PDA

View Full Version : Money making opportunity for Gree...and plausible deniability

Tommy Two Toes
06-20-2013, 01:21 PM
I don't think Gree has figured out how to maximize profits, efficiently--and I would like to one day be an investor if/when your company ever goes public.

That said, here is an idea to make a few extra sheqels in the meantime:

As the case auction event draws to a close, randomly award one of the top two players 1-3 pistols at the ten second mark. This will ensure that future auction events remain competitive, and collusion doesn't exist to ruin the competitive nature of this game.

If asked, deny such an event happened, and insist that the results are event-driven by the players. Human nature is to distrust, and whoever places second will simply try harder next time to win the prize.

Feel free to send me a prospectus when you are getting ready to IPO,
TTT

Haters' comments go below this line:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

BigMoney
06-20-2013, 04:54 PM
There are so many opportunities for GREE to make more money on CC that it's ridiculous. Besides obvious tenements they don't believe in (prompt customer support, etc), there are a number of events they could modify to cause more gold spending. They already addressed what I assume was their worst performing gold-grossing event in boss events (e.g. campers under 100 get the item for free, perhaps a few players who are close to 40/50 spend a couple hundred gold to get the final prize, and anyone above level 100 that wasn't in FC/etc probably doesn't even dream of completing boss 40/50)-- by adding little intermediate prizes around where I presume a lot of players are (e.g. above level 100, 100k stats --> level 20 prize, 200k-300k stats --> level 30 prize). I would have preferred they fixed the Tier 5 boss health, perhaps by breaking it into more tiers and setting the health at the point where the 97th percentile strongest players could do it for free, or however they did it the first time, but I suppose their intermediate prizes spurred gold usage among players who didn't normally spend gold. Although, perhaps that's because those players saw this splash screen:

http://i.imgur.com/7sDRyjG.png

So who knows if better boss tiers would have spurred more to spend gold to complete the event. Perhaps they didn't want even more camping at levels 100-199 or something.

kingofwale
06-20-2013, 07:26 PM
clearly Gree employees didn't participate in this event, that's why top 250 is only 20 opens. This goes to show a very important point. Without a certain sydnicate pushing everyone to spend, I wonder how much gold spending is really there in a free-market??

to be honest, I rather Gree runs tons of events that requires smaller amount of gold than events that needs tons of gold.

LTQ should be under a vault and top 50 war should be 1 vault per person.

Any more it's just not a sustainable game. Instead of pushing gold spender to spend more and more (and some are just quitting now because of overspending), what Gree should do is to encourage average non-gold spenders to start spending.

Of course, the monkeys won't listen

Dipstik
06-20-2013, 07:35 PM
clearly Gree employees didn't participate in this event, that's why top 250 is only 20 opens. This goes to show a very important point. Without a certain sydnicate pushing everyone to spend, I wonder how much gold spending is really there in a free-market??

to be honest, I rather Gree runs tons of events that requires smaller amount of gold than events that needs tons of gold.

LTQ should be under a vault and top 50 war should be 1 vault per person.

Any more it's just not a sustainable game. Instead of pushing gold spender to spend more and more (and some are just quitting now because of overspending), what Gree should do is to encourage average non-gold spenders to start spending.

Of course, the monkeys won't listen

Derp Derp.

dudeman
06-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Derp Derp.

I read 5 words of that and stopped. Thanks for the spot on summary of the 131 words that followed. :cool:

bald zeemer
06-20-2013, 08:24 PM
If there is only 1 player going for first then gree makes way less. I would've thought that was painfully obvious.

Lipstick
06-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Derp Derpin derp

BigMoney
06-21-2013, 12:06 AM

I have no idea what you're talking about with the top 250 mark for cases. This event, it'll end up being ~37. Last event the cutoff was 34. The event before that, it was 38. There is always a big push during the last day. During the copper spindle event (the last event I tracked the leaderboard for the top 1, 25, and 250 marks), with 1 day remaining, 25th had 133 and 250th had 28. At the conclusion of the event, 25th had 198 and 250th had 38. (1st place went from 481 to 530, but that was essentially a one-person race as 2nd place ended with less than 300).

Edit: I also want to remark that the leaderboard mark for top 250 moved exceptionally fast this event, the fastest since I started keeping track. This event is going to end up finishing with similar totals to the copper spindle event despite being over 2 days shorter.

Dipstik
06-21-2013, 09:15 AM
If there is only 1 player going for first then gree makes way less. I would've thought that was painfully obvious.

I am not sure what you mean by this... Do you mean if there's only one person COMPETING for first place they make less? If so, then yes. Obviously. If you are trying to imply that Gree makes more by giving out multiple prizes because there are "more people going for first" then you should take a basic economics class.

bald zeemer
06-21-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm saying that it's been about a year since there was a major bidding war for first. That is highly unlikely to change. Obviously if many players were willing and able to go for it, and all pushed as hard as they could there's going to be a bigger spend. I didn't bother addressing that scenario for the simple reason that it's as obvious as it is unlikely.

sister morphine
06-21-2013, 11:01 AM
I'm saying that it's been about a year since there was a major bidding war for first. That is highly unlikely to change. Obviously if many players were willing and able to go for it, and all pushed as hard as they could there's going to be a bigger spend. I didn't bother addressing that scenario for the simple reason that it's as obvious as it is unlikely.
How many would you propose in this pack chasing first? The perhaps 6-10 FC members who only buy vaults in quantities of 100 perhaps. You know and I know that there is no point to anybody else even trying for more than top 25 so long as the grotesque distortion remains. That's why there's been no "bidding war" for first ever since the blessed tam began outrunning whoever was in second by a margin of 2:1 or greater.

Dipstik
06-21-2013, 11:14 AM
How many would you propose in this pack chasing first? The perhaps 6-10 FC members who only buy vaults in quantities of 100 perhaps. You know and I know that there is no point to anybody else even trying for more than top 25 so long as the grotesque distortion remains. That's why there's been no "bidding war" for first ever since the blessed tam began outrunning whoever was in second by a margin of 2:1 or greater.

CLEARLY it's a bunch of gree employees spending so much gold in order to scare everyone else into just giving up on the event!

Tommy Two Toes
06-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Clearly, Gree or Balthazar agreed with me. (It doesn't matter which).

Prisoner's Dilemma.

bald zeemer
06-21-2013, 02:55 PM

Yes. That's exactly why we win by big margins. And add to leads for the hell of it. It saves people from blowing gold chasing something they'll never get.