PDA

View Full Version : The future of MW

thundarr
06-27-2013, 07:07 AM
The future of MW will be based upon Gree adding new features and changing others. As with many things its all about reinventing yourself. Look at Blackberry they did nothing for ages and the world passed them by and now they are a mere blip in the radar. If Gree can come up with new contests that keep the loyal following (I am one) happy they will thrive, if not people will get bored and drop off. Its like some British TV shows like MI-5 (Spooks in the UK, name changed in the US for obvious reasons) they kill off the main characters and bring in new ones, kill them off, and keep 1 main character for continuity. It keeps the show fresh and interesting (not like the US where the same characters can be on for a decade). I am optimistic Gree can pull this off with some feedback from the players on here. There will always be people dropping off, life changes, wife getting on your case, work, etc. There will be new ones to replace them, after all we need someone to attack.

SGT Rud
06-27-2013, 09:57 AM
I agree. One day I figure instead of trying to finding uncollected buildings to raid, I will find it hard to find any buildings on a base. Last one standing wins.

Maybe the sheer movement will bring enjoyment once again. I would like to see lights of buildings on my base flicker, the wind farm blades turn, and smoke coming from the industrial type buildings. Put a little flash in it.

Evil Mastermind
06-27-2013, 10:03 AM
I think the writing is on the wall. It likely wont be long before all you see are tumbleweeds blowing around on the majority of the bases. The game has already peaked and will be nothing but a memory in the very near future.

Agent Orange
06-27-2013, 10:04 AM
I think those that have come to their senses and left have already won..... Last one standing might in reality be the biggest looser.

Evil Mastermind
06-27-2013, 10:08 AM
I think those that have come to their senses and left have already won..... Last one standing might in reality be the biggest looser.

Agree 100%. On a different note, Factions were the beginning and the end of it all. Yes, it breathed new life into the game for most but that is fading quickly. The constant money grab is getting old for everyone.

keeskiller
06-27-2013, 10:08 AM
oahh really great, i have a nice idea too, you say make moving things (slow phones won't be happy i think) But let's say you have a very small Wind Farm, on level 1. If you upgrade it, it will grow with you, and on level 10 you have a huge wind Farm (parc) (on the same amount of ground!)

Like?

PITA4PRES
06-27-2013, 10:19 AM
I am considering taking a break from the game and would probably only consider keeping my LE buildings in case I come back. Big issues I have are that support is non-existent and events are too frequent and not enough time between wars. I am getting burnt out, as are many others. I also got really upset after Gree refused to honor units that were accidentally gven out as prizes. Many people spent gold to get those units specifically for the rewards and only got a measly 300 back in return. I just left my faction and joined a new one and found out that one of the other members from the faction decided to sell all of his buildings and donated the money due to some of the reasons I stated.

Dj doin it
06-27-2013, 10:22 AM
The funny thing about stockholders taking over a company is this; stockholders are money hungry and want as much money as they can get, and they want it as soon as they can get it...think about Modern War before it was sold out....

I have been playing for two years...long before factions. I was hooked, immediately, because of the potential to great.

The 'suits behind the desk' tend to miss these small details. Bring back hope. Hope sells...always has..always will. :)

Al Murkya.

Captain Steelman
06-27-2013, 01:20 PM
I think the writing is on the wall. It likely wont be long before all you see are tumbleweeds blowing around on the majority of the bases. The game has already peaked and will be nothing but a memory in the very near future.

Welcome to the forum. For some reason you sound like a guy I know of.... Anyway, if you dont like the the "Money grab", change the way you play the game... In that way you will bring Justice to this game and it does no longer matter if gree acts like a Pirate...