PDA

View Full Version : XP in the LTQ, raiding glitch last night

CJ54
06-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Hey all, just touching base with everyone:

-After reverting the code last night to stop the "too weak to invade" issue that popped up, we've redeployed that code without the issue reappearing (although do let us know if it reappears). This is awesome news because that code will (in part) prevent some potential exploits.

-XP in the LTQ: It was too high; we released a change after QA ran that down, and things are back to normal there. We will not be reverting levels or adjusting XP totals for players who chose to participate at the higher XP levels. I understand why some people are requesting that, but that is not something we can do via script and it is not something that support can do manually (or has ever done). Thank you for your patience while that was being addressed, and for your understanding.

E-I
06-20-2013, 10:47 AM
We will not be reverting levels or adjusting XP totals for players who chose to participate at the higher XP levels.

What a total joke.

Gilgamesh
06-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Fair enough, you made your decision now I am making mine, open spot on an awesome guild, Kingdom Age Guild

larrydavid
06-20-2013, 10:53 AM
but that is not something we can do via script and it is not something that support can do manually (or has ever done). Thank you for your patience while that was being addressed, and for your understanding.

Seriously, looks like Gree should hire new programmers. Yeah, changing a line of code is too much to ask.

LordIndy
06-20-2013, 10:53 AM

-After reverting the code last night to stop the "too weak to invade" issue that popped up, we've redeployed that code without the issue reappearing (although do let us know if it reappears). This is awesome news because that code will (in part) prevent some potential exploits.

-XP in the LTQ: It was too high; we released a change after QA ran that down, and things are back to normal there. We will not be reverting levels or adjusting XP totals for players who chose to participate at the higher XP levels. I understand why some people are requesting that, but that is not something we can do via script and it is not something that support can do manually (or has ever done). Thank you for your patience while that was being addressed, and for your understanding.

Why change the experience mid quest? This only benefits those that chose not to participate. How will the players who were engaged in the quest at the original experience going to be compensated then?

E-I
06-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Why change the experience mid quest? This only benefits those that chose not to participate. How will the players who were engaged in the quest at the original experience going to be compensated then?

Exactly. It wasn't the high XP gain that was the problem, it was reverting it in the middle of the quest. They hosed all of the dedicated players who stuck with it, while the campers who initially didn't participate could then sneak in after the XP change.

Alexius
06-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Exactly. It wasn't the high XP gain that was the problem, it was reverting it in the middle of the quest. They hosed all of the dedicated players who stuck with it, while the campers who initially didn't participate could then sneak in after the XP change.

Not even a unit that give us an exp gain of 50% less from here on in? WOW, I feel totally screwed.

Kjctnorris
06-20-2013, 11:01 AM
GREE can't figure out a way to take care of its customers who got the shaft? Wow, shocker...

Yet another reason why I no longer spend money on this game.

E-I
06-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Not even a unit that give us an exp gain of 50% less from here on in? WOW, I feel totally screwed.

You are totally screwed. The whole war system is set up in favor of campers with low levels. Gree just handed them another huge advantage.

Dash [SoA] Founder
06-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Seriously, looks like Gree should hire new programmers. Yeah, changing a line of code is too much to ask.

I have an idea! Why doesn't Gree hire some of the (H-word)'s to work for them. They seem to have no trouble at all editing strings of 'encrypted' code in the game...

Alexius
06-20-2013, 11:09 AM
The sad thing is if they would have monitored the message boards at the start of the quest they could have communicated that there was a problem that needed to be fixed but instead said nothing and decided to do a half job of patching it up. The EXP gains were talked about within hours of the LTQ starting. And we don't need moderators?!

Cxxxmm
06-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Why can't they just write a code for players that were doing the quest up to the fix date and time

and award based on level conquered in the quest up to that time

for example - first 5 levels gets a 5k A and 5k D - flying combat troll

levels 6 - 10 - gets a 10k A and 10k D - wobbling invading thingamagig

levels 11 - 15 - gets a 15k A and 15k D- furious spinning whatcamacallit

etc etc

I mean it can't be to difficult to tack on stats for the folks that went through it to even out the LTQ for all
- of course the numbers for stats would have to make sense to the XP that we got screwed with

just my 2 gems ( which i over paid for )

Yoshi808
06-20-2013, 11:42 AM
^^^^That would be a decent compromise giving people who leveled up x amounts of times another units just to say we f'ed up again, which appears to be a concurrently trend.
I'd hate to jump on the "Gree sucks" bandwagon but I must admit my confidence in the company is slowly waning.
Maybe my outlook wouldn't be so bleak if my ticket would atleast some sort of acknowledgement as well.
ticket #666570

LordIndy
06-20-2013, 11:43 AM
I also love how my ticket complaining about the XP change was responded with "We've readjusted the XP gained from the LTQ to be much lower....." ....Really!!! Isn't this why I am writing the ticket? Then proceed with lame excuses about how my XP can't be changed.

Some form of compensation needs to be figured out because I will be submitting tickets every day until I get something other than a non-response.

Dash [SoA] Founder
06-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Translation,

We have no idea how but we messed up again, big time! We did an active system restore on the server, crossed our fingers, and what do you know! It worked... we think. There really shouldn't be anymore issues because we fixed it! But just in case there is a random glitch still running around out there, let is know! We don't want to lose any more profit to our incompitancies.

There weren't any funds in our multi-million dollar budget to pay QA to do their job initially. But once we realized there was a hiccup and we could lose potential income, we were quick to reanalyze our spending and found the money. We know we screwed you guys... again... but we lost potential sales from you, our customer, when we gave you 50 gems for our last f-up. So we can't realistically compensate you again without losing more profits. We understand that this may upset you but, meh... My fellow developers and I are kind of winging it with our training manual as we go along. Cliche statement to quell the masses...

E-I
06-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Seriously, this is a bigger screw up than the energy problem during the war. At least that one affected everyone equally. This one hurts primarily the customers willing to spend money and participate in every LTQ.

larrydavid
06-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Whatever Gree do they are going to upset people. At least we have an answer. When it was high XP I controlled my tapping finger because I worked out all the pros and cons of doing so. I guess all other players made that judgement too. Now XP is low I am tapping away to my hearts content. People moaned about the loss of strategy in the game. This was a case of the application of strategy, i.e. Thinking.

So, your strategy is to avoid leveling up 3 times for 60k/80k A/D gains?

Jocifer
06-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Whatever Gree do they are going to upset people. At least we have an answer. When it was high XP I controlled my tapping finger because I worked out all the pros and cons of doing so. I guess all other players made that judgement too. Now XP is low I am tapping away to my hearts content. People moaned about the loss of strategy in the game. This was a case of the application of strategy, i.e. Thinking.

You must really like Greed there buddy. Keep up the good fight.

E-I
06-20-2013, 12:10 PM

Hey genius, the problem isn't the strategy. The problem is that Gree changed the rules half way through. I would have gladly given up 3 levels for the prizes they were offering. But now that you can do it a day later and earn the same prizes for a fraction of the XP, it isn't exactly fair to those of us who preferred the stat boost.

Why don't you go troll elsewhere?

larrydavid
06-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Yes as I know this will adversley impact my scoring in the CK events.

I am guessing Gree will do two things in the near future with KA:
1. remove levels markings on war list during CK events (like in MW)
2. increase max level to 250

Jocifer
06-20-2013, 12:14 PM
I love this game and take whatever is thrown at me because life is not all roses. Most of the complaints are from a few self interested players who are scared that someone might have better stats or whatever than them. It is a game.

LoL. Ok now you're just trying too hard. It's ok though, keep of the good fight

Jocifer
06-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Why do people become offended when someone has a differing opinion. Free speech man.

You know you just shoved your foot way up in your mouth right? Maybe you should check your previous posts.

I mean way up there. Pretty impressive I tell you hwhat

CJ54
06-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Alright, that's enough. Everyone's got a right to express what they want to express as long as they aren't throwing insults around (or breaking the other posted rules, like making duplicate accounts to get around an existing permaban).

CJ54
06-20-2013, 12:20 PM
The problem is that Gree changed the rules half way through.

We changed things because people were asking us to change that thing.

Cxxxmm
06-20-2013, 12:24 PM
but aren't people now asking you to make things right - i.e. make the quest fair for all - that doesn't seem to be asking much - make the game which we pay for fair

E-I
06-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Well CJ, I can't wait to see how your next bug hurts long-term, devoted players. Judging by the past few, we should see it in what, four days from now?

Zenobia
06-20-2013, 12:27 PM

So everyone who plays LTQs fast is PENALIZED MANY LEVELS by the game for doing so? If it were something that affected everyone equally, I could understand nothing being done about it. But it is disproportionally penalizing those who play LTQs fast, a.k.a. those who are more into the game. It makes no sense. Does Gree even realize the reaction to this is going to be a) yet another boatload of people quitting the game because of inequalities, and b) a boatload of people now slow-playing the LTQs, which = fewer paying the gems to finish them. Gree, in effectively punishing players who play hard, at the end of the day you are punishing your own bottom line.

I am disgusted.

ETA: At this point I don't care if there are a zillion or zero XP to be gained from this LTQ. All that matters is that half of us are getting the shaft and the other half are not, through no fault of our own. The game made a grievous error and now refuses to make it right for those who already played many levels of the LTQ. If they were not going to fix it for EVERYBODY, they should have fixed it for NOBODY.

CJ54
06-20-2013, 12:31 PM
So everyone who plays LTQs fast is PENALIZED MANY LEVELS

Gaining experience is not a penalty from the design side of things, or else we would not have experience in the game in the first place. I well realize that the strategy shared as "optimal" by our theorycrafters on the forums is to level as little as possible, but the game is not intentionally designed with that in mind as a playstyle.

EDIT: Also, it is non-trivial to change the level even on a single account. Level is hooked into a whole lot of stuff on the back of things, and changing that without addressing all of those can royally screw up someone's game.

Skyraiders
06-20-2013, 12:36 PM

How many people asked for it??? I choose to do LTQ even if i level up once or ten times......i dont even care about the gems i spent cuz i would have spent them anyway to do the ltq...However gree stance or yours has always been about....what exactly?? Fair play...equality.

I am happy you are listening to your customers by changing the XP to lower values because that is what we asked for. To do it in the middle of an event is absurd. I understand that you can not make everyone happy...in this case doing nothing (which seems to be the case with gree) would have been the best move...oops there is a problem with the code ...oh well just let it go.

You say send a ticket into support and the problem will be fixed. I have sent tickets in to support and yet days ...weeks...sometimes months go by without a resolution to the problem.......Then there is the whole public relations.....Honestly CJ/Sirius can i ask you for real...and if i do can you give me a straight non BS answer. Are you guys told to not answer our question right away......Do we have to let a thread get out of hand before you appear to calm things down........Just some info would be nice without having to start 10 treads about the same issues and problems that you could help avoid by making an announecment...even if that announcement is the standard...blah blah blah.......Do you really care about your job?

E-I
06-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Intentionally designed or not, that is how it seems to work in Conquest battles. So unless you are going to alter CP scoring to make level irrelevant, I think you have thoroughly hosed some of your more devoted players.

Zenobia
06-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Well CJ, I can't wait to see how your next bug hurts long-term, devoted players. Judging by the past few, we should see it in what, four days from now?
This reminds me of the feedback we gave on the first war and Gree's response:

1) Players: Please don't make future wars fall on holiday weekends. Gree response: wars on Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's Day.
2) Players: Please spread wars at the very least a month apart. Gree response: 2-3 weeks apart.
3) Players: Please keep the wars short. Gree response: okay, except for half the holiday weekends.
etc, etc, etc.

I swear it's like they actually listen to what the players want, then actively do everything they possibly can to do the exact opposite. Are they trying to make everyone quit the game? If so, it's working. The attrition rate is worse every week.

Skyraiders
06-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Gaining experience is not a penalty from the design side of things, or else we would not have experience in the game in the first place. I well realize that the strategy shared as "optimal" by our theorycrafters on the forums is to level as little as possible, but the game is not intentionally designed with that in mind as a playstyle.

EDIT: Also, it is non-trivial to change the level even on a single account. Level is hooked into a whole lot of stuff on the back of things, and changing that without addressing all of those can royally screw up someone's game.

So if i particapate in the wars and now get less CP because i am a higher level....thats not a penalty?? Please enlighten me sir!!

edit: I know send a ticket into support so they can fix it......The CP earned has been well documented over the last 4 wars...please dont tell me that levels and CPs earned have no relation or that the problem is in the coding. HIGHER LEVEL=LOWER CP

Call me a liar i dare you!!

Zenobia
06-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Gaining experience is not a penalty from the design side of things, or else we would not have experience in the game in the first place.

Okay, then change the wars so that I am not penalized CPs as compared to those who are attacking the same rival as I am but are a lower level than I am. Until that happens, leveling is effectively a penalty in the game. On the coding end, maybe not a penalty. On the playing end, definitely a penalty as wars are coded right now.

CJ54
06-20-2013, 12:51 PM
How many people asked for it??? I choose to do LTQ even if i level up once or ten times......i dont even care about the gems i spent cuz i would have spent them anyway to do the ltq...However gree stance or yours has always been about....what exactly?? Fair play...equality.

I am happy you are listening to your customers by changing the XP to lower values because that is what we asked for. To do it in the middle of an event is absurd. I understand that you can not make everyone happy...in this case doing nothing (which seems to be the case with gree) would have been the best move...oops there is a problem with the code ...oh well just let it go.

Several hundred. For those people, doing nothing would have been "just another thing that was broken and they did nothing about". As you say, it is impossible to make everyone happy. Fixes/player requests are prioritized and gotten out the door as quickly as possible unless there is something else on fire. I'll try to address the rest of your message in a separate post.

Intentionally designed or not, that is how it seems to work in Conquest battles. So unless you are going to alter CP scoring to make level irrelevant, I think you have thoroughly hosed some of your more devoted players.

Well, then maybe it is worth revisiting CP scoring. The system was originally designed to allow factions/guilds/syndicates with mixed level members to be able to compete against each other on somewhat equal footing. There may well be a better way to do that and not make it feel like leveling is a punishment (in that regard, at least). We've had some excellent feedback on it over in MW that we have been looking at, and we'd welcome it from here as well.

E-I
06-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Changing CP would be a good start toward making level less relevant. Level-based CP is the main reason why I am concerned about this bug.

bgood
06-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Here is my suggestion do away with the ally cap of 500 and let it flow naturally based on level that way a higher level person gets the additional benefit of bigger army. That way the balance of losing war cp to gaining more stats at least provides so that leveling is not a complete detriment. Remove the cap of lvl200 too let the big fishies swim north

Skyraiders
06-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Several hundred. For those people, doing nothing would have been "just another thing that was broken and they did nothing about". As you say, it is impossible to make everyone happy. Fixes/player requests are prioritized and gotten out the door as quickly as possible unless there is something else on fire. I'll try to address the rest of your message in a separate post.

Well, then maybe it is worth revisiting CP scoring. The system was originally designed to allow factions/guilds/syndicates with mixed level members to be able to compete against each other on somewhat equal footing. There may well be a better way to do that and not make it feel like leveling is a punishment (in that regard, at least). We've had some excellent feedback on it over in MW that we have been looking at, and we'd welcome it from here as well.

Pm me if you want that would be great!!

Alexius
06-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Personally, I don't complain about much. I understand that people make mistakes. I also understand that when people make mistakes that the appropriate response is to attempt to right the wrong. I cannot appropriately express my level of frustration with the line of thought that "we kinda fixed the issue and if you were adversely affected because you play the game with too much excitement too bad," within the terms of use policy so I'll simply state, "I disagree with your decision on this matter" and move on.

LordIndy
06-20-2013, 01:01 PM

This is all fine CJ, but the fact of the matter is that level does matter and due to the fact the rules were changed in the middle of the quest means that players were impacted differently and some players are acquiring the same units and stats while leveling fewer times. This game is not so much about absolute stats as it is how you rate in your battle pool. It is undeniable some players were adversely affected by the decision to change the rules mid game.

Cxxxmm
06-20-2013, 01:05 PM
This thread was about inequality - smooth transition to making the game better overall does not answer the inequality issue. It is not about game design, guild wars, etc etc

i assume that every player would want to be the strongest at each level - the change by Gree in the last quest made this not possible for someone who started the quest prior to the quest being changed by Gree - all things being equal

that to me is a PENALTY - for gree to state otherwise is mentally challenging for me

For Gree to not even make a feeble attempt to make the last quest fair for all is mind boggling for me - you don't have to redo anything - just add the proportionate correct stats to players who started the quest with a HUGE Penalty

but we can discuss how we are all listened to and kick this to the side of the curb.........

SoCalWolverine
06-20-2013, 01:10 PM
My guild just lost a player that said this latest issue was the last straw for her. She was a lvl 162 player with 500k+ A/D, and spent mountains of gems both on LTQs and in wars. She was on 48/50 when the experience change happened. Once she heard she snapped, sold off all her buildings, and left the game. (At least she donated the gold to the guild, but that's little compensation for what we've lost in her.)

How is that not a penalty? It hurt not just her, but our entire guild. And congrats, Gree - you just lost about $1000 of income a month from just her. I'm sure there are many others ready to do the same thing so I suggest you consider your next move carefully.

Two observations for you Gree, I hope you share this with your management team and take it to heart:
1) Just because you didn't design the game to be played a certain way doesn't mean that playing it a different way is any less valid, especially if a majority of dedicated players do just that. Disregard the masses of people that *do* play that way at your own peril. People find new and innovative ways to play most games out there - usually in ways not intended or even thought of by the game maker - that is called strategy and that is what makes it interesting to them. If everyone plays the game the same way that will quickly become boring. Again, ignore these dedicated players at your own peril.
2) Making a snap decision to change the fundamental way something is working mid-stream when it isn't technically *broken* is just a recipe for disaster, as you can now plainly see. By all means take the complaints of customers into account when you launch a new event - but use that to shape FUTURE, not current events.

The bottom line is you are only making things worse by standing by your decision on this LTQ as being the right one, and by not trying to compensate the players you have now wronged through no fault of their own because it is "non-trivial" to do so.

A big first step would be to simply say "We're sorry, it was a mistake to change the event after it had already started." A meaningful apology would at least show you acknowledge what happened and regret it, and probably settle everyone down a bit as well.

An important second step would be to sit down and find some way to "make it right," as best as you can. If that means spending extra hours coding out a way to compensate people, or coming up with some sort of tiered compensation based upon where people were in the LTQ when the experienced changed, etc., then so be it.

Your credibility and reputation as a company are on the line now, and the decisions you make in the coming hours will have a major impact on your bottom line. On that you can be certain.

Regards and good luck.

- Wolverine

Bb233
06-20-2013, 01:12 PM
If gaining experience is not a penalty then why was it necessary to fix the LTQ after it started? Even if "hundreds" of people asked for it why would it have been necessary to fix something that wasn't broken when all players would have been treated equally by doing nothing? Why was it necessary to address the concerns of these "hundreds" when doing so would treat them more favorably then the ones who decided to participate in the LTQ as it was originally setup? If you have "hundreds" of players ask you to give them restitution for the leveling they experienced by playing the LTQ as it was originally setup then I assume you will then address that concern? Does it need to be 100 or 999 requests for the issue to be addressed. Your answers and approach to this make no sense.

TK275
06-20-2013, 01:17 PM
CJ,
The issue with changing the XP mid event is not a strategy thing. Its the simple fact that people were willing to pay the cost of the event when it started, and then Gree changed the cost because other people didn't want to pay the original price. Its the same as offering a high end weapon for a limited time at a cost 500 gems, then halfway through lowering the cost to 50 gems because people didn't want to pay the full price. The people who paid the original price are getting screwed in this deal.

As far as strategies go, leveling or not is a strategy and with the introduction of guild wars a player is at an advantage not to level.

EtreusDread
06-20-2013, 01:18 PM
As a possible suggestion to be more egalitarian to those who started the thread early, (if such a thing happens again - heaven forfend), would be to reset the XP gain at a certain level into the LTQ. For example, correct the Level gain at L20 or L25 or L30 so that for those of us already in the middle of it, we don't lose the sacrifice, and then the others who didn't start will know that the game has changed and can again weigh the plusses and minuses - and at least experience some of the shared sacrifice.

As someone who lost 25 gems in the first battle due to those weird glitches, it was also disheartening to see everyone get 50 gems. Giving everyone a consolation prize to address the harm done to some basically the same or worse than no compensation? I am still down a net 25 relative to everyone else.

Lastly, every support ticket I have entered has been closed with the same generic email response within 5-12 days that basically says, "we closed your issue - are you still experiencing it?" While your statistics on "answering emails within X days" may look much better, the customer experience is really not appropriate. I believe I've entered probably 10 support tickets over the year I've been playing this and not once has a ticket been resolved by the support team response. As an IT Support Manager for work and money-spending customer for KA, this is quite frightening/disheartening...

DEVASTATOR
06-20-2013, 01:33 PM
The true problem with this ltq is that it leveled people up while the campers sat it out. Once the campers found out that the exp was changed, they began the quest. So now these campers get to maintain their low lvl while the people who chose to play from the beginning, like myself, get the pleasure of leveling 3-4 times. Now I'm an even better target for the campers during the wars. Tis ENTIRE game is now centered around one thing, wars. No longer is this game about finishing maps, raiding/attacking, leveling buildings making friends, etc. it is about, how many gems will you spend during war? "And because of your higher lvl you do realize that you will have to spend more gems to earn the same amount of points right?" The only solution to this would be to change how points are earned. Yu can do this by; points are now earned higher or lower for strength of opponent, not lvl of opponent. So for example I'm a lvl 176 with 950k attack, and I attack a lvl 195 with 850k defense and I win, I earn the same amount of points as I would attacking a lvl 135 with 850k def. why should my lvl dictate the points I earn, or the points my opponent earns from me? it should about stats. Also, a lvl 135 attacking me would gain no more points off me then he would a lvl 115. and if you attack someone 100k stas below you, you earn less points, and so on. this will eliminate any one person getting destroyed throughout any given war. one person in my guild had over 10k losses. how is that fair to this person for playing the game? By doing it this way, it will also give people who put SKILL points into the attack and defense skills a slight advantage, but that's why we are given skill points right? Also, maybe change it so that one person can only be attacked X -amount of times during each battle.

jonny0284
06-20-2013, 01:48 PM
If gaining experience is not a penalty then why was it necessary to fix the LTQ after it started? Even if "hundreds" of people asked for it why would it have been necessary to fix something that wasn't broken when all players would have been treated equally by doing nothing? Why was it necessary to address the concerns of these "hundreds" when doing so would treat them more favorably then the ones who decided to participate in the LTQ as it was originally setup? If you have "hundreds" of players ask you to give them restitution for the leveling they experienced by playing the LTQ as it was originally setup then I assume you will then address that concern? Does it need to be 100 or 999 requests for the issue to be addressed. Your answers and approach to this make no sense.

I like you and your thought process. A lot. :)

pendentive
06-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Guys - I was one of the ones that "jumped the gun" and even blew some gems before it was fixed. Why such an outburst? Seriously, it's a game. I, for one, am glad that they eventually fixed it. Just play the game and have fun. When it stops being fun for you, exit stage left and let the rest of us enjoy it. :D

Life's not fair. Play the cards you're dealt. I've never seen someone complain about getting too many rewards...take the good with the bad. How many more metaphors do I need to dig up here.

Ratma2001
06-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Umm yeah right.....assume position.....ouch that hurt big time !
So if the masses wanted a lower cp game why didn't you just put one out there! Why the change, ?now the masses(those that started early) have spoken what do they get ?
Interesting that CJ54 is now back on as Mod/Dev?? WHat happened to Sirius?

TK275
06-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Why does everyone keep saying "fixed". It wasn't broken to begin with, it was just unpopular. Gree changed the xp because of "hundreds" of requests and didn't think about the mass of users who were actively progressing through the event. Those players just paid dramatically more for the same units that people who were sitting this one out paid.

Kjctnorris
06-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Just in case you missed it the first time, all of this ^^^^^

Your rationalization is hollow and rings of dishonesty.

DEVASTATOR
06-20-2013, 02:19 PM
One last statement from me, then off to the game to finish this ltq. For me personally, I'm up in arms over this issue because I do truly enjoy this game. I enjoy every aspect of it. I've met alot of very cool people, I've met some bad of course, but that's offset by the good. I do enjoy the wars very much, in fact I look forward to them. I Also enjoy the ltq's and only until recently have I found I enjoy,the epic boss event, my new stats sure do help. I would just like to see some fairness brought not the game, and maybe a few less problems. I was at first irritated at gree for having our wars on holiday weekends. But as far as I know they have two other games, I don't play either, but maybe they run a war every weekend between the three? So it's just coincidence that the KA wars fall on bad weekends. And I'm fine with it, and it seems everyone else is too as there always seems to be active guilds. It just forces us to maybe stay up later, or get up earlier to get our hits in. Gree, just simply give us better answers. No, you can never appease everyone, but this last ltq really pushed people over the edge. I love ths game (no ass kissing intended, as I hack e been vocal in my distaste for the recent events), we just all want a little more from you guys. If we all hated the game we would quit, but I don't see too many people leaving. That's all from me. everyone else, get it all out. No reason not to, since it seems gree is letting us air it all out. Good day

Berneburg
06-20-2013, 02:24 PM
This reminds me of the feedback we gave on the first war and Gree's response:

1) Players: Please don't make future wars fall on holiday weekends. Gree response: wars on Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's Day.
2) Players: Please spread wars at the very least a month apart. Gree response: 2-3 weeks apart.
3) Players: Please keep the wars short. Gree response: okay, except for half the holiday weekends.
etc, etc, etc.

I swear it's like they actually listen to what the players want, then actively do everything they possibly can to do the exact opposite. Are they trying to make everyone quit the game? If so, it's working. The attrition rate is worse every week.

Actually, we are all just pawns in a secret governmental pscho-social experiment measuring group think and violence tendencies.

England Jon
06-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Guys - I was one of the ones that "jumped the gun" and even blew some gems before it was fixed. Why such an outburst? Seriously, it's a game. I, for one, am glad that they eventually fixed it. Just play the game and have fun. When it stops being fun for you, exit stage left and let the rest of us enjoy it. :D

Life's not fair. Play the cards you're dealt. I've never seen someone complain about getting too many rewards...take the good with the bad. How many more metaphors do I need to dig up here.

100% in agreement. I dont think we are lone voices, but reading these posts you would think so.

With regard to the CK events. I would be happy if all information regarding opponents level/allies/strength was removed. This would mean good organisation within a guild would give them an advantage. The points awarded should be based upon differentials in strength, i.e. The closer they are the greater the pointd. There should be a randomising factor meaning that a lower strength player could beat a higher strength player.

Ratma2001
06-20-2013, 02:58 PM
such a disappointment CJ, why did you not just leave it as it was and start another event for those that winged about the XP? it seems you are looking more after people NOT playing than actual players ? your rational of the situation maybe plausible to those that started late on the event but it doesn't take a genius to work out that those that started early have been penalized for this. We all want fairness its like putting the early starters against people whom get better benefits from changing the system..Gree has turned all the late starters into better players by patching or fixing something that should have been left to take its normal course.
What do the early starters get for the 2 1/2 day jump...thousands of XP gain and extra levels, I didn't mind the level jump and XP at my level but others were caught out..whats being done to rectify this ??

Max Power
06-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Umm yeah right.....assume position.....ouch that hurt big time !

You have been demanding answers all day, now you got em.

It's not surprising Gree employees rarely get on here at all. Everytime they do, they get lit up. (Sometimes justified, of course)

Honestly, if you guys want Gree people on here more, you should probably address these things a little differently.

Ratma2001
06-20-2013, 03:34 PM
You have been demanding answers all day, now you got em.

It's not surprising Gree employees rarely get on here at all. Everytime they do, they get lit up. (Sometimes justified, of course)

Honestly, if you guys want Gree people on here more, you should probably address these things a little differently.

As in haha ..you got me again Gree well played..I wasn't expecting that you would change the XP halfway through..but good call to those that waited well played also... No need for sorry's or apologies , my bad for assuming that the event started when it popped up on my screen , how foolish of me to assume that Gree would do such dastardly things like only 3 hits per full in the wars...acceptable also...Gree and it's employees can do No wrong..we are the ones that have mis interpreted what was suppose to happen before it happened! Although this is aForum for Players and yet the Employees pop on here from time to time to shake the tree and see what falls out..throw out a few bans for voicing ongoing concerns and trying to make it a more fair and just game? I have been looking at it all wrong, Sorry to Gree and it's employees for letting me take advantage of the excess XP and less hits in battles, also all the additional gems I purchased were only to pay for the privalige of being here and trying to better my gaming experience was just selfish of me.
Gree need to just ask us all players of their product just to buy/purchase a $50 gem voucher and give the gems back to Gree for letting us partake in this , just as a Thankyou gesture , because you play what you are dealt? Unless they change it then it's better than before because they said so...we do not know how to play or the way things run, that's why Gree can change it when ever they want and you just have to be ready for it, Forum Mods/Dev are here to I form us after the fact which is acceptable also especially if it's 2 and half days cause that is how it's played? I'm such a sucker for letting myself believe that I had just cause to be vocal and say hey there is something wrong here! Oops no there isn't no a darn thing is wrong with this game.
We play because we like it, wepay because we want to, we get annoyed because we can, we want , we want, I have to remember it NOT ALL ABOUT THE PLAYER!!

chbranch
06-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Wow....I just read 7 pages of people crying about the supposed injustice of a game.

Skyraiders
06-20-2013, 04:28 PM
This is what really happened.......someone in GREE upper management noticed that people were not participating in the event which in turn means that people were not spending gems......complaints came in about the XP .......they changed it.....BAM.....people are trying to catch up to where they would normally be with gems. AWESOME.

Lol....LMAO....hahahahahahah.....joke?

leek
06-20-2013, 04:33 PM
I am happy with the fix, having not started the LTQ early. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Thank you CJ and please don't take away the CP scoring that is level based. It is a good system.

If it works don't change it....

Chingachgook
06-20-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm experiencing (no pun intended) a new problem with XP. XP is being added to my total any time I return to my kingdom or vault gold gained from defeating a quest monster. For example, if one hit on a monster gives 35 XP, I hit the monster and 35 XP is added to my total. Then when I click the button to return to my kingdom, an additional 25 XP is added to my total. If I'd hit the monster twice before returning to my kingdom and saw 70 XP added in the map, upon returning to my kingdom, an additional 50 XP was added. This is NOT happening in the account I play on my iPad. It's only happening in my iPhone account. I've had 2 of my guild members test the problem and the same thing is happening to them. If you play the game on an iPhone, I suggest you test it out and report the problem as I have. Needless to say, this is extremely frustrating. The key to a decent strategy-based game (for people not spending copious amounts of money on gems), is a level playing field. It seems with each passing day, the programming issues are destroying any semblance of balance. PLEASE look into this problem!

leek
06-20-2013, 06:18 PM
The true problem with this ltq is that it leveled people up while the campers sat it out. Once the campers found out that the exp was changed, they began the quest. So now these campers get to maintain their low lvl while the people who chose to play from the beginning, like myself, get the pleasure of leveling 3-4 times. Now I'm an even better target for the campers during the wars. Tis ENTIRE game is now centered around one thing, wars. No longer is this game about finishing maps, raiding/attacking, leveling buildings making friends, etc. it is about, how many gems will you spend during war? "And because of your higher lvl you do realize that you will have to spend more gems to earn the same amount of points right?" The only solution to this would be to change how points are earned. Yu can do this by; points are now earned higher or lower for strength of opponent, not lvl of opponent. So for example I'm a lvl 176 with 950k attack, and I attack a lvl 195 with 850k defense and I win, I earn the same amount of points as I would attacking a lvl 135 with 850k def. why should my lvl dictate the points I earn, or the points my opponent earns from me? it should about stats. Also, a lvl 135 attacking me would gain no more points off me then he would a lvl 115. and if you attack someone 100k stas below you, you earn less points, and so on. this will eliminate any one person getting destroyed throughout any given war. one person in my guild had over 10k losses. how is that fair to this person for playing the game? By doing it this way, it will also give people who put SKILL points into the attack and defense skills a slight advantage, but that's why we are given skill points right? Also, maybe change it so that one person can only be attacked X -amount of times during each battle.

I do not agree with your suggestion. I think CP points based on level match ups is fair and equitable. If you are at a higher level, you can bring more allies and units to war. This in turn translates to higher stats. How would a low level player be able to compete against you if he is restricted by the ally count afforded at his level? That's akin to stealing candy from a child. LLPs work hard and smart, with patience to get to a high Stat/level ratio. Where's the fun if you take away this strategy aspect of the game. So stop complaining.

On the other hand, you must be one of the high level players that get hammered with 1000+ losses in each war and that must have not looked good on your CV. But who cares, its a game. Have fun with it or move to some other games

Zenobia
06-20-2013, 07:07 PM
I do not agree with your suggestion. I think CP points based on level match ups is fair and equitable. If you are at a higher level, you can bring more allies and units to war. This in turn translates to higher stats.

Your logic that CP points based on level is equitable because higher levels can have more allies would make sense if the game did not cap the number of allies at 500. But there IS a cap. And once you reach the cap, you gain NO allies per level, while losing CP per hit each level.

SO, someone who started this LTQ at level 150 and ended it at level 155 is at a disadvantage to one who started the LTQ after they changed the parameters mid-stream is now level 151. Neither player gained allies. Neither gained more or different units than the other. However, in the next war when both players find a good target in who is level 170 say, the level 151 late starter now gets higher average CP's on the same target as the level 155 player. If the lvl 155 player wants to get the same number of total CPs that battle as the lvl 151 player, he has to pay gems to do so. NOT equitable.

jonny0284
06-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Zen, some people only like to side with the ill-gotten decision when it benefits them. Someday they'll be a part of the affected majority and then they'll want that to go their way, too.

Entitlement is a heckuva drug. ;)

Berneburg
06-20-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm experiencing (no pun intended) a new problem with XP. XP is being added to my total any time I return to my kingdom or vault gold gained from defeating a quest monster. For example, if one hit on a monster gives 35 XP, I hit the monster and 35 XP is added to my total. Then when I click the button to return to my kingdom, an additional 25 XP is added to my total. If I'd hit the monster twice before returning to my kingdom and saw 70 XP added in the map, upon returning to my kingdom, an additional 50 XP was added. This is NOT happening in the account I play on my iPad. It's only happening in my iPhone account. I've had 2 of my guild members test the problem and the same thing is happening to them. If you play the game on an iPhone, I suggest you test it out and report the problem as I have. Needless to say, this is extremely frustrating. The key to a decent strategy-based game (for people not spending copious amounts of money on gems), is a level playing field. It seems with each passing day, the programming issues are destroying any semblance of balance. PLEASE look into this problem!

I can confirm this is happening on iPads as well. Read your post and checked it out. Didn't pay attention to the XP values but I got XP for the map hit, and additional XP after returning to my Kingdom.

Skyraiders
06-20-2013, 07:17 PM
I do not agree with your suggestion. I think CP points based on level match ups is fair and equitable. If you are at a higher level, you can bring more allies and units to war. This in turn translates to higher stats. How would a low level player be able to compete against you if he is restricted by the ally count afforded at his level? That's akin to stealing candy from a child. LLPs work hard and smart, with patience to get to a high Stat/level ratio. Where's the fun if you take away this strategy aspect of the game. So stop complaining.

On the other hand, you must be one of the high level players that get hammered with 1000+ losses in each war and that must have not looked good on your CV. But who cares, its a game. Have fun with it or move to some other games

There are so many things wrong in this post but I don't feel like explaining it right now......Jonny...so true man.

Skyraiders
06-20-2013, 07:19 PM
I can confirm this is happening on iPads as well. Read your post and checked it out. Didn't pay attention to the XP values but I got XP for the map hit, and additional XP after returning to my Kingdom.

This is happening to me as well it's a problem ...one that should be fixed.....however. Look at the bright side you could be getting more XP than that if they had left the LTQ alone......sometimes .....don't look the gift horse in the mouth!!

leek
06-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Zen, some people only like to side with the ill-gotten decision when it benefits them. Someday they'll be a part of the affected majority and then they'll want that to go their way, too.

I perfectly agree with you. In this case, I am the beneficiary of this mid-way change and I am below L100. So this change works for me and puts me at a great advantage over other eager beavers. As to when bad karma will strike, we'll see.

Ratma2001
06-20-2013, 07:40 PM

I'll gotten gains ! Benefits? Affect majority ? Ohh and drugs? Entitlement is earnt , through continuous wars,battles,raids,and the like , and what you get out of it is what you put in it, time effort and sense of pride for achieving these things, drugs....only winning but I do have lines that I never cross unlike some? We all strive to reach a goal differ for most but a goal none the less, we all benefit from each other and move forward as a collective, that's why we are here, playing , talking , throwing ideas(good and bad) around, trying together to the same point the END if there was one , but we need to all move past certain points and obtain certain things as we go. If things change too much we give a Holler and if things look suspicious is it the way we look at it or is it something more??
Jonny please assist the forum members in bringing back some harmony to here, we all need something at the moment.
Cheers

E-I
06-20-2013, 07:45 PM

Another bug? In Kingdom Age? Shocking!

leek
06-20-2013, 07:51 PM
There are so many things wrong in this post but I don't feel like explaining it right now......Jonny...so true man.

I don't really think there is anything right or wrong. Its all a matter of differing opinions. Peace...

Rastlin
06-20-2013, 07:54 PM
GREE owes us something... It is not fair we got the high exp, because we PLAYED the game. You should then not lower the EXP, period. Why should I pay to get things done right away then?

Rastlin
06-20-2013, 08:17 PM
So if i particapate in the wars and now get less CP because i am a higher level....thats not a penalty?? Please enlighten me sir!!

edit: I know send a ticket into support so they can fix it......The CP earned has been well documented over the last 4 wars...please dont tell me that levels and CPs earned have no relation or that the problem is in the coding. HIGHER LEVEL=LOWER CP

Call me a liar i dare you!!
You are telling the truth... Every guild is talking bout it.

procsyzarc
06-20-2013, 09:15 PM

Make this true and the problem goes away.

The real issue isn't the insane xp some people got it is that we are punished for leveling. This game would be so much better if the scoring went back to the format of the first MW WD event where level didn’t affect points, even leaving the boss events as they are and making that one change would fix the issue.

People would play more and enjoy the game more and therefore spend more if they could play it properly but because of all the disadvantages to leveling people are forced to avoid pvp and pve at all costs unless there is an insane reward, which makes the game very dull. The mere fact that so many people would completely boycott a LTQ due to xp gain speaks volumes for how much we are punished for leveling

Almost There
06-20-2013, 10:56 PM
I've seen this argument a hundred times and I agree. An official comment on this longstanding issue would be nice.

Make this true and the problem goes away.

The real issue isn't the insane xp some people got it is that we are punished for leveling. This game would be so much better if the scoring went back to the format of the first MW WD event where level didn’t affect points, even leaving the boss events as they are and making that one change would fix the issue.

People would play more and enjoy the game more and therefore spend more if they could play it properly but because of all the disadvantages to leveling people are forced to avoid pvp and pve at all costs unless there is an insane reward, which makes the game very dull. The mere fact that so many people would completely boycott a LTQ due to xp gain speaks volumes for how much we are punished for leveling

Mickeytah
06-21-2013, 12:10 AM
I don't know a whole lot about coding, but I do know enough about it to know that to create a script that would figure out how much extra each player received by doing the quest when xp was off the charts and comparing it to what they would have received had the xp been the way it is now throughout the whole shebang would be ridiculously time consuming and would take away time from working on actual issues like dealing with support tickets for missing gems. Of course, then people would just cry about that even more.

For those that keep whining about coding and how GREE should hire better programmers, why don't you provide an example of a string a code for them to use? If you're not offering a solution, then you're just complaining. If you don't how to code or program enough to create something as simple as this:

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u656/fnelson0/032b_zps3cecab66.png (http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/fnelson0/media/032b_zps3cecab66.png.html)

which takes a bit of time just to create the scripting for each of the buttons to make sure things like date and time insert automatically in the right areas, yet is far less complex than an entire game, please quit talking about something you don't know about and acting as if it's as simple as pushing a button or typing up a couple sentences. For those that still don't get it, Scripting is extremely time consuming.

Some players want to not level and other players want to level, and still more don’t care one way or the other. Don’t like the xp given by the game during LTQs? Here’s a suggestion: How about you play the game that is given to you the best you can and quit whining like a five year old whose parents get you apples with your happy meal instead of fries simply because the game is not tailor made to your exact specifications or go code your own game and play that? Then you can have whatever rules you want, and you won’t have to worry about another company’s customer support.

Also, please keep in mind one thing about KA:

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u656/fnelson0/justagame_zps71f9f0ec.jpg (http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/fnelson0/media/justagame_zps71f9f0ec.jpg.html)

Schar
06-21-2013, 01:05 AM
I'm kind of surprised that no-one has latched onto the "100s asked for a fix".
Elephant in the room: what about the maxed out guilds...?

England Jon
06-21-2013, 01:23 AM
Some players want to not level and other players want to level, and still more don’t care one way or the other. Don’t like the xp given by the game during LTQs? Here’s a suggestion: How about you play the game that is given to you the best you can and quit whining like a five year old whose parents get you apples with your happy meal instead of fries simply because the game is not tailor made to your exact specifications or go code your own game and play that? Then you can have whatever rules you want, and you won’t have to worry about another company’s customer http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u656/fnelson0/justagame_zps71f9f0ec.jpg[/URL]

100% agree. Also with regard to your points on scripting changes, I also agree. You would be hitting a moving target. Accessing logs to dtermine actions of thousands of players and the testing and the limited time befote the next quests A nightmare. Best left well alone.

Berneburg
06-21-2013, 02:23 AM
[QUOTE=Schar;828576]I'm kind of surprised that no-one has latched onto the "100s asked for a fix".

How many people play this game? That few that "100s of people" represent a majority from which a company would make a coding change effecting everyone? I presume more than "100s of people" did not want the change, but were not provided the opportunity to voice their opinion prior to the change. Squeaky wheel gets the oil...

echus14
06-21-2013, 04:03 AM

Dear CJ54

I hardly ever comment about your replies, but the above is so ... breathtaking ... that I could not help but stand up and take notice of the new standard that you have set.

By the way, I am asking for a million free gems. Please do not consider whether it makes sense. Just do it (with apologies to Nike).

E-I
06-21-2013, 04:19 AM
I don't know a whole lot about coding, but I do know enough about it to know that to create a script that would figure out how much extra each player received by doing the quest when xp was off the charts and comparing it to what they would have received had the xp been the way it is now throughout the whole shebang would be ridiculously time consuming and would take away time from working on actual issues like dealing with support tickets for missing gems. Of course, then people would just cry about that even more.

For those that keep whining about coding and how GREE should hire better programmers, why don't you provide an example of a string a code for them to use? If you're not offering a solution, then you're just complaining. If you don't how to code or program enough to create something as simple as this:

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u656/fnelson0/032b_zps3cecab66.png (http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/fnelson0/media/032b_zps3cecab66.png.html)

which takes a bit of time just to create the scripting for each of the buttons to make sure things like date and time insert automatically in the right areas, yet is far less complex than an entire game, please quit talking about something you don't know about and acting as if it's as simple as pushing a button or typing up a couple sentences. For those that still don't get it, Scripting is extremely time consuming.

Some players want to not level and other players want to level, and still more don’t care one way or the other. Don’t like the xp given by the game during LTQs? Here’s a suggestion: How about you play the game that is given to you the best you can and quit whining like a five year old whose parents get you apples with your happy meal instead of fries simply because the game is not tailor made to your exact specifications or go code your own game and play that? Then you can have whatever rules you want, and you won’t have to worry about another company’s customer support.

There is a real simple fix, that would require minimal coding. Export level/XP data from the most recent backup before the LTQ started, import those rows into the live database, zero out XP earned for the remainder of the LTQ. Yeah, it isn't going to be a perfectly accurate solution to the problem, but it is going to be a fair solution to all players.

Jhoemel
06-21-2013, 04:24 AM
I played up to 32 of the high xp quest before being reverted. Im not whining coz i know that i will be given that xp when im hitting the monsters. Im not blindsided or anything.

And im glad that they fixed it but i decided to lay even if its the high xp so no complaints here

rsd007
06-21-2013, 05:15 AM
Gree failed when the LTQ passed the QA the first time, then failed again when they didn't anticipate what their change will affect players who already passed most of it, then again failed when they didn't offer any remedy for those who almost finished the LTQ to make them equal with those who skipped it at the beginning.
Dear CJ, games should be fair and all players have equal chances, what Gree did this time is making the game unfair
you have two options:
reduce xp for those who gained extra xp without reducing their levels (doable and no mega impact like reducing level)
or scrap leveling out of the equation in Conquest of Kings
those who complained about the LTQ had a reason, CoK and Boss events are largely penetalized based on level make this irrelevant and we are all happy

leek
06-21-2013, 05:36 AM
There is a real simple fix, that would require minimal coding. Export level/XP data from the most recent backup before the LTQ started, import those rows into the live database, zero out XP earned for the remainder of the LTQ. Yeah, it isn't going to be a perfectly accurate solution to the problem, but it is going to be a fair solution to all players.

I am a developer myself, albeit a pretty ordinary one and I can assure you that coding what you said is going to be quite complex.

Max Power
06-21-2013, 08:02 AM
As in haha ..you got me again Gree well played..I wasn't expecting that you would change the XP halfway through..but good call to those that waited well played also... No need for sorry's or apologies , my bad for assuming that the event started when it popped up on my screen , how foolish of me to assume that Gree would do such dastardly things like only 3 hits per full in the wars...acceptable also...Gree and it's employees can do No wrong..we are the ones that have mis interpreted what was suppose to happen before it happened! Although this is aForum for Players and yet the Employees pop on here from time to time to shake the tree and see what falls out..throw out a few bans for voicing ongoing concerns and trying to make it a more fair and just game? I have been looking at it all wrong, Sorry to Gree and it's employees for letting me take advantage of the excess XP and less hits in battles, also all the additional gems I purchased were only to pay for the privalige of being here and trying to better my gaming experience was just selfish of me.
Gree need to just ask us all players of their product just to buy/purchase a $50 gem voucher and give the gems back to Gree for letting us partake in this , just as a Thankyou gesture , because you play what you are dealt? Unless they change it then it's better than before because they said so...we do not know how to play or the way things run, that's why Gree can change it when ever they want and you just have to be ready for it, Forum Mods/Dev are here to I form us after the fact which is acceptable also especially if it's 2 and half days cause that is how it's played? I'm such a sucker for letting myself believe that I had just cause to be vocal and say hey there is something wrong here! Oops no there isn't no a darn thing is wrong with this game.
We play because we like it, wepay because we want to, we get annoyed because we can, we want , we want, I have to remember it NOT ALL ABOUT THE PLAYER!!

Cool, martyrdom now. Keep me posted on how that works. I know it doesn't read very well.

I have looked through your posts over the last few days, and it seems you are really due for a rage quit. It will be painful at first, but in the end, you will feel liberated. You are far to emotionally invested in a game on your phone. I hope you are as equally passionate about your loved ones and career, otherwise this would look dangerously out of perspective.

Wow....I just read 7 pages of people crying about the supposed injustice of a game.

No kidding. When things are broken, report them and see if they get fixed. If you don't like the food a restaurant is serving, rather than yelling at the cook for days on end, find a new restaurant.

KM KAge
06-21-2013, 08:32 AM
Wow, some reason amongst the chaos. Life is not fair, and quite often "might makes right". I am not going to give any recent examples, as that would just result in idiotic discussions on justification.

This is also true in the GAME. Unless you are a child, you should not expect complete fairness. Like Max stated, if you don"t like the food oar service, find another restaurant.

Chups
06-21-2013, 08:36 AM
This may be embarrassing but I'm one of those people who finished the quest before the change happened! Yes, I didn't even taste a low XP in my game.......I got 100% cheated. Worst game support in the history of gaming, only reason I'm playing is that I stopped buying gems.

bubbanna21
06-21-2013, 08:40 AM
I was in the middle of playing Kingdom Age on my Ipad. I was bounced out to my games screen. Since then I can't connect to server. It says "connecting to server" but then bounces me out to main game screen again. I've been playing for almost a year and am afraid to delete and reinstall the app because I'm not sure if all my stats will be erased. Any ideas about how I can fix this?

Chups
06-21-2013, 08:42 AM
I was in the middle of playing Kingdom Age on my Ipad. I was bounced out to my games screen. Since then I can't connect to server. It says "connecting to server" but then bounces me out to main game screen again. I've been playing for almost a year and am afraid to delete and reinstall the app because I'm not sure if all my stats will be erased. Any ideas about how I can fix this?

You can delete and reinstall this game and you will still have what you have back. This game is saved on the server.

procsyzarc
06-21-2013, 01:06 PM

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u656/fnelson0/justagame_zps71f9f0ec.jpg (http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/fnelson0/media/justagame_zps71f9f0ec.jpg.html)

It is there job to fix it not mine. I don't ask Gree employees to come to my company and manage it for me.

Schar
06-21-2013, 06:41 PM
... export level/XP data from the most recent backup before the LTQ started ...== huge assumption here!

Mickeytah
06-21-2013, 10:51 PM
For those complaining about how they finished the LTQ before the copious amounts of XP were dropped down and giving those who didn't jump right into it an advantage, who made the decision to keep playing the LTQ knowing full well it was chock full of XP? Think carefully before you answer, because whoever is responsible for that is also responsible for you gaining all kinds of levels you didn't want.

I didn't say the solution would be hard or easy. I just said it would be incredibly time consuming.

It is there job to fix it not mine. I don't ask Gree employees to come to my company and manage it for me.

Do GREE employees complain about how you do your job? They don't? So your comparison isn't valid? Oh, okay. Thanks for playing!

LordIndy
06-22-2013, 12:28 AM
For those complaining about how they finished the LTQ before the copious amounts of XP were dropped down and giving those who didn't jump right into it an advantage, who made the decision to keep playing the LTQ knowing full well it was chock full of XP? Think carefully before you answer, because whoever is responsible for that is also responsible for you gaining all kinds of levels you didn't want.

I didn't say the solution would be hard or easy. I just said it would be incredibly time consuming.

Do GREE employees complain about how you do your job? They don't? So your comparison isn't valid? Oh, okay. Thanks for playing!

Sorry bro. These answers don't hold water. If a restaurant screws up your order, they don't tell you eat it or starve, it will take too long to remake it, by the way here's the check.

Chups
06-22-2013, 12:44 AM
for those complaining about how they finished the ltq before the copious amounts of xp were dropped down and giving those who didn't jump right into it an advantage, who made the decision to keep playing the ltq knowing full well it was chock full of xp? Think carefully before you answer, because whoever is responsible for that is also responsible for you gaining all kinds of levels you didn't want.

omg. Lol!!!

Kjctnorris
06-22-2013, 03:36 AM

Your responses are ridiculous.

1) when deciding to do the event despite high exp gains, most did it with the knowledge many people wouldn't. Thus, they traded gaining exp over gaining an advantage on those sitting out.

2) quality assurance and customer service are cornerstones to any good business, regardless of how long it takes.

3) GREE doesn't get paid by me to fix the problems in my company, however, many players here do pay them, so they do have that obligation to provide the service expected.

Quick
06-22-2013, 04:31 AM
Never have I seen a game where the long term strategy is reducing playing time and experience gain, so I don't buy into the argument that we should of been forewarned about the exp gain before this ltq.
Bottom line, it seems to me from these pages of comment threads everyone wants the same thing, a system that rewards exp gain rather than penalizes. And I have to imagine it rewards Gree as well because then you have more people buying gems to attack monsters.

Cj and Sirios, I bet you guys are strapped but it looks like this exp issue has reached a boiling point.

Tigertiger55
06-22-2013, 05:34 AM
I'm getting 250 gold and an extra 25 XP per hit (at 43/50)

Bb233
06-22-2013, 06:26 AM
I don't think I have seen this solution posted... These LTQs have been increasing stats about 40,000 to 60,000 depending upon boosts, etc. During the last LTQ I increased 2 levels, from L150 to L152 which was a function of my hero strength and the XP of the mob. I am assuming once the current LTQ was fixed (I am saying fixed because it had to be broken otherwise why change anything?) I would have only increased 2 levels as in the previous LTQ and would have finished at L154 instead of L160. Since I increased 6 levels instead of 1 then I should be awarded with the stats for the 5 additional levels, so Gree should give me units that will add 250,000 to my stats. This is a simple solution that should not require any programming, just go into my account and give me 5 more of everything from this last LTQ. Since it takes hundreds of requests for Gree to fix something and nothing has yet to be done about this problem then this solution would only need to be applied to a few accounts. At this point it is much more equitable then doing nothing at all. Of course the most equitable thing to do in the beginning was nothing at all.

Greybeard
06-22-2013, 08:20 AM

As you say, I do not agree with your suggestion or your false claim. You do have every chance to increase your ally count up to the max. It's called leveling! Since you choose not to do that then you should be the one experiencing the negativity of that, not the rest of us who choose to level normally, as the game intended.

Mickeytah
06-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Sorry bro. These answers don't hold water. If a restaurant screws up your order, they don't tell you eat it or starve, it will take too long to remake it, by the way here's the check.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize there was a menu where we could pick and choose the options for our gaming experience. I had assumed we were all playing the same game. Must have missed the memo letting me know this was Burger King where I could have it my way exactly.

This is why playing Kingdom Age is not the same as going to a restaurant.

Your responses are ridiculous.

1) when deciding to do the event despite high exp gains, most did it with the knowledge many people wouldn't. Thus, they traded gaining exp over gaining an advantage on those sitting out.

2) quality assurance and customer service are cornerstones to any good business, regardless of how long it takes.

3) GREE doesn't get paid by me to fix the problems in my company, however, many players here do pay them, so they do have that obligation to provide the service expected.

1) For the record, I agree that changing the rules or rewards in the middle of anything is a bad idea, but Maybe instead of complaining about GREE, why not complain about the people who whined about the high XP which led to GREE changing it to accommodate all the people whining about high XP (which is a very high percentage people on the forum. GREE was trying to make people happy for once and it blew up in their face.

2) Yes, they are. You know what else is a good business practice? Prioritizing. Like I said before, time and resources are limited, and this is something that should take a back burner to all the other issues, like the ones that ate up gems and actually cost people real money. Something this did not. If there weren't all these other issues at hand, then maybe work on this. As mentioned above, I agree that changing the xp levels mid quest was a really bad decision, but GREE doesn't owe anyone a roll back, since it didn't actually cost anyone any money. In fact, this helped people save a little money buy providing a few extra energy refills, full energy refills, not just the 1,000 energy a gem refill gets you. So, really GREE hurt themselves. I, for one, went up about four levels, which saved me 8 energy refills, or about 140 gems, since I have about 2010 energy. Some people leveled up six or more times. That's a lot of gems people aren't having to open their wallets to replenish. So, really, we traded not leveling for saving a few bucks,

3) No, you aren't paid by them to fix the problems, nor anyone else on this forum. As someone who works in customer service, I can tell you that customers who try to tell you how to do your job, even though they haven't the slightest clue how your job is done, helps absolutely no one. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if a large group of people who didn't know how to do your job just showed up one day where you work and started to tell you what needed to be done, how it needed to be done, and when it needed to be done why.

I don't think I have seen this solution posted... These LTQs have been increasing stats about 40,000 to 60,000 depending upon boosts, etc. During the last LTQ I increased 2 levels, from L150 to L152 which was a function of my hero strength and the XP of the mob. I am assuming once the current LTQ was fixed (I am saying fixed because it had to be broken otherwise why change anything?) I would have only increased 2 levels as in the previous LTQ and would have finished at L154 instead of L160. Since I increased 6 levels instead of 1 then I should be awarded with the stats for the 5 additional levels, so Gree should give me units that will add 250,000 to my stats. This is a simple solution that should not require any programming, just go into my account and give me 5 more of everything from this last LTQ. Since it takes hundreds of requests for Gree to fix something and nothing has yet to be done about this problem then this solution would only need to be applied to a few accounts. At this point it is much more equitable then doing nothing at all. Of course the most equitable thing to do in the beginning was nothing at all.

You can't be serious...

Surely, LordIndy and Kjctnorris, the three of us can at least agree that this solution is absolutely insane, right?

I think CP points based on level match ups is fair and equitable. If you are at a higher level, you can bring more allies and units to war. This in turn translates to higher stats. How would a low level player be able to compete against you if he is restricted by the ally count afforded at his level? That's akin to stealing candy from a child. LLPs work hard and smart, with patience to get to a high Stat/level ratio. Where's the fun if you take away this strategy aspect of the game. So stop complaining.

Two things:

First: All players level 100+ has the same number of max allies. That's 101 out of the 200 levels that can have 500 allies, which is just slightly more than half the levels.

Second: According to your argument, it would make more sense for CP to based on ally count then level.

Kjctnorris
06-23-2013, 04:19 AM
@Mickeytah -
1 & 2) I understand this isn't an apples to apples comparison (but the principle is the same), but when a car company realizes there is an issue with a model, they fix it and sell the fixed version to customers who haven't bought it yet. For the customers who got the lemon, they do a recall to fix the problem over a period of time.

If GREE would offer some transparency to its customers on their plans to make it right over the long haul, this would alleviate many of the complaints they get, but they don't. Instead, we get "oops, we screwed up and offered an LTQ which did not sell well, so we'll change it up to make it more appealing to those who didn't buy in yet. Those of you who are loyal customers and bought in already are getting the wiener and that's too bad, but our profit margin suffers too much to maintain the status quo."

Regardless of how much of that is true doesn't matter. That's the perception and it's the company's responsibility to fix that, not the customers on a forum board.

As for prioritizing, you are absolutely correct, that is indeed an important factor for management to consider, and the players don't make it easier for themselves when they continue to pour money into the game when GREE prioritized things that benefit themselves instead of the customer. Many of us have already been round and round with the customers here and it just doesn't take, oh well. However, if GREE continues to let the immediate profit margin be the primary factor in the decision making process of how to prioritize rather than quality assurance and a holistic approach to long term profit margin which relies heavily on customer satisfaction, then the customers have every right to call them out each time they do so.

3) I'm not concerned with how customer service actually DOES their job; I'm only concerned with the end result. That's their job to figure out how to meet that. If they deem it's not cost effective to attempt to meet the customer demands and they're willing to lose customers while potentially gaining others, that is indeed their right, but that still doesn't take away the customers' right to voice their complaints.

Personally, I don't expect a perfect game from GREE. I fully recognize there will be bugs, mistakes, and there will always be those who either hack or figure out a way to exploit glitches in the game. However, when you're customer service tells you obvious lies as a response to your complaints (e.g. "there are quite frankly many legit guilds that have invested greatly to reach this level.") in an attempt to rationalize their lack of action, that is straight up insulting. When they continue to put out broken quests without doing their due diligence in QA because they know many will pour money into it as long as they keep rolling them out, that too is insulting.

If you can't see where these are examples of grievous issues in customer service, I really don't feel like debating this with you any longer because my issue isn't really with you. The only reason I even bothered to start is because if more customers would get their head out of the proverbial sand and echo this sentiment, perhaps GREE would offer us a better product that would maintain greater long term success rather than focusing on the immediate profit margin.

As for Bb233's suggestion, I have no comment. There are plenty of good and bad ideas being thrown around by the players. It's GREE's responsibility to sift through them and find and implement them in a manner that will satisfy its customers.

Lastly, I enjoy the game; I really do. But with these issues, I don't spend nearly what I used to. This affects both GREE and me. I don't enjoy the game nearly as much when I don't spend as much, and GREE doesn't make as much. Surely they can figure out a way to maximize the experience for both parties with an adjustment to the way they prioritize. That's all I'm really getting at.

Kjctnorris
06-23-2013, 04:21 AM
Good grief that was long... It's probably filled with redundancies, so apologies for that.

Quick
06-23-2013, 04:25 AM
Good grief that was long... It's probably filled with redundancies, so apologies for that.

Yes..... But I'd say accurate.

Ratma2001
06-23-2013, 04:58 AM
Cool, martyrdom now. Keep me posted on how that works. I know it doesn't read very well.

I have looked through your posts over the last few days, and it seems you are really due for a rage quit. It will be painful at first, but in the end, you will feel liberated. You are far to emotionally invested in a game on your phone. I hope you are as equally passionate about your loved ones and career, otherwise this would look dangerously out .

Rage quit, that's funny, just because I. Passionate about the dealings of family and career are foremost not that it's anything to do with you, and I provide for them, they do not miss out and I am fair, unlike some aspects of the game, I take most things in my stride and abide by rules and regulations, but when the rules change to benefit those that started late that's a different story, why should I be penalized for starting the LTQ on time and playing what I was dealt!
Unlike the rest that started late and 1/3 XP to what I got, of course it's a game but changing 3/4 way through it just plain out and out unfair, am I worried about what level I'm at...nope..I'm also not worried about being hit by level 200's, I can hold my own and have done so since I started playing, but if I was the same player and started later after Gree changed the rules I would be 3 levels better off, which would have given me a better oppurtunity to see those around the levels I bypassed, cause I like to visit certain Kingdoms, an opportunist maybe, but I have missed those in comparison to someone late starting, as for quitting I have done this before and will do it again when I'm ready, I don't NEED the game the game NEEDS me..weather as a free player or spender it's my choice...but I did not have a choice when they changed the rules...all was needed was a notification and everything would have been honky dory...but they didn't and went about it with dubious intent to gain more players to spend more..that is not my choice...if I had known I would have waited...so i am with my rights to voice my concerns and ask for FAIR play

Bb233
06-23-2013, 05:10 AM
Mickeytah, My solution to the problem that Gree created is no more insane than the fix they decided to implement. My solution on its face is absurd, but it meets one of the requirements that you had alluded to in an earlier post in that it would be simple. However, if they did decide to go this route, every customer that took on the LTQ prior to the fix would be happy and with that every customer would be satisfied - the ones that complained about the too high XP in the LTQ have been satisfied with the fix and the ones that took on the LTQ before the fix have been satisfied. When is pleasing all of your customers ever insane? Mickeytah, your posts do not offer solutions. All you do is criticize others for having an opinion that differs from yours. You belittle others while attempting to show your superior intellect. If you think gem refills is the most important customer service issue then by all means start a new thread on that, it should be no time before that thread has 11 pages of comments like this one. Clearly, this LTQ fix is a customer service issue, Gree has every right to ignore it but that doesn't mean all of the customers will even if you think they should. There is a small book on customer service written by a car dealer in Texas - Customers For Life - it's a quick read and basically boils customer service down to this - under promise and over deliver. Telling customers to move on after Gree made this mistake doesn't pass the test for customer service.

Kusa
06-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Hmm

I see a lot of this test before release honestly no qa team is 100% on fixing bugs.
Examples
1b. Skyrim full of bugs still to this day.

2b. Assassins creed 3 released with out qa was full of bugs they knew and said they would fix after game release.
Do I need to go on with this list.

Qa takes a back burner on a lot of game makers priority list then others do not want to pay for qa so the release it and get free qa from gamers.

Online gaming company's are more like casinos than other businesses. So comparing it to your little mom and pop business does not really work.

Stuff gets changed it is that simple you going to yell at burger king if you bought food and a hour latter the price changes no your not.
Same as gas that price changes all the time heck I've bought it and went in to pay and find out it was 50 cents more it.

Life is harsh and unforgiving it's allways throwing you road blocks.

I do support a different system for cp in wars. I do not support the ally version thought.
But do support higher stats better reward.

Kjctnorris
06-23-2013, 11:49 AM
None of your examples have any applicable similarities to the issues at hand.

The games mentioned do not pit you against other players in an environment where additional money spent gives an advantage or has quests that are limited in the time available.

If Burger King were to provide you with service or food deemed unsatisfactory by the customer, a letter to their home office often results in compensation to satiate the complainant.

Shifts in gas prices are caused by shifts in the market prices for oil, not by mistakes from the company who sells it.

As written, your examples don't justify any issues brought forth by those posting here. Even if they had greater similarities, it would still not justify anything. It would only point out life isn't fair. I can't imagine a company plans on making its customer satisfaction motto - when we screw you, that's life.

Quick
06-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Just as a run of the mill account with a run of the mill opinion I appreciate the thoughts expressed by Ratmus here. I think there iris so much feedback below for Gree that they may have months and months fixing.

And again cj and sirious, I think what we tell you is never negative just trying to be constructive.

Rage quit, that's funny, just because I. Passionate about the dealings of family and career are foremost not that it's anything to do with you, and I provide for them, they do not miss out and I am fair, unlike some aspects of the game, I take most things in my stride and abide by rules and regulations, but when the rules change to benefit those that started late that's a different story, why should I be penalized for starting the LTQ on time and playing what I was dealt!
Unlike the rest that started late and 1/3 XP to what I got, of course it's a game but changing 3/4 way through it just plain out and out unfair, am I worried about what level I'm at...nope..I'm also not worried about being hit by level 200's, I can hold my own and have done so since I started playing, but if I was the same player and started later after Gree changed the rules I would be 3 levels better off, which would have given me a better oppurtunity to see those around the levels I bypassed, cause I like to visit certain Kingdoms, an opportunist maybe, but I have missed those in comparison to someone late starting, as for quitting I have done this before and will do it again when I'm ready, I don't NEED the game the game NEEDS me..weather as a free player or spender it's my choice...but I did not have a choice when they changed the rules...all was needed was a notification and everything would have been honky dory...but they didn't and went about it with dubious intent to gain more players to spend more..that is not my choice...if I had known I would have waited...so i am with my rights to voice my concerns and ask for FAIR play

procsyzarc
06-23-2013, 02:03 PM
How is it not valid? If my company offers piss poor customer service or broken products and my customers complain it is my job to fix it not theirs, much like it is Gree’s job here not the paying customers. The answer being stated here was since we as the customers where not happy we should either tell them how to fix it or shut up and accept it. This would not fly in any other business but people like you seem to support it and try to set a standard that the gaming industry should be treated different from any other business and should put the responsibility on customers to fix issue rather than the business that profits from the product.

I don't really care too much about this particular issue as products change all the time its kind of like buying a MP3 player for $400 then the next week it goes on sale for $300 it may be annoying but it is life. What I do have an issue with is people implying it is the customers job to fix bugs in the games.

Like I have said earlier the real issue here isn’t the xp gained it’s the fact Gree games punish for leveling, this is what really needs to be addressed and then the games would be a lot more fun and more profitable.

Just think about it Gree how many Gem sales are you missing out on because people skip events trying to avoid xp gain? Just look at the current MW events if we weren’t punished for leveling so many more people would be taking part and using gold to complete in the pvp event and BP event but since they involve leveling a number of times the majority of people are skipping them all together.

The punishment for leveling is eventually be what will kill the games since you have two groups of players
1/ those who don’t worry about the xp gain and just complete events and
2/ those who only take part when it is low xp gain
While the second group stays strong for their level range they are falling further and further behind the first group so eventually they will hit a point where the enter the whale zone and go from being very strong to very weak get annoyed and quit. In KA I am under no illusion this will happen to me very soon, currently L130 and 1.6M attack I am pretty much unbeatable however very soon I will be visible to the L200’s with 2M+ stats and go from being unbeatable to a nice farm for stronger players

Kusa
06-23-2013, 02:16 PM
You basically proved my point.

Online gaming is basically a casino all they care about is money they must still be making money.

Casinos are ran to take your money online games are ran to take your money.

My examples are showing that Most games have bugs those two games cost way more to make and market and still had very Good sales

If you want I can list a bunch of online games with more bugs than this.

Bb233
06-23-2013, 02:23 PM
KUSA,

I don't know what casino you have been to but the ones in Las Vegas excel in customer service. They exist to take your money and to make you happy while they do that. Gree's customer service approach in this disaster is the antithesis of casino customer service. Your casino analogy is a good one for Gree to strive toward - make the customer happy while you take their money, make them a customer for life.

Ratma2001
06-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Still no word on this debarcle, when is it o.k to change something halfway through to suit most non paying , although most paying players started early ?
Why is there no redemption for the early starters ? if hundreds complained about the XP and soo many here were not why change it at all ? simple answer ..to get more people to buy gems to finish this LTQ !, and for those that started early tuff shyte ! , so this now has a negative impact on my next LTQ! which will bite me again, i pay to play but my concerns fall on deaf ears with the masses wanting less XP !, now if i can get all the paying players to submit a ticket we'll be back on track, the dissapointing part is no notification! until 2 1/2 days later, no oh we're sorry...just suck it up and keep playing !
No wonder players are leaving so often! what was earlier said "Quit Rage"

larrydavid
06-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Still no word on this debarcle, when is it o.k to change something halfway through to suit most non paying , although most paying players started early ?
Why is there no redemption for the early starters ? if hundreds complained about the XP and soo many here were not why change it at all ? simple answer ..to get more people to buy gems to finish this LTQ !, and for those that started early tuff shyte ! , so this now has a negative impact on my next LTQ! which will bite me again, i pay to play but my concerns fall on deaf ears with the masses wanting less XP !, now if i can get all the paying players to submit a ticket we'll be back on track, the dissapointing part is no notification! until 2 1/2 days later, no oh we're sorry...just suck it up and keep playing !

message I got:
"Thank you for the inquiry. We are unable to adjust levels or experience totals. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced.

Regards,

Chris"

Max Power
06-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Still no word on this debarcle, blah blah blah...

You have already received word on this "debarcle", and the way it is is the way it stands. Are you really gonna come on here daily and post thousands of words in anticipation that you are going to get something? Let me be clear....YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET ANYTHING.

Yes, it wasn't very fair, and yes, it effected people who made decisions knowing full well what the XP score was, and it didn't work out as well for you as those who made different decisions. Just effing deal with it. That's how this game has worked since day uno.

It's called Rage Quit, not Quit Rage, but realistically, I will settle for either....LOL!

Shinazueli
06-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Look. It's like this. They exist to screw you out of your money. It's called business. They're supposed to have good customer service, like any business. They don't. They're supposed to have relatively major bugs worked out before release. They don't.

News flash!!Gree completely fails at life. This has been known for quite some time. If their product wasn't as addictive as crack, they'd have gone out of business last year. But it is, and they haven't. This isn't a surprise. It's a slowly unfolding train wreck that everyone can see coming. There's no way the game can last, given their eroding customer base and failure to respond to customer demands. As more and more players quit, the game will eventually approach a loss of the critical mass of players necessary for any mmo to survive. Many players once quite happy to drop a couple mountains a month, myself included, have gone free. There's no ROI, not when they cram LTQs and stat inflation down our throats. So what, you have a million stats. So does everyone and their mother. And since the combat system is largely based on relative percentages, an additional 200k stats is both more expensive and less worthwhile. They screwed up the golden egg laying chicken because they got Gree-dy. If they'd have kept with a reasonable pace for events and wars, I'd probably still be forking over 200 bucks a month. But they didn't, and I don't, and there are whole guilds full of people just like me. It's pretty much un-fixable at this point. I'm just playing because I can't stop chasing the dragon. But my wallet stays away. I'd say at the current rate the servers will probably shut down early next year. Mark my words. Not that Gree cares, they'll just use the server space and change the skin of the game and release another game for another couple million unsuspecting gamers to get sucked into. It's what they do.

TL:DR - Gree sucks. We all know it. Nothing is going to change by coming onto the forums and complaining about it. Their model and their policies are set up the way they are to maximize profit, and they have exhibited no signs of being flexible on anything. So just deal, like everyone else has to.

plavine
06-25-2013, 07:35 AM
I don't comment often, but here it is.
It would seem from the way influence points are distributed in the wars and from the fact that once you hit level 150 all of the million attack players can see you, that unless you are a heavy gem user and can keep up with those who are, then leveling up too quickly is a detriment to many players .