PDA

View Full Version : How lucky am I?

Brugernavn
06-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Well, I'm actually asking. I'm lvl 66 with 127k in aa and I'm a free player. This time I won Hammer at boss number 20 and last time I won this Flynn guy at boss number 21. Is that kinda normal or is it lucky? I mean, is it meant to be difficult to win those units?

dbailey30
06-26-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm going to assign a arbitrary number value to your luck.....37

Seriously though, I received hammer after beating Boss 17 this time (Personal record), some bosses I have defeated 35 times and still not collected all 9.

sousas
06-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Well, I'm actually asking. I'm lvl 66 with 127k in aa and I'm a free player. This time I won Hammer at boss number 20 and last time I won this Flynn guy at boss number 21. Is that kinda normal or is it lucky? I mean, is it meant to be difficult to win those units?

Never won one of those units in boss LTQ.

So yes in my point of view you are very lucky.

Frostpocket
06-26-2013, 01:29 PM
I am hopeless at the boss events. Never get past 12 and can't work out why. At low levels I managed far better, but now, I've given up with this one, and only need Sylph! One day, I'm sure I'll master the knack-or buy loads of gems! 😊

Sgt Maj
06-26-2013, 02:42 PM
I received both the Beast of Pelios and Cupid's Bow as a free player, so it is possible, but I think the majority do not get these kinds of rewards.

Euchred
06-26-2013, 02:52 PM
My camper is L43 and I have Gokstad, Gorglesh, Flynn, Nymevere, Zokon and Miz'ris dragon. The only one I missed that I tried for was the proteus worm.

War Eagle
06-26-2013, 02:53 PM
I received both the Beast of Pelios and Cupid's Bow as a free player, so it is possible, but I think the majority do not get these kinds of rewards.

So true... because I have neither of these.

Sgt Maj
06-26-2013, 03:06 PM
So true... because I have neither of these.

Yeah... I my eyes popped out of my head both times I won them! It is funny, one my guild members had just posted that he won the Beast, and I posted congratulations, and then immediate took another shot and won it as well. Since then he has been the guild equivalent of our good luck charm :)

sunfire
06-27-2013, 06:01 AM

Haha I've gotten my at lvl 14 boss...it was so fast within hours and the hammer drops out ..that's didnt even know the quest was done..and I'm shocked . This was lucky for me too.

Mickeytah
06-27-2013, 08:54 AM
There is no dislike button for this thread and that makes me sad.

Zenobia
06-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Lady Luck drops by for a bit, then leaves without notice in my game. I missed this one, even after going farther than I ever have in a boss event - through Box 45. I'm sad about it, especially with those incredible stats. I also missed The Bow Which Shall Not Be Named. But I HAVE gotten some boss prizes so I really can't complain too much. I have Flynn McFoley, Nymevere and the Warrior Priestess. I'd rather have the bow with its bonus, and Hammer with stats that are 3x those of the stupid priestess, but hey, at least I got a few.

Colony Colonel
06-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Lady Luck drops by for a bit, then leaves without notice in my game. I missed this one, even after going farther than I ever have in a boss event - through Box 45. I'm sad about it, especially with those incredible stats. I also missed The Bow Which Shall Not Be Named. But I HAVE gotten some boss prizes so I really can't complain too much. I have Flynn McFoley, Nymevere and the Warrior Priestess. I'd rather have the bow with its bonus, and Hammer with stats that are 3x those of the stupid priestess, but hey, at least I got a few.

I didnt even bother going past free hits on the warrior priestess, what a pathetic unit that was!

how many bosses have you killed to try and get hammer?

Zenobia
06-27-2013, 02:33 PM
I didnt even bother going past free hits on the warrior priestess, what a pathetic unit that was!

how many bosses have you killed to try and get hammer?

I gave up after Boss 45. Bosses 35-45 required gems, which I am usually loathe to spend on boss events but in this case a) the unit would have been worth it, had my efforts actually paid off and b) it got me to the second tier of the Spend More Get More promotion - which was a sure thing. Were only a) OR b) the case, I would not have gone past Boss 40 if that.

It's always the bosses that everyone REALLY wants that I can't get. Ah well. I generally have better luck on the box events.

Colony Colonel
06-27-2013, 02:37 PM
I gave up after Boss 45. Bosses 35-45 required gems, which I am usually loathe to spend on boss events but in this case a) the unit would have been worth it, had my efforts actually paid off and b) it got me to the second tier of the Spend More Get More promotion - which was a sure thing. Were only a) OR b) the case, I would not have gone past Boss 40 if that.

It's always the bosses that everyone REALLY wants that I can't get. Ah well. I generally have better luck on the box events.

you may aswell push on to get Gabriel and with the chance of getting hammer too could be a small price to pay for 20/20k stats!

Zenobia
06-27-2013, 03:27 PM
you may aswell push on to get Gabriel and with the chance of getting hammer too could be a small price to pay for 20/20k stats!

Not going to buy non-sale gems to do it which I would need to do, and would not get the Use 1800 gems unit since that event is over to boot.

The unit I am missing is a Rare which means my odds at this point in the game are akin to winning the lottery. Okay, not quite that bad, but really pretty bad. Did you read that article that was posted in this forum a while ago about how Japan brought Gree to court over these types of "gambling" collecting items events? It calculated just how horrible the odds are at the end game in these things even if all the different items had equal odds. I don't care to know just how bad the odds are on a rare after 45 tries. I just know they're really, really bad.

Shinazueli
06-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Not going to buy non-sale gems to do it which I would need to do, and would not get the Use 1800 gems unit since that event is over to boot.

The unit I am missing is a Rare which means my odds at this point in the game are akin to winning the lottery. Okay, not quite that bad, but really pretty bad. Did you read that article that was posted in this forum a while ago about how Japan brought Gree to court over these types of "gambling" collecting items events? It calculated just how horrible the odds are at the end game in these things even if all the different items had equal odds. I don't care to know just how bad the odds are on a rare after 45 tries. I just know they're really, really bad.

Assuming the standard 5/3% chance per rare it's 1-((1-(5/3)/100)^5). Or 8.06% chance to get a specific rare or about 1 in 12 odds.

Sorry, had to do it. :)

WilliamO
06-28-2013, 07:44 AM
Assuming the standard 5/3% chance per rare it's 1-((1-(5/3)/100)^5). Or 8.06% chance to get a specific rare or about 1 in 12 odds.

Didn't get that :-) At all.

I always end up 8/9 in these boss events. And as for the Hero equipment, I hope I get lucky one day as well. Cupid's bow is increasing stats much faster than that lousy sword I got.

Zenobia
06-28-2013, 08:32 AM

But we don't have a clue what the odds really are on any one given unit, do we? Especially since in almost every Collect 9 Units (boss or box) event there is one particular unit that a whole lot of people never get. The odds could be 1% on those, or 0.5%. Or worse. And I saw a lot of posts by people saying Sylph was the one they were missing too. The odds could be anything on any unit, and they can change it mid-stream if they feel like it. (And the last LTQ proved that when they want to, they DO change things in the middle of an LTE.) And even if we knew for a fact it was an 8% chance, that's too small odds for me to throw 1,000 gems or whatever at (I didn't actually calculate how many gems I'd need beyond that it was more than I had on hand, and there was no sale until the boss event was over). I'd rather spend my gems on sure things, like LTQ's, and now guild LTQ's. :)

ETA: While my luck did not pan out for the 2 Boss events with prizes much, much better than the Boss prizes I did win, luck did serve me well in that, in winning Flynn McFoley + the LTQ at the time, I did get the Lucky Dragon which is pretty nice. So my luck is not all misplaced where bosses are concerned.