, 06:19 PM
my guild just got 15/15. 14/15 was definitely the toughest. I got the last drop after about 10 duds. I'm not really thrilled that the new ranking system doesn't seem to account for kills with no drops. It seems impossible to tell if someone is trying and not getting item drops or not participating. am i missing something or does anyone have any good ideas on this?

You aren't missing anything. It's the only complaint many have about the quest, other than the low drop rate. We've suggested that they track the points by kills. Whether they listen is on them.

lisawarrior
07-05-2013, 02:39 AM
One of my guild mates has a 0 point and 0 hearts on 15/15 on the guild quest. showing on the system. Have gree changed it so that we can now see who has at least had a go at the guild quest?

sousas
07-06-2013, 04:47 AM
One of my guild mates has a 0 point and 0 hearts on 15/15 on the guild quest. showing on the system. Have gree changed it so that we can now see who has at least had a go at the guild quest?

The same happened with one of ours members. Don't know what it means.

Still was a great quest.

Our Guild ended it 6 hours before time. We are now owners of a nice +1 energy minute bonus. :)

My sincere congratulations to those who pulled this out.

Hersh
07-06-2013, 11:28 AM

What I did for my guild was, if someone had low guild points, look through their inventory. There were several rewards, both units and equipment...see if they were doing the individual, instead of guild portion

Shinazueli
07-06-2013, 11:32 AM
What I did for my guild was, if someone had low guild points, look through their inventory. There were several rewards, both units and equipment...see if they were doing the individual, instead of guild portion

The iLTQ was actually more effective at getting the drops than the guild "blue" mobs were. YMMV.

Spydrax
07-06-2013, 12:29 PM
We completed the GLTQ and the other Guild LTQ that was in the background started earlier and unrelated.

I, as did some others, completed the ILTQ as well. I noticed that as I went through the ILTQ, I produced items that were necessary for the GLTQ, which was also stated in the level description of the event.

If I understand this correctly, HAD everyone gone straight after the individual, they would've amassed a large loot base of items needed for the GLTQ, thus, once that event would begin and progress through, as your loot was needed, it would be thrown into the mix.

Am I seeing this wrong?

Not everyone can/will complete the ILTQ, but the guild CAN complete the GLTQ, so the question becomes, is it a better tactic to go after the Guild or Individual first and why does it feel like the GLTQ is only going to be mastered by heavy gem purchasing rather than total group effort? Smaller level guild members tap-out after it goes so far, so it's left to the HLP to run the table, or use gems.

I thought on the whole, the event was fantastic and really gave the guild its first ability to be a team, besides war of course.

I like the pattern of events and war being one a month again, I however, still don't like the 'Box events'. This is the second one in a row that I watched the leader board be populated with a top player, (unnamed here) with 352 opened boxes and down the list it went, only to look at the leader board again later and find the whole first page of names and numbers are washed clean... This happened the last Box Event that had top honors such as this one does; why so?

Shinazueli
07-06-2013, 01:18 PM
We completed the GLTQ and the other Guild LTQ that was in the background started earlier and unrelated.

I, as did some others, completed the ILTQ as well. I noticed that as I went through the ILTQ, I produced items that were necessary for the GLTQ, which was also stated in the level description of the event.

If I understand this correctly, HAD everyone gone straight after the individual, they would've amassed a large loot base of items needed for the GLTQ, thus, once that event would begin and progress through, as your loot was needed, it would be thrown into the mix.

Am I seeing this wrong?

Not everyone can/will complete the ILTQ, but the guild CAN complete the GLTQ, so the question becomes, is it a better tactic to go after the Guild or Individual first and why does it feel like the GLTQ is only going to be mastered by heavy gem purchasing rather than total group effort? Smaller level guild members tap-out after it goes so far, so it's left to the HLP to run the table, or use gems.

I thought on the whole, the event was fantastic and really gave the guild its first ability to be a team, besides war of course.

I like the pattern of events and war being one a month again, I however, still don't like the 'Box events'. This is the second one in a row that I watched the leader board be populated with a top player, (unnamed here) with 352 opened boxes and down the list it went, only to look at the leader board again later and find the whole first page of names and numbers are washed clean... This happened the last Box Event that had top honors such as this one does; why so?

You've got the right picture. If you were lucky enough to be in a guild where there are 10+ players that finished he iLTQ, the drops just fell right into place. If, on the other hand, you are in a guild where only one or two people ever see a heroic mode then you best get your shoulder straps on, because you'll be carrying hard.

The best bet is to have everyone do as much of the iLTQ as possible for them and once they get to their individual diminishing returns on that then switch over and start banging their faces against the guild LTQ.