PDA

View Full Version : How much IP will Fight Club Score

Electrify
06-20-2013, 07:59 PM
How much IP do you think Fight Club will score this upcoming battle my guess will be 30+ mil

dr007
06-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Glad you are thinking ahead to war!

SaltineSam
06-20-2013, 09:50 PM
How much IP do you think Fight Club will score this upcoming battle my guess will be 30+ mil

Fight Club will score enough ip to stay in 1st! That's how much! You can't predict the number, because it will always be more than whatever the team in 2nd scores. You should be more concerned about how much ip your team will score anyways. So, let me hear your prediction on that! I would love to see how much you think your team will score, and then compare it to how much you actually score! Now that sounds like fun!

sister morphine
06-20-2013, 10:14 PM
It'll be about 8 to 9 million more than 2nd place. The voices tell them it must be so!

CC Pablo
06-20-2013, 11:22 PM

Dumbest thread ever.

Duncko
06-20-2013, 11:35 PM

It depends on how much Indian Nation™ wants them to score.

(CK) EL
06-20-2013, 11:53 PM

depends no how much 2nd team is able to score,
our abilities are unlimmited

Angel6ix6ix6
06-21-2013, 12:21 AM
They will out score 2nd place by an stupid amount like always. Not the brightest group of people.

one man gang
06-21-2013, 04:39 AM
They will score nothing as all their gold will be getting deducted as gree are struggling to even supply people with what they pay for lol...

Electrify
06-21-2013, 05:39 AM

Dumbest thread ever.

Guesa its a good thing i live in america freedom of speech.

Electrify
06-21-2013, 05:40 AM
Fight Club will score enough ip to stay in 1st! That's how much! You can't predict the number, because it will always be more than whatever the team in 2nd scores. You should be more concerned about how much ip your team will score anyways. So, let me hear your prediction on that! I would love to see how much you think your team will score, and then compare it to how much you actually score! Now that sounds like fun!

Will score enough to be top ten top 3 prizes are worthless

FYG
06-21-2013, 06:28 AM

Whooooooooooooooooooooo cares.

bald zeemer
06-21-2013, 06:31 AM
Will score enough to be top ten top 3 prizes are worthless

Energy and mafia attack mods are useless? How interesting.

sister morphine
06-21-2013, 07:06 AM
Yeah, cos nowhere else on earth has that, huh?

Dumbest comment ever! You're doing well :cool:

sister morphine
06-21-2013, 07:11 AM
Energy and mafia attack mods are useless? How interesting.
Lol, yeah those million attack boys and girls need all the help they can get. The energy gain is just reward from Gree to its employees for all their help in generating gold sales (allegedly! :rolleyes:)

(CCK) Cam
06-21-2013, 11:43 AM

Dumbest thread ever.

Dumbest post ever.

Electrify
06-21-2013, 12:18 PM
I love how so many ppl comment on this thread since its so dumb and yes it is usless why spend thousands of dollars on an energy mod lolololololololol

Electrify
06-21-2013, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=sister morphine;828981]Yeah, cos nowhere else on earth has that, huh?

Actually no they dont its called a communist country people get killed for it read a book in youd knkw

Electrify
06-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Id be number 1 to if i had unlimited free gold for working foe the company trololololll

sister morphine
06-21-2013, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=sister morphine;828981]Yeah, cos nowhere else on earth has that, huh?

Actually no they dont its called a communist country people get killed for it read a book in youd knkw
That's funny. I'm from Britain but wasn't aware it was some kind of soviet union lite here. Isn't the US the spiritual home of newspeak (look it up, ignorant kids!) with such mealy-mouthed expressions as collateral damage (or blowing up unarmed civilians to the rest of us), and it's offspring political correctness.

Nowhere is perfect, but the US is no better than other countries. Don't believe the hype.

Electrify
06-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Obviously by makin this thread means that FC puts up huge numbers and are the alphadog of syndicates. I dont see why people are getting offended by the thread

bald zeemer
06-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Obviously by makin this thread means that FC puts up huge numbers and are the alphadog of syndicates. I dont see why people are getting offended by the thread

I think the main points are:
A) that FC is top is too obvious to be worth comment
B) that the US is one of many, many countries with free speech. And that there is between 1 and 4 legitimately communist countries left. And if you're still stick in 1988 then knowledge of CC seems anachronistic.

tam...
06-21-2013, 05:45 PM

Then 12 million should cover it

dr007
06-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Why is indian nation mentioned in every thread covering fight club? We all know fight club is the real deal while indian nation is done: a ghost of the past. Indian nation is only #2 because of issues with SAS.

bald zeemer
06-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Because we're waiting on a new #2. FC would be happy to oblige but we're busy holding #1.

I guess these new "top" players like rockstar burning gold they don't have on job payout miss are the Indian equivalent of a challenge.

Claymores
06-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Newbie question - can anyone explain how/why Fight Club can spend so much on Crime City?

I HOPE that if I had so much real world money to buy vast quantities of Gree gold for a game, then I might actually have enough money for other pursuits/interests and be sipping a Marguerita on a beach in Mauritius at this second or scuba-ing on the Great Barrier Reef.

And not sitting in Mauritius caring about pixels and tapping furiously on my diamond encrusted iPad!

Claymores
06-21-2013, 08:22 PM

But a poor educational system apparently going by the paucity of your communication skills and inability to construct even the simplest of sentences properly.

Is your signature on papers a big "X", or does u learnd how to rite name proper?

PS - Freedom of speech perhaps, but denied access to truth on economic/world affairs by a truly hegenomistic and corrupt governmental system who can sell you any lemon. Perhaps Gree should introduce a special weapon next event - "Saddam's WMD" - characteristics: 0/0 att/def. Now many US/Iraqi/world lives were sold for that puppy?

Mr.Blonde
06-21-2013, 09:39 PM
gree plants have unlimited resources

tam...
06-21-2013, 10:01 PM
gree plants have unlimited resources

Monkey puzzle tree...self explanatory. And you get. Monkey see Monkey do
As for Gree plants. I am sure that they have a few Crassula ovata in tubs

bald zeemer
06-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Newbie question - can anyone explain how/why Fight Club can spend so much on Crime City?

I HOPE that if I had so much real world money to buy vast quantities of Gree gold for a game, then I might actually have enough money for other pursuits/interests and be sipping a Marguerita on a beach in Mauritius at this second or scuba-ing on the Great Barrier Reef.

And not sitting in Mauritius caring about pixels and tapping furiously on my diamond encrusted iPad!

I've had more Margeriras on GBR than the bartenders thre allow.

Kidkiller
06-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Nope FC won't explain how, you know the Fight Club Rule. #1 don't talk about the Fight Club.
( for any GRAMMAR NAZI here I'm not a natural english speaker :p so don't waste time trying to correct me)

sister morphine
06-21-2013, 11:28 PM

Don't be fooled. For the really big noises in Fight Club the thousands they spend here is like the loose change the rest of us mortals find down the back of the sofa ;)

Claymores
06-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Don't be fooled. For the really big noises in Fight Club the thousands they spend here is like the loose change the rest of us mortals find down the back of the sofa ;)
Sorry - still don't get the concept sister.............if I had that much real world money I believe (hope) I could find more entertaining outlets for it than tapping pixels! I don't have endless real world money so here I am!!!

Sandukan
06-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Sorry - still don't get the concept sister.............if I had that much real world money I believe (hope) I could find more entertaining outlets for it than tapping pixels! I don't have endless real world money so here I am!!!
But you don't have the money so what do you know? For the record I don't either but I reckon dropping vaults must be always fun.

Feng1234
06-22-2013, 08:27 AM
But you don't have the money so what do you know? For the record I don't either but I reckon dropping vaults must be always fun.

Totally agree. It's a power thing I think. I can spend my way to the top of one of the top games in iOS I would do it. You buy power with money and they are inextricably linked.

Claymores
06-22-2013, 09:19 AM

Well - when I do win the £100million in real world money from the lottery, I can assure you that I'll be a bit too busy in the Ferrari/scuba-ing on the Great Barrier Reef to give two hoots aboot the pixels on Crime City.

Interesting that you think differently!

Ragmondino
06-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Well - when I do win the £100million in real world money from the lottery, I can assure you that I'll be a bit too busy in the Ferrari/scuba-ing on the Great Barrier Reef to give two hoots aboot the pixels on Crime City.

Interesting that you think differently!

Because money will be new to you. Once you've had the money a while, done the things you want to do. You find other ways to spend your money. Some choose cc

sister morphine
06-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Totally agree. It's a power thing I think. I can spend my way to the top of one of the top games in iOS I would do it. You buy power with money and they are inextricably linked.
You nailed it. Real world alpha-males (alpha-females too) are unlikely to go for any position in a pay to play game other than the same dominant one they have in the real world.

Just don't be tempted into wasting your money chasing them. It's a fools' game.

dr007
06-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Great observation oh little one! We do enjoy the finer things in life. Just this week, I was in Miami partying with Bron, Wade and Drake after we won the championships for the 2nd year in a row. Surely, you have heard of the NBA!! We have players vacationing in China as I write. Others soon will cruise Egypt and Alaska to name a few. My M3 goes vroom vroom. Know what I mean? Big FC party coming soon. In real life. So what, we spend pocket money on crime city? It's our choice. Since you claim to be broke and therefore on crime city. Here's a tip: delete crime city app immediately and get a 2nd job?

Alex_
06-22-2013, 02:14 PM
There's nothing 'alpha' about playing crime city. More than likely people who have enough money and like the power trip of winning are compensating for other areas lacking in their live.

Claymores
06-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Great observation oh little one! We do enjoy the finer things in life. Just this week, I was in Miami partying with Bron, Wade and Drake after we won the championships for the 2nd year in a row. Surely, you have heard of the NBA!! We have players vacationing in China as I write. Others soon will cruise Egypt and Alaska to name a few. My M3 goes vroom vroom. Know what I mean? Big FC party coming soon. In real life. So what, we spend pocket money on crime city? It's our choice. Since you claim to be broke and therefore on crime city. Here's a tip: delete crime city app immediately and get a 2nd job?

Partying in Miami sounds hellish - it's like the American equivalent of dumps like Majorca and Ibiza. The sort of cheesy place that adults avoid like the plague. I feel your pain buddy. A cruise from Egypt to Alaska sounds great tho in your 3rd grade English - you Americans sure do yer geography.

NBA? is that even popular in the States these days? European TV networks dropped it years ago as it's sooooooooooooo dull. Only American sport that translates is football. Championships? What was that? An important thingy? Are you "world champions" self declared in whatever unheard-of game you played in?

M3? That only translates to BMW M3s which are 10 a penny in Europe and their vroom vroom is REALLY low rent.

I ain't broke, just more adult to do things with my cents. Here's a tip - stop wasting your pocket pennies on crapola. Your career will soon be over then what will you do for the rest of your life? Wash windscreens in downtown Miami for $1 while telling people how great you were?

tam...
06-22-2013, 03:35 PM
I guess we could fight half as much per fight and then do twice as many fights
Perhaps that would make more sense?

Claymores
06-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Because money will be new to you. Once you've had the money a while, done the things you want to do. You find other ways to spend your money. Some choose cc

I'm afraid I could think of 1000 things more entertaining to fill my days with if money were no object. I use cc to pass the downtime when no $000s to spend before the next paycheck.

If being wealthy beyond care means you are reduced to wasting your days on pixels then I guess I hope I never get that rich. It must be so boring that you're reduced to blowing stupid money that way. I honestly feel sorry for the small-minded rich who have been reduced to that.

tam...
06-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Better that than having to try and earn a dollar by washing car windows at traffic lights when it's raining

Kidkiller
06-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Hahaha! Definetly!

The Billionaire
06-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Some amusing stuff in this thread

They will out score 2nd place by an stupid amount like always. Not the brightest group of people.

Probably the brightest group of people in CC considering the majority are very successful in real life. Out scoring second place by a stupid amount is how these events are won but only a bright person would be able to work that out.

I love how so many ppl comment on this thread since its so dumb and yes it is usless why spend thousands of dollars on an energy mod lolololololololol

An energy modifier that will save you gold in future events but its not even about the prizes, it's about being number 1.

Once you've had money for a long time something a newly rich person would enjoy probably wouldn't appeal as much to someone who has already done it numerous times.

Everyone spends money to entertain themselves whether that amount be big or small. At the end of the day it's all about the enjoyment you get from spending your money and if a player gets lots of enjoyment from spending their money on CC then fair play. I'm sure if you listed all the things you've spent money on to entertain yourself we could find something better.

It sounds like you're saying you wouldn't enjoy CC if you had lots of money to spend on it.

Like i said it's all about spending your money on something you get entertainment from, everyone's entertainment if different and costly.

KYXR
06-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Well said there.
They will do whatever it takes to win, the amount of influence points doesn't matter, the #1 spot does. And sure second place won't let them have it easily, so they keep buying gold so that they can maintain a reasonably good lead. Makes sense to me.

MattThomas08
06-22-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm afraid I could think of 1000 things more entertaining to fill my days with if money were no object. I use cc to pass the downtime when no $000s to spend before the next paycheck.

If being wealthy beyond care means you are reduced to wasting your days on pixels then I guess I hope I never get that rich. It must be so boring that you're reduced to blowing stupid money that way. I honestly feel sorry for the small-minded rich who have been reduced to that.

This is a dumb argument. You're spending your TIME on the game. Why do you feel sorry for somebody spending another commodity on it? I'm sure there are tons of people who think you're an idiot for wasting your time on the game.

Angel6ix6ix6
06-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Lmao, you keep telling yourselves that. Partying in Miami.....lmao. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad!

sister morphine
06-22-2013, 11:03 PM

Probably the brightest group of people in CC considering the majority are very successful in real life. Out scoring second place by a stupid amount is how these events are won but only a bright person would be able to work that out.
I love you Bill, but that's garbage. Win by eight million points or by one point, it's still a win

The huge margin is really nothing more than... shut your mouth and look at my wad!

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y503/SisterMorphine63/null_zps347e449d.jpg

dadtech
06-22-2013, 11:31 PM

An energy modifier that will save you gold in future events but its not even about the prizes, it's about being number 1.

Once you've had money for a long time something a newly rich person would enjoy probably wouldn't appeal as much to someone who has already done it numerous times.

Everyone spends money to entertain themselves whether that amount be big or small. At the end of the day it's all about the enjoyment you get from spending your money and if a player gets lots of enjoyment from spending their money on CC then fair play. I'm sure if you listed all the things you've spent money on to entertain yourself we could find something better.

It sounds like you're saying you wouldn't enjoy CC if you had lots of money to spend on it.

Like i said it's all about spending your money on something you get entertainment from, everyone's entertainment if different and costly.

Agreed. The perks you receive for buying your gold isn't fair, however. I am not talking about rewards you received (based on achievement) from using the gold purchased. I'm talking about the items, extra gold, other perks you receive just for buying so much of it.

To keep it in perspective: You are not #1 because you worked at it or are even that good at the game. You are #1 because you bought your way there and Gree just dumps more on top. That ruins the game for all. What is even the point now for you to play when your always paying for your #1 spot and so far above all others? There's no challenge for you, even when there was a challenge, you didn't accept it because you bought your way. Most of us don't even look at Fight Club like it's part of the game. I mean, it is, but not really.

Biggie Pac
06-22-2013, 11:45 PM
Stop complaining, fc and other can do as they please with their money. Worry about your own finances. Stupid thread.

Rastas
06-23-2013, 12:30 AM
I love you Bill, but that's garbage. Win by eight million points or by one point, it's still a win

The huge margin is really nothing more than... shut your mouth and look at my wad!

Exactly, when I see them 10 million points above Indian Nation I can't help but think its such a waste of gold!

Lurker
06-23-2013, 12:47 AM
Bill, love reading your posts usually bro but this one here is a pile of BS. . Agree with Sister M on all points below.

Then again, it's FC's gold and they're free to do what they wish with it.

Alex_
06-23-2013, 01:22 AM
Success with wealth does not automatically equal success in life.

The Billionaire
06-23-2013, 01:28 AM
I think some of you are missing the point I'm trying to make. It's not about showing how deep our pockets are, it's the strategy needed to win these events. PUN have proved this strategy works many times in MW, you get a big lead and then you keep it intact until the event is over. That strategy actually keeps the gold cost down rather than sitting just behind 2nd place and making a move in the final hours.

SAS actually gave us the biggest competition when they came out the blocks firing on all cylinders and gave us a run for our money.

It's no different to the strategy Tam uses with the leaderboard events, she gets herself so far ahead of the competition that they give up well before the event is over which makes it easy for Tam to maintain her lead.

Those who created Fight Club knew exactly what was needed strategically and statistically to win so set out to create a group that could do that.

All Gree events have a strategy, most of them are spend big early on and get rewarded (syndicate, leaderboard and collect 10s) but once you find the best strategy you nail it.

So again, it's nothing to do with "look at how big our wad is", its about making sure we always win.

I'd love to only spend a vault and still come first but it's never going to happen. The point is you can't win these events by one point, you have to win them by millions otherwise you risk not winning.

tam...
06-23-2013, 02:21 AM
It's not so much about gold, but how players choose to spend it
Some players have done some heavy spending to do a quick and substantial increase in their stats to balance the fact that they have been leveling up recently. This means that fight clubbers spend less gold to score higher points off those players, so the more battles we have, the cheaper the game becomes for us

Feng1234
06-23-2013, 03:00 AM
I think some of you are missing the point I'm trying to make. It's not about showing how deep our pockets are, it's the strategy needed to win these events. PUN have proved this strategy works many times in MW, you get a big lead and then you keep it intact until the event is over. That strategy actually keeps the gold cost down rather than sitting just behind 2nd place and making a move in the final hours.

SAS actually gave us the biggest competition when they came out the blocks firing on all cylinders and gave us a run for our money.

It's no different to the strategy Tam uses with the leaderboard events, she gets herself so far ahead of the competition that they give up well before the event is over which makes it easy for Tam to maintain her lead.

Those who created Fight Club knew exactly what was needed strategically and statistically to win so set out to create a group that could do that.

All Gree events have a strategy, most of them are spend big early on and get rewarded (syndicate, leaderboard and collect 10s) but once you find the best strategy you nail it.

So again, it's nothing to do with "look at how big our wad is", its about making sure we always win.

I'd love to only spend a vault and still come first but it's never going to happen. The point is you can't win these events by one point, you have to win them by millions otherwise you risk not winning.

So morale of the story. Doesn't matter how good you are at the game, you need to spend alot of money to have a chance of winning. So basically, everything you said means how much money one has. Still sounds like you need money to do anything to me.

Feng1234
06-23-2013, 03:08 AM
There's nothing 'alpha' about playing crime city. More than likely people who have enough money and like the power trip of winning are compensating for other areas lacking in their live.

Why do I feel like exactly the opposite. You are not them so you can't say this. It is the small things that count and there is a reason for this saying.

You'd be surprised at the quirks of the rich and powerful. They are not all the cool, calm and work obsessed as you think or they portray themselves to be or portrayed by the media.

Get to know them and you will know that they also enjoy some of the small, insignificant, awfully time consuming yet FUN things such as Crime City like us mortals working in our 9-5 jobs.

Give me 100 million and I will make myself one of Crime City's strongest players in a week. I would because I can and I like it even though it is pointless.

Because if you think about, life is pointless. Everything ends one day so why not enjoy what you enjoy?

Sandukan
06-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Indian Nation closing in on FC.
ONLY 4 million points separating the two.
Could this spell the beginning of the end for the Fabled Crusaders? The Financially Connected? The Feckless Capitalists?

TZora
06-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Indian Nation closing in on FC.
ONLY 4 million points separating the two.
Could this spell the beginning of the end for the Fabled Crusaders? The Financially Connected? The Feckless Capitalists?
ever seen a lion playing with a lamb before he chews him up?
as for the indiot nation catching up on the Fight Club, dream on ...

Sandukan
06-23-2013, 08:42 AM
ever seen a lion playing with a lamb before he chews him up?
as for the indiot nation catching up on the Fight Club, dream on ...
Is this an official statement?

TZora
06-23-2013, 09:13 AM
nope .. just the facts :p

sister morphine
06-23-2013, 09:24 AM
nope .. just the facts :p
So which one are you Zora. We're taking an hour's break while Fight Club throw their money around, but I don't see your name there. They didn't relegate you did they?

TZora
06-23-2013, 09:26 AM
i'm taking a break sister :)

wa7sh
06-23-2013, 09:27 AM
so the rankings are basically about who's the richest.

sister morphine
06-23-2013, 09:40 AM
OMG! You think so? :rolleyes:

marlinfan
06-23-2013, 09:44 AM

Yup, pretty much. FC thinks of it as "strategy".

Either these guys have ridiculous egos or they're extremely insecure in real life. Trying to justify spending thousands of dollars a month is down right pathetic.

There's literally no competition playing the way they day so how is it fun? I love being able to barely beat another syndicate, or push another group out of a ranking at the last minute. That's what the games for. I guess when you need to make up for things you're lacking in real life you play like FC.

TZora
06-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Yup, pretty much. FC thinks of it as "strategy".

Either these guys have ridiculous egos or they're extremely insecure in real life. Trying to justify spending thousands of dollars a month is down right pathetic.

There's literally no competition playing the way they day so how is it fun? I love being able to barely beat another syndicate, or push another group out of a ranking at the last minute. That's what the games for. I guess when you need to make up for things you're lacking in real life you play like FC.
wow, you are smart!

sister morphine
06-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Meh! Just read Bill's justification above. Fight Club was formed purely to ensure it won. It has no other purpose (there may have been the one to put the Indians into second place to begin with, but that's long gone now). And so they will do whatever is necessary to ensure continued dominance.

Like you say, what a boring way to play.

TZora
06-23-2013, 09:54 AM
yea. pathetic, egomaniacs, losers, boring, lowlife, etc etc etc. obviously, not everyone thinks that way but the non-fight clubbers. can we sum it all to one word?

"jealous"

i'm sure, you would have a different perspective if you were a Fight Clubber :)

iteachem
06-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Regardless of what anyone thinks of fight club they have done a very good job in developing a team that will take first every time. Some spend money others spend time. I can't fault them for their commitment to first place. They seem to rotate people very heavily in order to have the money to keep it secure

I lead Indian Nation and am essentially a free player. I make up for it with major organization and honestly we will probably never challenge them for first since we don't really rotate our members out each war. We have a second syndicate and if people can't be around during war etc they can voluntarily step down but that is their call. The only recruiting we have ever really done is to replace people who have left voluntarily or flat out lied about theirs ip commitment.

Our non Indian members are only required to hit around 400k ip so honestly we aren't going to challenge them for first...

Now staying in second is another story ;-)

iteachem
06-23-2013, 09:58 AM
I lead Indian Nation... Not the Indians...I coordinate a ton of stuff for the wars. I am not the Indian Leader, but serve the tribe buy running the syndicate

Sandukan
06-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Keep posting Tits lol

Sandukan
06-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Bad punctuation from me.
I meant to say "Keep posting, Tits." lol

Not that I am objecting to your offering.

Canoehead
06-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Regardless of what anyone thinks of fight club they have done a very good job in developing a team that will take first every time. Some spend money others spend time. I can't fault them for their commitment to first place. They seem to rotate people very heavily in order to have the money to keep it secure

I lead Indian Nation and am essentially a free player. I make up for it with major organization and honestly we will probably never challenge them for first since we don't really rotate our members out each war. We have a second syndicate and if people can't be around during war etc they can voluntarily step down but that is their call. The only recruiting we have ever really done is to replace people who have left voluntarily or flat out lied about theirs ip commitment.

Our non Indian members are only required to hit around 400k ip so honestly we aren't going to challenge them for first...

Now staying in second is another story ;-)

Hey, teach, 400k ip is about 4 vaults. With a minimum requirement like that, you should be more competitive. Lol

As for rotating people in and out, about 2/3 of us have been together since day one. We're a pretty cohesive bunch, partly because we don't have hit lists or rules, except of course the rules of fight club. For those, see the movie.

sister morphine
06-23-2013, 11:29 AM
yea. pathetic, egomaniacs, losers, boring, lowlife, etc etc etc. obviously, not everyone thinks that way but the non-fight clubbers. can we sum it all to one word?

"jealous"

i'm sure, you would have a different perspective if you were a Fight Clubber :)
Can't speak for anyone else, but if someone were to ask me to join FC for even a single war my answer would be no.

TZora
06-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Can't speak for anyone else, but if someone were to ask me to join FC for even a single war my answer would be no.
u don't know what ur talking about sister. if there's any syndicate to be in, its the fight club. not saying this cuz FC wins every syndicate war, saying this cuz of the friendly environment and joyful people :)

i've been a free player since the beginning of the syndicate wars. enough said!

TZora
06-23-2013, 11:51 AM
So you belong to the number #1 team on an iphone game that requires nothing but to spend thousands of dollars to achieve said position. Can't speak for everyone, but why would anyone be "jealous". You seriously think people are jealous that you waste your money on a stupid game? Hmmm. Doubt it.

And no i dont care if you are all filthy rich and have money to burn. Thats not the point. The point is it is a game and you bought your way to the top. Who cares?? Is this something you brag about in real life? I am more inclined to believe you would be ashamed to admit to anyone in real life that you spent the money on it. Brag about it on a silly forum all you want but in real life...im sure its a dirty little secret.
#jealousmuch

TZora
06-23-2013, 12:16 PM
I am intrigued by the fact that people would throw their money away on such a trivial meaningless game.
i'm intrigued by the fact that people buy expensive gadgets, cars, luxury items, drugs, etc. i'm intrigued by the fact that people spend heaps on entertainment. they spend more on entertainment than food, shelter, etc. go figure what people spend on and i'm pretty sure, once you found it, you'll come back here and be good and nice to people who spend on a game "peacefully" and entertain themselves. i'm intrigued by the fact that it is their money and why is your bum hurt?

I am further intrigued by the psychological addictive behavior that is displayed within game/forum. However, I am most intrigued by the fact that the high stat money players actually "FEEL" superior to others on such a meaningless platform.

Absolutely mind boggling! LOL
indeed mind boggling that you are playing a phone game, spending time/brain/energy playing a game and joining a gaming forum just to bash/lecture people how they should be spending their money.

take a chill pill chummy and let people do what they want to do. they don't need ur permission to manage their life or finances :)

TZora
06-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Fight Club is the best team in this game and that is an "official statement (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?58779-How-much-IP-will-Fight-Club-Score&p=832082&viewfull=1#post832082)" :p

jaxx
06-23-2013, 01:48 PM
anyone slating fight club is just dumb.
take it this way.
if you take home £5000 a month and buy 4 vaults £219.96 that's about 4.4% of your income.
My point being I would guess a lot of the members of FC are very successful in terms of jobs and easily earn this. so for them it is not throwing money away in the slightest. they already have a more than 'comfortable' level of disposable income, so why not spend it on a game to get to the top? they have probably allready spent a load of money on various other entertainment 'things'. For those in FC that aren't high earners in real life and still spend a lot on gold, what's the problem? it's no different to me spending £5 on lunch everyday instead of making my own for the equivalent of 50p a day. there's £135 a month essentially 'thrown away'. grow up, it's just naive and a pointless argument.

for the record I would love to be in fight club for one battle.....haha

sister morphine
06-23-2013, 02:05 PM
u don't know what ur talking about sister. if there's any syndicate to be in, its the fight club. not saying this cuz FC wins every syndicate war, saying this cuz of the friendly environment and joyful people :)

i've been a free player since the beginning of the syndicate wars. enough said!
Zora, a friendly environment and joyful people is not confined to FC. Is that too hard to believe? Don't get me wrong; I know and like a lot of FC members, but the apparent ethos of winning at all costs and winning is the only acceptable result is not to my taste.

sister morphine
06-23-2013, 02:16 PM
anyone slating fight club is just dumb.
take it this way.
if you take home £5000 a month and buy 4 vaults £219.96 that's about 4.4% of your income.
Perhaps, except £5000 a month is way over average earnings as I'm sure you know. That'd be closer to £2000 a month before tax etc, so your 4 vaults becomes more like 10% of total income and a lot more of disposable income.

As for Zora's argument about cars etc, it's well rehearsed and redundant. Classic cars tend to retain their value, as do fine wines, whisk(e)y etc. you can't say that for a pixel prize.

One of my occasional weaknesses is for photobooks. If you choose wisely a book can rise by 200-300% in value (sometimes more) inside a year or two. Now tell me who's spending their money more sensibly?

c00guy
06-23-2013, 02:39 PM
No jealousy here. I would call it intrigued i guess. I am intrigued by the fact that people would throw their money away on such a trivial meaningless game.

I am further intrigued by the psychological addictive behavior that is displayed within game/forum. However, I am most intrigued by the fact that the high stat money players actually "FEEL" superior to others on such a meaningless platform.

Absolutely mind boggling! LOL

I am intrigued, why you so intrigued? :confused:

Bam Bam
06-23-2013, 03:17 PM
This thread seems to have gotten out of control. I can say that a majority of FC members do not see themselves as superior people. Most of us are regular everyday people who work, have family's and just live life. I personally do well in life, but that doesn't make me any better of a person than the person that cooks my food at a restaurant or the person who sticks the shelves at my grocery store. I was both of those people before. Yes, I've spent more on this game than most people make in a year, but I've also spent less than 2% of my annual income on the game. Everyone should just relax and play the game the way that lets them have the most fun. That is why we all play the game anyways I think.

MrM
06-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Well it's just like winning the league table in football then isn't it? Your name gets to go on the trophy, next year you try to win it again. I'd never dream of spening anything near what the average FC member is probably spending on a damn game but if it's disposable cash, why not. Although picking up a coke habit would be a lot more probable than controlling Crime City if I had that much cash to burn haha.

jaxx
06-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Perhaps, except £5000 a month is way over average earnings as I'm sure you know. That'd be closer to £2000 a month before tax etc, so your 4 vaults becomes more like 10% of total income and a lot more of disposable income.

[QUOTE=Bam Bam;832547] Yes, I've spent more on this game than most people make in a year, but I've also spent less than 2% of my annual income on the game. Everyone should just relax and play the game the way that lets them have the most fun. That is why we all play the game anyways I think.

my point proven. as you say bambam if you still get enjoyment out of it then that's the main point, I think a lot of people just don't understand the amount of money involved, and yes to me it seems crazy, but if I had it I would do the same.

TZora
06-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Zora, a friendly environment and joyful people is not confined to FC. Is that too hard to believe? Don't get me wrong; I know and like a lot of FC members, but the apparent ethos of winning at all costs and winning is the only acceptable result is not to my taste.
sweetie sis, we are all unique. what may sound good to me, may not sound good to you and the vice versa. what may be right according to me, may not be right according to you and, vice versa. fight club was formed to win the syndicate wars and that's what they're doing. i don't see anything wrong with that.

now to talk about the other person who said spending money on a gaming app is 'foolishness', i guess he has never seen that kind of money that people make in their real lives. what they spend on this game may be a very little portion of their super cool earnings. if they can afford to spend, they spend at their own discretion. if you are intrigued or amazed or violated by the amount people spend, your problem. go see a doc or take a chill pill and mind ur own business. like i said earlier, we all have our own poison and we spend whatever we can to be happy and be satisfied. after all, you are playing this game for some reason and what's that reason? go figure ..

TZora
06-23-2013, 03:53 PM
As for Zora's argument about cars etc, it's well rehearsed and redundant. Classic cars tend to retain their value, as do fine wines, whisk(e)y etc. you can't say that for a pixel prize.
what are your thoughts about traveling? you travel to distant places and come back home with what? memories of the places you visited? i agree, those memories make you feel happier. i personally know a few people who don't buy anything at all but visit distant places and take pictures. since they come back home empty handed, you are saying they wasted their money? same with watching movies, spending money on expensive concert tickets, watching your favorite sport and wasting whole day watching a cricket match or footie or whatever sport that makes you happier. so much time, money and brain wasted for nothing? i'm sure there's an explanation to everything people do .. its called experience. we pay to experience something. and why would a cell phone game be any different? u spend whatever u can afford.

tam...
06-23-2013, 04:02 PM
I like pixels

Sandukan
06-23-2013, 04:03 PM
I think I should be able to dictate what other people do with their money.
I should be able to provide sound financial advice.

Rich people: Please use your money more responsibly on tangible things and those that will appreciate over time.
Poor people: Please play for free only. Any money you spend is a huge fraction of your net income.

What percent of income should I proclaim is the maximum someone spend on the game? I'm taking a survey. I hate to be a complete dictator.

tam...
06-23-2013, 04:07 PM
I spend money, that money goes towards people getting paid, those people use part of that money to buy things, other people get paid. That's how the system works

tam...
06-23-2013, 04:07 PM
I still like pixels

Kidkiller
06-23-2013, 04:21 PM
If I was making 250,000$ net income I would spend at will on the game as I don't give a ____! <--(Insert the word you like here) so scrap that. Want a corvette, buy one. Wanna spend 10 grand on CC do it! Wanna travel to Viet-Nam do it.

TZora
06-23-2013, 04:21 PM
I like pixels
and that sums up everything in this thread :)

TZora
06-23-2013, 04:24 PM
If I was making 250,000$ net income I would spend at will on the game as I don't give a ____! <--(Insert the word you like here) so scrap that. Want a corvette, buy one. Wanna spend 10 grand on CC do it! Wanna travel to Viet-Nam do it.
heck yea!! can stalk ppl by the window, do it :rolleyes:

scott(ST6)
06-23-2013, 04:41 PM
i can spend a little each month on cc because i get food stamps to buy my everyday stuff

Kidkiller
06-23-2013, 05:14 PM
heck yea!! can stalk ppl by the window, do it :rolleyes: hell yeah even if with money you'll still get beated by BF/husband of the vic :rolleyes: or if you do that will you are in a corvette or a lambo you can flee fast :p lol

There one thing that annoy me in this war, even if my team is top25 we keep getting matched with top 10 team more often than ever before, in about 40 battle we got 1/4 against top10 team, GREE really don't want us in the top 25 hahaha! Even if I keep doing some miracle to keep us here. Not the first time in a top25 spot and we haven't faced so much top 10... And the top2. Puzzling gree.

bald zeemer
06-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Every war (moreso on war 1) FC gets at least one matchup (usually quite a few) against a team just in or even well out of top 25. I have to assume inds, etc get it even moreso. You were just unlucky this time. Some of those synds hit us 2-3 times in a war, so remember that it could be worse.

Electrify
06-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Partying in Miami sounds hellish - it's like the American equivalent of dumps like Majorca and Ibiza. The sort of cheesy place that adults avoid like the plague. I feel your pain buddy. A cruise from Egypt to Alaska sounds great tho in your 3rd grade English - you Americans sure do yer geography.

NBA? is that even popular in the States these days? European TV networks dropped it years ago as it's soovooooooooooo dull. Only American sport that translates is football. Championships? What was that? An important thingy? Are you "world champions" self declared in whatever unheard-of game you played in?

M3? That only translates to BMW M3s which are 10 a penny in Europe and their vroom vroom is REALLY low rent.

I ain't broke, just more adult to do things with my cents. Here's a tip - stop wasting your pocket pennies on crapola. Your career will soon be over then what will you do for the rest of your life? Wash windscreens in downtown Miami for $1 while telling people how great you were?

Really partying with drake??? Well thats a complete lie cause drake was denied access to even party with the heat. Go check his twitter if you dont believe me.

dr007
06-23-2013, 10:25 PM
I ain't broke, just more adult to do things with my cents. Here's a tip - stop wasting your pocket pennies on crapola. Your career will soon be over then what will you do for the rest of your life? Wash windscreens in downtown Miami for $1 while telling people how great you were?[/QUOTE]

Obviously you are very bitter. Don't worry I will never hold that job. No worries mate! I'm not looking to take your job! Next time, I'm in Miami I will be sure to give you $1.00.

Angel6ix6ix6
06-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Of course it's a dirty secret. These are people who are unable to leave their homes. This game is their life. Only way it makes sense. Feel pity for them, try not to be harsh. Everyone needs something to make them feel special.

TZora
06-24-2013, 12:08 AM
yea, pity those billionaires and kudos to battlers like you. i'm sure your contributions to the society are exemplary. obviously you have reasons to feel special :)

Kidkiller
06-24-2013, 12:15 AM
Internet, everyone where a mask here, I can be CIA operator, a drug kingpin, a smuggler, a football star, a senator. None of you can know who I am really. So consider at all time that internet is a lie :p FC can be a bunch of corporate lawyer, doctor, owner of a car dealership, CEO of a company or simply kids that have access to the credit card of their rich ass parent. NEVER BELIEVE SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET(all of the time its a man with some exception even if I hardly believe there women on the internet beside porn lol)

scott(ST6)
06-24-2013, 05:13 AM
NEVER BELIEVE SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET

I've never read a statement so false.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003169925/2730482626_9215150_xlarge.png

tam...
06-24-2013, 05:18 AM
Of course it's a dirty secret. These are people who are unable to leave their homes. This game is their life. Only way it makes sense. Feel pity for them, try not to be harsh. Everyone needs something to make them feel special.

When not playing CC I like to spend my time doing something that is a socially acceptable way of passing the time, I watch tv during the evenings.

Butt Futter
06-24-2013, 05:34 AM
When not playing CC I like to spend my time doing something that is a socially acceptable way of passing the time, I watch tv during the evenings.

Have you ever gone outside to see the sun?

Butt Futter
06-24-2013, 05:38 AM
There's an awful lot of large hanging epeens in this thread. I don't care how much money people spend on this game nor do I care how much their W-4 says they make. I enjoy this game and I'm sure all big spenders do also. The rivalry between the Indians and FC has made this game much more enjoyable and entertaining.

Angel6ix6ix6
06-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Lol it's not a real rivalry. No skills involved, nothing but gold. Free gold for employees and hacked gold, then the fools they bring in and trick them into buying gold. Feel pity for those that are tricked, they are trying to keep up with the employees and the hackers. They don't know any better.

tam...
06-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Have you ever gone outside to see the sun?

Not in the evenings

Butt Futter
06-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Lol it's not a real rivalry. No skills involved, nothing but gold. Free gold for employees and hacked gold, then the fools they bring in and trick them into buying gold. Feel pity for those that are tricked, they are trying to keep up with the employees and the hackers. They don't know any better.

There's a lot more to the rivalry then just syndicate wars.

Angel6ix6ix6
06-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Pixel rivalry ! Lol good luck with that!

Butt Futter
06-24-2013, 10:31 AM
You really have no clue.

bald zeemer
06-24-2013, 10:39 AM
I so love it when someone who plays the game and posts on the forum
Says that playing the game is proof that someone never does anything else.

For the record using gold means you can spend less time playing, if you so choose. Just sayin'

TZora
06-24-2013, 10:50 AM
There's an awful lot of large hanging epeens in this thread.
yeap .. there're many fools here who are jealous of the richies who spend real money, buy gold and accomplish tasks in a few minutes that battlers take 5 days to complete and then they ask others if they've seen the sun in their lives ... just laughs and giggles :D

Butt Futter
06-24-2013, 10:55 AM
I can't tell, but I think I'm being made fun of...hmmmm......

Where's dippy? I need his sarcasm meter.

TZora
06-24-2013, 11:25 AM
as i mentioned, just laughs and giggles .. more of a humor meter thing ..

murf
06-24-2013, 12:02 PM
yeap .. there're many fools here who are jealous of the richies who spend real money, buy gold and accomplish tasks in a few minutes that battlers take 5 days to complete and then they ask others if they've seen the sun in their lives ... just laughs and giggles :D

TZora, this is the best response to every gold spending critic....

Kidkiller
06-24-2013, 12:20 PM
This thread is a hella of fun to read!

TZora
06-24-2013, 12:57 PM
TZora, this is the best response to every gold spending critic....
just the facts :)

Leezygeezer
06-24-2013, 02:58 PM
It reminds me of some games I used to play on pc and consoles, RPGs start off as a wimp build up your weapons so there is a sense of achievement, increase levels and stats etc, this all takes time.
I can only see the gold spending as akin to finding a cheat that means you can go around and kill all the nasties with one hit, for me personally that would make it kind of boring, what's the challenge?
I personally choose not to spend real money on this game, but im not gonna criticise people who spend their own money on it, my personal preference is the time, strategy etc involved in developing your character, I would be very quickly bored if I got to the top with spending gold, but that's just me, we're all different :)

BigMoney
06-24-2013, 03:19 PM
It reminds me of some games I used to play on pc and consoles, RPGs start off as a wimp build up your weapons so there is a sense of achievement, increase levels and stats etc, this all takes time.
I can only see the gold spending as akin to finding a cheat that means you can go around and kill all the nasties with one hit, for me personally that would make it kind of boring, what's the challenge?
I personally choose not to spend real money on this game, but im not gonna criticise people who spend their own money on it, my personal preference is the time, strategy etc involved in developing your character, I would be very quickly bored if I got to the top with spending gold, but that's just me, we're all different :)

I don't know how anyone could describe battling in CC as a challenge. As if it's a "challenge" trading robs/attacks back and forth with a player with similar stats. No, the "challenge" is in raising your stats up enough to be stronger than everyone else. Gold is just a shortcut to doing that.

tam...
06-24-2013, 04:53 PM
I still like pixels.

duckid
06-24-2013, 05:24 PM
CC has always been a game of "who is willing to spend money (gold)". Their is no real challenge or strategy.

Need better atk/def... buy gold and buy the premier items to better your stats
Need better IPH... buy gold to get the best buildings and upgrade faster
Need more IP... buy gold and continue to pound the targets you can beat
Want to be Top 25-50... join a syndicate and show them you are willing to spend gold
Need more anything... buy gold

If Fight Club actually did something other than recruit members willing to spend a ton of real money to buy gold I would actually applaud their efforts. If they had a magic formula that allowed them to milk every IP out of each target that didn't involve simply buying gold at a ridiculous rate I would think they were doing something nobody else had thought of.

I'd love to see a breakdown of how much each Syndicate spent on gold related to what position they placed in the event. I'd imagine it would be very similar.

At the end of the day their is no strategy that doesn't involve gold. You cannot obtain the best items and high stats without buying and spending gold. Fight Club would never let a member in if they didn't buy gold. Any mention of "strategy" is comical. Any mention of "a challenge" is laughable. Facing a challenge... buy gold and it solves the problem.

scott(ST6)
06-24-2013, 05:34 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/346/969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

TZora
06-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Fight Club would never let a member in if they didn't buy gold.
yada yada yada ... blah blah blah (in a theatrical voice)

Angel6ix6ix6
06-24-2013, 06:31 PM
This is so true. Truth hurts some folks. Spend real money, thats cool, but don't pretend like you have skills or strategy. It's like people in marathons that they have been catching taking taxis or other means of transportation. Yes you did finish, but you accomplished nothing.

CC has always been a game of "who is willing to spend money (gold)". Their is no real challenge or strategy.

Want to be Top 25-50... join a syndicate and show them you are willing to spend gold

If Fight Club actually did something other than recruit members willing to spend a ton of real money to buy gold I would actually applaud their efforts. If they had a magic formula that allowed them to milk every IP out of each target that didn't involve simply buying gold at a ridiculous rate I would think they were doing something nobody else had thought of.

I'd love to see a breakdown of how much each Syndicate spent on gold related to what position they placed in the event. I'd imagine it would be very similar.

At the end of the day their is no strategy that doesn't involve gold. You cannot obtain the best items and high stats without buying and spending gold. Fight Club would never let a member in if they didn't buy gold. Any mention of "strategy" is comical. Any mention of "a challenge" is laughable. Facing a challenge... buy gold and it solves the problem.

WarrenG
06-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Fight Club is awesome!

The Village People play second fiddle again.

TZora
06-24-2013, 07:20 PM
This is so true. Truth hurts some folks. Spend real money, thats cool, but don't pretend like you have skills or strategy. It's like people in marathons that they have been catching taking taxis or other means of transportation. Yes you did finish, but you accomplished nothing.
of course, money grows on trees. who needs skills and brains to earn it :)

and oh yeahhh, i can see truth hurts .. a lot :rolleyes:

tam...
06-24-2013, 07:58 PM

Oh dear. Does that mean we need to get rid of our non gold players???
Durn it, that's a disappointment

Angel6ix6ix6
06-24-2013, 10:58 PM
Sad you can't see how silly that is. We are talking about the game. You connect it to real life. No separation for you. It's ok, it's a pity, but it's obvious you can't help it. You do what you have to do to fill the obvious void in your life. Can't fault you for that. I only hope this game makes your life better. Good luck and keep your head up, life will get better, but you have to live it. Real life, not pixels. When you are ready of course.

of course, money grows on trees. who needs skills and brains to earn it :)

and oh yeahhh, i can see truth hurts .. a lot :rolleyes:

TZora
06-24-2013, 11:16 PM
and what void are "you" filling by playing crimecity? you are playing this game and that's why you joined these forums too. the only difference is that some people spend real money, time, brain, energy earning pixels and you don't spend money but you do spend "more" time, brain and energy to earn the same pixels. so what different are you? keep hating and keep expecting the sun will shine for you some fine day, so you could also freely spend money on something that entertains you, chummy :o

BigMoney
06-24-2013, 11:28 PM
The better question is what void is that Grim Reaper filling by acting superior to others on the internet, trying to troll others about the size of their disposable income.

TZora
06-24-2013, 11:42 PM
everybody is filling some void in order to keep themselves happy out of their busy lives. the question is, what floats your boat? to me, if anything entertains me, i'll go any far to achieve that happiness and joy. critics don't bother me much but their hypocrisy is intolerable. when they themselves do things that are childish or inappropriate and tell others they shouldn't ... just makes me go whaaaaa daaaa faaaark :)

Rastas
06-25-2013, 05:28 AM
The better question is what void is that Grim Reaper filling by acting superior to others on the internet, trying to troll others about the size of their disposable income.

It could be worse, he could be trolling you about the size of something else.

dr007
06-25-2013, 07:03 AM
This thread makes it evident that there is a huge divide in this game just like in real life: the haves and the have nots or those who choose to spend on this game and those who do not. At the end of the day, be happy with yourself. You are only a fool if you don't have the dollars and you are going into debt trying to keep up with the Joneses. Although I have spent way more in this game than I ever thought I would, what I spent, is pocket money to me. It may be a fortune to someone else but my life is accomplished. I worked hard and had a bit of luck. I get enjoyment from playing. I play about an hour or 2 a day now so cc does not consume my life, contrary to popular belief. If you have never been to an island, you may have a completely distorted image of an islander! Enjoy! Once you no longer enjoy, walk away from the game. Lol

BigMoney
06-25-2013, 07:43 AM

That would be a strange thing to do, as most men are envious of large penises.

Angel6ix6ix6
06-25-2013, 02:24 PM
It's all the same to them. Lol

Angel6ix6ix6
06-25-2013, 02:27 PM
U mad bro? It's ok, someone had to tell you the truth. Spend gold and finish the ltq event to make yourself feel better.

and what void are "you" filling by playing crimecity? you are playing this game and that's why you joined these forums too. the only difference is that some people spend real money, time, brain, energy earning pixels and you don't spend money but you do spend "more" time, brain and energy to earn the same pixels. so what different are you? keep hating and keep expecting the sun will shine for you some fine day, so you could also freely spend money on something that entertains you, chummy :o

duckid
06-25-2013, 03:44 PM
I wanted to come back to this thread to just say another little tidbit.

Anytime a game can be "won" by simply shelling out money doesn't really sound like much fun to me. Teams like Fight Club only take first place because they shell out a lot of money... just more than second place. They didn't invent some amazing strategy that allows them to crush any team. These events don't pose any challenge to them because they know all they have to do is keep buying gold to finish whatever roadblock is in front of them. You can't really deny the fact that money/gold propels IP. You simply cannot gain 27-30 million IP in an event without using tons of gold. You might have some non-gold users but they are only there to be used as scouts or are friends of officers... you aren't just picking up some random player cause he applied and "seemed nice... lets give him a shot". Pfft.

I can't really imagine what drives them to keep playing as all they (or anybody that heavily relies on gold) just needs a fat bankroll to get them whatever they want.

Sadly CC isn't really a game that anyone can actually applaud the top teams. Imagine Tiger Woods setting up for a long putt and instead just said "I want this to go in... here is $50,000" and the officials taking his money. That's how I view top team like Fight Club.

I'll continue playing CC because I don't buy my way through events or buy the best items. I'll never be the top player or on the top team but I'll know that what I did in CC was fun because it wasn't just given to me. And one day CC will be gone and I won't think anything of it.

tam...
06-25-2013, 05:33 PM
I wanted to come back to this thread to just say another little tidbit.

Anytime a game can be "won" by simply shelling out money doesn't really sound like much fun to me. Teams like Fight Club only take first place because they shell out a lot of money... just more than second place. They didn't invent some amazing strategy that allows them to crush any team. These events don't pose any challenge to them because they know all they have to do is keep buying gold to finish whatever roadblock is in front of them. You can't really deny the fact that money/gold propels IP. You simply cannot gain 27-30 million IP in an event without using tons of gold. You might have some non-gold users but they are only there to be used as scouts or are friends of officers... you aren't just picking up some random player cause he applied and "seemed nice... lets give him a shot". Pfft.

I can't really imagine what drives them to keep playing as all they (or anybody that heavily relies on gold) just needs a fat bankroll to get them whatever they want.

Sadly CC isn't really a game that anyone can actually applaud the top teams. Imagine Tiger Woods setting up for a long putt and instead just said "I want this to go in... here is $50,000" and the officials taking his money. That's how I view top team like Fight Club.

I'll continue playing CC because I don't buy my way through events or buy the best items. I'll never be the top player or on the top team but I'll know that what I did in CC was fun because it wasn't just given to me. And one day CC will be gone and I won't think anything of it.

Now, why use a non gold player as a scout and give points away to the opposing team, if you have a stronger player who can be a scout and win points.

tam...
06-25-2013, 05:40 PM
"Sadly CC isn't really a game that anyone can actually applaud the top teams. Imagine Tiger Woods setting up for a long putt and instead just said "I want this to go in... here is $50,000" and the officials taking his money. That's how I view top team like Fight Club."

Using that argument Tiger nor anyone else actually hits the ball
Thus you are saying no one in any of the top teams bothers to fight

atc
06-25-2013, 06:24 PM
I find it funny that many people seem to not realize that this game was designed by Gree to MAKE THEM MONEY. It was designed so that, in order to be the best, you have to spend money. The big gold spenders aren't being dishonorable or unsportsmanlike by spending gold. They're playing the game how it was meant to be played. If you believe the game was designed to be played for free, you're very naive. If you don't like it, don't play the game. I promise you no one cares.

Angel6ix6ix6
06-25-2013, 06:45 PM
You cared enough to reply in this thread. So easy for some of you to lie.

TZora
06-25-2013, 07:16 PM
U mad bro? It's ok, someone had to tell you the truth. Spend gold and finish the ltq event to make yourself feel better.
bro .. never mind. no bro, i'm not mad bro .. i'm just stating the facts bro .. the truth is, whatever floats your boat bro .. yo bro! u getting my point bro?

TZora
06-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Anytime a game can be "won" by simply shelling out money doesn't really sound like much fun to me. Teams like Fight Club only take first place because they shell out a lot of money...
now that's some news ..

TZora
06-25-2013, 07:43 PM
I find it funny that many people seem to not realize that this game was designed by Gree to MAKE THEM MONEY. It was designed so that, in order to be the best, you have to spend money. The big gold spenders aren't being dishonorable or unsportsmanlike by spending gold. They're playing the game how it was meant to be played. If you believe the game was designed to be played for free, you're very naive. If you don't like it, don't play the game. I promise you no one cares.
couldn't have put it in a better way :)

for the critics ...

there are only 2 aspects to playing this game. gold or non-gold. if you have some money to throw, you be a gold player. if you don't, you be a free player. gree designed the game that way, not players. if it were a first person shooter game, it would take some skill to take headshots. but it is not a fps game or some other game genre. still, you can apply some skill while buying weapons. you have to make certain calculations, which gold weapons will make the most difference to your stats. apart from that, what skill are these ppl talking about .. i have no clue. this game was designed to make people spend. so if you can spend real money on gold, that's the only skillset you need to have in order to be strong. if you have it, good for you. if you don't, go play some other game. deal with it, live with it.

atc
06-25-2013, 09:07 PM
You cared enough to reply in this thread. So easy for some of you to lie.

I care enough to tell you how it is. I don't care if you play the game or not.

Btw, I'm a free player. No grudges against gold spenders here.

Angel6ix6ix6
06-25-2013, 09:15 PM
bro .. never mind. no bro, i'm not mad bro .. i'm just stating the facts bro .. the truth is, whatever floats your boat bro .. yo bro! u getting my point bro?

Lmao, awwwwww that's what you came up with. You was mad when you wrote that! Lmao...,awwwwww go attack someone. Use your skills in buying a gold weapon first! Lmao....awwwwwww!haaaaha!

TZora
06-25-2013, 09:19 PM
ha! you don't know me sweetie .. i don't get mad that quickly and i don't hate people just because they have more money than me. i'm loved so there is no room for 'hate' in my life :)

Dipstik
06-25-2013, 09:23 PM
It has nothing to do with being a gold player or a free player... Angel's like that to everybody. Check his post history and save your breath.

duckid
06-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Tzora,

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot. What you or whatever person that uses gold does is up to you. Gree has blatantly designed this game to require gold to be "the best".

My point really is that a game that requires you to simply buy gold to push through any obstacle isn't really much of a challenge. I just can't see how anyone can think they have met and defeated a challenge when all they did was buy it off.

Tell me this... if someone in the #2 team won the lottery one day and decided all he wanted to do was devote all his money to his team to become #1... what would Fight Club do differently to win? To be "the best"? What could you do? Nothing.

Tell me you have some secret weapon or amazing strategy you would pull out in this scenario and maybe people would classify that as you meeting a challenge and overcoming it. But you can't. You don't have anything but your wallets to fuel the needed IP.

tam...
06-25-2013, 10:26 PM
I care enough to tell you how it is. I don't care if you play the game or not.

Btw, I'm a free player. No grudges against gold spenders here.

Quiet applause,👏 I admire the free players, for they earn their stats the tough way👏

tam...
06-25-2013, 10:29 PM
One player on a team with amazing high stats can't win it for the team
The Indians did have such a player and they still failed to secure 1st place

reras
06-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Tzora,

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot. What you or whatever person that uses gold does is up to you. Gree has blatantly designed this game to require gold to be "the best".

My point really is that a game that requires you to simply buy gold to push through any obstacle isn't really much of a challenge. I just can't see how anyone can think they have met and defeated a challenge when all they did was buy it off.

Tell me this... if someone in the #2 team won the lottery one day and decided all he wanted to do was devote all his money to his team to become #1... what would Fight Club do differently to win? To be "the best"? What could you do? Nothing.

Tell me you have some secret weapon or amazing strategy you would pull out in this scenario and maybe people would classify that as you meeting a challenge and overcoming it. But you can't. You don't have anything but your wallets to fuel the needed IP.

And? Still the way the game was designed, and you play it and we play it

TZora
06-25-2013, 10:48 PM
My point really is that a game that requires you to simply buy gold to push through any obstacle isn't really much of a challenge
then what is "challenge" according to you in a game like this? play without spending?

this game is totally out of whack if you ask me. my attack is 418k and if i lose an attack to someone with 350k defense, that's ridiculous! even if i lose an attack to someone with 417k defense, that's ridiculous! you are comparing this game with other games you've played in past. for eg., the fps games where you really need some level of skill to point and shoot. that's what i call a "challenge". this game in itself is nothing but simcity. you build a great looking hood and fill it with lots of money/defense buildings. where's the challenge? then you play the events that are based on some ridiculous algorithm and you could win the freagin prize in just 10 opens or 10,000 opens. where's the challenge? you attack someone with more defense than you and you lose. then you visit their hood and rob the buildings. that's the challenge you are talking about? from beginning to the end, i don't see anything like "challenge" .. this game is totally biased to the rich who can spend real money. this game endorses spending money and that's what some people do. if you are feeling disgusted because they can spend and you can't, take a break .. buy a computer, buy a fps game and there you have the challenge you are talking about :)

the only challenge this game offers is the "money in your pocket". if you have more, you spend more and be the queen/king of crimecity.

Angel6ix6ix6
06-25-2013, 10:54 PM
ha! you don't know me sweetie .. i don't get mad that quickly and i don't hate people just because they have more money than me. i'm loved so there is no room for 'hate' in my life :)

Lol@ I'm loved! Lmao...awwwwwww it's ok. Saddest thing I've ever read on this board.

TZora
06-25-2013, 10:55 PM
that's what i'm saying, you are a sadistic. even "love" makes you "sad" .. feel sorry for you :)

Angel6ix6ix6
06-25-2013, 11:02 PM
that's what i'm saying, you are a sadistic. even "love" makes you "sad" .. feel sorry for you :)

Awwwwww @ you mentioning love. Do you feel love playing CC? Get it where you can.

reras
06-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Think that what she meant. Enough with that, lock this thread now... Please

TZora
06-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Awwwwww @ you mentioning love. Do you feel love playing CC? Get it where you can.
you bet! i have more fans than you can count. the whole indian camp is full of my fans lol. on a serious note, i was in the fight club as a free player. i've spent zero cents for the time i was in fight club. any guesses why i was a part of the club? not that i expect a sensible reply from you but some food for your thoughts ..

TZora
06-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Think that what she meant. Enough with that, lock this thread now... Please
you can't expect anything good from him ... his name says it all ... Angel 666 .. quite a history with that name mr. fallen angel :)

tam...
06-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Before its locked, some people put forward interesting points of view and I appreciated reading the interesting posts, thank you for posting.
The rubbish posts, just showed that some people are too lazy to think for themselves

duckid
06-25-2013, 11:59 PM
then what is "challenge" according to you in a game like this? play without spending?

There is no challenge in this game. It really is just a pretty simcity with some events. I really wish Gree devoted some energy into making it actually have some skill to play but oh well I don't see them doing that anytime soon especially when people are so eager to shell out the cash.

I play with spending the bare minimum because of the very reason I gave above. To think of the dollar amount I know some folks have spent is really funny regardless of how much money they have in real life.

I guess I think of the games in this life that take real skill and dedication. When those people achieve goals and rewards I can at least be envious at their skills but in CC I just know some dude forked out a grand for it. Just funny is all.

tam...
06-26-2013, 12:14 AM
If no one paid, no one would play

tam...
06-26-2013, 12:18 AM
As for the spending or buying gold, I think the Indians would be the best ones to ask
They spend when they think they can catch the team in front
They spend to stay in front of the team below them
So they are both pulled along and pushed from below

Angel6ix6ix6
06-26-2013, 01:06 AM
you bet! i have more fans than you can count. the whole indian camp is full of my fans lol. on a serious note, i was in the fight club as a free player. i've spent zero cents for the time i was in fight club. any guesses why i was a part of the club? not that i expect a sensible reply from you but some food for your thoughts ..

Lol@ a testimonial .

Aibileen Clark: You is kind. You is smart. You is important.

TZora
06-26-2013, 01:54 AM
The Help is an awesome movie, loved watching it :)

Butt Futter
06-26-2013, 04:10 AM
There is no challenge in this game. It really is just a pretty simcity with some events. I really wish Gree devoted some energy into making it actually have some skill to play but oh well I don't see them doing that anytime soon especially when people are so eager to shell out the cash.

I play with spending the bare minimum because of the very reason I gave above. To think of the dollar amount I know some folks have spent is really funny regardless of how much money they have in real life.

I guess I think of the games in this life that take real skill and dedication. When those people achieve goals and rewards I can at least be envious at their skills but in CC I just know some dude forked out a grand for it. Just funny is all.

I put my CC stats on my resume. I get tons of job offers daily.

Butt Futter
06-26-2013, 04:10 AM
As for the spending or buying gold, I think the Indians would be the best ones to ask
They spend when they think they can catch the team in front
They spend to stay in front of the team below them
So they are both pulled along and pushed from below

I'll agree with that assesment.

atc
06-26-2013, 04:51 AM
Quiet applause, I admire the free players, for they earn their stats the tough way

Maybe you missed the part where I'm on your side. No need for sarcasm. There's nothing tough about tapping a screen.

reras
06-26-2013, 04:53 AM
The tough way is to play for free? Don't think so. As far as i know, giving up on the money you can use to invite your wife on dinner, is MORE tough.

tam...
06-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Maybe you missed the part where I'm on your side. No need for sarcasm. There's nothing tough about tapping a screen.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Tough as in increasing ones stats as they level up. It's slow and they are on the frequently hit list

dr007
06-26-2013, 07:09 PM
I call your bluff. Why do you play the game? You even created a forum account and post!!! You could play marbles by yourself!

dr007
06-26-2013, 07:12 PM
If there is no strategy to the game, why has FC won every war? Other syndicates spend and some may have out spent FC a war or 2 ago! Yet they were not #1. My theory: it is probably very difficult for you to imagine because you simply do not get it. It's quite simply the same argument why some spend and others don't. There is a saying: if you are not successful but wish to be, make friends with a successful person. Making friends with other losers will not make you a success. Just saying....

Happyperson1
06-27-2013, 12:09 AM
I'm begging for this this thread to be locked. Reading all 18 pages isn't a good use of my time. I could be spending my time in more fulfilling ways-- suntanning with no UV protection, buying lots of gold and feeling better as a person, or helping the local charity down the block.

These topics always get everyone frustrated because it usually devolves into simpleton arguments like " You're rich but you feel bad about yourself. That's why you send so much on CC". Ridiculous. Or "Playing CC without buying gold is the tough way to play. I'm righteous". Also ridiculous. For the most part, we all fall into a spectrum somewhere we spend some money to purchase a little bit of gold. If there is skill involved in CC, buying gold doesn't negate it. Is being the top player in CC as difficult intellectually as being the world champion in chess? No. But give two players $25,000 to spend on CC and I guarantee you one will be better than the other ...and not because of chance.

To duckid I say...Please stop playing and telling us here how you hate CC. Just stop playing and go self-actualize somewhere else.

To Tzora I say-- You have incredible patience answering post after post. And by the way, you are loved. By many people in CC and in RL.

And to Angel 666 -- Your constant juvenile sarcasm here isn't appreciated here. Why so negative about everyone? I feel sorry for you.

That wraps it up folks...lets get on with our lives and do whatever we like doing. For many of us who post in this forum, that may mean playing CC. We are not addicted, we have other things to do in the world but I would bet that the vast majority of us enjoy playing CC. Because its a decent game.

Lurker
06-27-2013, 01:14 AM
Can't say I agree with everything you've posted on this thread but this observation below is spot on. Nicely stated.

"this game is totally biased to the rich who can spend real money. this game endorses spending money and that's what some people do. if you are feeling disgusted because they can spend and you can't, take a break .. buy a computer, buy a fps game and there you have the challenge you are talking about"

Lurker
06-27-2013, 01:18 AM
Well said Tam, that's the truth, ain't it?

Quiet applause, I admire the free players, for they earn their stats the tough way

TZora
06-27-2013, 05:20 AM
To Tzora I say-- You have incredible patience answering post after post. And by the way, you are loved. By many people in CC and in RL
it takes a loving heart to give love, you do have a loving heart too and that's what makes you a wonderful person :)

TZora
06-27-2013, 05:30 AM
If no one paid, no one would play
actually, i wanted to quote tam's words. she did say a lot in just a few words! all of the free players who "enjoy" playing this game should be thankful to those who pay for this game. those who shell out money are the one keeping this game alive. same goes with modernwar, other gree titles and other non-gree games wherever real money is involved. whether others do their part or not, i'll do mine. thank you fight club, ckm, indians, rogues gallery and everyone else who help keeping the game servers running for all of us :)

Happyperson1
06-27-2013, 08:40 AM
As someone who does buy gold occasionally, I don't want thanks from anyone. Each player plays in the manner they want to. If no one bought gold, I agree that GREE would simply shut game down. But I buy gold for my own purposes not to help anyone else.
I don't agree with the characterization of free play as "tougher" than if you buy gold. It's just a different style of game play with different expectations for outcomes. But reasonable people can disagree on these points. What I find unfortunate in this discussion is the constant introduction of class warfare and wrong-minded pop psychology -- the haves vs. the have-nots; the discussions of jealousy and the emptiness of the lives of frequent or high-spending players.

This s just a video game. We don't know each other well enough to say that by winning an event you don't see the sun. Or if you play 5 hours a day you're filling a void. That kind of snap characterization of other players' lives is grotesque. Too much Dr. Phil. We are all players of a game and that's our common interest. To go beyond that and say that free players are jealous of gold players or that gold players are rich snobs is silly and purposely argumentative. Let's discuss the game and not speculate about our RL lives. To the extent there is a community at all of CC players it's about the game and nothing else. And as a community, showing a little kindness to each other in this forum and on the walls in CC would be a refreshing change.

Dipstik
06-27-2013, 09:20 AM
I'm begging for this this thread to be locked. Reading all 18 pages isn't a good use of my time. I could be spending my time in more fulfilling ways-- suntanning with no UV protection, buying lots of gold and feeling better as a person, or helping the local charity down the block.

<Wall of text pretty much begging for responses from a few easily agitated folks>

Well played, sir. *munches popcorn*

(CCK) Cam
06-27-2013, 09:54 AM
Well played, sir. *munches popcorn**takes popcorn from dipstik and eats it*

Happyperson1
06-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Dippy -- if I can entertain you for a few minutes, I feel like I've accomplished something today. 😊

Gunflame
06-27-2013, 10:13 AM
I think the title of this thread should have been "when will Fightclub not come in first place?" That would be an interesting discussion.

TZora
06-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Well played, sir. *munches popcorn*
of course, how could you stay away from a thread that has gone 19 pages long .. those popcorns don't have enough salt, do they? this thread has enough :)

TZora
06-27-2013, 10:31 AM
I think the title of this thread should have been "when will Fightclub not come in first place?" That would be an interesting discussion.
that could happen only in #2's dreams :p

Dipstik
06-27-2013, 11:10 AM
I haven't read it either, but I can guess.

Buncha people talking about how it would be better if fight club gave their money to lazy poor people instead of buying gold. Buncha guilty fight goldbugs saying "How do you know we don't? Mind your own business!" Buncha non-guilty goldbugs saying "How I spend my money is my own business" Buncha noobs complaining about how the game is biased towards goldbugs.

Am I close, Tzora?

duckid
06-27-2013, 01:54 PM
To duckid I say...Please stop playing and telling us here how you hate CC. Just stop playing and go self-actualize somewhere else.

That wraps it up folks...lets get on with our lives and do whatever we like doing. For many of us who post in this forum, that may mean playing CC. We are not addicted, we have other things to do in the world but I would bet that the vast majority of us enjoy playing CC. Because its a decent game.

First off I want to make one thing very clear... I do not hate CC. You have completely read my posts incorrectly. I don't know why you did but you did. What I hate about this game is that it is so catered to people who are willing to spend real money to advance. There is no way around it. The vast majority of the games I have played in the past (mainly MMO PC games) have never been like this. If you wanted the rewards you simply had to put in the "work". To move past content you had to at least have some skill and tactics... you couldn't simply hand over $1000 to the GMs and say "make that boss dead and give me the loot!!!". But as people have stated this is a completely different game... and yes it is but it still doesn't change the fact that to advance in this game all you have to do is spend.

What people do in this game is up to them but you won't see me patting them on the back and being envious of their accounts because I know all they did was spend to get to where they are now. I've also spent money on this game (around $100 total) and for that I've progressed in some areas where I wanted to see the rewards. For those that wish to spend on this game good for them... but its just an easy way to move past any obstacle to get what you want. Not that much fun when that's all you do in this game to "succeed".

So that brings me to FC and the rest. FC is number #1 in this game because their crew is the most willing to spend money in this game. They have no special strategies and no advanced tactics that will separate themselves vs. the Indians or Rogues. They simply spend more to always be #1. At some point in time this has to get old for them but then again as they state it's "pocket change" for them to continue to throw money at this game so ho-hum.

I misspoke earlier in this threat about some guy winning the lottery and devoting all his money to this game... so let me restate this. Let's pretend someone in Rogues Gallery won the lottery and he gave $50,000 to every member in Rogues Gallery to dedicate solely to CC for one month. Please tell me what FC would do to ensure their own victory... and please don't say FC would have to spend $50,000+ as that's kinda proving my point.

I'm curious about your answer.

TZora
06-27-2013, 02:33 PM
I haven't read it either, but I can guess.

Buncha people talking about how it would be better if fight club gave their money to lazy poor people instead of buying gold. Buncha guilty fight goldbugs saying "How do you know we don't? Mind your own business!" Buncha non-guilty goldbugs saying "How I spend my money is my own business" Buncha noobs complaining about how the game is biased towards goldbugs.

Am I close, Tzora?
yup .. that's the salt i'm talking about *blink blink blink*

tam...
06-27-2013, 02:55 PM
"Let's pretend someone in Rogues Gallery won the lottery and he gave $50,000 to every member in Rogues Gallery to dedicate solely to CC for one month. Please tell me what FC would do to ensure their own victory... and please don't say FC would have to spend $50,000+ as that's kinda proving my point." Blue

Blue, this has already happened in a roundabout way when Gree accidentally made an error and handed out 65,000 + free gold to a lot of players
Fight club still won the battle even though we were up against teams who had free gold to spend

Dipstik
06-27-2013, 03:00 PM
You can all put this in your signatures and quote me on it. Fight club will lose to drama. Fight Club is, by definition, a collection of the biggest spenders in Crime City. Aside from a few stragglers who have their own issues (mostly indians who stick with their group out of nostalgia... isn't that cute?), if you spend enough money, you get to be part of Fight Club. When your group is defined by being the biggest spenders, it's logically impossible to believe they will ever be outspent.

But what WILL happen is eventually there will be a split within Fight Club. I don't know if a new group will be formed or, more likely, a large portion of formerly Fight Club players will decide to join another existing syndicate and make THAT group the default place for all the biggest spenders to go.

tl;dr: It's not about beating fight club because whoever "beats" them will BE the new "Fight Club." Don't even try.

edit: Since Drama is the strongest force in Crime City, does that make me HTC's secret weapon? I think so.

tam...
06-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Evolution, it has a lot to answer for
Change is inevitable

sister morphine
06-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Blue, this has already happened in a roundabout way when Gree accidentally made an error and handed out 65,000 + free gold to a lot of players
Fight club still won the battle even though we were up against teams who had free gold to spend
The way I remember that is Gree snatched back any gold unspent within hours. Those players who received and spent it did so on boosting stats. The glitch gold certainly wasn't around long enough to be used for war fighting purposes.

duckid
06-27-2013, 03:20 PM

Hmm when did that happen? I never heard of that or received free gold. Can I assume FC also received free gold from this glitch?

Maybe I should rephrase this to be very specific. If one day Rogue Gallery sat down with all their members and said "enough is enough" we are sick and tired of losing to FC (and Indian I guess) and so hey committed to spending a ridiculous amount of money on the war. Way more than FC ever spends or was willing to spend. Are you saying that Rogue Gallery would still come in 2nd or 3rd?

Maybe I'm just not understanding what you are doing vs. the rest of the top 10 teams (besides the willingness to spend more than the next team) because quite frankly the method of battle, length of battles, tools to use in battles and IP from wins is very simplistic. Gold spent is the only major variable in the final amount of IP in a war.

I know your team is better equipped and I know you have slightly better bonuses but all teams play different teams. Also the #1 prize tends to not be crucial in war events for example getting 1 more energy every minute isn't going to do anything... unless you tell me that translates to war energy as well. If every team only went up against you then I can easily see why they would lose to you every time simply because your core group is better equipped but that's not the case in these wars.

I'm looking for answers because the only thing I can come up with is FC is more willing to spend gold versus the rest of the teams out there. The major variable of spending gold is the simple answer.

dr007
06-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Not every gold spender is in FC. Just saying...

sister morphine
06-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Not every gold spender is in FC. Just saying...
Of course, but it's fair to guess that pretty much all of the subset who can spend "more than the average person earns in a year on this game, but it's pocket money to me" are?

MrM
06-27-2013, 04:28 PM
The idea of 'giving money to poor people' is so preposterously wrong that I'd prefer everyone in FC to continue what controlling this game and don't bother to 'give money to poor people'. Ever. As far as what the stereotypical 'poor person' is going to do with that cash is concerned you're better off dumping it into a game. Much better for the econmy as a whole.

dr007
06-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Also an untrue statement: we can assume that all top 10 syndicates have gold spenders. The top 3-5 syndicates are more than likely all or mostly gold spenders.

It is hilarious to read some of these posts. Fight Club was a mix of independent players at the onset. With the help of my good friend Paulio, we added some CK members. It was never let's look at who the biggest spenders in the game are. It was a way to align players with the same mindset: win syndicate wars. Some of these players have retired from the game or have wanted to take it easy somewhat so new (just as strong) players hav stepped in. We have never to this day only required players to spend to be in FC. There has to be trust. And you have to be a dedicated player.

I'm sure the haters will find plenty to troll or talk about. But, this, ladies & gentlemen, is the truth. I have been involved since the onset and I am still there today in a senior role. Don't believe the hype! And for those who truly feel there is no strategy other than money, think again and think hard or you will never be #1 even if you decide to spend massive amounts of money. Enough said....

Of course, but it's fair to guess that pretty much all of the subset who can spend "more than the average person earns in a year on this game, but it's pocket money to me" are?

Dipstik
06-27-2013, 04:33 PM
If you disagree with anything I say, go read it again. So far you haven't said anything I disagree with. You're overly defensive and setting up straw men.

duckid
06-27-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm sure the haters will find plenty to troll or talk about. But, this, ladies & gentlemen, is the truth. I have been involved since the onset and I am still there today in a senior role. Don't believe the hype! And for those who truly feel there is no strategy other than money, think again and think hard or you will never be #1 even if you decide to spend massive amounts of money. Enough said....

Well actually not enough said.

I'm sure you want to believe that there is a strategy that goes along with your gold spending but at the heart of IP accumulation the big winner is how much gold are you willing to spend to outpace the #2 team.

Again the rules of battles are fairly simple. The tools you are able to use, the lengths and time between battles (if any) and the bonuses available to Top 10 teams are relatively the same. Using scouts to find the weakest targets is common practice. Dedicating certain players to wall destruction is fairly standard practice. Your gold users tend to be the big hitters as they can get the most bang for their buck. All standard practices in CC.

The only major variable is how much gold you spend and its a huge variable that can have major impact on IP accumulation which is the end all be all of who is #1 and who is #2.

Convince me (and others) that there is some secret formula you use otherwise you'll just be chalked up to "the team that is willing to spend the most real money to be #1". Not that grand of a title if you ask me.

(CCK) Cam
06-27-2013, 06:42 PM
*munches more popcorn*

tam...
06-27-2013, 06:56 PM
I agree with Dippy

TZora
06-27-2013, 07:59 PM
The idea of 'giving money to poor people' is so preposterously wrong that I'd prefer everyone in FC to continue what controlling this game and don't bother to 'give money to poor people'. Ever. As far as what the stereotypical 'poor person' is going to do with that cash is concerned you're better off dumping it into a game. Much better for the econmy as a whole.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/11/26/nyregion/26weed-cityroom/26weed-cityroom-blog480.jpg

that kind of poor people?

TZora
06-27-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm sure you want to believe that there is a strategy that goes along with your gold spending but at the heart of IP accumulation the big winner is how much gold are you willing to spend to outpace the #2 team.
indians spent a hell lot of gold trying to win the first war. ask them, where did they went wrong ;)
i'm not going to lay out the strategies fight club used so that you and others can take advantage of it. on the other hand, it is not rocket science. almost everyone knows what gives you more IPs during wars. go figure ...

tam...
06-27-2013, 08:19 PM
They dont win their first fight in a new battle: Indians v FC
That's when everyone holds the most gold and is at their most enthusiastic to win
I don't consider the Indians to be gold paupers

Happyperson1
06-28-2013, 12:11 AM
I'm glad that duckid doesn't hate CC or successful players. Every post is another whine! He hates the fact that spending more gold helps FC win every single battle. Gosh, we're sorry! You design a massive online game where money doesn't mattre and we'll see how many people play your game. You're wasting so many pages with ridiculous arguments. You got us, duckhead! Buying gold contributes to success in CC. I hear the amount of money helps a little bit in auto racing, baseball and sailing. What an exposé! Please call the NY Times so you can make the morning edition. You are a one-note band. A monotone uninteresting band!

Vito Corleone
06-28-2013, 05:21 AM
Hmm when did that happen? I never heard of that or received free gold. Can I assume FC also received free gold from this glitch?

Maybe I should rephrase this to be very specific. If one day Rogue Gallery sat down with all their members and said "enough is enough" we are sick and tired of losing to FC (and Indian I guess) and so hey committed to spending a ridiculous amount of money on the war. Way more than FC ever spends or was willing to spend. Are you saying that Rogue Gallery would still come in 2nd or 3rd?

Maybe I'm just not understanding what you are doing vs. the rest of the top 10 teams (besides the willingness to spend more than the next team) because quite frankly the method of battle, length of battles, tools to use in battles and IP from wins is very simplistic. Gold spent is the only major variable in the final amount of IP in a war.

I know your team is better equipped and I know you have slightly better bonuses but all teams play different teams. Also the #1 prize tends to not be crucial in war events for example getting 1 more energy every minute isn't going to do anything... unless you tell me that translates to war energy as well. If every team only went up against you then I can easily see why they would lose to you every time simply because your core group is better equipped but that's not the case in these wars.

I'm looking for answers because the only thing I can come up with is FC is more willing to spend gold versus the rest of the teams out there. The major variable of spending gold is the simple answer.
The 65k glitch happened when GREE changed the bonus system from manual work to be automatic. Some players that were due to get a 15k (old 10 vaults) bonus also got the 50k (old 20 vaults) bonus as well. Hence 65k gold. Many of these players spent all gold on crates and le items. After some hours when GREE found out they removed the 50k unlegit gold from players accounts, that had got it by mistake, if it was still there. The players that spent their 50k gold already got 2 options.
1.) Keep their items but "owe" GREE 50k gold
2.) Gree should manualy remove these items from players inventory...very time inefficent work for the support team.
Gree perferred the 1st option.

This happened when it was night here in Europe...when I woke up that morning I had the same amount of gold I had the evening before. If I had been given exta gold by mistake I never noticed it.

Happyperson1
06-28-2013, 07:22 AM
Don Corleone -- you bless us with your presence here! I had no idea you were in Sweden. Are you in exile? When will it be safe for you to return to your home in Corleone, Italy? I have pledged my assistance to you in return for the favor you granted me so if you need me to ensure your safe return to Italy I will do everything in my power to help. However, I caution you that I am only truly powerful in Empire City which is not in Italy nor Sweden I'm afraid.

Your most humble servant,
happyperson1

Dipstik
06-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Don Corleone -- you bless us with your presence here! I had no idea you were in Sweden. Are you in exile? When will it be safe for you to return to your home in Corleone, Italy? I have pledged my assistance to you in return for the favor you granted me so if you need me to ensure your safe return to Italy I will do everything in my power to help. However, I caution you that I am only truly powerful in Empire City which is not in Italy nor Sweden I'm afraid.

Your most humble servant,
happyperson1

Don't encourage him. Way too many scarface/godfather/sopranos names in this game already.

duckid
06-28-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm glad that duckid doesn't hate CC or successful players. Every post is another whine! He hates the fact that spending more gold helps FC win every single battle. Gosh, we're sorry! You design a massive online game where money doesn't mattre and we'll see how many people play your game. You're wasting so many pages with ridiculous arguments. You got us, duckhead! Buying gold contributes to success in CC. I hear the amount of money helps a little bit in auto racing, baseball and sailing. What an exposé! Please call the NY Times so you can make the morning edition. You are a one-note band. A monotone uninteresting band!

I know you want to hate on me and that's fine.

I've stated and agreed with people on this thread about the fact that Gree designed a game that was highly dependent on buying gold. They are a for profit business. What I've expressed over and over is that I don't like the fact that it is so dependent on that. Teams such as FC use this simple fact to be #1. If they didn't some other team would and it is simply due to the way the game is designed. There is a nice thread going on about the play free syndicates and how well they are doing... to me this is actually an accomplishment because they are putting their time and coordination to maximize their IP... instead of just simply refilling their energy over and over with a simple click of a button. To me they are overcoming some type of challenge.

There are plenty of video games out there that don't let you buy your way to the top. I have no idea what other games you play but I can't imagine anyone thinking you are some amazing player simply cause you had willingness to shell out $1000+ a month to buy pixels.

And as far so your examples... totally off based. You cannot buy a race car and then give the officials $100,000 to win the race. Every obstacle in this game can be overcome by buying gold. To me that is an absolutely boring way to play and for the most part (I caved in and have put in about $100) I have kept it to a free play game.

Go out and play a round of golf with your friends... on every hole when you get to the green simply hand each player $20 and tell them you want your next putt to go in. I'm sure they are gonna love the fact that they have $360 in their pocket... but they aren't going to think you are some amazing golfer.

In the end I just wish Gree didn't make it so blatant on how to "win" this game.

Happyperson1
06-28-2013, 10:33 AM
It's silly to waste time arguing over the mix of money and skill in CC vs. other games. According to you, if I give two new players $10,000 to pay CC with they will end up in the same spot six months later. I disagree. Tzora already listed some of the "skill" elements in the game. Have you played it? There are hundreds of decisions facing players all the time. Who to attack. What to buy. Do you have the people skills to put together a functioning syndicate? Again, I believe skill is a larger determinant in outcomes in chess than in CC. I've never heard anyone say they are a great player in CC. But if you think that being smart and persuasive doesn't help you're just plain wrong.

duckid
06-28-2013, 10:54 AM
What I've said from the beginning is that every obstacle can be overcome by real money. Simple.

And your analogy isn't really good because you are using an example of 2 people with completely different thought processes to play this game and then basing that on a predefined "spot" to see who is better. What I'm saying is for people that do know this game and are in the same mindset it comes down to how much you spend in battles. Would it be fair to say players in Rogue Gallery and Indian Nation know how to play this game? The only thing separating them from FC at the end of the battles is the amount of gold spent and who they play (which all teams have no way to determine).

I know this will never happen but I would love to see the correlation of gold bought versus the rank a syndicate places in battles. If there was a way to cap the amount of gold each syndicate was able to use in a battle event that would at least make a fair playing field as each syndicate couldn't just use the power of the almighty dollar to push ahead of #2.

TZora
06-28-2013, 11:05 AM
oh please stop ****ing and whining about gold spenders people .. just play the farking game as you wish to play. you have a problem with the gold spenders, quit playing this game .. its a feature that's made available by GREE. if you wish to cry and moan, go cry and moan to the support for allowing such unfairness .. and please stop making this game more boring as if it is not already enough lol

i feel sorry for people who are financially broke.
i feel sorry for some people who can't buy gold (including me).
i feel sorry for people who can't buy stats.
i feel sorry that you even created an account here duckid and alike to come by and whine and moan about gold spenders.
i feel sorry that you are pathetic stingy bastards.

just get the fark over with your never ending rant. i'm done, continue whining now :D

duckid
06-28-2013, 11:15 AM
oh please stop ****ing and whining about gold spenders people .. just play the farking game as you wish to play. you have a problem with the gold spenders, quit playing this game .. its a feature that's made available by GREE. if you wish to cry and moan, go cray and moan to the support for allowing such unfairness .. and please stop making this game more boring as if it is not already enough lol

i feel sorry for people who are financially broke.
i feel sorry for some people who can't buy gold (including me).
i feel sorry for people who can't buy stats.
i feel sorry that you even created an account here to come by and whine and moan about gold spenders duckid and alike.

just get the fark over with your never ending rant. i'm done, continue whining now :D

I'll just continue from your whining thread into my whining thread... fair enough?

Luckily for me you don't run these forums and I can post whatever I like.

Overall I just would like a change from Gree. It gets boring seeing Fight Club at the "winners" circle every time. And I'm sure if it continues gold spenders in Indian Nation and the like will stop spending because they see it is pointless to try to outspend FC.

Maybe that will promote a change from Gree (doubt it)... until then they will just keep collecting.

TZora
06-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Overall I just would like a change from Gree.
very intelligent idea, kudos! (or bananas?)

yea, go ahead and send support an email asking them to stop selling gold. one of the best ideas i've ever read on these forums!

duckid
06-28-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm wondering at this point if you even read my posts.

A change will come when people stop spending and I don't see that day coming anytime soon. But I do see people becoming bored with this game and that might promote Gree to rethink how the game is played.

Gree also has all the internal numbers. They might see that people are declining on spending gold due to how lopsided wins are and that the same teams constantly are 1, 2 and 3. People stop playing (and paying) when something becomes boring and futile.

I can only imagine how frustrated the members of Indian Nation and Rogues Gallery must be always coming in #2 and #3 with no hopes of ever getting #1.

Anyways I'm done with this thread. Have a lovely day.

TZora
06-28-2013, 11:43 AM
thank you and have a wonderful day you too :)

MattThomas08
06-28-2013, 11:53 AM
I can only imagine how frustrated the members of Indian Nation and Rogues Gallery must be always coming in #2 and #3 with no hopes of ever getting #1.

I don't see people getting frustrated over the placing. We usually try to conserve gold by not overspending on 3rd place and we usually have an exciting push at the end to finish. 2 wars ago it took a 3.1 million torrent of a final battle to hold the spot. Last war wasn't quite as hard of a push, but still a solid push from #4.

To be honest, I think the most boring spot is sitting in 1st place unchallenged. I'm sure they're not complaining about being 1st place or anything, but I don't suppose there's a ton of excitement in sitting with a 5 mil lead all war every war. Some of them step down from time to time to help some buddies make a push though.

Batman isn't fun without the Joker and the Globetrotters aren't all that impressive against the Generals ;)

TZora
06-28-2013, 06:20 PM
To be honest, I think the most boring spot is sitting in 1st place unchallenged.
according to who? that's the question.

i have not seen a single fight clubber saying, "i'm bored of winning and taking a 5 mil pts lead". but i do have seen many fight clubbers saying, "lets fight again". even when there's 5 mil lead :)

they just like to be #1 and that's more than enough to take the lead and kick some butts. fight clubbers love doing what they do :)

MattThomas08
06-28-2013, 06:56 PM
according to who? that's the question.

According to me, that's why I said 'I think'! ;p

I know they're having a blast and love being #1.

Happyperson1
06-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Alrighty then! Some people like winning and being first. But not everyone according to Matt. But some people like winning so much they hack into a teammate's account and spend his money for him(not you, Matt, I know).

We've reached the end of this thread. Goodnight.

cclover
06-30-2013, 01:55 AM
30 million

bald zeemer
06-30-2013, 02:18 AM
Not that I'm comparing the skill involved in CC with the skill involved in winning olympic gold, but the fact remains that those willing to spend the most on the Olympics win the most gold. It's very close to a direct link, barring outliers (small countries winning due to one particular individual).

Yes, spending more contributes directly to winning in CC. As it does in professional sports. And politics. And business. And, in fact, almost every single thing in life. Because money can be traded for goods and services, and the better resourced one is, the more likely one is to succeed.

I'm flabbergasted that this is a point of contention.

Helin0x
07-01-2013, 02:40 AM
love the folks talking about 4 vaults :D

The gold club probs has them spending $2k every other month for the bonus which is like more than 100% free gold...

Bala82
07-01-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm wondering at this point if you even read my posts.

A change will come when people stop spending and I don't see that day coming anytime soon. But I do see people becoming bored with this game and that might promote Gree to rethink how the game is played.

Gree also has all the internal numbers. They might see that people are declining on spending gold due to how lopsided wins are and that the same teams constantly are 1, 2 and 3. People stop playing (and paying) when something becomes boring and futile.

Anyways I'm done with this thread. Have a lovely day.

TBH Gree has moved on now focus on their new game war of nations so crime city isn't exactly priority according Gree developer there are more focused on creating new games.

Rollster
07-13-2013, 02:37 AM
"bump"

:cool:

TZora
07-13-2013, 04:15 AM
lol looks like ppl gonna keep bumping this thread each war .. and the history will repeat itself .. some ass will join this thread to bash ppl who spend real money on gold .. same old story ..

sister morphine
07-13-2013, 04:32 AM
lol looks like ppl gonna keep bumping this thread each war .. and the history will repeat itself .. some ass will join this thread to bash ppl who spend real money on gold .. same old story ..
The point surely is not using real money to buy gold; there's probably thousands do that. It's the sheer quantity that a few players spend. We all know the well-rehearsed arguments about spending (yawn!), zeemer's one equating "winning' in crime city to politics, business and sport (despite him saying he's not) is merely the most silly justification.

But seriously, if "winning" a silly phone game is so important to those people that they will cheerfully dump as much money into it as most regular people earn in a year, it's rather sad. The only winner is Gree. Accept that.

TZora
07-13-2013, 04:55 AM
here is a list of my hobbies sister ....

dancing
singing
cooking
playing crimecity
traveling

i spend (or have spent) money on "all of these hobbies" ... "as much as i can afford" to spend. if others "can afford" to "spend more" on their "set of hobbies", its because they have that kind of money to spend, which is just wonderful.

you are talking like those people save money on everything, cut their other hobbies, don't go out at all and then spend everything they have on crimecity .. seriously, what makes you think those who spend loads of money on this game, don't spend loads of money on their other hobbies?

if i had a billion dollars in my bank account, heck i would throw hundreds and thousands on this game and even more on my other hobbies. i think sad are those people who actually earn millions and don't spend on anything at all.

TZora
07-13-2013, 09:06 AM
yeap .. you do

bald zeemer
07-13-2013, 09:17 AM
The point surely is not using real money to buy gold; there's probably thousands do that. It's the sheer quantity that a few players spend. We all know the well-rehearsed arguments about spending (yawn!), zeemer's one equating "winning' in crime city to politics, business and sport (despite him saying he's not) is merely the most silly justification.

But seriously, if "winning" a silly phone game is so important to those people that they will cheerfully dump as much money into it as most regular people earn in a year, it's rather sad. The only winner is Gree. Accept that.

How does average income affect the spending decisions of individuals?
I simply don't understand.

Rollster
07-13-2013, 10:00 AM
much money ? i don't think.
i prefer buy 26 vaults à 60€ and have 50k offer, i think it's more interesting like a simple buyer who buy at same price.

anyway when u look that not bad u spend less like normal buyer.

;) a fact.

Sandukan
07-13-2013, 10:21 AM
i prefer buy 26 vaults à 60€ and have 50k offer, i think it's more interesting like a simple buyer who buy at same price.

;) a fact.

I couldn't have said it any better.
Whatever it is that you just said.

Fancy Pants
07-13-2013, 10:25 AM

;) a fact.

Ya i just re-read this 5 times and I'm still pretty stumped on what exactly you were trying to say. Anyone care to translate for him?

Angel6ix6ix6
07-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Lmfao,,, well that made sense somewhere!

;) a fact.

MrM
07-13-2013, 01:39 PM
He is trying to say he is paying a lot less per gold bar than someone who buys a vault a battle, if apparently you do get a 50k gold bonus after buying 26 vaults. It actually does make sense, if you can get over the fact you're dumping € 1.600 into an app all in one go. If you haven't shot yourself by then, well...then you can enjoy the very highly discounted gold :cool:

Rastas
07-13-2013, 08:24 PM

lol, that is hilarious.

Lurker
07-13-2013, 11:47 PM
LMAO, best reply on the thread.

marcus...
07-14-2013, 02:31 AM
Where can I find info on the bonuses of bulk gold purchases?

BigMoney
07-14-2013, 02:45 AM
Where can I find info on the bonuses of bulk gold purchases?

By emailing GREE and inquiring about the gold bonus program. I could copy/paste my ticket, but I think that's forbidden. The gist of it is well-known, and goes something like this:

All purchase must be made in the same calendar month to count towards that month's gold bonus, you MUST be registered with GREE for the bonus program as they do not award bonuses retroactively, and the below dollar amounts is based on the price of a vault in USD (1 vault at regular price = $99.99, so if your currency is different, use the price of a vault in your currency to compare it to this).
$500 - 2500 gold
$1000 - 15k gold
$2000 - 50k gold
$5000 - 125k gold and one item equivalent to a crate item
$10000 - 250k gold and one item equivalent to an event item

Edit: forgot to mention, you receive the bonus the following month. I received my April gold bonus on May 7th (because their was a syndicate war May 3-6). I received my June gold bonus on July 3rd.

Confederate Rebels
07-14-2013, 03:46 AM
Do people really spend that much on gold?

If they do this game has a sad side to it. Sad that someone would spend that much and takes the average joe out of the chance of getting to the top.

Gree, well done on a money spinner. I think the game needs improvements if you are making this much cash.
- more stats etc around syndicate battles.
- promoting your syndicate same way as VIP mafia status.
- easier chat system, the ability to get back to someone's wall easier.
- the list could go on forever.

Nighteg
07-14-2013, 04:06 AM
Whoever spends that much money on virtual crap needs to be hospitalized.

BigMoney
07-14-2013, 04:17 AM

Yeah, what losers.

Rollster
07-14-2013, 05:08 AM
we are many losers i think, top 100 required gold now.

imagine 100 team x 60 players, many losers but they play and buy, strange.

MattThomas08
07-14-2013, 05:09 AM

I wonder how many pages we can rehash the same argument.

Side 1: You people at the top are crazy for spending money on pixels. You should send the money to Africa for the kids. Think of the children. I'm assuming you're not already doing that with other $, because surely I am. And I never waste $ on pleasures of life. You guys are just looney. I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS.

Side 2: How much do you pay a month for your cable bill? How much to go see a movie? Pixels bro. It's an entertainment cost and why don't you mind your own pockets and appreciate us paying for the game for you? You're just jealous of us. My Porsche is smarter than your honor roll student.

scott(ST6)
07-14-2013, 05:30 AM
Sad that someone would spend that much and takes the average joe out of the chance of getting to the top.

How would you make it fair for the average joe? If the hospitalized people quit spending money on this virtual crap, the average joes would have to go back to playing dodgeball cause this game would be no more.

TZora
07-14-2013, 05:45 AM
Sad that someone would spend that much and takes the average joe out of the chance of getting to the top.

exactly what i mentioned before .. some stupido bumped this thread just to have kicks out of all the cry babies in this thread who cry just because others have more money than them .. same old story, just the different "happy people" who tell rich players how sad they are for having loads of money LOL

who is "actually" sad? the one who spends money and wins the event prize in an hour or the one who plays free and opens boxes every hour for 5 freagin days and still not win the event prize? you decide :p

marcus...
07-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the reply BigMoney.

I consider myself a mild gold spender and I'm not one that says "that's it, I"m quitting CC" every second week, purely because I can't control my own expenses. Therefore if I am intending on being around for a while and I find it beneficial to buy in bulk as I actually have the self control to conserve it, I would definitely consider the purchase.

*Cough-syndicate plug-Cough* This is why I have been building a team of members who are happy with consistent top 50 placings, with an emphasis on distribution of costs. These battles are then easily achievable, affordable and fun.