PDA

View Full Version : Unrecognized Server Response latest release Of IOS and CC

JHB1
06-20-2013, 05:13 AM
There are a number of players locked out of the game. No one has heard anything from Gree . I am a faction leader can we get some idea what to do. Others please let Gree know if you have this problem. There is no workaround.

I get this error after updating the HD version my iPad
http://ist2-1.filesor.com/pimpandhost.com/7/9/6/6/79663/1/x/X/r/1xXrZ/image_m.jpg (http://pimpandhost.com/image/22869691-original.html)

ss30
06-20-2013, 06:19 AM
I only get this error on CCHD on my iPad I can still play the NON HD version on my iPad I have sent them a ticket from the NON HD version but no response, what a surprise

ss30

Shigeru
06-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Me too!!!!! My iPad, unrecognized server response. Please try again in few moments. I try and try for 2 days. Getting it on both the regular version of Crime City as well as the HD version! Help us!!!!!

Shigeru
06-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Terrorist probably......

exxar
06-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Same issue, no solution.

exxar
06-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Still the same issue. Still no solution except an email from gree about a totally different problem that I don't even have...

dloh1970
06-22-2013, 07:11 AM
Is there any link to DL the older ver of CC?

ss30
06-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Is there any link to DL the older ver of CC?

If only they would do this until they fixed the problem

Esco66
06-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Don't mean to necro but is there any fix yet? I haven't been able to play for almost a week now

K-Dawg
06-24-2013, 08:49 PM
I'm having this problem as well on my ipad

N41LZ
06-25-2013, 05:15 AM
Has anyone with CC HD on ipad been able to update and not get this issue?
This really needs to be fixed!!

ss30
06-25-2013, 05:18 AM
I cant be affecting people buying gold or they would fix it.

It's been over a week now

N41LZ
06-25-2013, 06:48 AM
I cant be affecting people buying gold or they would fix it.

It's been over a week now

Is it fixed on your HD version?

ss30
06-25-2013, 06:50 AM
Is it fixed on your HD version?

It wasn't yesterday

N41LZ
06-25-2013, 06:54 AM
It wasn't yesterday

Thanks for heads up, not gonna update my CC HD ver until it's fixed!

rockman7676
06-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Have this problem too, and it was shortly after I bought a vault of gold. I emailed Gree, and while they responded right away abt the last problem of buying gold when they were "swamped", I haven't gotten any response about this.

ss30
06-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Just had a response from gree I was asked to delete and re-download which I did and it solved...............

Nothing

Esco66
06-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Same. Just tried to reinstall and it still won't work. It's been more than a week now. I tried contacting gree a few days ago and they basically gave me an answer to an entirely different question. I appreciate their work and I've been patient since I'm sure they're swamped with tickets but it would be nice if they could at least give us an update on the problem. Also do you guys think they will reimburse us for the in-game income we can't collect? To this day I've lost almost 11mill in just IPH, probably double+ if you include money from robbing, jobs, lottery etc. Not to mention hours of lost time that could have been spent upgrading/building. No disrespect to gree, they make great games and were extremely helpful to me last time I had a problem.

ss30
06-25-2013, 02:10 PM
I had another email asking me to send them a screen shot of the problem which I have sent them.

I will keep you all informed.

rockman7676
06-25-2013, 02:11 PM
I tried reinstalling and it didn't work. The I tried reformatting my ipod to factory settings and erasing EVERYTHING, and it still doesn't work!

K-Dawg
06-25-2013, 02:24 PM
I tried reinstalling and it didn't work. The I tried reformatting my ipod to factory settings and erasing EVERYTHING, and it still doesn't work!

i did the exact same thing as you did and it still doesn't work

ss30
06-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Same. Just tried to reinstall and it still won't work. It's been more than a week now. I tried contacting gree a few days ago and they basically gave me an answer to an entirely different question. I appreciate their work and I've been patient since I'm sure they're swamped with tickets but it would be nice if they could at least give us an update on the problem. Also do you guys think they will reimburse us for the in-game income we can't collect? To this day I've lost almost 11mill in just IPH, probably double+ if you include money from robbing, jobs, lottery etc. Not to mention hours of lost time that could have been spent upgrading/building. No disrespect to gree, they make great games and were extremely helpful to me last time I had a problem.

Download the sd version

Esco66
06-25-2013, 04:26 PM
^^ Thank you! what's the sd version and where do I download it? ^^

ss30
06-25-2013, 10:50 PM
If you go to the App Store and search crime city you will see 2 versions one normal (the sd version) and one with hd, download the non hd version

Esco66
06-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Is there a separate hd and sd for iPhone? I only see ipad

N41LZ
06-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Ipad has HD and SD, iphone only has the standard ver

d4nz
06-26-2013, 07:06 AM
I'm not able to get either the hd or sd version working since upgrading to ios7 :(

rockman7676
06-26-2013, 07:26 AM
I'm using ipod, just has sd. Deleted and reloaded. Reformatted entire ipod, still nothing. And no response from Gree 4 days after ticket submitted.

JHB1
06-26-2013, 05:35 PM
I reset my ipad and restored from iCloud using a date with the previous version of CC. I have the latest version of IOS without the CC latest upgrade.

I'm using ipod, just has sd. Deleted and reloaded. Reformatted entire ipod, still nothing. And no response from Gree 4 days after ticket submitted.

(CCK) Cam
06-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Don't mean to necro but is there any fix yet? I haven't been able to play for almost a week nowThat wasn't much of a necro.

N41LZ
06-27-2013, 01:41 AM
This still not fixed? Anyone with CC HD confirmed this is working?
Or will Elvis dive back into the building?

K-Dawg
06-27-2013, 04:24 AM
This still not fixed? Anyone with CC HD confirmed this is working?
Or will Elvis dive back into the building?

This problem has still gone unfixed and is being flat out ignored it seems

Ice Cream Man
06-27-2013, 05:21 AM
Same problem here on a new iPod.

exxar
06-27-2013, 01:14 PM
I STILL have the "unrecognized server response" error, and have been having that for 6 days already.
The only reply to my emails is about some gold purchase issue I DON'T HAVE.
No word about fixing that server error.

d4nz
06-27-2013, 01:38 PM
have you guys started leaving 1 star rating reviews yet? I imagine that would get their attention if enough of em started showing up

ss30
06-27-2013, 10:18 PM
There is a new version in the App Store, version 3.7 but it does not solve the error :(

exxar
06-28-2013, 12:14 AM
Just installed the new update, and all crime city does is hanging at the "connecting to server" screen. And there it has been for more then 30 minutes now.
So it seems that they removed the popup error about the unrecognized server response, but they didn't fix the problem.

ss30
06-28-2013, 12:38 AM
I still get unrecognized server response on my iPad

ss30
06-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Has everyone with a problem raised a ticket?

samtangx
06-28-2013, 05:49 AM
Same here, no reply for over 2 weeks...

Shigeru
06-28-2013, 02:19 PM
"Hello Joe,

Thank you for replying. I am sorry to hear that the issue is still persist even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I can certainly understand how disheartening it is when you are unable to enjoy your game because of this issue. Please know that resolving your issue is very important to me. At this point, I am escalating your case to our developers for further investigation so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest. Meanwhile, we appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reply to this mail.

Happy gaming with us!

Regards,
Luke Jennings
GREE Support"

So we will wait and see

Shigeru
06-28-2013, 02:39 PM
And also I reply too
I reinstall and still no luck and a lot of people are playing with iPad and iPod getting mad from this unrecognized server at the GREE forums

rockman7676
06-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Like others, I am jut sitting there with it saying "connecting to server". No response to my ticket a week later. Kinda sucks missing this event with the huge items. Esp bc my account is a level 11 and those who do get it will spend the next 3 months running over me.

Shigeru
07-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Man waiting waiting and waiting!

Zendfrim
07-03-2013, 12:11 PM
I have some friends who can't play CCHD. This is ridiculous. Gree you need to get your crap together and stop screwing around. Either run the game properly and actually fix the issues or shut it down and let someone who is not inept continue the game. It'd take less time and trouble to do it from the ground up with the way you're running things.

d4nz
07-03-2013, 12:56 PM
It just started working again for me on ios7 beta 2 ipad. Now to get my account restored!

Shigeru
07-04-2013, 02:19 AM
ios 7 beta? How u get it?

K-Dawg
07-04-2013, 06:23 AM
iOS 7 beta is out?

rockman7676
07-04-2013, 04:41 PM
The response I got was that I had an old version of CC and I should delete and reinstall the game. Ummm....I already did that 2 times and said that in my complaint. They seem to be ignoring that this is a widespread problem. And I had a decent amount of gold.

dloh1970
07-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Wrote to iTunes about getting a refund for my gold I paid last month for the syndicate war but they basically said this is the app developer's problem they should be able to help you and no you are not getting your refund so have a nice day and gtfo

exxar
07-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Just tell iTunes you never got the gold, and that's why you payed more than one time.

And I still can not start the game. The "unrecognized server response" error is gone since the last update, but now it just hangs at the startup screen with the turning wheel, while trying to connect to server.

noukie
07-05-2013, 09:15 AM
This is just terrible! The problem perssisted so I downgraded to ios 6. My game was working perfectly untill I installed new update and the lost my game!!!!!!!!!!! The new udpate has no funzio id or pass and I send email and they have not responded for over 2 weeks!

Admin/ Dev, Please try not to take soo long, its really frustrating. Specially for someone who buys gold. I hope you fix the issues in transfering the game, and in iOS7.

Thank you

exxar
07-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Where did you already get iOS7?

I really wonder when GREE is going to solve the server connection issue. It's really bugging me to have payed for gold in the game, and then after the (previous!) update, I haven't been able to start Crime City.
TWO WEEKS already. Support said they're working on it. I say they don't give a damn and just try to get you to pay for their gold.

exxar
07-06-2013, 03:01 AM
another day has passed, STILL NO SOLUTION!

sweatpants
07-06-2013, 02:01 PM
so i provided them with all the info they needed recently via my open ticket thats' been active since
june 15th and today they send me an email that says to uninstall the game and it will work fine. prior to that i was told to follow the itunes method that does not work either.

do the people that respond to these emails even read these forums? i have three apple products that are all currently synced and backed up and the only one crime city works on is the original 4 year old
ipod touch that i used to use to transfer games around.

now the game is stuck on there and i can not move it to my ipad or iphone5.

the sync and load method does not work. period.

what i dont understand is that the war of nations game that gree just brought out works flawlessly
between my devices with no backing up required.

can someone from gree please help us with a legit response of some sort that you are at least working on a fix?

Koonxin
07-07-2013, 02:42 AM
Already more than 2 weeks, still no solution to load CC acct to my new iPad mini 3G.

Thank you for contacting Support. If you still have your old device, please sync/back up your account to either iTunes or iCloud. Next, sync your new device with either iTunes or iCloud and restore data. When you open the game on your new device, you will be prompted to restore your data. Please click yes; you should now have your account restored to continue playing the game.

After restore to new device many times via iTunes and iCloud, still received same thing "Unrecognized server response" probably thousands of times. Have about 900 gold left in CC account, still waiting for pending gold bonus from >USD$500.00 purchase last month.

Oh, and new battle coming up. So, if suddenly many gold spenders decide to upgrade to new devices, there'll be like lesser GOLD PURCHASE for this battle? So Gree or Funzio decided to close down or what?

Unable to load game means locked out of game,
Locked out of game means unable to participate in battle,
Unable to participate in battle means no gold purchase,
No gold purchase means.....

Simple equation..

exxar
07-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Still no solution? I'm waiting.... For more than two weeks already...

exxar
07-09-2013, 04:31 AM
A few days have passed again, and still no solution. Great work GREE(d)!

dads
07-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Added to see if GREE responds,here.
It's not only new devices so keeping track for a friend.

ss30
07-09-2013, 10:49 PM
The last email I got from gree was on the 2nd July which I replayed that it still was not fixed, no response from since.

exxar
07-09-2013, 10:54 PM
3.7.1 has some minor bug fixes. Great for the minor bugs. How about solving the big bug?? It STILL doesn't work!

Koonxin
07-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Still waiting for GREE D to respond with solution for game transfer to new iOS device.. up till now still unable to log in with new iPad mini 3G..

"Unrecognized server response"

wtf GREE D? How long more? New battle coming up..! How many more to miss?

JoJo1234
07-10-2013, 03:26 AM
I don't know if will work for everyone, but rather than transferring game from old to new device I just needed to install the app from my ITunes account onto my new IPhone and that worked without any problems.

As I say not sure if it will work for others but it may help some people.

Hope you get your games back very soon.

Koonxin
07-10-2013, 07:26 AM
I don't know if will work for everyone, but rather than transferring game from old to new device I just needed to install the app from my ITunes account onto my new IPhone and that worked without any problems.

As I say not sure if it will work for others but it may help some people.

Hope you get your games back very soon.

Hi Jojo, what I did as suggested by gree-D support is to back up existing iPad mini Wifi to iTunes and/or iCloud. Then restore to new device which is my iPad mini 3G. Did BOTH iTunes and iCloud restoring onto my new iOS device but still unable to log in on new device. Even tried to login Gamecentre and login CC from there, able to recognize my ID but CC just wouldn't log in.

So did I miss something?

Koonxin
07-10-2013, 07:43 AM
My latest ticket to Gree

Hi Gree people,

I'm still waiting patiently for your solution to resolve the issue on transfer of Crime City account to new iOS device. In the past it could be done with Funzio ID but now the option is no more available. Not only is this option no more available, it seems it is impossible now to conduct transfer of account to other devices.

So what happens if other players lost their iOS devices, or upgraded to new iOS devices? I have another Gree account playing on iPhone 4 and planning to upgrade to iPhone 5 soon. But it seems Gree have no intention to resolve such simple transfer issue.

Looking forward to your response soon, and I find it fair to post this onto Gree forum to warn people planning for iOS device upgrade or even downloading Gree games!

Character name: Edge
Character invite code: 937778373

Johny Lauronitis
07-10-2013, 08:09 AM
I just updated to iOs 6.1.3 does this version support CC hd? After the update my game is now stuck at either unrecognized server response, or not connected to the Internet

exxar
07-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Johny, welcome to the club of players that can't access they're game because of the "unrecognized server response" error, of the simple turning wheel at startup.

I doubt it will even be solved since GREE-D doesn't even reply to the error reports.

Koonxin
07-10-2013, 09:25 AM
I just updated to iOs 6.1.3 does this version support CC hd? After the update my game is now stuck at either unrecognized server response, or not connected to the Internet

Hi Johny, yeah datz right.. Welcome to the "Unrecognized Server Response" club..

Stoopid me trying to be more efficient by getting a brand new iPad mini 3G (with broadband simcard) to replace existing iPad mini Wifi.. Instead of more CC time, ended up zero CC time! wtf Gree-D?

Johny Lauronitis
07-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Is this an old issue? I've only had it after updating to 6.1.3

exxar
07-11-2013, 04:47 AM
I believe it has nothing to do with the OS you're running. I got the error when I updated the crime city app. And I've had it since then. Repairing my iPhone 4S in dfu mode didn't help, reinstalling crime city 20 times, didn't help. Sync with iTunes, deleting crime city and reinstalling it didn't help.
It's an issue at GREE's side, not ours (=the users)

xRedfoxx
07-11-2013, 07:49 AM
iPad not connecting after repairs..........
I had CC-HD on my ipad. Kid drops iPad. Apple store resets hard drive thinking that will help. It doesn't. Apple tells me to buy a new one. I take iPad to electronics store who repairs wire on the inside that was dismantled from drop. $60 later iPad works. I've reloaded CC-HD but it won't connect to server. I deleted CC-HD and loaded CC. It tries to connect but forever has the rotating "I'm thinking" icon in the middle of the screen and never connects.

Please advise......I have a war to participate in tomorrow.......

ss30
07-11-2013, 01:33 PM
I replyed to the last email from gree saying that the issue hadn't been fixed with the latest update and got this reply

We're still working on tracking down the cause of this issue, and we deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Chris

exxar
07-12-2013, 02:24 AM
I got a similar reply from Chris too.

Johny Lauronitis
07-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Oh god, battle starts in a few hours and this issue still unfixed. Hope Gree fixes this soon,

░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░░░░░
░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░
░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▄░░░▄▌░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
▌░░░░░▌░░▀▀█▀▀░░░▄▄░░░░░░░▌░▐
▌░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░▌░▀██▄▄▄▀░░▐
▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▀░░░▄▌
▐░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░
░█░░░▌░░▌▀▀▀▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░
░░█░░▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▌░░▌░░░█░░░░
░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░▄▀░░░░░
░░░░░▀▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▐▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░╔═╗╔═╗╔═╗░░░░░║░║╔═╗║░║░░░░
░░╠═╣╠╦╝╠╣░░░░░░╚╦╝║░║║░║░░░░
░░║░║║╚═╚═╝░░░░░░║░╚═╝╚═╝░░░░
║╔═░╦░╦═╗╦═╗╦╔╗║╔═╗░░╔╦╗╔═╗╔╗
╠╩╗░║░║░║║░║║║║║║═╗░░║║║╠╣░╔╝
║░╚░╩░╩═╝╩═╝╩║╚╝╚═╝░░║║║╚═╝▄░

rockman7676
07-15-2013, 08:35 AM
After 3 weeks of no access I just turned it on yesterday and it worked!

ss30
07-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Lucky you. CCHD still doesn't work on my iPad.

Not for me, it's still not working

Johny Lauronitis
07-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Not for me, it's still not working

Ditto,still not working and CC regular just hangs at connecting to server

xRedfoxx
07-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Still not working for me either

ss30
07-15-2013, 10:29 PM
The SD version works fine for me!

exxar
07-16-2013, 11:47 PM
One MONTH later, and it still doesn't work. Nice job GREE!

Johny Lauronitis
07-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Wowwwww, I'm still locked out of CCHD, does Unrecognized server response look familiar?

Assault and Flattery
07-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Hey guys,

I just want to let you know that we are taking this issue very seriously, and are actively working to get this resolved for everyone affected. When we have new information of a course of action, I will update either this or a new thread.

KemoKidd
07-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Any reason you keep deleting threads about a new building?

Assault and Flattery
07-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Because I am in the middle of making a shiny new thread about it, so please stop speculating when I have real info to share.

Assault and Flattery
07-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Sorry, that was rude of me. I'm just in the middle of writing up content for the new stuff coming out (and juggling like ten other things), and when 5 threads pop up with misinformation about them while I'm trying to give you guys accurate info, it's frustrating.

K-Dawg
07-19-2013, 01:04 PM
That escalated quickly.....

KemoKidd
07-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Because I am in the middle of making a shiny new thread about it, so please stop speculating when I have real info to share.

:eek: Sorry!

I wasn't speculating. Just wondering. There have been many other threads with "misinformation" that were never deleted before. You should know how much fun we have playing the guessing game of what is coming out next. For some reason this ltb was handled much differently so I was wondering if people were breaking terms of this forum.

By the way, apology accepted. :)

That escalated quickly.....

Lol^

ss30
07-19-2013, 11:30 PM
This problem is now sorted the HD version now works :D

Now all I need is my name to be changed back, I paid 50 gold to change it and a few weeks ago it got changed back to Alex

exxar
07-20-2013, 01:32 AM
It finally works again for me. Thanks a lot!

Too bad I'm now running behind on everyone and also missed out on a lot of good stuff, including the free gold.

Johny Lauronitis
07-20-2013, 04:41 AM
Well it also works for me too, thanks a lot AF and gree support

_Drifter
07-20-2013, 09:04 AM
I was just able to log in on CCHD as well. Finally! (3+ weeks of unrecognized server response)

The worst bit about CCSD was how terrible the game lags when you visit any hood with loads and loads of decorations. Second worst part was requiring a magnifying glass for most of the menus.