PDA

View Full Version : LTQs have become boring?

BigD@wg
06-27-2013, 05:00 AM
So this will likely be my last LTQ. There simply isnt anything exciting about it. Do a map get a unit...do a map get some valor..repeat. FUN! (Not!) Now the first few PVE were a little exciting since Gree blundered and included boost units. LTQs with boost units would peak my interest again. If not scattered in the prize pool, why not give the final prize in normal mode and the final prize in prestige a modifier?

Yes, i know some troll will say you have a choice to participate or not. Thats not the point of the thread. Just curious if others have grown bored with the LTQs? Maybe if there were just one of these between WD events it would be better. Two is definitely too much for me.

thundarr
06-27-2013, 05:07 AM
I think the walkthroughs have taken the suspense out of and there are no surprises since you know exactly which units you will be getting. That is a good thing in a way because you can decide how far it makes sense to go. I will do the normal only this time because its not worth spending a ton of gold on Prestige. Thanks to the spreadsheets and other aids I can use my resources wisely. That being said it is much less exciting than it used to be. I remember hiding in the bathroom so I could finish the last few levels before time ran out.

thunder
06-27-2013, 06:12 AM
Pve ltq sucks. Now will love to see some more ltq pvp.

S&H Max
06-27-2013, 06:20 AM
The PVE LTQ I think are more for folks that want a quick boost of stats,

I kind of liked the little PVP LTQ during the faction vs faction, gave you the possibility to play 2 different event at once!

I just think now they need to put some little twist in this LTQ to try to change them, it become boring cause the PVE LTQ as been the same the last 6times...

I would love to see some hybrid/variation

lvl 1 collect 10k BP
lvl 2 Win 50 consecutive figth
lvl 3 Raid 75 defensive buildings
lvl 4 kill man X in map Y
lvl 5 beat your boss tier at level 15

they just need to stay basic enouph so you dont have to look 17H in a row to see 78 shipyard un-raided

Agent Orange
06-27-2013, 06:31 AM
I think I'm at the point where these games have run their course. It's the same thing in all of the. You attack me, I attack you and for what, the rich get stronger the poor get weaker and there is no strategy to any of it.

Boost units would be nice, if they worked er stacked.

Chikin
06-27-2013, 06:41 AM
I will not do any more LTQ period. Seems that this game is fun. But with all of the money spent.
Well it won't matter once I quit playing.

I paid to get stats up with LTQ mission. And we'll now I'm not attacked all that much because my stats are above others.
But it's just getting old and well I'm tired of this game.

I see why people complain and I have a few times myself. But it's only because the real money I bought will all be for nothing in the end!

It's coming time to quit. But it's not today. I will say the next 2 months if it does stay the same.

It's GAME OVER. Sell base and donate to my faction.

BigD@wg
06-27-2013, 06:48 AM
The main problem as i see it is there is no random factor. For me the collect 10 events are still fun because it is a game of chance. The boss events also contain the element of chance with a rare, uncommon, or common loot drops.

The LTQs and leaderboard events have no element of chance. It is simply how much gold are you willing to spend to go the distance in the LTQ or how much money you are willing to spend to stay atop the leaderboard.

Silly.

Thief
06-27-2013, 07:26 AM
To date the PVP LTQ was the most fun. It was soo hard finding targets to raid and my losses were through the roof....but that still goes down as having the most fun i've ever had in this game.

WD events place 2nd for me (although talk about gold dependent)

Boss events place 3rd for me (This was the first event i enjoyed and will always have a special place in my heart)

10-Crate Events place 4th...very little chance for a light gold spender..but there is a chance. The fact that you can spend a vault and not get it is the part i don't like.

Tournament of Factions (battle points) places 5th...it has some fun elements but your rivals list can completely screw you

LTQ PVE Places 6th...tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap (perhaps they should make the loot random like they do in the boss but you could make it tiered) Also bring back Bonus units. They are something exciting.

Auction events....Well what can you say about these...i just don't enjoy them.

JohnnyR
06-27-2013, 08:19 AM
The main problem as i see it is there is no random factor. For me the collect 10 events are still fun because it is a game of chance. The boss events also contain the element of chance with a rare, uncommon, or common loot drops.

The LTQs and leaderboard events have no element of chance. It is simply how much gold are you willing to spend to go the distance in the LTQ or how much money you are willing to spend to stay atop the leaderboard.

Silly.

I agree, besides the randomness being missing, there is also a lack of strategy. We now have a giant platform to conduct team events however, and the randomness of drops can be incorporated into a collect everything sort of egg hunt for a huge PVE LTQ. Imagine if we didn't know where certain items would drop and had to work together to scour the maps? One player or even five players would have a hard time finding everything, but a team effort might make it possible. Collect 1000 Pieces of Spyplane Wreckage, special bonus if you find the blackbox, pilot, and camera!

Captain B
06-27-2013, 08:27 AM
PVE was my favourite, I played for the boost units and stat increase was a nice by product. I like we have new challenge but make normal achievable for those of us who can't play on mobiles.
Prestige should continue to be the premium part if this event.
Love
The faction battle, great fun, shorter time frame was good. Be nice to play this along side other events.rewards should mess with my hard earned stats though.
Getting bored with
Box events, I'm tired of setting the timer for a concrete block on that last level (particularly if I've spent gold)
Boss events, never ending, no boosts and tired of missing that last bit of energy to get the decent units (& yes I do use a timer), accept I may not have the strategy quite right yet.
WD events - Too long, one may be two days in length. Run once a month as my family will soon divorce me and my team are burning out. Used to be fun but now down to how seriously you spend gold. Our team intends playing every other WD event rather than all of them through the summer.
Really suggest you create a WD event with leagues or tiers now as just the same teams in slightly different order does not motivate me or my team mates to spend a fortune for that one extra unit.
Hope the above is constructive feed back

Captain B
06-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Sorry above section on faction war was meant to say "Should not mess with my head earned stats"
My bad - Cheers

SGT Rud
06-27-2013, 08:42 AM
I like Thief's post above. I agree. I liked the PvP LTQ. It was alot of fun searching and searching to find people with those buildings to raid. Maybe if it was a PvE LTQ and a PvP LTQ, instead of just two PvE's between wars.

I like the WD event. Its my favorite, followed by the new FvF. To make the WD event move exciting, you should have two of them -
1 - A gold free event, for the capital of the country we are going for. Have it run Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Prizes awarded.
2 - The regular WD event on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
You could do this in two ways, you could have them as seperate events, or have one massive WD event, where gold is locked the first two days, then unlocked for the rest.

WD prizes could also change. Lets see, there are 4 days of WD (fri, sat, sun, mon), each day at 1200 gree time, the prizes are awarded for the current place you are in, then new prizes come out for the next day. Each day the prizes get better and better, and the last day is the prizes we normally get.

I like how the FvF is a total surprise. Just wish it was a bit shorter, such as a Saturday and Sunday. Trying to keep up with everyone, I incur huge stat drops as my units die. Its not just a little, its big numbers, like 20-30k. I'm just a little guy.

ProXR 440
06-27-2013, 10:13 AM
For someone who has beat level 1 on all of the maps they give us something to do in the game. Yes they're boring but without them I don't know what I'd do besides just camp.

keeskiller
06-27-2013, 10:38 AM
I agree, besides the randomness being missing, there is also a lack of strategy. We now have a giant platform to conduct team events however, and the randomness of drops can be incorporated into a collect everything sort of egg hunt for a huge PVE LTQ. Imagine if we didn't know where certain items would drop and had to work together to scour the maps? One player or even five players would have a hard time finding everything, but a team effort might make it possible. Collect 1000 Pieces of Spyplane Wreckage, special bonus if you find the blackbox, pilot, and camera!

yeah i understand your thought, but were do you mean (now we can simply attack and randomly we get crates) But how do you mean if you click on some place in a base or so? Or in the energy located area's?

SGT Rud
06-27-2013, 12:13 PM

This would be great, kinda like a faction based scavanger hunt through the maps or PvP.

Snipe
06-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Well isn't that why Gree is throwing in things like Tournament of Factions. They're just trying to introduce some novelty. I expect the LTQ will evolve as well. It's in everyone's interest to keep it interesting.

- Snipe