PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please :)

StefvdS
06-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi there, im a new player so this might be a stupido question.

I am level 25 with 23K attack and 27K defense. I want too play the next boss event in Tier 1.
Now I just joined a faction for the first time (top800).

Am I going to get exp in battle if players attack me and lose?

I have got 500 exp points left before I reach lvl 26.

Now my question is: Should I even participate in the battle? Is it worth more too be in tier 1 next event or are the battle rewards worth more? And is it likely I gain 500 exp in the battle? I won't attack anyone myself..

Greetz and thanks!

PITA4PRES
06-26-2013, 09:21 AM
I don't think you get XP when you lose a battle, but if someone attacks you and you win, you may get some points that way and could potentially level up depending upon how much you participate. At your level I would say that the battle rewards would be worth it to participate. Most factions will drop you if they don't see enough participation from you during the battles. LLP such as yourself can still be helpful and earn the team some points. Most factions do not want people to get a free ride and use them just for the rewards. If you really don't want to risk it, let your faction know before the war starts what your goals are so they can let you drop out on your own or kick you out beforehand. I know factions will post on member's walls if they aren't participating. Lack of participation is a good way to tick off your faction because it is possible that you may take away a spot from someone else who may have participated and been of more use to the faction.

StefvdS
06-26-2013, 09:30 AM
I don't think you get XP when you lose a battle, but if someone attacks you and you win, you may get some points that way and could potentially level up depending upon how much you participate. At your level I would say that the battle rewards would be worth it to participate. Most factions will drop you if they don't see enough participation from you during the battles. LLP such as yourself can still be helpful and earn the team some points. Most factions do not want people to get a free ride and use them just for the rewards. If you really don't want to risk it, let your faction know before the war starts what your goals are so they can let you drop out on your own or kick you out beforehand. I know factions will post on member's walls if they aren't participating. Lack of participation is a good way to tick off your faction because it is possible that you may take away a spot from someone else who may have participated and been of more use to the faction.

Thanks for the reaction. Leader has no problem, I can still do walls and PH without gaining exp.

I was just wondering if it isnt more worth to be able too beat the boss in Tier 1.

And how likely it is a player with my stats will gain 500 exp during the battle.

Web323
06-26-2013, 09:36 AM
You can gain 500XP very quickly in WD events. I would drop out of event and wait for the next boss event.

BigD@wg
06-26-2013, 09:37 AM
You get 1 XP every time someone attacks you and loses. So it isnt probable that you would get 500 defensive wins in a single war.

StefvdS
06-26-2013, 09:39 AM
HMM that are some diffrent answers for sure ;) but thanks..

S&H Max
06-26-2013, 09:45 AM
I personnaly prefer the WD prize than the boss because they have bonus, but we are not in the same situation as my level is higher so my stats...

In your position I would try to get both and would make sure that my allies count doesnt make a a target in the faction, also dont allies up cause that will make you finish some goal and than reward you with XP.

Also in case you wouldnt know the factions are lock down during event so when its started you couldnt decide to leave in the midle beacause of XP gain.

Good luck in your choice!

Thief
06-26-2013, 09:51 AM
If your only hitting walls and doing PA on the DL (assuming you still loose) then i have to agree the liklihood of you getting 500XP is slim (and the Rewards>Risk) This coming from the person who loves the boss events.

Your such a low level that its highly unlikely that you are going to be a primary target...even less likely that you will win alot of defensive battles because of your stats (they are great for your lvl..but lvl doesn't play a factor when getting matched up in WD events)

I will also say that last boss events i got reports that those who switched tiers during the event got a more difficult boss in the new tier. So even if you start in tier 1 you may quickly find yourself in tier 2 regardless of what you do (i haven't been able to confirm this with more than 1 person though).

StefvdS
06-26-2013, 10:11 AM
I personnaly prefer the WD prize than the boss because they have bonus, but we are not in the same situation as my level is higher so my stats...

In your position I would try to get both and would make sure that my allies count doesnt make a a target in the faction, also dont allies up cause that will make you finish some goal and than reward you with XP.

Also in case you wouldnt know the factions are lock down during event so when its started you couldnt decide to leave in the midle beacause of XP gain.

Good luck in your choice!

Thanks! I have got 150 allies wich kinda makes me a target however im only lvl 25.
I assume most players go for the higher lvl players?
I cant add more allies because of the goals.

Thief
06-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks! I have got 150 allies wich kinda makes me a target however im only lvl 25.
I assume most players go for the higher lvl players?
I cant add more allies because of the goals.

One strategy since you are only planning on Wall hits and PA attacks on the DL is to get rid of your Allies. Drop down to 1 Ally.

This will mean that no one will loose against you and you won't accumulate any XP. Also your low level makes you a very unattractive target once they hit you once and realize they can't score any good WD points off of you.

StefvdS
06-26-2013, 10:23 AM
If your only hitting walls and doing PA on the DL (assuming you still loose) then i have to agree the liklihood of you getting 500XP is slim (and the Rewards>Risk) This coming from the person who loves the boss events.

Your such a low level that its highly unlikely that you are going to be a primary target...even less likely that you will win alot of defensive battles because of your stats (they are great for your lvl..but lvl doesn't play a factor when getting matched up in WD events)

I will also say that last boss events i got reports that those who switched tiers during the event got a more difficult boss in the new tier. So even if you start in tier 1 you may quickly find yourself in tier 2 regardless of what you do (i haven't been able to confirm this with more than 1 person though).

Thanks alot. I will stay for the battle..if I only get 1 exp for every win.
Cant imagine i get 500 wins lol..

Ive been told if you trigger boss at lvl 25 youll stay in Tier 1.
I will let you guys know if anyone cares ;)

Thief
06-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks alot. I will stay for the battle..if I only get 1 exp for every win.
Cant imagine i get 500 wins lol..

Ive been told if you trigger boss at lvl 25 youll stay in Tier 1.
I will let you guys know if anyone cares ;)

Please do and include any information you can in the loot tracker

StefvdS
06-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Dropping allies might be good, just to make sure :)

I will definitely let you know Thief!