PDA

View Full Version : Leveling up makes any sense?

a4194394
06-26-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm a Lv62 player with 100K+ defense. Camped for a long while and after I built the nanotechs I don't feel there is any motivation to continue Lvling up.
More ally caps? I'm a free player and i know now my lowest in-fight units are about 10 A/D, then each ally adds me <40 A/D while i've 100K+ already, meaningful? Even I fight bosses to Lv100 maybe my lowest will be still about 10 A/D. what's more, after Lv100+, cap is nonsense.
Skill points? I know skill points are useful in attacking, but how many rivals u can find and attack( i.e low or average stats in your tier) then rob 200K+ the first time? Even top players many do not overvault. So my majority income is from raiding. However SP seems not in use in raids and WD, I can raid and break defense leaders at the def higher almost double than the highest def i can beat in regular rival attacks, and vice versa i get raided/defeated, despite till now I put ALL SP on defense.

So now the game still any meaning on lvling up? i don't think camping now is for prevent meeting strong rivals but it is totally meaningless...

Thief
06-26-2013, 11:32 AM
The game is structured in that XP is a BAD thing. What you have to Balance is Reward>XP

Typically the way i see it is there is no reason to accumulate XP unless there is an event and you are getting a prize to get that XP.

Boss Events, Crate Events are probably the 2 best examples as you can get VERY little XP for your returns.
WD events it depends on your faction and your requirements but the Rewards are usually better than the XP.
LTQ offer great rewards for free players but offer a ton of XP.

Jhenry02
06-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Camping was a viable strategy before world domination events and ltq's.

Now, if you don't participate you will get left behind and fast.

There are pitfalls to leveling too fast, ie a decrease in WD points which means less prizes and then being behind again.

Some of us were already 170+ when WD started and it hurts.
If I was at level 100, the only xp I'd gain would be for ltq's, bosses, and WD. I wouldn't farm units or try to acquire valor by attacking players.

-J

PoundDawg
06-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Well put JHenry
I started another account to see if my new strategy works. two weeks old now. almost 300 allies and only level 28. as soon as i'm 500 allies and level 40 I will camp a little to get my base attack/Defense units in shape about 1700 frigates and 1700 military ambulances. Hopefully i will be able to play the LTQ and other events. I know it will only be a viable account in faction in 2 mouths but i think it might save faction in PowerAttacks on DL at least $100 right away
If you want to ADD ME:283-041-618

mr_bossman
06-26-2013, 12:49 PM
I am camping myself (again) on both MW & CC - MW (74) CC (94).

Simply not doing anything but upgrades (they are gold buildings).

Gaining XP simply by spending a vault during battles is costly enough.

I feel that if I camp for the next few months and upgrade most buildings to max, then I am in good standing....

mr_bossman
06-26-2013, 12:52 PM
I was pre-staging for a bit and even that costs too much XP!