PDA

View Full Version : MW on PC

Paisthecoolest
06-26-2013, 08:08 AM
Can you play modern war on your PC?

bergmystr
06-26-2013, 08:16 AM
Yup. Download a program called blue stacks and then DL modern war from the play store

nickdpro99
06-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Huh really? Is it possible?

mgriss
06-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Just a warning though, it runs stupidly slow on my macbook pro... good enough for a camper but not if you want to participate in events. My plan is to transfer it to a wifi-only android device when I want to take it active.

bergmystr
06-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Blue stacks is an android emulator that you can run on a pc or laptop. It basically acts as an android tablet where you can d/l and run android apps from your pc.

I have it setup on my work PC to mess around during the day

DavidtheBoo
06-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Lol, i run it on my computer on bluestacks smoothly.

jchow69
06-26-2013, 08:26 AM
I also play my second account on the computer.

whitefire
06-26-2013, 08:42 AM
I had some small issues setting it up so that it actually got the new datasets, but after that it runs just fine. Crashes a LOT less often than my phone, btw, and speed is just fine. I use it for my sloooow camping accounts.

Paisthecoolest
06-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Thank you

KzL
06-26-2013, 12:07 PM
My android tab was stolen a while ago..... So if i download this program is there any chance if i send a ticket to get my game bag straight on my pc?

Col C Smythe
06-26-2013, 01:07 PM
By any chance does anyone know how to upgrade MW version on BlueStacks?

The only option I can find is for an uninstall. I am sure I am missing something simple, but darned if I can figure it out.

I use IOS for main accounts. This is just for play and camping. Android baffles me sometimes.

Now MW won't load because it needs the new version.

Any help would be appreciated

DavidtheBoo
06-26-2013, 01:17 PM
By any chance does anyone know how to upgrade MW version on BlueStacks?

The only option I can find is for an uninstall. I am sure I am missing something simple, but darned if I can figure it out.

I use IOS for main accounts. This is just for play and camping. Android baffles me sometimes.

Now MW won't load because it needs the new version.

Any help would be appreciated

If you go to app search on bluestacks, you can swipe from top to bottom to open the notifications menu(just like on iOS). And there are also your updates mentioned.
I hope this Will help you

Mcdoc
06-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Isn't the whole point of MW to have something to do whilst sitting on the throne ? Playing on a Pc kinda goes against the whole point of the game - LoL

whitefire
06-26-2013, 02:23 PM
I have a very nice and light laptop, veeeeeery portable and easy to use sitting....

As to the upgrades, that was my hassle. I had to get Googlemarket on there (not standard) and that took some googling etc. After that some setting changing to ensure that mw was linked to Google, so that the updates come in regularly. MAybe it works another way too, but this works just fine for me.

bergmystr
06-27-2013, 06:57 AM
My android tab was stolen a while ago..... So if i download this program is there any chance if i send a ticket to get my game bag straight on my pc?

Couldn't hurt. You would probably need all the information from your "stolen" game. Ally number, lvl, etc...

Snibes
06-27-2013, 08:45 AM
So, I know I'm off topic here, but I don't have permissions to start a new post. Has anyone heard anything about IOS7 and MW? If we upgrade to IOS7 when it becomes available, will MW still be functional?

Agent Orange
06-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Isn't the whole point of MW to have something to do whilst sitting on the throne ? Playing on a Pc kinda goes against the whole point of the game - LoL

Two words, MacBook Air.......