PDA

View Full Version : Check your XP - mine is skyrocketing up

Cxxxmm
06-21-2013, 02:25 PM
No matter what I do I level up by at least 50 xp. Sometimes it is much more. I started at less than midway on level 93 at level 40 of the dark wander quest. Now i am about to go to level 95 and still have 3 more kills on level 41. This is insane.

Anything i do i level up - i did not raid until the boss event started - killed a goblin and moved up over 50. I login - my XP has increased. I do nothing but collect gold from my buildings - XP goes up.

Please fix this.

E-I
06-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Jesus Christ. Seriously Gree?

mtlfce
06-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Similar things happening to me, though not as severe... Been killing 1xp mobs to summon the boss, but I'm noticing quite often I've been receiving 15+ xp per kill (mobs, not boss)

hasnt happened every time, but enough that I'm worried about prematurely leveling out of my bracket

N0etic
06-21-2013, 02:45 PM
I gained at least 8 levels on the current LTQ before they fixed it. I wish I had known the XP would be fixed before I started.

Cxxxmm
06-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Getting 30 XP on a goblin kill and boss event refuses to launch -am I the only one with this problem?

King Ben
06-21-2013, 09:46 PM
You're not alone. I gain XP simply by returning from LTQ to the kingdom. It is 25 per hit in LTQ, in addition to XP already earned in LTQ. Leveling up too fast ........

King Ben
06-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Raid is more likely to trigger boss. After completion of 1 boss level, I typically wait about 5 minutes to raid so as to trigger boss. Try it and see how it goes. Cheers !!!

Proprioc3ption
06-21-2013, 09:56 PM
I too am experiencing this with my LLP. GREE really needs to nut these issues out before making events live. People are paying good money to play so we shouldn't get half finished, glitche filled events.

Quick
06-22-2013, 01:37 AM
I for one, would seriously like Gree to look at the dynamic of this game. This is the only platform where it seems you're punished for being a higher level player.

Hersh
06-23-2013, 04:37 PM
What is being done about this? I've gained 3 levels in the last day. I get 25xp when I vault, when I go to my kingdom, and when I log in. This is craziness. I doubt I'll have my level rolled back (even though I should), how is GREE planning on making this up to people? A mountain of gems? cause that 50gems as an I'm sorry wont cut it. Anyone had a response to any tickets? Anyone have any temporary solutions to make it stop? Gotta deal with it until I beat this level of the LTQ...

Ratma2001
06-23-2013, 05:16 PM
no response from Gree on this but just send in ticket and wait..wait...wait, you will not get anything out of it due to the fact that there is nothing wrong with it..they fixed it ...when it wasnt broken and now look at it...what an absolute cluster f this has turned into

jonny0284
06-23-2013, 05:23 PM
what an absolute cluster f this has turned into

Tell me how you really feel , brother. ;)

Shluggy
06-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Yep, happened to me too. was just looking at how many xp points i didn't want to gain to level up again and BAM hit with over 100 xp, for nothing!! i watched it happen. I won't bother with the ticket to Gree, the best they can do is 'send us a screenshot' well i don't have one from before and after obviously, it happened so quick and unexpected! Oh well, up another level!

Ratma2001
06-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Tell me how you really feel , brother. ;)

O.K , it all started about 12 months ago when i....yardy yardy yah ! and then..although it could have been...not sure.

but the way i look at it , this all started when then LTQ happened along high XP was the order of the day, Gree in their wisdom (still dumbfoundered at this) adjusted the XP to suit the "Wingers" in the Hundreds** so adjust it they must to bring in more $$$, o.k done..all late starters get the cream of the crop, low XP and not as many level ups as those that started early ! chooice for them, us early starters had to suck it up and cop it on the chin...now everyone who started late is complaing about the extra XP? Really ! it could be worse they could have got the same points as me then have something to really complain about ! so now does Gree revert this to even lower again ...no just let it go and the ones who complain about should cop it on the chin..late justice i feel.
Dont winge about the XP no one ask you to participate in the event...sound familar ? dont send tickets they will not get answered and the event will be finished by then anyways, so it wont matter...but if Gree do DO something again, i will then explete my vocal outrage .

Hersh
06-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Just curious as this thread's been here for days, and none of us have seen a reaponse in game (I have several friends who have sent tickets in days ago) and have not seen this addressed, with all of your many posts put out in the last couple days. I understand you folks have a lot to deal with, but some of us are being penalized for LOGGING IN TO THE GAME, let alone participating in anything. I for one spend money on this game, and the lack of response to me or anyone else with this problem really disheartens me, and it certainly doesn't make me wan to spend more of my money on the game.

Is this a permanent problem?

Is anyone working on fixing this?

If this is fixed, how will we be compensated? Will levels be rolled back (I doubt it, but since we did nothing to earn the xp/levels, that is what you should happen)? Will we be awarded a mountain of gems (like I said earlier, 50 gems doesn't make up for 4-10levels without gaining anything)?

How long do we have to wait for a response/fix?

Again, I understand you guys have a lot on your plate, and I do not mean to be rude or belligerent, butthis is very frustrating, is completely ruining the strategy I've been following for MONTHS in the game, and after everything I've heard from people in game and on the forums, I'm fearful that this won't be resolved (in which case I'll leave), or that it won't be handled to a satisfactory level (in which case I don't feel safe spending my money anymore)

Please help and advise Sirius/CJ!!

Shluggy
06-23-2013, 06:25 PM
O.K , it all started about 12 months ago when i....yardy yardy yah ! and then..although it could have been...not sure.

but the way i look at it , this all started when then LTQ happened along high XP was the order of the day, Gree in their wisdom (still dumbfoundered at this) adjusted the XP to suit the "Wingers" in the Hundreds** so adjust it they must to bring in more $$$, o.k done..all late starters get the cream of the crop, low XP and not as many level ups as those that started early ! chooice for them, us early starters had to suck it up and cop it on the chin...now everyone who started late is complaing about the extra XP? Really ! it could be worse they could have got the same points as me then have something to really complain about ! so now does Gree revert this to even lower again ...no just let it go and the ones who complain about should cop it on the chin..late justice i feel.
Dont winge about the XP no one ask you to participate in the event...sound familar ? dont send tickets they will not get answered and the event will be finished by then anyways, so it wont matter...but if Gree do DO something again, i will then explete my vocal outrage .

Just to clarify, I started this ltq within the first hour of it starting and gained 3 levels on the first day, and if your message was aimed anywhere in my direction, if you read my post I'm only sharing my experiences in the game and actually I didn't moan about Gree, that is the best they can do, I can't prove anything. I have let it go, I just like to join in on the forum for the game I enjoy and if I have a problem with the game I come here to see if anyone else is having the same, it's comforting when others are (unfortunately). As i say, Oh well, (as in - nevermind) up another level. You guys are always quick to slate people for just sharing their experiences. No one asked you to participate in reading the thread. Sorry to be blunt but this is not the first time I've seen this, why can't people just be nice and helpful on here!!

Ratma2001
06-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Just to clarify, I started this ltq within the first hour of it starting and gained 3 levels on the first day, and if your message was aimed anywhere in my direction, if you read my post I'm only sharing my experiences in the game and actually I didn't moan about Gree, that is the best they can do, I can't prove anything. I have let it go, I just like to join in on the forum for the game I enjoy and if I have a problem with the game I come here to see if anyone else is having the same, it's comforting when others are (unfortunately). As i say, Oh well, (as in - nevermind) up another level. You guys are always quick to slate people for just sharing their experiences. No one asked you to participate in reading the thread. Sorry to be blunt but this is not the first time I've seen this, why can't people just be nice and helpful on here!!

Dont shoot me, im in the same boat as you started LTQ when got the splash screen, i was aiming at the persons whom started days after us got the lowerXP gain and now are on the winge wagon.
Nioce and Helpful would be good if Gree came to the party and offered those that started early 821Gems like i stated earlier in another thread on this, but fell on deaf ears, i sent tickets and again nojoy, so i just has out on those that started late and NOW are winging about the extra XP....cry me a river, they should have started when we did.
most of the time i am helpful towards others but they must first require help or guidence

KennyFPU
06-23-2013, 07:27 PM
You could quit doing the quest and do the boss event no more xp problems and I agree I leveled three times this LTQ and I really didn't want to level that fast either

Shluggy
06-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Dont shoot me, im in the same boat as you started LTQ when got the splash screen, i was aiming at the persons whom started days after us got the lowerXP gain and now are on the winge wagon.
Nioce and Helpful would be good if Gree came to the party and offered those that started early 821Gems like i stated earlier in another thread on this, but fell on deaf ears, i sent tickets and again nojoy, so i just has out on those that started late and NOW are winging about the extra XP....cry me a river, they should have started when we did.
most of the time i am helpful towards others but they must first require help or guidence

Ok, then it's cool :-) not cool about the gems and the XP but cool that we're in the same boat! Awful about the gems, I hope they do something for you. I try not to moan too much on here, just share experience and ask for help when I need it. I did when I first started on the forum but got some backlash that was probably deserved. Also I'm scared to say most of what's in my head because freedom of speech sometimes doesn't apply on here and I don't want to 'disappear'!
Anyway, I can live with my sudden rise in levels cos I can't do anything about it now! There's a lot not to like about the way the game is run and the way it messes up etc, but there is also a lot to like too. Otherwise we wouldn't all still be playing it! At the end of the day, that's what it is - a game and I for one pay my money because I can and want to. It's my choice and if they mess with my cash (which I've been lucky enough not have happen yet) they will get an earful from me :-)

Hersh
06-23-2013, 07:41 PM
You could quit doing the quest and do the boss event no more xp problems and I agree I leveled three times this LTQ and I really didn't want to level that fast either

Is this aimed at me? If so, as I said, I get xp for logging in, vaulting, switching maps, and whenever the boss event has popped up. I've already completed the boss event. As much as I understand this sucks, it's not my
Fault, and I shouldn't be penalized for crappy coding.

If not aimed at me, then sorry :P

Ratma2001
06-23-2013, 07:50 PM
So heres the crux of it...started LTQ when got the splash screen...excessive XP but we all knew that....some complained too much , whilst most of us were already at 35+ level in LTQ, Gree changed XP with out notification and lowered it for more players to participate..no re-imbursement for us levelling so fast , no apology ! now players are complaing about an extra 20-30XP on play....OMG stop the world i want to get off, try hitting the LTQ with 125XP everytime !, yes we winged when it was changed cause we got shafted on it...now you want Gree to look after your 20-30 Extra.....as follows
Same as previous fix from gree for early starters..
1] grab glass of water
2] Find rapid set concrete from store
3] mix 3 Tablespoons per glass of water
4] stir until consistent and thick
5] Drink and harden up
as per what gree offered us this is by far the Bittersweet revenge to all

TFO Sir Skip
06-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Anybody see that ball rolling around? It got dropped. I'm in the same boat as many with the early ltq participation, not holding my breath. A couple in my guild are getting Xp for basically any action that has never incurred Xp. Vaulting, changing maps, etc. It appears this glitch has been affecting several people, as I know of several. If anyone gets any word of any fix, please share with us what you did, but, like I said, I'm not holding my breath.

Ratma2001
06-24-2013, 12:17 AM
LTQ has finished and got my Elephant and as White as it maybe (yes pun intended ) and yes it did cost me but I'm happy with that, what I'm not happy about is the continuous XP glitch that has everyone in an uproar!
Gree you need to address this ASAP , no re-imbursments no gems no sorry's no nothing, shame , it's like burning the candle at both ends....haha .... Early starters got penalized for starting early huge xp gain...late starters getting their come upance also with xp given for vaulting...just have to remember its all down hill from here!

E-I
06-24-2013, 06:07 AM
Gree, just level us all to 200 and let the chips land where they may. :)

Cxxxmm
06-24-2013, 07:41 AM
I received a response to my ticket. They said the issue is fixed and if not the case to respond to their response, which I did.

My problem is that I no longer know if my xp is increasing in the wrong manner - it just keeps increasing.

Sometimes it increases when I vault - sometimes it doesn't - but than I just notice that it has increased

I will soon hit the 100 level mark - which means I have moved up another tier which will make my future quests much harder to accomplish than if I had leveled up normally. Makes it very difficult if someone is striving to have an attack 4x your level.

But hey - no penalties :(

Hersh
06-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Really though?

Colony Colonel
06-24-2013, 07:49 AM
I haven't noticed this for my experience... but I have noticed that I complete part of an LTQ and then my money decreases slightly. I guess it is all related though.

Shinazueli
06-24-2013, 11:27 AM
This is simple, guys. You aren't gaining xp for vaulting or going back to your kingdom. This is a server side game. what does that mean, you ask?

Well, Timmy, here's what that means. It means there's very little actual code on your phone/tablet. What little there is is just simple timers and server requests for information and a GUI. That's it. Any and all actual calculations are done on Gree servers. This is done because your device cannot handle the coding requirements. The drawback is that you must be connected to the Internet to play, and you must reconnect every time you want to do anything.

So what does all of that mean?! Well, you leave your kingdom to go to a map. The map itself is likely stored on phone, but the game needs to load the monsters from the server, because it doesn't know how much health each monster has (remaining) and how much gold/xp to award when it dies. So now you're on a map. You dare to attack said monster. Now your game connects to the server to ask how much damage you did, how much health the monster has left, and if the monster is still alive. Then it can redraw the red bar above its head. Lets say it has a sliver of health left. So, you attack it again. This time, it dies. Now, the game has previously loaded the experience and gold value from the server so that it can display it on the UI. Here's the rub:This number cannot be changed on your map without a client side data push, or for more extreme changes, a full client recompile (update from App Store). So when they change the xp (or gold) server side, but not client side, your game awards what it thinks is the proper amount of experience or gold. Yay. But when it reconnects to the server for any reason(!!!!)(since Gree finally wised up and put a check in for gold and xp on the server side to prevent hacking [not that they bother to retroactively fix blatant hacking, but that's another topic]) the server corrects the clients values for xp/gold awarded. This can result in changes to your current gold/xp in the positive OR negative direction. This is what you are seeing.

Now, for the opinionated section. A responsible developer would test these changes before releasing them.. But all they give a (feces) about is profit. So, this is what we get. Take it or leave it.

Punzar
06-24-2013, 07:00 PM
How about that Dwarven Mines (fully mastered) is giving about 2.5 times the shown XP value per hit and about 6.5 times the gold when you kill something?

I'd make a separate thread about this, but these problems are so numerous, I'm not sure what is a separate issue and what isn't.

Shinazueli
06-24-2013, 07:34 PM
How about that Dwarven Mines (fully mastered) is giving about 2.5 times the shown XP value per hit and about 6.5 times the gold when you kill something?

I'd make a separate thread about this, but these problems are so numerous, I'm not sure what is a separate issue and what isn't.

That's the same bug. The UI doesn't show map mastery affected xp or gold.

Punzar
06-25-2013, 02:47 AM
That's the same bug. The UI doesn't show map mastery affected xp or gold.

So only Dwarven Mines is affected and they decided to award 2.5 times the previously shown XP and 6.5 times the gold? I've tested other maps and the UI is now showing the correct gold/XP thats awarded server side. Only DM is correcting, but by ridiculously huge amounts.

Hersh
06-26-2013, 08:10 AM
still no GREE response of any kind? I am unable to play the game, should I take this to mean that GREE doesnt care about me, or my money? Never heard of customer care taking so long, or being so unresponsive

Mickeytah
06-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Everything seems to be normal now for me. I'm no longer getting level 1 gold for level 5 mastered maps, and I am no longer getting a buttload of extra gold for level 5 maps.

Cxxxmm
06-27-2013, 01:38 PM
received an updated response stating that they can't do much for me given I am not using the most updated version - they sent this out the day of the new release lol

never received any acknowledgement of the high xp nor any mention from Gree about this issue. Just a boiler plate response to my response to their first boiler plate response

Not sure why they even bother to respond - perhaps to just send out a customer satisfaction survey :)

for me the issue is over - but left a very bad taste - I can see why players are leaving this game

Punzar
06-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Everything seems to be normal now for me. I'm no longer getting level 1 gold for level 5 mastered maps, and I am no longer getting a buttload of extra gold for level 5 maps.

I can confirm this. Although, the first problem you mention was fixed and I was still having the extra gold/xp. Now they both seem to be resolved.

Hersh
06-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Lol, but where is the gree response? I for one would like to see some compensation.

Shinazueli
06-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Lol, but where is the gree response? I for one would like to see some compensation.

Yeah good luck with that. Stand in line.

Punzar
06-28-2013, 08:46 AM
I only expect "compensation" when either I lose gems or real money, or if something hugely egregious happens that causes game imbalance. And in the latter case, the 'compensation' should be about restoring the balance, not getting something for free because I was inconvenienced. Neither of those things happened here, everyone had the same disadvantage. I'm satisfied that its fixed, no compensation is warranted.

Mickeytah
06-28-2013, 08:55 AM
G
I only expect "compensation" when either I lose gems or real money, or if something hugely egregious happens that causes game imbalance. And in the latter case, the 'compensation' should be about restoring the balance, not getting something for free because I was inconvenienced. Neither of those things happened here, everyone had the same disadvantage. I'm satisfied that its fixed, no compensation is warranted.

You, sir, have a good head on your shoulders. If this were facebook I'd like this post and share it.

jonny0284
06-28-2013, 11:33 AM

Pure gold. :) I'm glad there's a few people like you on this forum.

Mickeytah
06-29-2013, 12:35 AM
Pure gold. :) I'm glad there's a few people like you on this forum.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/armybratgurl500/Funny%20WWE%20Pics/CMPunkIKR.jpg