PDA

View Full Version : Tetra building - sell base?

generalpain
06-24-2013, 08:14 AM
Im a mid level player, level 85 with 155k iph, 100k att and 110d. Im going on a camping spree starting now and want to get my boost up and money up. My vault is 10mil and hits hugradt tomorrow. I want to be able to start getting le buildings without neglecting my boost upgrades. I play free for the most part other than war, use very light gold on boss missions and ltq. I want the tetra building, but will have to sell a ton of buildings to get it. Who has done this to get a le building and is it worth it. Feel free to add me as an ally if it would help with advising. 553-814-870. Any help is greatly appreciated. Im pretty much an hourly player, never miss a collection time on the 6, 8, 12, hour buildings.

2nd Sea Raiders
06-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Calculate the amount of money you receive from the buildings you are looking to sell (per 24 hours). If it is less than 1,000,000 then sell them and buy the tetra. If it is more than 1,000,000 it is not worth it because it would take a ton of time to build and upgrade the buildings you sold again.

Stevezesz
06-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Well check for yourself, you see the money the building gives, divide by hours it takes and voila, an hourly pops out. Think the Le building gives around 41k hourly (thats incl. +10% income boost from faction). Btw i wouldnt sell any buildings to buy the Le, unless you maybe dont have enough space and must build it within 10 minutes or the event is gone, or something like that. Thats because selling a building is almost worth nothing. :(

Thief
06-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Raw Numbers: 60 Million for a 1 Million pay out every 24 hours or 41.66k an hour.

How many buildings would you have to sell to purchase it? Do selling those buildings drop your IPH more than 41.66k an hour?

Personally i wouldn't unless i could get really close and i just needed a little extra income to get that last push. (ie you made it to 55 million but you needed 5 more million) The one thing to remember is you can always buy the other buildings back but you can never buy the LE again...for some that is worth more than the loss of IPH.

Personally i would say keep building your current IPH and wait until the next LE building that drops down to the 20 million mark or so. I suspect the next one will be 80 and then follow up with 100 and then drop down to 20 again.

generalpain
06-24-2013, 08:38 AM
That is pretty much my thoughts on this steve. My only counter would be i dont mind a temporary drop to get the building. I have no buildings on my base that would produce the iph the tetra would, but a combo of several would. Most of my money buildings are at level 3 and below. I would need to sell a whole lot of them to get there. Im at level 1 on chem plants and space station, and dont have a nano yet. I think patience would be my best guide on this topic.

Stevezesz
06-24-2013, 08:41 AM
That is pretty much my thoughts on this steve. My only counter would be i dont mind a temporary drop to get the building. I have no buildings on my base that would produce the iph the tetra would, but a combo of several would. Most of my money buildings are at level 3 and below. I would need to sell a whole lot of them to get there. Im at level 1 on chem plants and space station, and dont have a nano yet. I think patience would be my best guide on this topic.

Yes you are right. The building is awesome, nothing else to say. But, as for me, think this is one of those things you got to let slide and save up / increase vault, for next Le building.

generalpain
06-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Raw Numbers: 60 Million for a 1 Million pay out every 24 hours or 41.66k an hour.

How many buildings would you have to sell to purchase it? Do selling those buildings drop your IPH more than 41.66k an hour?

Personally i wouldn't unless i could get really close and i just needed a little extra income to get that last push. (ie you made it to 55 million but you needed 5 more million) The one thing to remember is you can always buy the other buildings back but you can never buy the LE again...for some that is worth more than the loss of IPH.

Personally i would say keep building your current IPH and wait until the next LE building that drops down to the 20 million mark or so. I suspect the next one will be 80 and then follow up with 100 and then drop down to 20 again.

I like that thought. I didnt realize the system of the le buildings. If your thoughts are correct, as you cant really predict what gree will do....then i agree thats a better strategy.

PITA4PRES
06-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Something else that can make them a little more affordable for future reference is to build/upgrade the cement factory if you haven't already done so. To me it is well worth the time and money to do this because over time you can make that money back more easily since it will reduce the cost of any future buildings you buy or upgrade. I have my cement factory at level 9(upgrade to level 10 will cost me over 13MM), but it saved me over 5MM when I built the Tatra.

kenley
06-24-2013, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't risk it... If someone attacks you (which is likely bc of the event going on) then you would have sold your income buildings in vain. Remember the more money you have unprotected the more money a person gets per attack. And there is a delay in notifying you of attacks, so a single person could hit you 10 times before you know it.

mgriss
06-24-2013, 11:09 AM
While I agree at looking at the potential "realized" (what you actually collect) IPH drop from selling your buildings... there is another factor. That is, how long you think it will be until the next LE. IMO, if you can get back whatever amount of IPH you dropped in order to buy the Tatra before the next LE hits, with time to spare, then get the Tatra.

Of course... it's anyone's guess when the next LE will drop. I'm not a betting man, but I would put 2:1 odds on not having an LE to buy after this war.

I advised a couple people in my faction who, at the time, had around your IPH and wanted the Curragh. They sold more IPH than gained, did it AGAIN for the santa marta... and now both of them are around 450k IPH. Granted that's a couple months later... but IMO that's better than they would have done had they simply upgraded the buildings already owned.

DFI
06-24-2013, 11:41 AM
I practically sold my entire base to buy the AMR long time ago. I have never regretted the decision, and looking back, that was the best move I could have made other than the composite factory. I've always used my nanos and other buildings to make up the difference, but with a much larger vault today, I can usually afford the LEs and maybe one or two upgrades with my def. With the free unit, the LEs are like free - imagine what it might cost to buy a unit with those stats.

generalpain
06-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Your right dfi. I think it boils down to risk. Before it goes off sell, i should have a 15M vault and level 6 cement. With a full vault, i will have to sell 8-10 buildings. I can do it quick enough at a time when its less risky. I just need to see where im at when the time comes. More tan likely it will be of a better benefit to get others first, and just ensure i get a le building down te road.

FromAfar
06-24-2013, 01:14 PM
selling buildings is a tradeoff. for the limited items, it can be worth the trade.

you can always get back a nano or space center, or any of the "regular" buildings. and the limited items give the income, and a prize unit, or two, depending on how far you can upgrade in the initial offering time.

the tradeoff is the loss of the sold buildings income, and the fact that the sale only generates 50% of the value last amount spent on the building... either the money to acquire or upgrade to the level it was when sold. so, the "tax" can be a pretty good percentage.

thus far, the limited time buildings offer fast upgrades, and pretty fair iph and more income opportunities.

you just have to figure out the balance for your situation.

and, to help make the situation a little better in the future, make sure you're planning now. always keep your vault upgrading. always be upgrading the 24/48/12 hour buildings (my preferred ordering), and at do this until all are at least level 3 thru 5, as high as your vault will safely protect funds while increasing.

jmho. ymmv.

DFI
06-24-2013, 01:20 PM
As you stated, the upgrade times of the LEs are great. So better to upgrade them vs the regular ones. I haven't upgraded a non-LE building in three months.

fkamb
06-24-2013, 06:26 PM
First of all, i advise you to build it. I could overvault (vault max was 10) buying two of them and each time selling the brand new nanothingy. If your stats are high enough, you won't get attacked, except when there is a bp frenzy going on. And my stats are medium, being a light light gold user.
Now i am thinking about buying a third one or getting one to level 2. But if I want the second unit, what counts: the moment you start building it or finish it? If anyone can clear that up for me, that would en great

JohnnyR
06-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Tatra costs me 58.5 mil. At a mil income per day, this building will take about 2 months just to pay itself off. Now ya wanna sell nanos and space centers on top of that? Get half the value back and ALSO wait for those buildings to pay themselves off when you buy them back...? In the long run of course it'll pay off, but there is also the opportunity cost and what ya could have been doing with the cash instead of pouring it all into a building. You're sacrificing gains to be made now for gains in the future. It doesn't make sense for me, butIf I had the cash, I'd go for it. Since I'd have to sell half my base-heck no!

a4194394
06-24-2013, 08:21 PM
in my opinion.. idk whether 110k in Lv~85 tier is very high or not, if is, then u don't need a base! raid high output building hourly grants u 20-35M each day! and vault is nonsense (my 115k in Lv62 has not been defeated for 1 month). but if not u need better to make ur vault higher than 30m than raiding like..

but actually now the game A/D is almost nothing related to ur cash...

JohnnyR
06-24-2013, 08:47 PM
in my opinion.. idk whether 110k in Lv~85 tier is very high or not, if is, then u don't need a base! raid high output building hourly grants u 20-35M each day! and vault is nonsense (my 115k in Lv62 has not been defeated for 1 month). but if not u need better to make ur vault higher than 30m than raiding like..

but actually now the game A/D is almost nothing related to ur cash...

Except when casualty rates get jacked with...

Mila Relyt
06-25-2013, 02:16 AM
I had to do that to get my second AC. Back then the vault max was 10 mil and once someone latches on to your name, they keep coming back. With a 600k IPH, there was no way to outwit the attacker or wait out their level-up before the rumored deadline of the AC. So I sold my Nanos, Oil Rigs, Space Centers, and defense buildings to snag the second AC before the end of the year. After that, they extended the deadline into Jan.

Before you sell, look up, in the forum, what you'll get for your sales to ensure you'll get enough to purchase what you want. Nothing as frustrating as selling everything only to find you're a few million short.

ffp
06-25-2013, 02:32 AM
For selling the buildings, you get back half of original price. So the more building cost reduction boost you have, the less cash you lose. I won't sell buildings that I have upgraded though as upgrade time is more valuable than money.

DFI
06-25-2013, 03:29 AM
Great point, and that is why I have never upgraded my nanos, space centers or rail guns as they are more of a piggy back if ever needed. I use that upgrade time for LEs or boosts.

Jasber
06-26-2013, 12:20 AM
HI generalpain...u share the same thoughts as me. I sell some of my buildings to get the limited buildings. Usually i sell my nanos, chemical plant and space center to get money.

Because i've been camping for a long time even before the factions started, I have my cement factory at level 10. So my buildings are cheaper. Now my iph is over 800k. I upgrade my base whenever possible. I usually sell level 1 buildings.

Becos the nanos and other buiildings will always be there. I can build them again anytime. I have the curragh, train station and tatra buildings. And i have 2 each of these buildings. ;)

btw I have added u..check out my base.

keeskiller
06-26-2013, 12:56 AM
great point, i did it too, sold my nanotech and nog building the Tarta Outpost. But i have two Curraghs but only one Santa Maria Train Station.. Now i think only one Tarta..

Now saving money to upgrade my vault for the next LE...

cheers

Padabatrat
06-26-2013, 04:10 AM
I used to pre-stage the bosses so when I reach my vault I had 4 or 5 bosses ready to hit then just spend the winnings on the building u want but u are obviously vulnerable to attack during this process!

LoveAndPeace
06-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Thanks, guys

Very inspiring trade off calculations ;)

I decided to regard my nanos as kind
of extended bank account.
So they won't get an upgrade.
All others bldngs are upgraded.

Selling upgraded bldngs is nonsense,
Due to lengthy time invested and
lack of upgr-more-than-0ne units here..
(in KA we have them)