PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Problems

big-dawg
06-21-2013, 07:01 AM
Gree
I am writing to ask you to provide all game players a better and more comprehensive set of instructions on how to transfer games between devices. The old method seemed more than adequate and did not require a computer to make a transfer. The new method not only seems to require a computer, but based on the messages here, seems to be plagued by numerous issues. Perhaps we are not doing it correctly?

Second, I recommend you create a separate contact form for recovering lost accounts. This has been a problem for some time as Gree is well aware of. In fact, one of my faction members has had her account lost in the cloud for up to a month now with no resolution. It is extremely frustrating to have spent so much time and money on a game and not have the support from the developer in these situations. Clearly the system that is in place is not working great best I can tell.

I look forward to hearing from you as to how the transfer game issue will be addressed in addition to how Gree will be handling lost accounts moving forward.

mickymacirl
06-21-2013, 07:08 AM
"We recently changed the way transfers work in the game, in an effort to make it more simple for players. If you still have your old device, please sync/back up your account to either iTunes or iCloud. Next, sync your new device with either iTunes or iCloud and restore data. When you open the game on your new device, you will be prompted to restore your data. Please click yes; you should now have your account restored to continue playing the game."

big-dawg
06-21-2013, 09:18 AM
I will try that but I am having a hard time understanding how adding a pc into the transfer requirements makes anything simpler. Also I don't understand why the legacy method wAsnt removed as that is confusing to still have that as an option if it doesn't work.

Please PM me back with a method on getting my friend some attention on her account which has been in limbo for a month.

Thank you

MWaddict
06-21-2013, 10:59 AM
"We recently changed the way transfers work in the game, in an effort to make it more simple for players. If you still have your old device, please sync/back up your account to either iTunes or iCloud. Next, sync your new device with either iTunes or iCloud and restore data. When you open the game on your new device, you will be prompted to restore your data. Please click yes; you should now have your account restored to continue playing the game."

GREEd, made it complicated with this new procedure....

big-dawg
06-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Simple usually doesnt introduce new hardware into the equation. It only adds complexity and a variable into the process that was already working. Also, I can no longer transfer between devices unless I am in front of the computer that has my ITUNES account on it. Therefore, it is quite limiting. In fact, I tried the above "solution" and in fact, it does not work. The device "stays" on the old device and the new device never gets updated with the account information. Best I can tell, it does not work at all. Gree, please go back to the other "more complicated" solution.

Teddy23p
06-21-2013, 04:45 PM
I want to transfer my game from my iPad to my iPhone but I accidentally typed in the wrong funzio ID number. Now in the games FAQ it tells me to delete the app and reinstall it and it clears out the Funzio ID but you don't loose your progress. I don't understand how this can be the case. If I delete it, I delete the data. Do will my progress be saved. Can someone please help with how I can transfer the game and fix my funzio ID.

Thanks, Tamika

junkkicker
06-21-2013, 05:00 PM
All the game data is stored on their servers... once you reinstall wait a few minutes for the games servers to sync with your device and you will not lose any data.

I want to transfer my game from my iPad to my iPhone but I accidentally typed in the wrong funzio ID number. Now in the games FAQ it tells me to delete the app and reinstall it and it clears out the Funzio ID but you don't loose your progress. I don't understand how this can be the case. If I delete it, I delete the data. Do will my progress be saved. Can someone please help with how I can transfer the game and fix my funzio ID.

Thanks, Tamika

IchibanOyabun
06-21-2013, 05:03 PM
I was wondering how long it takes to get a response to an email to tech support. I had my phone screen crash. So I had to replace my phone. I can't get into the game and I want to transfer it to my new phone. I emailed about a week ago. Thanks for the game it has its quirks but its the only game i enjoy playing!!
; )

Snipey
06-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Wtf can someone please explain how to transfer accounts between devices now it doesn't work!

Snipey
06-21-2013, 06:28 PM
It says old device was never selected but I assure u it was

Teddy23p
06-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks junkkicker. I did it and you were right it saved however now that I try and transfer my game on the new device it logs me in and ask if I want to transfer the game. When I say yes it thinks for a little while then tells me that the is no game to transfer. I have set it up on the old device so I don't know what the problem is... I need to move the game because my iPad needs to be replaced.

Any advice would really help.

Thanks,
Tamika

All the game data is stored on their servers... once you reinstall wait a few minutes for the games servers to sync with your device and you will not lose any data.

B-Rad_B
06-23-2013, 04:34 AM
I brought a iPhone 5 yesterday in which I traded in my old 4s. I tried to transfer the game from old phone to my new but kept getting an error message of " no account associated with that funizo ID". Now I used to transfer my sons account from his iPhone to my iPod all the time during wars so I could play while he was at school. The game used to transfer very easy without any problems. When I connected my phone to my pc and loaded with my back up the game came over but it loaded as a new account. I am very upset that I can't get it to switch over. I have submitted a ticket and waiting to hear back from support, however if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Rocky1986
06-23-2013, 04:38 AM
My Phone Had To Be Reset Due To Software Issues, And I Cant Recover My Game Data At All, I Have All The Details For My Char And I Have Emailed Support But Its Been A Week And They Havent Replied

Hondo
06-23-2013, 05:31 AM
I brought a iPhone 5 yesterday in which I traded in my old 4s. I tried to transfer the game from old phone to my new but kept getting an error message of " no account associated with that funizo ID". Now I used to transfer my sons account from his iPhone to my iPod all the time during wars so I could play while he was at school. The game used to transfer very easy without any problems. When I connected my phone to my pc and loaded with my back up the game came over but it loaded as a new account. I am very upset that I can't get it to switch over. I have submitted a ticket and waiting to hear back from support, however if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

I had the same issue when I bought the iPhone 5. I was lucky that I still had my old phone and could play on the wifi. Gree will have to do the transfer themselves. Not much else you can do but wait for their response, whenever that might be. Good luck.

Katt Dog
06-23-2013, 06:12 AM
Help! My husband has sent an email to transfer his game from his old phone to his new phone. Your simply solutions above DO NOT work. Please give a solution! He has to much time invested into your game.

Katt Dog
06-23-2013, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the reply Hondo!

Generik79
06-23-2013, 05:27 PM
I refuse to even try this transfer method no matter how many times Micky Mac IRL or Sirius or whoever post the instructions. This is a massive leap backwards for player ease of use. Dozens have posted here stating they've lost their accounts in process. I will not partake in it and I suggest NO ONE TRY TRANSFERRING until we get the devs to automate and simplify the process. It's hard to believe it was made MORE DIFFICULT and rolled out with a claim of simplification for players. Then again, why should that be hard to believe. Come on GREE. Please.

v8mustang
06-23-2013, 07:21 PM
I have iPad and iPhone accounts and I want to switch between them, but I cannot. I want to. And when I tr to make a transfer, it would say old account was not associated.

Scotch Ego
06-24-2013, 02:51 AM

I had the same error message with an iPad upgrade and the same result,when I reloaded from iTunes.

Sorry to hear you're still waiting for a response. I've yet to break the news to my faction.

Rocky1986
06-24-2013, 04:24 AM
I had the same error message with an iPad upgrade and the same result,when I reloaded from iTunes.

Sorry to hear you're still waiting for a response. I've yet to break the news to my faction.

i cant even get in contact with my faction, i dont know the invite code and i have been searching through the faction list for a week now and still havent found it, and i search for them about 60 times or more a day!

Rocky1986
06-24-2013, 04:26 AM
has anyone ever had there account data restored by support?, or does support actually not exist and there just trying to get every dollar out of us instead?

gambit8110
06-24-2013, 05:09 AM
My Phone Had To Be Reset Due To Software Issues, And I Cant Recover My Game Data At All, I Have All The Details For My Char And I Have Emailed Support But Its Been A Week And They Havent Replied

i am having the same issues man...been too long of a response...hopefully i wont be kicked out my clan..

Rocky1986
06-24-2013, 07:07 AM
i am having the same issues man...been too long of a response...hopefully i wont be kicked out my clan..

i have been trying to find my faction on the faction list but its never there, i see alot of the same ones show up tho, do you know if there is a certain reason as to why that is?
yeah im trying to let my faction know not to kick me, i am a officer but that wont stop them if im inactive to long

Rocky1986
06-24-2013, 07:11 AM

i have a tablet so i can search on there with the game, but i cant find it, gimme your account name and what faction your in, if i see your faction i will let them know, (who founded the clan as well)

my Id is Rocky and faction name is cannonfodder brigade (founder is cannonfodder)

Teddy23p
06-25-2013, 02:37 PM
I have the same problem and support has yet to get back to me. I have spent plenty of money on the game and it is really frustrating that the developers don't seem to care enough to respond. And there message a bout having a heavy volume doesn't help. Hire more people you are making enough to afford it.

I have iPad and iPhone accounts and I want to switch between them, but I cannot. I want to. And when I tr to make a transfer, it would say old account was not associated.

jchow69
06-25-2013, 02:39 PM
I have the same problem and support has yet to get back to me. I have spent plenty of money on the game and it is really frustrating that the developers don't seem to care enough to respond. And there message a bout having a heavy volume doesn't help. Hire more people you are making enough to afford it.

I'm trying to transfer between iPod and iPad, but it wouldn't transfer. Can the problem please be fixed? Thank you.

RetroEd
06-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Sadly one of our best players is encountering the same issues and this will loose us a lot of WD Points in Poland - and Gree will loose a lot of cash. We are having to consider dropping him, but alas, we have to consider the bigger picture.

Gree - its been going on for ages now, but please can you look into General Curtis, level 143 and get the transfer sorted? thanks

ProCision
06-25-2013, 05:08 PM
To get your accounts back is easy - I was going to post this days ago but it will get deleted and I will get banned now I don't care. BTW I have android but still want to help.

Jail break your apple (or get a jailbroken apple)

Download on your computer Modern War 3.6.1 IPA google it or send me a PM and I will send you a link.

Uninstall Modern War

Hook up apple to computer and install the MW IPA you downloaded, this can be done through iTunes.

run modern war

aren't you glad to see your base? Now DO NOT update until they fix their problems

This wont work if you are on a new device that you never played MW on.

To get your account on your new device follow the same steps as above and follow these other steps to get your account.

In cydia add the BYA repo (google it) and download UDID Faker from that repo.

Take the UDID from the old device (you can find this on the gree ticket you sent in and type it in place of whats showing for the MW udid. HIT ENTER <----- you must hit enter

Load the game and play

DO NOT update MW to 3.7

jchow69
06-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Too much work and too risky.

helloooOonurse
06-25-2013, 05:51 PM
can anyone verify if these instructions are successful?

1. connect old ios device via usb
2. open itunes
3. click on your device under "DEVICES" located on the left-hand side
4. go to FILE > DEVICES > TRANSFER PURCHASES located on the top left hand side of computer screen
5. disconnect old ios device and connect new device
6. repeat 2 and 3
7. click APPS in iTunes located on the middle top
8. scroll through apps and locate modern war
9. drag and drop modern war app towards the right hand side window.
(this should be a mirror of your 2nd iOS device)

modern war app and data should be transferred over. can anyone verify this?

ProCision
06-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Too much work and too risky.

to risky? did your mom tell you that? you mommas boy you.

scalpel
06-26-2013, 01:03 PM
still cant transfer between iphone and ipad like i used to

Maverick0073
06-26-2013, 01:30 PM
All these people complaining need to be investigated to see if they exploited the scratch cards every time they transferred the game from one device another. As they used to be reset

deaddan
06-27-2013, 04:41 AM
I'll be switching from a andriod Gs3 to a apple I5 (i have no choice) will my modern war account be able to make the transfer?? any help would be greatly appreciated... i have alot of time ,and money tied up into this game...

stealyourface
06-27-2013, 04:46 AM
Cant go between iOS and Droid :(

deaddan
06-27-2013, 06:18 AM
Thank you, i was afraid of that :( i'll have to get a droid tablet... any suggestions? (cheaper the better)

wilsontint
06-27-2013, 06:53 AM
Negative.....

can anyone verify if these instructions are successful?

1. connect old ios device via usb
2. open itunes
3. click on your device under "DEVICES" located on the left-hand side
4. go to FILE > DEVICES > TRANSFER PURCHASES located on the top left hand side of computer screen
5. disconnect old ios device and connect new device
6. repeat 2 and 3
7. click APPS in iTunes located on the middle top
8. scroll through apps and locate modern war
9. drag and drop modern war app towards the right hand side window.
(this should be a mirror of your 2nd iOS device)

modern war app and data should be transferred over. can anyone verify this?

helloooOonurse
06-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Negative.....

i figured. definitely a problem at the developer end... GREE!
i searched through google and found third party apps that will transfer app and app data but i'm not sure if it's allowed? PM'd a mod but still no response. app names are called iexplorer and apptrans. seems to be popular for angrybird players for game transfers between ios devices. can CJ or SIRIUS confirm if these third party transferring apps are allowed?

ProCision
06-27-2013, 01:02 PM
To get your accounts back is easy - I was going to post this days ago but it will get deleted and I will get banned now I don't care. BTW I have android but still want to help.

Jail break your apple (or get a jailbroken apple)

Download on your computer Modern War 3.6.1 IPA google it or send me a PM and I will send you a link.

Uninstall Modern War

Hook up apple to computer and install the MW IPA you downloaded, this can be done through iTunes.

run modern war

aren't you glad to see your base? Now DO NOT update until they fix their problems

This wont work if you are on a new device that you never played MW on.

To get your account on your new device follow the same steps as above and follow these other steps to get your account.

In cydia add the BYA repo (google it) and download UDID Faker from that repo.

Take the UDID from the old device (you can find this on the gree ticket you sent in and type it in place of whats showing for the MW udid. HIT ENTER <----- you must hit enter

Load the game and play

DO NOT update MW to 3.7

M'Boa Ana
06-28-2013, 05:27 PM
I have been trying to transfer my KA game from my old iPhone 4 to my new iPhone 5, I have tried the in game transfer method, with no luck. I have tried the thru my computer method with no luck. I have written to Gree a few times but the last suggestion they sent I tried( the computer method) & it has been 2 weeks & still no more help from Gree. apple tried to help, but still no luck.
Please what to do?

Generik79
06-28-2013, 11:59 PM
You CANNOT CURRENTLY TRANSFER. STOP TRYING.

Lumbee
07-01-2013, 07:28 PM
If Gree can not find my account can they at least transfer my faction to one of the officers?

Dezzyray
08-15-2013, 08:14 PM
My old device's heat sensor doesn't work... AKA I can't do that.

Sheepdog349
08-16-2013, 06:06 AM
I am trying to transfer a game from my phone. I created a account using my Funzio ID on the phone. When I try to log on it tells me login failed. When I hit transfer game and tap on old device nothing happens. My ID on the old device is 759-943-174. The new device I'D is 429-248-793. Please help!!

I don't know
08-16-2013, 06:19 AM
is it still not possible for you to transfer between droid to ios?

Derrick chua
08-16-2013, 06:25 AM
is it still not possible for you to transfer between droid to ios?

I this it is possible as i just wrote to support 1 week back about it.. I had send my ticket and awaiting my transfer since 20 hrs back

I don't know
08-16-2013, 06:27 AM
I this it is possible as i just wrote to support 1 week back about it.. I had send my ticket and awaiting my transfer since 20 hrs back

thank you so much:)!!!

Choli
08-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Hmmm, I see I'm not the only one with transfer problems. Old iPad to new iPad . Guess ill wait.

toogoodformyowngood
09-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Is it possible to transfer my account from Andriod to iOS?

Because I might be changing my phone.

Thanks any help is much appreciated!

deaddan
09-18-2013, 04:34 AM
yes it is possible to go from droid to iso ,but gree has to make the switch for you, send a ticket ,and they'll tell you what to do ;)

CaseyF
09-22-2013, 05:54 PM
So has had any issues transferring their games to a new device lately? I want to get the new iPhone but the only concern is problems with transferring Modern War...

Mc Drew
09-22-2013, 06:37 PM
So has had any issues transferring their games to a new device lately? I want to get the new iPhone but the only concern is problems with transferring Modern War...

For iOS, Funzion ID and transfer button has been removed.. Gree's instruction was to sync with itunes/icloud and download your data to your new device. That process dont work for me and mostly to iOS player here. You still have your last option... To send ticket to support and let them do the process for you.. How long? Hmmm you'll be lucky if you get it in 24 hrs

I have another querry, how to make Funzio ID and transfer acct on droid? It keeps showing "there was a problem talking to the server" i need to tramsfer from my phone to a bigger screen (tablet) as i get my vision up to 70 after a year playing this game on my mobile