PDA

View Full Version : Rivals List? Did you change something again?

Peppers
06-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Dear Gree,

My rivals list is all wonky. I don't recognize any of the names on it anymore. After the PvP tournament and raising funds for the LE building, I practically had it memorized.

Did you fiddle with something? Can you unfiddle it please?

Thanks
Pepper

Edit: Its not just me... its also happening to a few others in my faction.

Skyser30518
06-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Dear Gree,

My rivals list is all wonky. I don't recognize any of the names on it anymore. After the PvP tournament and raising funds for the LE building, I practically had it memorized.

Did you fiddle with something? Can you unfiddle it please?

Thanks
Pepper

Edit: Its not just me... its also happening to a few others in my faction.

You are correct. My list has gone back to the way id was 6 months ago. I didn't think there were any players less than 200k stats after level 145. Lol. It looks like rank and strength don't play as big a part anymore. It's back to more level and ally based. Personally, I got to where I loved the rival's list. Now, I can't find any decent iph's or BP's. I feel bad about hitting people less than 100k defense while I'm at 700k+. On the other hand, I should be able to hide again and get some of these big upgrades.

Ph4ntom Stranger
06-20-2013, 07:30 PM
There's my buddy Skyser ;) how ya doin?

BoThox
06-20-2013, 09:18 PM
I updated the game a few hours ago, went to bed with a list of 25 amazingly delicious farms to check, just to wake up to the same as you - a list I dont recognize, one out of 20 hits is a loss, my fat birds are all gone.
I used to be able to see +/- 10 levels, now I get +/- 4 tops.

Thanks Gree, you are making it so much easier to stop using gold, and possibly also quitting altogether.

CJ D
06-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Lol. I need to check it out. Frankly, at level 155, I had tired of waking up to 15 hits from level 250 guys.

Jhenry02
06-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Lol I found general sir and ranger. Only 2 players so far I couldn't beat down.

Gotta love seeing level 208 with 3k defense.
Can complete force degradation missions and level valor missions stop at 200.

Peppers
06-20-2013, 10:16 PM
I probably raided for almost 200m earlier today. But, since the change, ZERO. ZIP. ZILCH.

I am not a happy Pepper :(

Where did all these players come from? Have they been here all along?

BSG123
06-20-2013, 10:17 PM
I wish.

My list is terrible.

It has been for weeks - and I still recognize most names.

Zachio
06-20-2013, 10:24 PM
My list has been terrible for 2+ months. Everyone on my list has 25% of my A/D/IPH.

badbhoy
06-21-2013, 01:44 AM
Not sure every one on lv 94/101 has low att/def no buildings to raid good money on so attack them zero pay back has the site been HACK

LagBolt
06-21-2013, 02:10 AM
Thanks Gree for changing it back to how it should have been. A lot of people for a long time were calling for this to be changed back a few months ago. Good to see that the list is fair again.

mxz
06-21-2013, 07:39 AM
So allies actually mean something again?

Good work, Gree. Good to see a positive change.

Skyser30518
06-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Thanks Gree for changing it back to how it should have been. A lot of people for a long time were calling for this to be changed back a few months ago. Good to see that the list is fair again.
Hey Lagbolt, you and I were to of the biggest advocates for going back to the way it was. We had numerous threads. Now that I've gotten a lot stronger, I'm going to miss all the juicy targets. I got to where I loved my rival's list. Oh well, time to change strategy again. Should make these upgrades easier.

Skyser30518
06-21-2013, 07:49 AM
There's my buddy Skyser ;) how ya doin?
Hey Ph4ntom, long time. Looks like your still doing well. Shoot me a pm sometime.

Peppers
06-23-2013, 03:02 PM
I still would like to know:

What happened to the people I USED TO SEE ON MY RIVALS LIST?

Since they've made this change, I haven't seen my favorites like Beano, Zero, the 5 different Sekhmets around my level, DBAG, Assman and the rest of the gang... I miss their bases and their LE buildings! And they gave great BP! Guys, if any of you read this, I haven't forgotten you! I miss you and want to see you again!

thunder
06-23-2013, 06:50 PM
This new way is terrible lots of low stat players hard to find anyone good. Dont know why u did this bp all lower now. Now i will have to spend more gold. Oh ok now i get it.

SevenO9
06-24-2013, 12:08 AM
It seems that the new rival list mechanic groups player of similar stats every time I hit refresh. Checking the very first player on the list I can tell if I got a good or bad block of rivals.

What is more annoying is that one certain guy keeps raiding my base for two weeks now. Despite his activity in both PVP tournaments and therefore massive increase of won battles / raids he did not level up once. I would really like to learn that trick ...

Thief
06-24-2013, 07:37 AM
It seems that the new rival list mechanic groups player of similar stats every time I hit refresh. Checking the very first player on the list I can tell if I got a good or bad block of rivals.

What is more annoying is that one certain guy keeps raiding my base for two weeks now. Despite his activity in both PVP tournaments and therefore massive increase of won battles / raids he did not level up once. I would really like to learn that trick ...

Sadly the new rival list is a bummer for me....95% of my targets are under 100k, 3% i'm allied with (but i can still hit) and the other 2% Range from 250-400k with the Rare elusive Whale having stats above 500k.

Peppers
06-24-2013, 03:31 PM
I keep hoping this is going to get better, but it isn't.

There are 2 things I still liked about MW:

First, I like the LTQ's when the xp and gold required isn't ridiculous. When they're ridiculous, I don't play. This one looks bad... but I'll wait to see before I spend any gold. I'm on 20/25, and I'm NOT impressed so far and may only do free hits on it... if I remember to open the game.

Second, I like raiding. Or, rather, I LIKED raiding.

Since they changed the rivals list... and I can no longer find anyone to raid or attack... I rarely open MW anymore.

I've been feeling MW slipping away, and this could be the final thing that does it.

It is probably for the best :(

mgriss
06-24-2013, 04:38 PM
I keep hoping this is going to get better, but it isn't.

There are 2 things I still liked about MW:

First, I like the LTQ's when the xp and gold required isn't ridiculous. When they're ridiculous, I don't play. This one looks bad... but I'll wait to see before I spend any gold. I'm on 20/25, and I'm NOT impressed so far and may only do free hits on it... if I remember to open the game.

Second, I like raiding. Or, rather, I LIKED raiding.

Since they changed the rivals list... and I can no longer find anyone to raid or attack... I rarely open MW anymore.

I've been feeling MW slipping away, and this could be the final thing that does it.

It is probably for the best :(

Don't forget bosses... when it went from 35 to 50 levels, it ruined the lowest xp gains for a nice unit, but the intermediate rewards just about made up for that. Now with boss 50 being twice the health of boss 49...

Peppers
06-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Yeah, Boss 50 was stupidly strong.

Thanks for reminding me of that little nugget! LOL

CharlieAlphaMike
06-24-2013, 05:24 PM
My guess is that they've done it this way so the FvF is harder to attain when you're getting less BP from your rivals list .

Peppers
06-24-2013, 07:32 PM
My guess is that they've done it this way so the FvF is harder to attain when you're getting less BP from your rivals list .

If that was the reason, then it didn't work in my case. I'm not going to use gold on a refill to hit some schmo who gives me 200 BP. I'm also not going to waste an entire weekend searching person after person to maybe find someone who will give 400 BP... not when I used to regularly find people putting out 600-700 BP.