PDA

View Full Version : Guild question?

Dcarrington
06-25-2013, 05:14 PM
If you raise your guild will you be matched with stronger factions? Or how is it done?

Anonymously Yours
06-25-2013, 05:22 PM
If you raise your guild will you be matched with stronger factions? Or how is it done?No one really knows how you get matched, because answers have been less than complete. As best as I can figure, Gree's sophisticated matching algorithms try to match you with other factions close to your average totals, if that doesn't happen within a short time, the spread gets wider until a match is forced.

PITA4PRES
06-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Factions are normally matched based on similar attack strength but this is not always possible as there may not be a faction available that fits the criteria. In that case the faction may be matched up with one that is much stronger or much weaker.

Dcarrington
06-25-2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks guys!

MoD
06-25-2013, 11:27 PM
imho i think faction size is not important but how many people are really in, because that affects the total stats. so if you got 40 members but 60 slots, the program will add the stats of the 40 members and you will be matched with factions in about the same strength. also i think wd points come into play when battles have started.

also i think that it is not important if these 40 guys do really participate in fighting or not. so it is better to have 20 active fighters than 40 inactive ones.

Blueridge
06-26-2013, 05:50 AM
I wanted to ask the same question thanks for the info

Hupernikomen
06-26-2013, 06:57 AM
Found some old post of CJ's about this:

The sorting system will always try to match you with someone near your strength at the beginning, but sometimes it can't if guilds of your strength are already matched up. You WILL get a good matchup during the event, though.

And he went on to say:

If it can't find someone perfect for your guild in a certain amount of time, it will widen the parameters a little. Then if it still can't do that, it will widen them again. So you guys (with your widened parameters) got matched up with a guild that also had widened parameters, due to the slow-down gumming up the works a little for everyone. We try to keep that from happening as much as is possible, but the idea here is that being able to get SOME points should always trump a situation where you're stuck and unable t get no points at all.
-------------------------
I have always assumed it matches you based on wd points as our match ups have been close in those areas and not so much in guild #'s.

Snipe
06-26-2013, 07:13 AM
If you raise your guild will you be matched with stronger factions? Or how is it done?

Nobody outside Gree really knows, but my impression is that as war weekend progresses, the matching seems to be mostly a function of your standings. But especially at off times you can match to a really easyor really tough team. We regularly match to teams with 8 more or 10 fewer players (52 of us). I wouldn't be concerned just by having more players.

a4194394
06-26-2013, 08:26 AM
i think mostly depends on how many ppl or capacity ur guild has. our guild started with 5 ppl and when we fought for WD we seldom saw 10+ factions but really can see most common 40-60K defense leader. as our faction grows, we often see similar number members of factions but mostly are relatively weak and inactive except leader.