PDA

View Full Version : Casualty Rate Fix

Jerle
06-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi everyone,

Yesterday's deploy introduced an unexpected change to the way casualty rate was handled. We've just rolled out a fix, you should see casualties return to expected levels when fighting.

jchow69
06-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Hi everyone,

Yesterday's deploy introduced an unexpected change to the way casualty rate was handled. We've just rolled out a fix, you should see casualties return to expected levels when fighting.

Thanks for the fix, Jerle. Hope I see the fix soon.:D

Gnorax
06-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Just lost 5 units on two fights won most ever low rate... Not fixed

VikingsVoice
06-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Just lost 5 units in one attack as well, I think they it is worse as opposed to fixed. :mad::mad::mad:

Thief
06-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Someone forgot to put in a - instead of a + :D

On a serious note always reset your game when you want the changes to update.

JohnnyR
06-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Someone forgot to put in a - instead of a + :D

On a serious note always reset your game when you want the changes to update.

Is this an uninstall/reinstall?

2nd Sea Raiders
06-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Is this an uninstall/reinstall? No just close, delete from running programs, and restart it.

"Sun Tzu"
06-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Despite the purported fix I am still having unusually high casualties when I attack, even someone at half my attack/defense strength. I used to have one casualty about every 8-10 attacks. Usually it was a relatively small or weak unit. Now I have two casualties per attack and they are some of my more powerful (and costly) units. I am now noticing the same behavior during the missions of 'Sweep the Dregs. I can't afford to keep losing units at this pace given the schedule for this weekend....

Zulfiqaar
06-25-2013, 04:10 PM
I honestly cant tell the difference but am not doing much pvp atm...tbh i kinda wish the casualty rates were increased (speaking selfishly, it should really be so) as my newsfeed was totally clear all day..was being attacked every 20-30 mins before :/ i guess i cant stand around with 18x overvault for long...

thanks anyway jerle

Richard79
06-25-2013, 04:14 PM
This is far from fixed!!!! Ive just done 1 raid on another player 65k less than me and yet another loss of 900 valor. This morning i had a lilover 27k in valor i now 160 valor left and i have only raided 20ish times today as experiments to see if this has been fixed. Loot items ive lost count now but i do know its almost 40 brigend lightengs and at least 8mil is cash units none of which have been high loss there all sposed to be low or very low. My stats seem fixed now altho still about 10k short from all the units lost which i no longer can replace as im out of valor!!! Are you going to replace these lost units once this problem is fixed? I worked hard to get these units and to have them wiped out in 20ish raids is beyond a joke.

ohgreatitsryan
06-25-2013, 04:28 PM
What about the incorrect stats on android? Or the fact that I'm still seeing my attack swing over 150k?

"Sun Tzu"
06-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Not that it will happen, but I would like to see last night's patch be rolled back, then reset everyone's statistics, cash, and inventory back to where they were post tournament. After that is completed it should be possible to roll out the fixes one at a time instead of in one large group. Seems to me that it would make the discovery and resolution of these issues much easier. It also seems to be a case of poor timing since we have a scheduled event this weekend.... one that I can't prepare for now. Just my opinion.

Richard79
06-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Not that it will happen, but I would like to see last night's patch be rolled back, then reset everyone's statistics, cash, and inventory back to where they were post tournament. After that is completed it should be possible to roll out the fixes one at a time instead of in one large group. Seems to me that it would make the discovery and resolution of these issues much easier. It also seems to be a case of poor timing since we have a scheduled event this weekend.... one that I can't prepare for now. Just my opinion.

Well said!!!!! gree make it happen is it just a droid issue now as some of my faction members dont have any probs any more and the ones who do have probs are on android not that that is any surprise really!

AndreGoJ
06-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Not seeing difference on iPhone. Defender's defense was half my attack. I won but lost 18 - yep - 18 units in 6 attacks.

fcfury
06-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Not seeing any difference, I am losing valor units left and right

Philly982
06-25-2013, 06:18 PM
What about the incorrect stats on android? Or the fact that I'm still seeing my attack swing over 150k?

I second you on this one! iOS finally starts to have some issues that pale in comparison to what Android players have had to go through over time and they actually get responses from Gree on this forum. My attack swings much more from attack to attack than the highest stat loss I have seen posted from this issue. Nothing against iOS players at all as you deserve to have your issues fixed. It just seems amazing with all the threads on the countless and ever growing Android issues going on and none of them have gotten even half the attention from Gree as the threads on the iOS problems the past few days.

As for the casualty rate, I was in the camp that always had the high casualty "glitch" from the get go until Gree put everyone on equal footing and just lowered the casualty rates of the individual units. So this whole issue is kind of like going back home for me and honestly, I kind of missed it. It made me a much stronger player and brought a little challenge and strategy into gameplay. That being said, many if not most were never in this camp so I can understand why they would be upset by having a few casualties when attacking/raiding each time in a war game. If only this were true in real life then many would not have lost loved ones for their ultimate sacrifice in serving their respective countries.

"Sun Tzu"
06-25-2013, 06:19 PM
I just tested and did see a slight improvement. I was able to attack someone at about half my strength (yeah, I was a bully, but it was for a good cause) without any abnormal casualties. When I attacked someone slightly weaker then me (-5000) I did have a single casualty per hit, which is better than before. In this case they were strong valor units, but still less than the strong valor and expensive cash units I lost earlier in the day. So, things are better. Not back to what I would expect/hope, but heading in the right direction.

ohgreatitsryan
06-25-2013, 06:31 PM
My attack is now displayed at 430k, I was able to test it on the boss and my cash hit was doing 375k, so I'd call that my real attack. When I attack rivals it swings from 220k to 390k. That is a huge range coming into a WD event.

faguo
06-25-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm on iPhone, and casualty rate is still very high. I'm now loosing about 1 unit per attack, and usually good one.
Per peer suggestion, I switched to raiding only, and it is about as degraded as fighting rival.
From our faction, some lost about 4k before noticing the change.
(we are on wednesday 26th, in China, so may be far ahead of the servers...).

still waiting for a rollback.

mxz
06-25-2013, 07:36 PM
So you set casualty rates to 0 and call it a fix? :rolleyes:

Stop listening to your customers and let us have casualties...

Jerle
06-25-2013, 09:07 PM
We just pushed one more tweak to the rate, please let me know what you end up seeing.

phillibee
06-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Not fixed at all!!!!!!!!! still big differance in raiding and fighting . When are android users are going to be able to see true stats again on what
see on our own profile and on rivals we are basically using the guesswork when fighting rivals. How is going to effect the game in WD

SpikeyKit
06-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Losing 3 units going up against someone with same stats. Fixed? I lost too much during the 1st faction vs faction. Round 2 killed 50% of my valour units.. Now i have to go against someone 50% lower to save units. Just crazy

FYI - tweak didnt work, please fix. On the stat issues same across the board would be more helpful

marklinalexanderho
06-25-2013, 11:25 PM
tks for the fix! appreciate d effort =))

Gnorax
06-25-2013, 11:51 PM
I'm fine with units dying... But when there are tiers that is the problem... Its all based on cb points gain... Less 100 = 0 units die, 101-300=2 units die, that is the problem

Richard79
06-26-2013, 12:36 AM
We just pushed one more tweak to the rate, please let me know what you end up seeing.

Ok my findings thismorning. Im on android! Open the game scratchcard comes up no images when scratched oh its froze and no reward booted out of game. Reopen game now loads with no problem. Checked stats im still 10k short but that is in lost units! I have tried 17 raids thismorning and my findings are
1. My stats show 194k attk i raid showing 115k def battler report shows me 134k rival 54k loss 1 high value high cas infantry
2. Raid showing 174k battle report me 142k rival 34k no loss
3 raid showing 198k battle report me 134k rival 88k 3 units lost all same as first unit thats not normal but ok carry.
4 raid showing 250k way above my attk battle report me 143k rival 113k wtf i win no loss hit 6 more time to be sure and no loss
5 raid showing 330k now im being stupid! Battle report me 144k rival 230k i lose no surprise but a massive jump in stats and i lose 1 unit same as b4 high value high cas but more than acceptable.
So in summery i have not lost a single valor unit yet but im still blind as to who i attk due to massive differences in stats from profile to battle report. So im blind but my game is playable at the moment.
Now what is going to happen about all the units lost as im about 10k short in stats and im sure there are hundreds maybe thousands of us in the same boat! We need answers clear answers not were working on it we want to know what will be done its not rocket science just common curtiosy please look after your gamers they are your livelyhood without us your nothing!

JohnnyR
06-26-2013, 12:37 AM
Everything is back to normal on my end.

Stand up job responding to problems here CJ, GREE and co. Very nice to see.

Everyone, I suggest patience (yes...I know...) and refreshing your game a few times.

keeskiller
06-26-2013, 12:57 AM
had the update, looks fixed ;)

Gnorax
06-26-2013, 01:31 AM
Can't even update... Crashes every time i load up

fcfury
06-26-2013, 02:03 AM
I am running iOS I don't see an update, is there one?

Richard79
06-26-2013, 02:09 AM
I forgot to put in my post b4 raiding i did also have an update

Michael1989
06-26-2013, 02:14 AM
Problem not fixed, Still my units are dropping like fly's and my flag issue that i posted about and you replied claiming it was fixed - is not....

Richard79
06-26-2013, 02:42 AM
Ok just done another 20 raid/attks i lost units but seems to be acceptable losses. However the stat issue from profile to battle report is not fixed and nor is the flag issue as faction members still reporting problems with that. The fixes are gettin there please keep us up to date with your progress.

phillibee
06-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the fix I pm u my other account Id that one still no change on my stats when looking at it on other devices I still get wrong stats and when fighting rivals

"Sun Tzu"
06-26-2013, 01:54 PM
So far things seem much better today. While I have had losses, they seem much more reasonable. I'll keep my fingers crossed....

Richard79
06-26-2013, 02:01 PM
I take it by the lack of responce that now you say the problem is solved were supposed to roll over and take it up the back passage! WHAT ABOUT MY 10K IN LOST UNITS? THIS WAS YOUR F UP DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET 30K IN VALOR THATS 1500 ATTKS AT MY CURRENT LVL. I expect to lose units afterall it is a war game but when u make mistakes i expect you to rectify the issue and replace and compensate! I have 2 days before WD and no valor and 10k less in stats. A responce is required mods!