PDA

View Full Version : News Board

Armalg-the-Good
06-20-2013, 04:44 AM
My message board is now barely 2 pages long (10 slots). It is so short now it barely has a memory for the last few hours.... it is possible to get robbed while at work and by the time you've returned that robbery has dropped off the board because you received a few posts and a modest amount of hood activity. It seems to be a counter productive change...unless of course this is a bug. Thanks.

Deuces914135880
06-20-2013, 05:20 AM
it sounds like you need a better defense mate

Armalg-the-Good
06-20-2013, 09:25 AM
No, not really. People don't raid my hood for gold. There is nothing much to protect.... I get attacked because I rob a lot. I did 16 million in robberies yesterday alone which may not be a lot at your level but I'm pretty sure it is a notable amount of money at my level. I also use my message board to talk to friends and respond to players who post. 10 spaces is just not functional if you are an active player who does more than farms gold from their hoods. I couple of lines of dialogue with a friend can literally wipe your news board out in minutes. It is just a pointless change. People who light up red on your message board are there because they have made a conscious decision to attack you or retaliate. If they get robbed multiple times, it is their fault for having rage issues and staying on my board. I don't retaliate against people who attack me and I have nothing to gain from retaliating. I just move on.

dudeman
06-20-2013, 09:31 AM
The news feed has roughly 60 slots. Some actions get grouped into "one" story, even though there could be 10-20 things going on.

So you either need better defence, fewer chatty comments (don't you have email or any kind of messaging software?), or to gain a little more knowledge of game mechanics/how the news feed works.

nopenopenope
06-20-2013, 10:37 AM
True dat. But so odd that I have 8 on my daily HLP newsfeed and 33 on my LLP. Only 1 attack loss (group), and 2 robs (1 group, 1 for $24) the rest wins wouldn't equal 60 entries.

*Assumed the groupage, who stole my newspaper!?

cditti
06-20-2013, 11:17 AM
If you get robbed then attacked then robbed then attacked then robbed...etc 1 person doing this it is one story totally wipes out everything....

Armalg-the-Good
06-20-2013, 11:54 AM
No no...I know this. I'm saying they either hot patched a change from last night which is detrimental to the game OR I'm bugged. I used to have many more NEWS slots than I do now (now have only 10). Does everybody else still have 60 or am I the only one that now has only 10?

dudeman
06-20-2013, 12:16 PM
My vote goes for "your game is being normal and you just don't know how it works yet".

Prove me wrong.

OBAMASMAMA
06-20-2013, 12:26 PM
My vote goes for "your game is being normal and you just don't know how it works yet".

Prove me wrong.

Way to be correct.

dr007
06-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Hostile dude...:cool:

BigMoney
06-20-2013, 04:02 PM
If you get robbed then attacked then robbed then attacked then robbed...etc 1 person doing this it is one story totally wipes out everything....

I don't think this is correct at all. These would get grouped into two items. If you want to be annoying and dominate someone's newsfeed, you have to alternate successes and failures.

Sometimes I notice my newsfeed is a lot shorter after I clear my RAM, and if I don't clear my RAM or turn off my game for a long period of time (e.g. going into overtime for an event) the newsfeed gets longer than normal, but the last few items disappear when I restart my game.

3squir3
06-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Same thing as my news box suddenly was wiped up to about 2/3 hours of my current time. Ive had news items constantly for the past few months and it never got wiped like it did 2 days ago. Doubt grouping is the case because out of the news items i did have i had over 10 ppl with different attacks/robbings.
Sucked since i had 3 ppl i was robbing between 2-4mil each.

candyson
06-20-2013, 06:45 PM
I easily see 3 weeks on my feed. No problem here.

Dipstik
06-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Oh look... This thread again...

Is the concept really that difficult? If one person robs you 60 times, your news will be one entry long.