PDA

View Full Version : Recruiter's Opinion

Starling
06-26-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm the primary recruiter for iBOB. I've been doing it for us right after Greenland. It used to be fairly easy to find good quality players. Well there are still those players around but not as many as there used to be. A good six figure player that can post good solid WD Points is starting to be as hard to find as Unicorns. I totally respect many of my rivals such as Durt, Bravo, Brothers of Scotland, DU, and so on. We all have the same goals. We all operate in pretty close to the same fashion. That's why we bump each others threads sometimes. All good factions with good players. But......

There is an ominous trend. We're seeing those great players burning out. It requires a lot of dedication and money to be up at the top. In our faction we had about 4 great friends retire from MW. They nuked their bases, donated the money to our bank and said goodbye. We are sad but we will all leave someday. But MW is an endless marathon that requires new players and money and time. So when I look at the recruitment threads I see re-runs of the same stuff. Mines included in there too. It's clear the course needs to change or War of Nations will bump us to the back page. Those great players have their pick of the litter because the higher you rank, the hungrier the MW machine becomes. The main source of food is money, time, and great players. Factions are collapsing faster after each war for various reasons. But for those looking for a new faction consider what your commitment is and how long can you sustain that level of commitment. Take your time and select carefully.

And to those other factions, good luck and I will see you in Poland.

zhenyu
06-27-2013, 06:41 AM
great thought. cannot agree more.

Tito89
06-27-2013, 07:09 AM
tis sad watching greatly powerful players up and leave, i tried out war of nations and under the new scheme of things its not much different to MW, this marathon is never going to end,we will pass away and newborns will realise about online games and the cycle continues. there has and i doubt ever will, be such a game to be great for a long time (10 years is what im thinking) because people need new, because new is progress and development, and thats basically why we have jobs, earn money, play games. we want to be better than the next guy/girl, its nature, we do it, because we must.

Thief
06-27-2013, 07:15 AM
Sadly its true. Even top 10 factions are finding it difficult to fill their rosters with quality canidates.

As time progresses either factions are going to merge...or sooner or later some of them will collapse and then the remaining players will get to pick where they want to move on.

Over time fewer and fewer factions will exists

Fazhang
06-27-2013, 07:25 AM
Ironic ^^^

Thief
06-27-2013, 07:30 AM
Ironic ^^^

What makes that ironic if you don't mind me asking?

megaants
06-27-2013, 08:06 AM
shrug, i have already decided to spend all my gold and go back to doing what i prefer doing. Camping and building my IPH

Arj
06-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Not sure exactly how high your faction ranks for which your recruiting, but I am assuming its pretty high. I also agree many players will reduce/stop spending and some will quit, this isn't surprising, it was going to happen sooner or later once people realized WD events weren't going anywhere and were occurring more frequently, not to mention the amount of spending required to increase your factions spot even 5 ranks is ridiculous at the top end.

But I do think that as it gets harder to recruit for lets say a top 100 faction, top 250 factions or lower will have more players to pick from. Most likely players who still play but spend very little gold, they will also most probably have nice stats/units due to there past spending. It may just close the difference between factions, Id still assume that the top 25 or top 10 will continue to be beyond most players reach due to a small percentage of people not reducing there gold buying.

SGT Rud
06-27-2013, 08:56 AM
As a faction, we can hold 32 members, currently only filling 30. With upgrades in the future, a total of 60. Just filling 2 is hard. I have had 2 guys fold up, donate, and quit. Since Brazil, we have probably burned through at least 60-70 different players trying to find active players. We have had our share of campers come in.

Those leaving - you will be missed, and we wish you the best.

Snipe
06-27-2013, 01:08 PM
We're only top 200 and have the same issue. Good guys have mostly found good homes, or get fried and drop out. Most players moving around are far less committed. And even though game evolves, constant high level of time commitment wears people out. As much as I like that Gree is trying something new like Tournaments, it just seems like one more thing that makes it more like work....

- Snipe

HGF69
06-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Bravehearts of Scotland has become more if a family than a faction now. Close friendships have been forged and hopefully it will stay that way. I think it helps we have had the same core members since the faction was created and although some have left they have returned.

We don't put pressure on to spend gold, it's a personal choice and because there is less pressure there is less burnout but we still get a few. Not being top 10 defo means less hassle.

I think the reason why we still get strong applications is because if our reputation. We have like other reputable factions got people wanting to be a Braveheart, it's a credit to our effort and our morals.

Starling
06-27-2013, 05:05 PM
BRAVEHEARTS OF SCOTLAND! They're my brothers too!