PDA

View Full Version : Bonus for winning battle!

reras
06-22-2013, 01:16 AM
Suggestion, how come there is no bonus for winning a battle? As for now it doesn't really matter if you win or loose a battle. You get the very influence points your team score... Wouldn't it a good thing to reward the winning team with, lets say a % of the IP or a standard sum of X IP. That would make the team compete even more, and more gold for GREEd.

What do you guys think?

STOOL SAMPLE
06-22-2013, 01:19 AM
i like it...run it past gree

JonHanFord
06-22-2013, 01:44 AM
plus 1k ip for the winning synd.

STOOL SAMPLE
06-22-2013, 01:53 AM
more like 50k

reras
06-22-2013, 02:26 AM
The bonus can differs from where in the bracket you are. Maybe 1000 for top 4000 and 50000 for top 250 or something like that...

Zyklones
06-22-2013, 02:33 AM
Good idea !

Dunky
06-22-2013, 04:12 AM
Then why not give a bonus to the highest IP-scorer...

BigMoney
06-22-2013, 05:03 AM
Winning a battle is so meaningless, it's just about which team feels like spending more in a given matchup. Would probably encourage fewer battles, which then consolidates spending to a select few battles (as opposed to spenders currently spending gold throughout the weekend whenever they feel like). All the top teams know each others' weak points, and it seems unlikely teams will often "race" (which sort of happens now, just as a pride thing) each other. More like, "Oh, Top 10 team? Let's save gold for next battle. Top 50 team? Let's pour it on here."

Rewarding individual IP scorers would probably encourage more spending, and I hate you for the idea. There's no need for that.

Dunky
06-22-2013, 05:09 AM
Lol.. It was more like a sarcastic comment, Sorry man, my bad

BigMoney
06-22-2013, 05:15 AM
I was also joking. But really, I don't want to see another event designed to wring gold out of us.

Dunky
06-22-2013, 05:17 AM
I was also joking. But really, I don't want to see another event designed to wring gold out of us.
No that would be a nasty thing for gree to do haha. And would probably result in more errors than good things..

Alex_
06-22-2013, 05:23 AM
They could do a separate leader board based on wins. 3 points for a win 0 for a loss or -3 for a loss. Also a individual leader board would be nice like they have on modern war would be nice to get recognition and rewards for those in each syndicate who put in more time/effort and or gold during the war.

K-Dawg
06-22-2013, 05:46 AM
The bonus can differs from where in the bracket you are. Maybe 1000 for top 4000 and 50000 for top 250 or something like that...

and then you have everyone and their mother complaining about it not being fair and adds 1,000 more tickets gree has to deal with, its not worth it.

reras
06-22-2013, 06:47 AM
the whole idea was to implement something that made it worth winning a game...

reras
06-22-2013, 06:52 AM
the whole idea was to implement something that made it worth winning a game...

BigMoney
06-22-2013, 06:53 AM
They could do a separate leader board based on wins. 3 points for a win 0 for a loss or -3 for a loss. Also a individual leader board would be nice like they have on modern war would be nice to get recognition and rewards for those in each syndicate who put in more time/effort and or gold during the war.

They would need a more equitable matching system. I'm in a Top 25 that has matched five Top10s in a row. And again, wins and losses in an individual battle are meaningless. An individual leaderboard is a terrible idea. What purpose would an individual IP scoring leaderboard serve other than to encourage players to dump even more gold into a battle when their syndicate's placement is already well-established? That's not even a "fun" event. If you want recognition for throwing absurd amounts of money at an event, you can already chase collect-20 leaderboards.

Michel01
06-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Great idea... Maybe the competition feelings comes a little bit more

wa7sh
06-23-2013, 09:34 AM
winning is meaningless ,a bonus would be great.

bigmoney you a fan of cats?

Lars
06-23-2013, 01:00 PM
How about an ip bonus as a (small) percentage of the opponents total score? Would give a motivation to win against a strong team.

Ben Weston
06-23-2013, 02:12 PM
I definitely think there should be a point to winning a battle and completely agree that there should be bonuses for most IP scored in your syndicate, i'm in a top 500 syndicate and there is absolutely no incentive to carrying on fighting right now let alone spend gold doing so as we are comfortably in top 500 with no chance of making top 250. if there was a reward for say the top 3 or top 10 within a syndicate then I would have an incentive to push a bit more, i'm the top scorer at the moment and have been in a couple other battles.

BigMoney
06-23-2013, 05:27 PM
winning is meaningless ,a bonus would be great.

bigmoney you a fan of cats?

Yes.

I definitely think there should be a point to winning a battle and completely agree that there should be bonuses for most IP scored in your syndicate, i'm in a top 500 syndicate and there is absolutely no incentive to carrying on fighting right now let alone spend gold doing so as we are comfortably in top 500 with no chance of making top 250. if there was a reward for say the top 3 or top 10 within a syndicate then I would have an incentive to push a bit more, i'm the top scorer at the moment and have been in a couple other battles.

I think the idea was for Top IP earners overall. Top IP scorers in your syndicate is a silly idea, and more endemic of your problem in a lowly syndicate. Makes no sense to pit syndicate members against each other.

Kidkiller
06-23-2013, 05:33 PM
They would need a more equitable matching system. I'm in a Top 25 that has matched five Top10s in a row. And again, wins and losses in an individual battle are meaningless. An individual leaderboard is a terrible idea. What purpose would an individual IP scoring leaderboard serve other than to encourage players to dump even more gold into a battle when their syndicate's placement is already well-established? That's not even a "fun" event. If you want recognition for throwing absurd amounts of money at an event, you can already chase collect-20 leaderboards.
You are getting this too Big Money, faced top2 once and get 7top10 in a row, what a pain in the as*, we can't get alot of point as team is not tough enough to hold off top10 team and score atleast 200k IP.

And for your post just above mine its would be crazy as I have 3time the 2nd best IP earner IP.

montecore
06-23-2013, 06:16 PM
I think it's a good idea. The won/loss stats are basically pointless since it all comes down to how many points you score anyway.

dr007
06-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Great suggestion. Along the same line, I think the syndicate that loses the battle should lose points. Perhaps a bonus for the winning syndicate and the same % bonus as a loss for losing syndicate!

Suggestion, how come there is no bonus for winning a battle? As for now it doesn't really matter if you win or loose a battle. You get the very influence points your team score... Wouldn't it a good thing to reward the winning team with, lets say a % of the IP or a standard sum of X IP. That would make the team compete even more, and more gold for GREEd.

What do you guys think?

sister morphine
06-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Great suggestion. Along the same line, I think the syndicate that loses the battle should lose points. Perhaps a bonus for the winning syndicate and the same % bonus as a loss for losing syndicate!
I think that's a bad idea, as your win/loss ratio is entirely dictated by the matching system. What is there in it for the couple of examples above of top 25 teams being matched against top 10s except to lose ip while luckier rivals in the same tier move ahead

The Billionaire
06-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Winning a battle does need to have some meaning.

Gree, Please implement this.

crazymac
06-24-2013, 02:11 AM
i suggest a award for every fight you win starting with like a 20/20 bomb for a streak of 1 . streak of 2 gets like a 40/40 prise and keep going up to like a streak of ten

Rastas
06-24-2013, 02:17 AM
I think that's a bad idea, as your win/loss ratio is entirely dictated by the matching system. What is there in it for the couple of examples above of top 25 teams being matched against top 10s except to lose ip while luckier rivals in the same tier move ahead

If it is a small bonus of 1,000 influence points then it would be a good idea but if it were 10,000 or more it could cause problems.

A nice little win bonus would be good I think.