PDA

View Full Version : Players moaning about being raided

Steg
06-26-2013, 12:59 AM
Ok, so I carry out quite a few raids per day, name of the game I reckon, go raid, make money, donate to faction.

Sometimes the same person appears on the list, so they get raided again.

One player decided to have a moan on my wall about it - proceeded to say he will have revenge, comes in and raids my 2 low earning buildings - armory and supply depot (I fail to see the logic of how that is revenge!)

In taking his "revenge" he has granted me a free pass to his base, so I raided him again..

In short he wished me dead, among other rants of abuse, I now raid him at every opportunity just to annoy him :)

Who has all raided the same person just for the pure amusement of it? knowing they are fuming lol.

Others had posted on his wall too, so its not just me he moans at.

I thought the fact the game is called modern "war" would give an indication other players might attack him!

keeskiller
06-26-2013, 01:02 AM
If i get raided and i lose, i will check out his stats first xD

But i have a few guys that are moaning about the fact that they are weaker.. Have also gotten a few messages from folks in my faction, they got printscreens of them saying they will (blabalbla) him (you know what i mean)
Should i say to my factionmembers they should rapport them or what?

Thanks

(btw if i get someone i will destroy his base also xD)

rookstar
06-26-2013, 01:41 AM
post his name and lvl Steg ,i love hitting people like that :D

Richard79
06-26-2013, 01:50 AM
Lmao i have a list of targets and until they tell me im the daddy i will keep raiding them. If they got anniversary buildings on lvl5 and only 85k def its there own fault! I will raid you time and time again!

Wai
06-26-2013, 01:53 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

mickymacirl
06-26-2013, 01:55 AM
If you don't want to get raided, collect collect collect collect!

xlcoollx
06-26-2013, 02:21 AM
well, i will give him a friendly pat(minimum 90 shots in his base). :D

thunder
06-26-2013, 02:24 AM
Yes lots of cry babies that play this game. Im a free weak player in cc and ka and not once have i cried on someones wall. During the last tournement i had 3 cry babies cried to me. One person said i was a hacker that my stats was too high for my level. What thats supposed to mean. Told him to report me all he wants. Another person said he will get his faction mates after me. Well im still waiting. Maybe they got scared. Another person said he is black jesus so dont attack me. Lol. Had another person that asked nicely not to be attacked so i stopped attacking that person.if u cry im going to attack and raid u a lot more. Go play farmville crybabies. If u cry why do u cry? Its a game

Michael1989
06-26-2013, 02:28 AM
Can we not start a thread of a list of players name, level ect so that we can target them to make thier day better lol

Ultimate Hit List

mickymacirl
06-26-2013, 02:34 AM
Can we not start a thread of a list of players name, level ect so that we can target them to make thier day better lol

Ultimate Hit List

Sadly thats against the forum rules :(

Richard79
06-26-2013, 02:46 AM
Lol crybaby award of the month could be a non stackable bonus unit

jon_funzio
06-26-2013, 02:49 AM
Similar to the d-bag list of non contributing players in World Domination - shame that's not allowed. Of course, should you have any AND have their alliance ID (which should be received from all new members as a matter of best practise when checking their boosts to ensure that they are not hacking health regen), then feel free to PM me...

Steg
06-26-2013, 03:00 AM
Ultimate hit list sounds good :) shame we cant have one.

I just went and raided him again, wouldn't want him to miss me now would we :D

Apart from a complaint about me hitting the same guy a few times this guy is the worst, I think he should go play modern peace instead of modern war!

he said i have "taken the fun out of the game" .. i beg to differ :)

kelvinng
06-26-2013, 03:02 AM
this game is about attack and been attack, raid people and been raid by others. If one cannot accept the facts to been attack and raid, better quit the game

Jhoemel
06-26-2013, 03:10 AM
Yeah its ur fault u didnt collect in time so its ur fault u got raided. Period, no need to whine since its already done

Michael1989
06-26-2013, 03:10 AM
Taking the fun out of the game? lol Such a cry baby.
The best part of this game is once your at a rivals base you discover LE buildings and highly upgraded oil rigs etc ready for the taking lol. My eyes light up when i find somone like that.
Dont know about anyone else but for me - Thats the fun lol.

Airthy
06-26-2013, 03:15 AM
As you said, the name of the game is "modern WAR". I can't understand why he cant just collect his buildings before they are raided.

Steg
06-26-2013, 03:22 AM
Taking the fun out of the game? lol Such a cry baby.
The best part of this game is once your at a rivals base you discover LE buildings and highly upgraded oil rigs etc ready for the taking lol. My eyes light up when i find somone like that.
Dont know about anyone else but for me - Thats the fun lol.

that's the fun for me too :) i also try to remember the name incase he pops up again.

As you said, the name of the game is "modern WAR". I can't understand why he cant just collect his buildings before they are raided.

Exactly, he said he is going to end up selling his money buildings or not resetting them so i cant raid him lol!

Airthy
06-26-2013, 03:29 AM
I bet if he hadn't made such a big deal about it, you would have forgotten about him anyway?! He is the cause for his own downfall.

Michael1989
06-26-2013, 03:35 AM
Very true, i had a guy that i raided for a decemt amount of cash, A day later he raided me a lost then starting throwing abuse at me lol Went back everyday till he dropped off my news feed. If he would have kept his mouth shut i would have left him alone. Some of them ask for it though when they decide to write crud on your wall lol.

JCL
06-26-2013, 03:45 AM
Not too many complain, but had a couple turn out pretty cool. One seemed really cool, so I even threw him a bone. "Hey, my Nanotech is due to be cashed in 45 minutes, but I plan on not collecting for about 7 hours," since I wanted it to be cashed in the morning, instead of 1 am. Said thanks, grabbed the easy 200k and we both laughed.

SGT Rud
06-26-2013, 05:54 AM
I raid until my stamina is depleted prior to going to bed at night. When I wake in the morning, It makes my day when I get to read a bunch of messages left behind.

nickdpro99
06-26-2013, 05:59 AM
Lol. I raided this dude for nearly 10 million. The idiot had a billion dollars. He kept on abusing me instead of buying some useful limited edition buildings. Easiest 30 million I ever earned. :)

Urbz
06-26-2013, 06:17 AM
Here we are talking about moaners....lol...now all of u guys from here tell me u never asked nobody to stop hitting your base? In the long/ short period u played ...never happened?
I'm urbz ...and yes It did happen to me ....I do not curse at the person rather ask him if he can ease on me a lil...
Now that's moaning ? If yes than ...I'm one of them....
This is how I'm playing.....if somebody ask me nice to stop raiding ...I will...
Now u all tell me u guys never had in your game life a story like that?

Lt. Falcon
06-26-2013, 06:18 AM
Some people can take raids/attacks in stride sometimes even offering up a salute or congrats. Others get all upset by posting on your wall obscenities and insinuating that you are a hacker/cheater. I accidently attacked someone stronger with my LLP and he was at my base for the 3-4 days, thankfully I collected often to minimze the damage. I didn't say a thing until he left a message saying "well done, and complimenting my base" after that he moved on.

In my expierance, if you up against a much stronger player don't instigate by posting on their wall. You are asking for trouble. I have had a few rivals post remarks on my walls and I have hunted them down, not once, not twice but several times. If you are repeatedly attacked by a rival and wish for it to stop, post a comment on their wall asking nicely to take it easy on you, I have ceased fire on those who have asked me. Likewise, I have asked some rivals to take it easy on me while I try to save for LE building or upgrades and have been left alone.

So all in all, if you act like a ****, you will be treated like a ****!! Very simple!

thundarr
06-26-2013, 06:23 AM
Getting raided is part of the game. When I get raided I never write anything on their board or seek revenge. It just comes with the territory. I had someone that kept raiding me non-stop. I just increased my stats and voila no more raids. Sometimes I just raid someone else to replenish what I have lost. With the faction tournament I get raided a lot more and I raid a lot more because you have to help your faction. When I was a lower level player I raided to get my stats up and some money when I was too low.

Michael1989
06-26-2013, 06:37 AM
Ask someone to stop raiding me? hahaha!

Never surrender!

Take it on the chin, Remember their name, get stronger, go hunting lol

Steg
06-26-2013, 06:52 AM
I would have forgotten about him, I didn't set out to raid him repeatedly, it probably just happened as the rivals list throws the same names until you level up..

The fact he just seemed up himself made me raid him more and more, I am in his base pretty much every few hours now - until he drops off my news feed.. if he is smart he will let it go, but the amount of messages he has left is so funny I cant stop doing it to him!

I have been raided a few times, but haven't lost a great deal of money, since I dish it out a lot I don't mind being raided back - its part of the game as has been mentioned..

its always good to find someone with serious unvaulted money, one person on my list is excess of 340m, so every hit gives 300k.. useful for base upgrades :)

Thlinks
06-26-2013, 07:30 AM
I give two ****s what people think when I raid them.. Walking around on there base all stuck and ****... Prancing around admiring there shiny toys.. No better feeling indeed.. This one dude attacked me over and over once.. Took a lot of pixel cheese from me.. I beefed up put the rocky theme song on and on whooped his ass.. Even after he was 10 lvs behind lol..

mldmkm
06-26-2013, 07:37 AM
I got one guy who gave me 40 mil with his multiple high paying level 5 buildings. He just posted junk on my wall, 25 posts total. All he could have done was offer me as an ally. I dont raid or attack if they simple offer me an ally request than crying :).

whitefire
06-26-2013, 07:51 AM
It's really quite simple. If you dont want to be raided, make sure there's nothing to get. If I leave money on the pavement, walk away and return later and it's gone, it's my fault. When someone raids me often, I usually compliment them on being smart.

Now the other way around is soooo much fun. I had one girl even go racist on me after goading and raiding her for a couple of weeks. She'd write really offensive stuff with a lot of spelling errors. Like shooting a fish in a barrel. That was the biggest fun I had playing this game: seeing people making utter fools of themselves.

Steg
06-26-2013, 08:02 AM
^^ very well put :)

The fact that they moan and make fools of themselves just makes people raid them all the more..

tomstenson
06-26-2013, 08:31 AM
I hit a guy one time doing PvP, looking for concrete (no money lost). He posted a tirade of profanity on my wall. So I went back again, and again, and again, etc... When he stopped repairing his money buildings, I just sacked everything on his base. When he stopped repairing his defenses, I just made sure to attack him directly a few times a day. He continued to post profanity on my wall and threatening me that all his Faction Members were coming for me. Yawn... Like everyone is at the same level. After a few weeks, I finally responded to him and simply said "I was just looking for concrete. You decided to make this personal and post profanity on my wall. You are now my new favorite hobby." It was amazing how many apologetic posts I received. To be honest, I was starting to get bored with it. For being a Level 100+, his IPH was amazingly low. It was more effort than it was worth, but, I can't stand the people that post profanity on your wall when it's just a game. I get raided all the time... it's part of the game.

MWaddict
06-26-2013, 09:01 AM
i agree! as if all of them have never been in that situation once. most of us have experienced that especially when we were just starting the game.

The Fonz
06-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Here we are talking about moaners....lol...now all of u guys from here tell me u never asked nobody to stop hitting your base? In the long/ short period u played ...never happened?
I'm urbz ...and yes It did happen to me ....I do not curse at the person rather ask him if he can ease on me a lil...
This is how I'm playing.....if somebody ask me nice to stop raiding ...I will...
Don't have to: I haven't lost an attack / raid in weeks. :p Then again, I'm a LLP (camper) with decent stats and IPH, so I don't have to hunt for cash or XP; they come to me. :D

P.S. If anyone comes across an avatar named "The Fonz" in MW, that's not me; I go by a different name.

lacrouch74
06-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Lmao! I love it! Great to know there are others like me out there. The thrill of the hunt is what keeps me in this game.

elangomatt
06-26-2013, 11:29 AM
I have had pretty good luck with players not complaining much. I did have one person recently though that freaked out during one of the recent PVP events. He was giving me something great like 740 BP per hit, so I was cleaning his base out. He didn't have any big money buildings available to raid but I raided all of his defensive buildings and maybe a few minor money buildings. I didn't reply to his first message at all, and then he just started spamming the crap out of my wall by sending a ton of messages with one word per message. I finally replied to him just to get him to shut up and he did. A couple days ago (no PVP event going) and I come across his base and he has a Curraugh Engineering building ready to collect, so I raided it. I didn't even realize it was the same person at all till he messaged me about it. I was going to be nice and send him my allie code, but then I decided to tell him to piss off and if he didn't want to get raided then he should collect his money buildings.

Oh and I almost forgot, I told another faction member around my level about him, too. So this guy got a visit from a 1million plus Attack person. He turned around and started spamming my faction member's wall too. I should go back and ask the idiot if he enjoyed the visit from my "big brother".

mr_bossman
06-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Yeah, why people complain/moan/spam is unreal - if they can't take the heat.

I have an ok level MW account and hardly ever see any red but if I do, then it's part of the game :D

I have quite a strong CC account on level 94 (compared to the average gold player!) with 102k def and very seldom see red here either, except yesterday, I got robbed by a 70k attack player (bit confused over how that worked out) but anyhow, did very politely mention I will be back to collect the stolen funds as he had some nice buildings to rob from :D

It gets boring if nobody beats you.

I have noticed and spoken with a few top 25 CC syndicate members and now camping due to their advice, the top players never rob me! There is a reason for that.....

rar
06-26-2013, 12:23 PM
This is a great thread. I seldom pay attention to names unless it is a special person. I opened up my second account one day and there were 2 messages on my wall like this, this is one of them, "fxcukccffukuccxukccxccuin fcukccxhimfcukccxfcxcumuycxxffu." He was flying a german flag, but thats not german. :) i get a lot of people crying about getting raided, but this ones the best. i look for him now. I now have several posts on my wall from him. If u leave money on a building or u are over vault, I'm going to take it. I don't get mad at anyone that raids me, I get mad at myself for not collecting on time

lemonhaze
06-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Ok, so I carry out quite a few raids per day, name of the game I reckon, go raid, make money, donate to faction.

One player decided to have a moan on my wall about it - proceeded to say he will have revenge, comes in and raids my 2 low earning buildings - armory and supply depot (I fail to see the logic of how that is revenge!)

In taking his "revenge" he has granted me a free pass to his base, so I raided him again..

In short he wished me dead, among other rants of abuse, I now raid him at every opportunity just to annoy him :)

Who has all raided the same person just for the pure amusement of it? knowing they are fuming lol.

I thought the fact the game is called modern "war" would give an indication other players might attack him! HAHA classic i have a guy like that to that cries..he says i needed that money for upgrades blah blah well then he should collect and vault it..but now i jsut raid stuff on him for the pure amusement of it like supply dept and all bc i know it makes him whine..it all started when i got his lvl 2 AC and he tried to attack me back and lost and been on my news feed so i got speed dial on him..i hate it when he drops off news feed then i have to search and find him and hes so dumb he tries to attck or raid me back but cannont win then i got another 5 or 6 days of carrying on wit speeddial to him

mr_bossman
06-26-2013, 12:38 PM
HAHA classic i have a guy like that to that cries..he says i needed that money for upgrades blah blah well then he should collect and vault it..but now i jsut raid stuff on him for the pure amusement of it like supply dept and all bc i know it makes him whine..it all started when i got his lvl 2 AC and he tried to attack me back and lost and been on my news feed so i got speed dial on him..i hate it when he drops off news feed then i have to search and find him and hes so dumb he tries to attck or raid me back but cannont win then i got another 5 or 6 days of carrying on wit speeddial to him

Haha, know what you mean about the news feed....

I had one player take quite a bit off me. Left it for about a week or so but I had since spent £160 with Gree, I got him back!

He was a bit confused to say the least - but we made friends :D

mr_bossman
06-26-2013, 12:40 PM
This is a great thread. I seldom pay attention to names unless it is a special person. I opened up my second account one day and there were 2 messages on my wall like this, this is one of them, "fxcukccffukuccxukccxccuin fcukccxhimfcukccxfcxcumuycxxffu." He was flying a german flag, but thats not german. :) i get a lot of people crying about getting raided, but this ones the best. i look for him now. I now have several posts on my wall from him. If u leave money on a building or u are over vault, I'm going to take it. I don't get mad at anyone that raids me, I get mad at myself for not collecting on time

Yeah, one guy done that to me...

He beat me the first time around when I was about level 50 but I had not joined a faction - found a really good one - got him back and he couldn't do anything about it.

So, long story short.... He basically posted the entire alphabet over and over again on my wall and I lost all comments...

I asked him to stop otherwise I would be back - he stopped :D

Max Power
06-26-2013, 02:51 PM
I normally don't attack people at all, or complain when people get me, but I did in one instance in CC.

It's a semi-common theme when you realize that the game has passed you by financially, there are people playing only one game instead of multiple ones from a time investment standpoint, etc, where you just drop mob members to get out of the shark tank and plunk around building your economy at lower mob levels, as that is the only war a free player can eventually succeed at someting.

Well, there is a common theme amongst the low mob member folks, and it is usually is that they want to be left alone, and they will also leave you alone. Kind of the same protocal that the high stat low level campers have, they usually don't mess with each other outr of professional courtesy.

Of course, there is one in every crowd. I have a personal stalker that would hit me hourly if I don't collect, and having a fairly full life away from my phone, he gets my nightclubs from time to time. After a couple months of this, I suggested to him that it was in somewhat poor form to drop mob levels because you want to fight and are too weak to play with the big boys. Well, regardless, it did not go over very well and now I am a whiner and a crybaby and blah blah blah.....LOL!

Realistically, this guy is spending money on the game and his stats are pretty good, I have no idea why he sits in the shallows rather than manning up, but I guess he never wants to lose. As it is, he is the only one at my level that beats me.

last time I communicated with him it had been after 5 days of not seeing him on my wall and I said. "I have been missing you. I was worried that you may have gotten a job!"

That didn't go over well either.

Steg
06-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Woke up this moring, more abuse on my wall plus he attacked another couple of low level buildings...

Needless to say all he has done is to refresh my easy and free access to his base :)

mr_bossman
07-01-2013, 02:00 PM
wow lol it seems he lured you straight into Grees trap, that's exactly how it works. Stronger player attacks weaker, weaker is "forced" to buy gold to get stronger and attack back and feel like he won, when in reality....

True :) That's how these games work - but it was worth it :D

I only spend what I can afford (normally) got a bit out of hand this month during MW battles though! :)

Very clever guys that write these games. If you can afford to play, why not?

mr_bossman
07-01-2013, 02:04 PM
@Max Power,

Yeah, I have been hit quite hard recently due to new PVP tasks. Hurts when I have saved so long and hard to get certain buildings for CC such as the toy store etc :)

Same guys keep hitting me though and one group member in particular.

I am camping though and when I checked their stats (via news feed etc), they had surpassed about 5 - 10 levels!

I'll meet them one day at the top lol :D

steveo127
07-01-2013, 02:27 PM
there's nothing wrong with raiding. it's when you're raiding someone's boost buildings to be able to collect their cash buildings that there is somethin wrong. ESPECIALLY if you're raiding someone's boost buildings during WD events. infuriating to have to exit the app and then reopen once you see your attack has dropped significantly and you have a few consecutive losses to the opponent your were farming WD points from.

mr_bossman
07-01-2013, 02:36 PM
there's nothing wrong with raiding. it's when you're raiding someone's boost buildings to be able to collect their cash buildings that there is somethin wrong. ESPECIALLY if you're raiding someone's boost buildings during WD events. infuriating to have to exit the app and then reopen once you see your attack has dropped significantly and you have a few consecutive losses to the opponent your were farming WD points from.

That is a strategy though.

When one guy had it in for me, I knocked out all of his def building, infirmary etc and then kicked some.

It's not often this happens during wars/battles though... Never been raided myself during those times - keep it fair game play!

You can always quickly repair though.

Are you saying there is a bug, were you have to exit the app and then reopen to then repair your buildings to get your stats back?

steveo127
07-01-2013, 02:39 PM
i thought that's how it was for everyone...is it not? when my buildings are raided, especially my boost buildings and my stats drop and i know i have to repair my boost buildings, i go back to my base and nothing looks knocked down...but my stats are dropped so i need to exit the app, then reopen to repair the buildings...it's not like that for everyone?

Is anyone else familiar with having to do what I do, or should I send in a ticket?

That is a strategy though.

When one guy had it in for me, I knocked out all of his def building, infirmary etc and then kicked some.

It's not often this happens during wars/battles though... Never been raided myself during those times - keep it fair game play!

You can always quickly repair though.

Are you saying there is a bug, were you have to exit the app and then reopen to then repair your buildings to get your stats back?

John Snow
07-01-2013, 03:21 PM
i thought that's how it was for everyone...is it not? when my buildings are raided, especially my boost buildings and my stats drop and i know i have to repair my boost buildings, i go back to my base and nothing looks knocked down...but my stats are dropped so i need to exit the app, then reopen to repair the buildings...it's not like that for everyone?

Is anyone else familiar with having to do what I do, or should I send in a ticket?

That's how it works for me. I have to exit and reopen before I know which boosts were taken out.

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 10:09 AM
That's how it works for me. I have to exit and reopen before I know which boosts were taken out.

I have probably never noticed as I'm in and out of the app constantly.

Even during battles, I'll hammer the gold for a few minutes and then close the game.

Whilst the game is closed though, I would get an instant message through my phones timeline if I my base had been raided etc.

Do you guys keep your game app open constantly then?

marklinalexanderho
07-03-2013, 08:45 PM
i tink raiding/attacking is part of modern war foundation.

if they really wanna get u to stop, perhaps they could send a msg & ask nicely? it works when u're genuine i guess =)

bushobama
07-03-2013, 09:56 PM

oh hey urbz! lvl 105ish russian flag?? think i gave your base a p-51 pounding a couple weeks ago..

1brent1
07-03-2013, 11:03 PM
I like to keep the game fun for everyone and enjoy making friends, not enemy's. the funny thing with this game I've found that enemys usally end up as friends over time. That said if I'm ruining the fun for someone by repeat raids or attacks and they nicely ask for me to stop and to be friends I will always grant their wish.

There's quite a few cyber bully's out there that can finally get theirs by going against ones wish for the sole purpose to get them upset and I feel sorry for you. Life's too short and if you allow yourself you can get more enjoyment out of this socal networking game by making friends instead of enemy's. it's a small world out there, you'd be surprised at who you'll meet.

Agent Orange
07-04-2013, 06:10 AM
If you don't want to get raided leave your buildings destroyed, get off the treadmill and get a life.

Speed ump
07-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Boy, it sure would be funny for some of the threads from the early days to be reported here. So many cry babies in here about being raided for the same reasons. Now many players have expanded their thinking to realize, yes, it is a war game.lol. Me and the rest of our merry band were evil for this type of behavior. Now everyone is asking to trade raiding for bps, lol. My how the ones change. Not quite as much crying as the old days. It still bothers some, tough they try to disguise it by saying that they don't care.

JohnnyR
07-04-2013, 07:23 AM

There's nothing wrong with tactics, if it was wrong to raid a boost building GREE wouldn't have let people raid them.

thundarr
07-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Whats the problem? It doesn't cost anything to rebuild them. If you leave them destroyed then you are weaker for PVP attacks in the faction war. I just rebuild mine and move on. Almost all my units are indestructible so I don't lose any units that I miss. It's just part of the game.

Agent Orange
07-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Whats the problem? It doesn't cost anything to rebuild them. If you leave them destroyed then you are weaker for PVP attacks in the faction war. I just rebuild mine and move on. Almost all my units are indestructible so I don't lose any units that I miss. It's just part of the game.

Depends on the buildings, money buildings if raided you get part of their cash but a rival gets some too. Leave it destroyed and neither of you get anything but the raiding of that building stops.

Boost buildings, most guys don't realize that when they are taken down they don't get as many WD points so I leave them dead. The Infirmary btw seems to have no value at all regardless of level.

Defense buildings another unnecessary clutter on your base perhaps in Levels 1-10 they serve some purpose but probably after L30 they provide no value at all.

The rest, no point in rebuilding unit buildings unless you need to upgrade to a higher level but once at L10 and they get destroyed there is no reason to rebuild them. Just WD points for someone else.

Corporal Punishment 2
12-30-2013, 06:15 PM
I get everything that has been posted here. But I have a question: two weeks ago I accidentally raided someone with a strength of around 7m. Now that sort of strength is very rare at my level (125) and I misread his stats. As soon as I got the result screen, I posted an apology on his wall. He's been attacking me and/or raiding me every day since, several times a day. I have tried everything I can think of - including collecting as often as possible (not always possible with an IPH of $7.3m, donating everything i can to the faction, a polite message saying well done - but he won't go away.

Any ideas?

Thumpr
12-30-2013, 06:38 PM
I thought the fact the game is called modern "war" would give an indication other players might attack him!you missed the bigger picture of that statement. "...the fact the GAME is..." I too have enjoyed the prepubescent rantings on my wall post raiding. The part that I love the most about those are the fact that they raided/attacked me & lost first...hence how they showed up on my radar. So..they attack me, lose. I counter attack, win, they whine....and attack and lose again. I particularly like it when I would they would first attack...and then cry 'leave me alone', attack....

JCL
12-30-2013, 11:54 PM
You'll just have to wait to drop off his news feed. Someone once said they fixed the wall spam technique, but I successfully did it about 3 weeks ago.

I get everything that has been posted here. But I have a question: two weeks ago I accidentally raided someone with a strength of around 7m. Now that sort of strength is very rare at my level (125) and I misread his stats. As soon as I got the result screen, I posted an apology on his wall. He's been attacking me and/or raiding me every day since, several times a day. I have tried everything I can think of - including collecting as often as possible (not always possible with an IPH of $7.3m, donating everything i can to the faction, a polite message saying well done - but he won't go away.

Any ideas?

Corporal Punishment 2
12-31-2013, 02:22 AM
You'll just have to wait to drop off his news feed. Someone once said they fixed the wall spam technique, but I successfully did it about 3 weeks ago.

Just tried it. Do you think 100 messages is enough? I'll let you know if it still works.

CP

Dutchie
12-31-2013, 02:38 AM
If you don't want to get raided, collect collect collect collect!Auto-collect you mean :P

DFI
12-31-2013, 02:54 AM
Just tried it. Do you think 100 messages is enough? I'll let you know if it still works.

CP

No, you'll end up pissing the person off even more and he'll find you unless he levels away from you.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
12-31-2013, 03:00 AM
I'm lvl 119. 4B overvaulted and 21M iph. Same name in game with 500 allies. Come find me!

Corporal Punishment 2
12-31-2013, 03:14 AM
No, you'll end up pissing the person off even more and he'll find you unless he levels away from you.

I know what you're saying but it's been two weeks and I've been patient with him (given that it was my mistake in the first place). I've apologised, asked if he wants to join a fun faction or become allies. I'm sure he's laughing his little socks off and it's not like he needs the income (IPH is $9m).

It's all very well saying you have to collect collect collect but a) I am trying to but I have to go to work and to sleep some time and b) that doesn't help when he's attacking as well as raiding.

If it works then the only way he can find me is if I show up on his rivals list but that can't be avoided and won't give him the unfettered access he has at the moment.

Anyway I wasn't trying to piss him off - I wasn't sure how many would be enough.

CP

barrack
12-31-2013, 03:49 AM
Check his number of allies, if he is 500, go down to 480 and he wont' find you anymore. Only if he is sub 500 he will.
However, if he is sub 500, go to 500 allies yourselve, and he wont find you anymore if your level differs from his, unless he goes to 500 as well. Hope it helps

ChangeMW
12-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Check his number of allies, if he is 500, go down to 480 and he wont' find you anymore. Only if he is sub 500 he will.
However, if he is sub 500, go to 500 allies yourselve, and he wont find you anymore if your level differs from his, unless he goes to 500 as well. Hope it helps

Best strategy as long as you are not on his news feed.

Hellish
12-31-2013, 09:25 AM
If you don't want to get raided you have two options... 1) Collect your cash fool 2) Get stronger Sorry buddy but if I find you on my rival list that means we are close in level. Your fault you didn't grow as fast as me. I did my part I looked for a rival near my level, the rest is on you buttercup.

Corporal Punishment 2
01-01-2014, 07:04 AM
If you don't want to get raided you have two options... 1) Collect your cash fool 2) Get stronger Sorry buddy but if I find you on my rival list that means we are close in level. Your fault you didn't grow as fast as me. I did my part I looked for a rival near my level, the rest is on you buttercup.

Thnaks for the input.

If you'd read my original post, you'd know that I am collecting my cash, thank you very much, as far as real life permits and secondly that the person in question is both raiding and attacking. As for gettin stronger, that's what everyone playing this game does I'd have thought but his AT is 6m to my 3m DE. Not a quick fix, I'm sure you'll agree.

MadAtWorld
01-01-2014, 08:47 AM
I have been on both sides. Not a moaner or posting vulgarities. But the one and only time I asked someone to stop raiding me I was a low level with pitiful IPH. A new LE building had come out that finally I could possibly afford if I worked really hard. I spent four days raiding day and night. Obviously I was over vault. And this one guy came and hit me over and over. Like he set his clock. I would raid and he would take it. After 3 days of non-stop I politely asked him if he would lay off attacking me for 2 days so I could get my first LE and them he could come back and raid the darn thing.

I look at it like this: if it is a function built into the game, I feel no guilt about doing it. There is such a thing as overkill though. If someone is particularly offensive I do go back for a visit or two, but I at least let them know Whats going to happen... "I love the ones that squeal, it wakes up the predator within me. Want it to stop, stop squealing." Then I hit them once. If they shut up, I let it go. Some really do take it so personal it ruins the game.

My one weird squealer experience was a guy I lost to. I check stats 99% of the time but was in a hurry. I attacked and lost. Later I get a message about how he's going to make my base go dark until I quit the game because I touched his boosts. Which is odd, because that is something I almost never do. So I told him the only reason I would. Next thing I know, he has leveled every building on my base. Left more profanity on my wall. I reset and he did it again, more profanity, about how it will continue. For days he kept on, til I finally asked what his deal was. He seemed a little off in the head. I mentioned it to my faction mates, not to get him jumped but because I thought it was funny. I care less that he hits my boosts. It's a stupid pixelated building. One tap and it's fixed. They wanted to have fun and went for a visit. He went a little loony on them too but couldn't beat them. He said I had been harassing him and dropping his boosts. The punchline? His boosts were all untouchable because he bought the control towers and they were a barrier and his stats were so much higher than mine I couldn't beat him. The guy was going nuts on the wrong person.

I leave you with two thoughts: First, everyone is prey to someone. Even the SUPs get raided. I am sure the ones crying over being raided never raid anyone else? And second, I have pretty good stats, don't get raided often. But if you can reach it, have at it, it's yours.

MadAtWorld
01-01-2014, 08:54 AM

Maybe there's a bug in my game but... I was at 500 allies and only saw 500 allies. I dropped a few. Now I see people with 4xx allies AND 500 allies.

MadAtWorld
01-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Corporal Punishment 2.

I don't often say this, but maybe asking around and finding a person or 3 who have higher stats than him at his range and having them make a polite request to him to back off or bend over would do the trick. If not, they get a free lunch on his yummy IPH. If I make a "mistake" (it's part of the game, not like you hurt him losing) or if I hit someone and get hit back, I usually give them a day or two to cool down. After a couple of attacks though, freebies are over.

barrack
01-01-2014, 09:21 AM
Maybe there's a bug in my game but... I was at 500 allies and only saw 500 allies. I dropped a few. Now I see people with 4xx allies AND 500 allies.

That's possible, but the ones with 500 are most likely at the same level as you are. I have never been able to see people with 500 allies when i am sub 500 other then people at my own level.

Einszwei
01-01-2014, 09:37 PM

In this case also hide your wife, hide your kids and bring out the gun ohh yeahh!

Einszwei
01-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Hehe this guy got really pissed at me when I raided his level 5 anniversary centers gills and arctic minig rigs + level 10 curragh

Corporal Punishment 2
01-02-2014, 04:04 AM
Corporal Punishment 2.

I don't often say this, but maybe asking around and finding a person or 3 who have higher stats than him at his range and having them make a polite request to him to back off or bend over would do the trick. If not, they get a free lunch on his yummy IPH. If I make a "mistake" (it's part of the game, not like you hurt him losing) or if I hit someone and get hit back, I usually give them a day or two to cool down. After a couple of attacks though, freebies are over.

Hi Mad,

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I don't know anyone (let alone three people) who have attack strength of over 9m at level 125. I have sent GREE an email asking how long a message stays on someone's news feed for before it finally scrolls off, because I guess that's the only way it's going to stop. Oddly enough, since I posted the one hundred messages, his wall is blank. He's been visiting me several times a day despite only get a few thousand dollars for the last three days.

CP

Viscount Bell
01-02-2014, 05:39 AM

I thought the fact the game is called modern "war" would give an indication other players might attack him!

Rightly so, the raid button is there to be utilized, as I say; if he wishes you dead F*** him senseless.

FallGuy
01-02-2014, 01:13 PM

Unfortunately for me, this doesn't seem to be the case. I have just over 200 allies by design but have been attacked by those with 500. I had a period where I was losing $15 million a day from the same 3 players for about a month. They would each visit about 4 times a day. I am a camper and rarely attack/raid and I never "Revenge" so I won't show up on their Newsfeed. I never posted any nasty message because that's part of the game. And, I am not b!tching but I would like to know how I even appear on their Rivals list when I can't get anyone with less then 10 of what I have to appear. It is also interesting that during this time my Newsfeed only showed a couple days of activity. After a couple days, my Newsfeed somehow gets cleared out.