PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Factions Event..!

Gambit12
06-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Tournament of Factions again for the 2nd straight week. Probably a weekly event nowadays...

Any thoughts about this tournament event? Who likes it & why you don't like this event?

Roscoe782
06-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Nice prizes for the xp......lol

Auspex
06-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Really can't be bothered to play this event at all. If by some random fluke I happen to place either in the faction or individual score, (highly unlikely), then I will take the trinket offered but why bother working for it? If this event lasted for a simple 3 hour burst I'd play it hard but it will always be days of playtime required and I can't spend that on a cell phone game.

MadFox
06-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Really can't be bothered to play this event at all. If by some random fluke I happen to place either in the faction or individual score, (highly unlikely), then I will take the trinket offered but why bother working for it? If this event lasted for a simple 3 hour burst I'd play it hard but it will always be days of playtime required and I can't spend that on a cell phone game.

But you get some bits and bytes formed to some virtual units which you can look at in your inventory!
There is no better option...what else should we do???

GQNammmer
06-21-2013, 01:49 PM
I enjoy pvp so these events are good for me! Tried to camp on my mini acct but i just cant stand that play style just to get some extra prizes during boss events. To each their own though

Rowdydowdy
06-21-2013, 01:57 PM
I enjoy pvp so these events are good for me! Tried to camp on my mini acct but i just cant stand that play style just to get some extra prizes during boss events. To each their own though

These events are anti camping. So now that your style of play has changed you'll enjoy this load. However when you get to where you want to progress with a plan you'll hate the event.

Web323
06-21-2013, 02:01 PM
The new LTQ with the event is nice since it changes the way I went about the last event.

thunder
06-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Its a really good event. But space it out a little.'

sraghav42
06-21-2013, 08:25 PM
It really needs to be spaced out

vball
06-21-2013, 08:49 PM
I worry about the dramatic inflation on unit stats that we have seen in KA and now seeing more and more here.

Much of it is us as we complain that units are not good enough, so we are part of the blame, but the dramatic inflation is quite problematic to me.

honest Abe
06-21-2013, 09:08 PM
You do all understand that June 30 is quarter end for earnings don't you?

Roscoe782
06-21-2013, 09:14 PM
You are telling me this us about goating people into gold spending?!?!? That this is about.....money???? No way bro;)

Q Raider
06-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Couldn't access game at all last week when this Event was on.

Can access it this week but can't attack anyone as game crashes.

No point in keeping the game going now with this going on.

Guess the Faction will be getting one final very large donation in a few days....

possum
06-21-2013, 09:51 PM
These events are played out. I glance at the leader board and honestly laugh and pity those people. Empathy is a great human skill, but this is one of those things where I can a walk a mile in another man's shoe and I still can't rationalize what motivates these people. I honestly can't.

Anonymously Yours
06-21-2013, 10:12 PM
These events are played out. I glance at the leader board and honestly laugh and pity those people. Empathy is a great human skill, but this is one of those things where I can a walk a mile in another man's shoe and I still can't rationalize what motivates these people. I honestly can't.

it is odd, isn't it?
But, there's 90% (or more) of this sad little tale that can't be seen, and shan't be mentioned for fear of angering the MONKEY.
He'll just go on and ON about THEIR time in the outBACK.
Have you heard the one about ADDIng new members to your faCTION?
Yeah, be careful, bro.
It's a very touchy subject, mate.

Big John
06-23-2013, 07:22 AM
If a player leaves or gets booted during these events then what happens to their points?

keeskiller
06-23-2013, 09:49 AM
space it out plz!

Gambit12
06-23-2013, 08:41 PM
I think tournament of faction is a big bait like what happened to that event that reach Lv 250 in a month & receive the Mig 250. Gree wants you to rank up fast with low stats so that you'll give off BPs against low ranks with higher stats...

And this will affect your WD points during WD event...

jorgeMW
06-23-2013, 10:56 PM
It sucks how there isn't a Top 50/75/500 prize tier.

Brummied
06-24-2013, 04:06 AM
I prefer pvp to actual wd events, lets bin them as they cost a fortune over one weekend, you'd be hard pressed to spend anywhere near the gold in this faction v faction and therefore , dedication and skill have to some measure returned! I typed messages using the in game chat for the first time in months actually enjoying the event, plan to focus on these and bin the wd spend! Cheers Gree your finally saving my doh!

Jacko99
06-25-2013, 05:38 AM
I agree Brummied (and well done on your top 50 finish), I enjoyed this event more than WD, less emphasis on spending and more on ''persistance'' (effort).

BostonHammer
06-25-2013, 07:06 AM
Agreed. Takes a little more skill and patience (I only have 14 stamina and no gold). The battle for top 10,000 was intense. Finally finished 9300+.

Eye opening how many top 100 factions have 60 members...very interesting.

sraghav42
06-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Although the prizes are not good but I love these events cause they create a feeling of competitiveness among faction members

thunder
06-25-2013, 07:44 AM
I love this event. Best part of mw imo. Doesnt cost much to be competive. I was 84 with a hour and 15 minutes left. Had to start work. Couldnt get internet connection at work. Knew for sure i was going to lose my top 100 spot. But barely made it. Ended up with 99.