PDA

View Full Version : It's the end...

nickdpro99
06-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Well, tis with a heavy heart, that I have to leave this game. I'm really busy. I go to this private top school blah blah. So no more of Modern War for me. Well it was fun playing. However it is nearly impossible to carry on. With school pressure and stuff. However I would have found time. Tis with a sad heart that I realised the game has completely changed. It was fun when I was of a lower level. With stats of only 2-3k. I was always determined to catch up to the guys who I knew as 'top dogs'. I remember the first time I collected enough money for a sea scout. I bought 20 of em and my defense went right up. Oh the feeling. Then I remember having an army of GIGN. it was fun. Then the boss events. The units were pathetic, but it was fun gaining indestructibles. Even units with an attack of 50 pleased me. I remember being super happy with the daylight chaser. It was at the top. Then I remember this thing called the Transport Catamaran. Attack 61 Defence 104. I went insane with joy. A unit in the 100s!! I got addicted. Then Ca,e the faction wars. In the Brazil one, my faction was top 5000. I was literally dancing on seeing units of attack 300-500 range. I was even more eager for more fight. Mind you I was really pathetic in the beginning. I still had noob stats of 5500a/d. Then it spiraled out of control. I got too addicted. But that wasn't a problem. I am a bright student.
The continuous wars put a strain on me. Earlier GREE used to solve all my issues. But things have gotten out of hand. Even I've grown up. I have my board exams. Then I have to take my IB diploma. Then college. Then a well paying job. I don't even know if Modern War will exist then. So what I'm trying to do is share my experience with you guys.
It was simply awesome earlier, I didn't care about gold. I would be ecstatic on receiving free gold, but I never troubled my parents to waste money on this game.
What bothers me the most is how GREE changed, you guys became crude businessmen aiming for more profit through your manipulative ways. Now many more will reach their wallets to pay you. It was fun as I gained my stats, giving myself a pat on the back every time I increased my stats by a 1000.
However this value makes no change. The differences are astronomical, and free players like me have no chance of reaching insane stats of 200000+.

So what I'm trying to say is that we've had our ups and downs GREE, but thank you for making this game and I wish you all the best for your upcoming endeavors, and best of luck my fellow players, enjoy but know your limits.

Thanks for taking your time and reading this. :)

nickdpro99
06-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Also I'm not complaining. Just suggestions and my view and most importantly my experience.

whitefire
06-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Nickdpro,
First of all, congratulations on winning the game. Well done. Also, best of luck in the rest of your life. May it be riddled with companies offering good support and service....

I agree with quite a lot you said. I remember feeling quite good about myself finishing my first boss all the way, way back when a 2K unit was indeed special (what was it, 2,5-3 months ago?). What I don't get is that you consider 200K stats to be insane. Especially with the stat inflation, getting 200K stats should be no problem for decent but active free players at level 100.

Thief
06-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Nickdpro,
First of all, congratulations on winning the game. Well done. Also, best of luck in the rest of your life. May it be riddled with companies offering good support and service....

I agree with quite a lot you said. I remember feeling quite good about myself finishing my first boss all the way, way back when a 2K unit was indeed special (what was it, 2,5-3 months ago?). What I don't get is that you consider 200K stats to be insane. Especially with the stat inflation, getting 200K stats should be no problem for decent but active free players at level 100.

Yea i have to say best of luck to you but i think you left out a 0 from insane stats :D You meant to say 2,000,000 right :D

I know many free players with over 300k and some over 400k.

Jrich
06-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Yeah, Im a free player with 250k ATK. I have been accused of hacking twice. I love it.
Congrats of winning the game!

a4194394
06-26-2013, 10:29 AM
same idea. decided not to become an hourly raiding and attacking player but only collect buildings twice a day. cash and valor units are almost useless if u are the top player in ur tier.

mrskll
06-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Congrats and good luck to you! Read your post and found myself nodding my head at most of your post. GREE is
all about GREED now...everything revolves around "gold bars" and now in our faction we have had several members get booted by GREE for no reason or explanation...1 even had 700-750 gold bars that he was saving for Poland and the other day, boom..just gone from the faction and unable to log on...yes I know most of you are saying well he cheated...he did not...I've known others that did cheat and yes they eventually got banned...I guess my rant is about GREE being so greedy with no explanation, I am also quitting MW after Poland as it has just gotten ridiculus, with all the wars every 3 weeks and events and missions.....UGH!!

JohnnyR
06-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Today, we lost a commrade in war, but he has found a "better place." ;-) Congrats on winning.

Your post resonates well with me, and I'm sure with a lot of other players. Best of luck out there.

nickdpro99
06-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Nickdpro,

Yeah I actually meant 2000k, that's 2 million. I have this bad habit of using 'k' to describe anything beyond a thousand. S I just forget about using millions and billions.

ProCision
06-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Who are you?

Wai
06-27-2013, 04:56 AM
Well done Nickdpro99 on winning the game. Fantastic!

A good read. We will all be winners like you one day.

Tito89
06-27-2013, 06:59 AM
good luck to you, been a bit sad, my beloved rae monsoon (255/225) is no longer top 45 for me :(

keeskiller
06-27-2013, 10:17 AM
good luck to you, been a bit sad, my beloved rae monsoon (255/225) is no longer top 45 for me :(

yeah i remember getting that, now my lowest unit that i can see in my attack list is like 390..

jchow69
06-27-2013, 10:22 AM
My 45th unit might be the Elite Base Defense or something like that. It had like 340 or 350 attack.

Evil Mastermind
06-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Smart Individual! Good luck to you bro!

jchow69
06-27-2013, 10:35 AM
I am trying to get to a million stats going completely free, but active. It will happen, but don't know how long it will take.

Ferr
06-27-2013, 01:06 PM
I guess continue to play in a relaxed non spending way is out of the question....... Sigh, i agree it is all or nothing...

Arj
06-27-2013, 01:25 PM
I guess continue to play in a relaxed non spending way is out of the question....... Sigh, i agree it is all or nothing...

Lol i agree, Ironically Ive always played in a relaxed non spending way :D

This also allows me to stop playing for a day, week, month.....which has happened many times last 18months, never spending on it makes it so you have nothing to lose....but still are happy to have it due to the time you spent playing.

Ferr
06-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Lol i agree, Ironically Ive always played in a relaxed non spending way :D

This also allows me to stop playing for a day, week, month.....which has happened many times last 18months, never spending on it makes it so you have nothing to lose....but still are happy to have it due to the time you spent playing.

Individually no problem but within faction ...........
It seems the faction concept has clearly created peer pressure to spend........ Damn good business model.

nickdpro99
06-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Individually no problem but within faction ...........
It seems the faction concept has clearly created peer pressure to spend........ Damn good business model.

Agreed Ferr. They have made the game such that if you want to be the best, you need to spend a heck lot of time in time on the game. I may quit this war or the next war. GREE will never make me spend money on gold. I'm going to be a free player, and I'm currently trying to develop new strategies for our benefit along with Gree's benefit.

2nd Sea Raiders
06-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Sadly I will be following in your footsteps soon nickdpro99, not sure when, but probably in the next month or 2.

nickdpro99
06-28-2013, 12:56 AM
Sadly I will be following in your footsteps soon nickdpro99, not sure when, but probably in the next month or 2.

Yeah. This will most probably be my lost war. It was more fun when you didn't have to keep on playing this game for 3-4 hours a day. I used to play only 1 hour earlier. But now it's out of hand.

Thlinks
06-28-2013, 04:39 AM
Just like some people can't afford to play golf but don't want to disappoint there peers, some people can't afford this game either.. Good luck to ya

FuChungKu
06-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Nice read Nickdpro, happy memories from how it was in the early days.

I chose Russian when I started and and I would buy as many Stealth Surveillance Drones with 30k defense as I could and was almost untouchable at my low level. These and all other game cash units are now relatively worthless at the higher levels.

We were talking about our Factions first War the other day and laughing at our stats and how we came Top 250 with free players and a small few used a little gold. I think our defense leader had around 90k def and at the time we all thought it was huge. How times have changed.

Anyway Nickdpro, I'm glad you're reaching the end of the journey in Best of the Best. We decided to keep BOTB as a free/light gold player team where players can come and enjoy wars without the ever increasing financial pressures of this game. Admittedly, the divide between ourselves and players in top 250+ teams will continue to increase but we are playing at a level that is considerably more enjoyable and stress free.

Good luck to you!

keeskiller
06-28-2013, 10:11 AM
Agreed Ferr. They have made the game such that if you want to be the best, you need to spend a heck lot of time in time on the game. I may quit this war or the next war. GREE will never make me spend money on gold. I'm going to be a free player, and I'm currently trying to develop new strategies for our benefit along with Gree's benefit.

free player also, but if you happen to know the tactics please share because i am out of options xD.