PDA

View Full Version : Old Farts

JohnnyR
06-20-2013, 12:41 AM
Where are yaz? Mcdoc, Maverick, Thunderchild, Aidan, HelloKitty, Poopenshire, Gambit, PUN!!!

So many more I've left off! Haven't played in an age and a half, should I reinstall this game fellas?

Missed this place, feels like going back to my old school-hope some of you all are still around.

Also-Copenhagen, Bronson, Q Raider, Baraka, and my old buddie- Jp lfs!!!

How the hell are you mofos?

Looks like WP is stilll banned. :-(

mickymacirl
06-20-2013, 12:52 AM
Everyone's here, its just our soul has been ripped out!

JohnnyR
06-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Mickymac, another moldie but goldie. ;-P

Might have to stick around for a while, looks like there are still gold bans and stuff! I wonder if I can even go back to my old base, freaking A it seems so foreign here.

mickymacirl
06-20-2013, 01:01 AM
welcome back anyways, ya some very big changes! were you around for factions???

JohnnyR
06-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Thanks man.

Nope! I take it someone at GREE finally made use of the ally lists? Sounds promising!

Looks like I'll have to read an FNG guide!

mickymacirl
06-20-2013, 01:34 AM
Well no there is a monthly battle between clans if you will, or a faction, who ever gets the most points wins (been PUN since day one with ferrs second)

Jhoemel
06-20-2013, 02:03 AM
Hey man, long time no see man

Sepi
06-20-2013, 02:06 AM
"Welcome back, commander." :D

Mcdoc
06-20-2013, 02:16 AM
Old Fart - I guess I am since the oldest fart on the forum now calle me an old fart - LoL.

Welcome back Johnny R!

hmmmmmm - Johnny R leaves - Pirate Justice takes over the forum - Pirate Justice leaves and Johnny R makes a comeback?

Things that make you go - nahhhhh - couldn't be - LoLoLoLoL

JohnnyR
06-20-2013, 02:45 AM
Hello there jhoemel, I remember that unique name and your avatar remains unchanged. That's pretty cool man, I hope you're kicking azz here. :)

PJ's gone?! That ol' potstirrer but oh so eloquent wordsmith has left the game? No way!

Hello there ol' chaps! My o my, the night is sliding into mornin' and here we are on the MW forums....still!

I must say, some of these game changes are NEATO, but it's better seeing friendly faces around.

Take care for now Mcdoc, Sepi and co, I'll be back!

Fl@sh
06-20-2013, 03:34 AM
I thought I was the old fart...

Jhoemel
06-20-2013, 04:07 AM
Yeah still kicking some ass johnnyR. Glad u remembered me. A lot of the old timers still play the game but is taking a back seat in the forums so the old timers are still alive :)

Thunder Child
06-20-2013, 05:30 AM
Where are yaz? Mcdoc, Maverick, Thunderchild, Aidan, HelloKitty, Poopenshire, Gambit, PUN!!!

So many more I've left off! Haven't played in an age and a half, should I reinstall this game fellas?

Missed this place, feels like going back to my old school-hope some of you all are still around.

Not sure I should be responding to 'old farts'!

Alive and well, Johnny - and on me own reinstall. Do it!

Good to see you're up and about!

Speed ump
06-20-2013, 05:34 AM
Still a few old farts here

Anonymously Yours
I thought I was the old fart...She said I had a very old PART. Muhhhhhhhaaaaa

Thunder Child

.... but maybe a little slower?

Corsair
06-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Hey Johnny, nice to hear from you again. Most of us old farts are still kicking around, though less often in the forums here these days.

LeBarticus
06-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Welcome back Johnny. Like everyone has been saying, old timers are still lurking around behind the scenes. The original forum environment was destroyed by an overflow of immaturity and arrogance.

Welcome to the new age!

Poopenshire
06-20-2013, 10:46 AM
I am trying to keep my head above water....

Bronson
06-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Looks like all the old school is coming back to town, welcome back JR

camper killer
06-20-2013, 01:33 PM
I have a feeling a new Noob's guide is in order.... no one better than the original author.

manbeast
06-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Am I old enough? Am I farty enough?

Still lurk the forum, almost daily

Ferr
06-20-2013, 02:58 PM
I guess i dont qualify for o.f.membership......

Thunder Child
06-20-2013, 03:19 PM

Oh, I don't know Ferr - you must qualify as either 'old' or a 'fart'!

Ferr
06-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Oh, I don't know Ferr - you must qualify as either 'old' or a 'fart'!
Can I purchase the missing one?

Gambit12
06-20-2013, 03:41 PM

Good to see you JhonnyR & thanks for bumping my thread earlier this morning. And here is the missing Ultimate Weapon from the Launcher Case auction event. This is provided by the Unicorn man F@sh himself...

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii520/natch82/null_zps7ae11dab.png

The funny thing about this Ultimate Weapon is. This guy has the highest stats in MW world & with only have AK-47 as his weapon. What a joke from Gree designer...

Thief
06-20-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't think i qualify for OF either....I was lurking in Feb '12 on the forums but then didn't join until May. Guess that makes me a young spring chicken still :D

Regardless welcome back JohnnyR i hope you Reinstall!

Jhenry02
06-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Me too i guess, casualties of lurking.

Hivesy
06-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Mr Strider of Doom! Welcome back Johnny, replied to your in game message so hit me back buddy.

My oh my someone says fart and all the crusties come out to play!

I am a cow
06-20-2013, 04:50 PM
I have been stalking the forums a long time before making an account long time no hear from you Johnny!

Tail gunner
06-21-2013, 04:15 AM
Welcome back JohnnyR - good to see you return, however you might find that things have changed a lot since you have been away.

Dingleberry
06-21-2013, 06:01 PM
I consider myself an ancient queef in the game....December 2011. Almost as old of a queef as my pal, Speed Ump.
If you don't know what a queef is, use The Google, Luke!

vball
06-21-2013, 08:17 PM
This is a great thread seeing a lot of guys that I know from the forum.

Tanner
06-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Jp, Mav, Tate, Spectra, EnjoyLife, Miner & others are still around too. Must be sleeping or something boring like that. ;) Ascent is AWOL. :(

Welcome back. What are your first impressions of the game upon your return?

Jp lfs
06-21-2013, 11:14 PM
I swore I'd never post here again, but a good ol' fashioned shout-out is like the infamous Triple-Dog-Dare... you're morally obligated to respond... So...

Welcome Back JohnnyR!!! I, for one, have missed you!!

Maverick50727
06-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Hey Johnny. Long time. Yeah I'm not in the forum these days but I still have my spies who are and told me you were posting. Had to drop in and say hello

Yes much has changed and in other ways nothing has at all.

As Tanner said above Tate, Spectra, Miner, JP, Agent Orange, and many more are still around and kicking. In fact all those I mentioned are with Our REG or CAI factions. If you are back and looking to play let us know your stats. We might have a spot in one or the other. Reach out to Tanner, Tate or myself. You probably still have my email or theirs drop us a line or PM us if you are looking for a faction home.

I sent you an ally request.

TTYL.

JohnnyR
06-22-2013, 12:17 AM
I thought I was the old fart...

The oldest!

Wow, good to see PUN kicking!

Hey Johnny, nice to hear from you again. Most of us old farts are still kicking around, though less often in the forums here these days.

I've noticed, wasn't sure if it was dilution from the newbie influx or what, but scrolling through an old thread and checking out profiles seems many still check in. Glad to see the old guard around.

Not sure I should be responding to 'old farts'!

Alive and well, Johnny - and on me own reinstall. Do it!

Good to see you're up and about!
It's the silent ones that are deadly. :-P
Done and done-this game is something else for sure.

Welcome back Johnny. Like everyone has been saying, old timers are still lurking around behind the scenes. The original forum environment was destroyed by an overflow of immaturity and arrogance.

Welcome to the new age!

Thanks, and yes I see-kinda miss the old look as well, feels a bit sterile :-/ Least the fellas are still around. :)

I am trying to keep my head above water....

If ya wasn't solid gold ya might float!

Looks like all the old school is coming back to town, welcome back JR

Ol' BronKing, so far 2/3 of the Amigos, thanks!

I have a feeling a new Noob's guide is in order.... no one better than the original author.

I do believe Agent Orange has that credit of original, thanks for recognition though-I might consider a revised version once I get these changes down-lot to take in.

Am I old enough? Am I farty enough?

Still lurk the forum, almost daily

Manbeast! Duuuude, one of my pm buddies, def old and farty enough!

I have a feeling you'd be welcome anywhere Ferr, hope all's well.

Good to see you JhonnyR & thanks for bumping my thread earlier this morning. And here is the missing Ultimate Weapon from the Launcher Case auction event. This is provided by the Unicorn man F@sh himself...

The funny thing about this Ultimate Weapon is. This guy has the highest stats in MW world & with only have AK-47 as his weapon. What a joke from Gree designer...

Crazy Gambit! The whole pic won't even show on my screen, looks insane!

I don't think i qualify for OF either....I was lurking in Feb '12 on the forums but then didn't join until May. Guess that makes me a young spring chicken still :D

Regardless welcome back JohnnyR i hope you Reinstall!

One of the originals, creator of the progress threads. Was it your thread Big flan beat you to the punch once upon a time? Lol, miss that fellow, wonder what he's up to...

Me too i guess, casualties of lurking.

Jhenry, I 'member you-always wondered what the "J" stood for.

Mr Strider of Doom! Welcome back Johnny, replied to your in game message so hit me back buddy.

My oh my someone says fart and all the crusties come out to play!

Feels like old times Hivesy!
Thanks for the invite, I'll be enjoying the stay. :-) Hope I can get back on my feet and compete with you guys, I see some MASSIVE stats here!

I have been stalking the forums a long time before making an account long time no hear from you Johnny!
Hello cow! Yep, I plan on staying a while, GREE's got that hook set good once again!

JohnnyR
06-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Welcome back JohnnyR - good to see you return, however you might find that things have changed a lot since you have been away.

Major changes!

This is a great thread seeing a lot of guys that I know from the forum.

It is vball, didn't know what your name stood for till now-pretty cool. :)

Jp, Mav, Tate, Spectra, EnjoyLife, Miner & others are still around too. Must be sleeping or something boring like that. ;) Ascent is AWOL. :(

Welcome back. What are your first impressions of the game upon your return?

Wow, blast from the past-EL is still with us? That's awesome. Spectra, the hooded Tate, Miner, wow.

First impression, very impressed with the evolution of "factions," what an exciting addition. Seeing guys with 6 digit A/D stats and 20 million blew me away, trying to smash rivals for what I thiught was a good chunk hanging out of the vault was disappointing, lol, and a new money building bringing a mil per day?! Nuts. The thing is, the game seems to have changed in good ways, I like the contests and bosses here too.

I swore I'd never post here again, but a good ol' fashioned shout-out is like the infamous Triple-Dog-Dare... you're morally obligated to respond... So...

Welcome Back JohnnyR!!! I, for one, have missed you!!

Thanks man, for the longest time I didn't think I'd be back either.

Hey Johnny. Long time. Yeah I'm not in the forum these days but I still have my spies who are and told me you were posting. Had to drop in and say hello

Yes much has changed and in other ways nothing has at all.

As Tanner said above Tate, Spectra, Miner, JP, Agent Orange, and many more are still around and kicking. In fact all those I mentioned are with Our REG or CAI factions. If you are back and looking to play let us know your stats. We might have a spot in one or the other. Reach out to Tanner, Tate or myself. You probably still have my email or theirs drop us a line or PM us if you are looking for a faction home.

I sent you an ally request.

TTYL.

Hello there Mav! Wow, tis good to see you posting again as well! Yes the times do change. I see floods of new fans, GREE is doing something right here. Currently I'm trying to get into the swing of things, and really have some catching up to do. We'll see how it goes.

Stricker, Copenhagen, Arizona, DigitalWalker, and all you other old school forumers escaping memory, hope you're faring well, maybe come back too eh?

Kara T
06-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Welcome back...I enjoyed reading your posts on how to play the game when I first found the forums..my son told me about the game during Christmas break 2011....since then I have enjoyed the ride.

So what prompted you to check back in?

Evil Mastermind
06-22-2013, 11:13 AM
I dont know you but seems like you were a popular fellow around here once upon a time. The secret to this game has and always will be spending money for gold.

Players have always tried to implement strategy into this game thinking they could win while playing for free. While many can achieve a great deal for free, they will never compete on a level playong field with the true gold spenders.

Jhoemel
06-22-2013, 05:32 PM
I dont know you but seems like you were a popular fellow around here once upon a time. The secret to this game has and always will be spending money for gold.

Players have always tried to implement strategy into this game thinking they could win while playing for free. While many can achieve a great deal for free, they will never compete on a level playong field with the true gold spenders.

Yeah thats true man but a free player can beat light or moderate gold spenders sometimes

Corsair
06-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Cope and Arizona are still around. Stricker never came back from safari, at least not here. DW disappeared too. Miss both those guys, especially Stricker.

I am a cow
06-23-2013, 12:51 AM
You forgot war priest he was the best

Jhoemel
06-23-2013, 06:38 AM
Who is DW? Did i miss him in my time here?

Hivesy
06-23-2013, 04:33 PM
War priest is still around, but has a lifetime ban from this forum :)

Yeah jhoemel, you must remember Digital walker? One of the original posters back in very very early 2012, always knew a bit more than everyone else and really tried to share the knowledge. Just the sort of chap we miss on here now.

I miss hello kitty also, she checks in from time to time and I get the odd message but when she was in full flow along with war priest and the 3 amigos that's when this place was buzzing.

Maybe now Mr R is back we can get this thing going again. Far too many moaners and not enough party goers on here now, we don't know how good we've got it. If you don't like certain elements of the game just don't participate! There is so much to choose from now you can do anything you think is fun and still compete.

Back in the day you started getting excited about a new crate event on the Sunday and it wouldn't start until the Tuesday! You'd go days with nothing going on, it's like what your nan used to tell you as a kid when she was telling you what it was like during WWII 'we used to have to make their own entertainment back in the olden days'. Good old fashioned raiding and attacking was the fun, backed up by a good amount of humour on this forum.

You youngsters today, you don't know you're born. Rant over, sorry to hijack Johnny, carry on.

Jhoemel
06-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Of digital walker hivesy, he alreadybretired when i got to the forums so ur an older timer than me. Lol

JohnnyR
06-23-2013, 06:50 PM

Yeah jhoemel, you must remember Digital walker? One of the original posters back in very very early 2012, always knew a bit more than everyone else and really tried to share the knowledge. Just the sort of chap we miss on here now.

I miss hello kitty also, she checks in from time to time and I get the odd message but when she was in full flow along with war priest and the 3 amigos that's when this place was buzzing.

Maybe now Mr R is back we can get this thing going again. Far too many moaners and not enough party goers on here now, we don't know how good we've got it. If you don't like certain elements of the game just don't participate! There is so much to choose from now you can do anything you think is fun and still compete.

Back in the day you started getting excited about a new crate event on the Sunday and it wouldn't start until the Tuesday! You'd go days with nothing going on, it's like what your nan used to tell you as a kid when she was telling you what it was like during WWII 'we used to have to make their own entertainment back in the olden days'. Good old fashioned raiding and attacking was the fun, backed up by a good amount of humour on this forum.

You youngsters today, you don't know you're born. Rant over, sorry to hijack Johnny, carry on.

This is exactly what the thread was for Hivesy.

The bickering gets worn, I do remember a fond time, even among the glitches and lacking leaderboards, everyone came here for fun. Like a bar in a way. Friday Forum Fightnight! Unfortunately with the factions, I'm not sure if the shared knowledge thing can still happen. I'm not blaming new game mechanics, it's just the competitive nature makes the sharing environment splinter b/w factions. I'm just glad I got to be around giants such as DW, Mav, AO,JMC and Khimsoo who made the game better. Is the old Modern War Toolkit still going? I wonder, I'm about to download iOS 5 finally, let's hope my old iPad doesn't fall apart on me, lol.

JohnnyR
06-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Who is DW? Did i miss him in my time here?

Him and Emcee (author of the tortoise guide) were the fathers of camping. DW used a novel strategy, as did Emcee who built up massive wealth that'd probably still be sizeable today if his acct. is still around.

Jhoemel
06-23-2013, 07:10 PM
Oh i see, nice, they arent posting when i started so its a shame i missed them

Thunder Child
06-23-2013, 07:45 PM

Spot on, Hivesy!

Saint Anger
06-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Dare I say I miss BigFlan? He's an old fart in my book.

Superdude
06-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Hey guys I don't qualify as an old fart really but I've been lurking here forever I remember back when War Preist and Mcdoc were raving at the strongest attack unit to ever be released...it was a green st Patricks day plane with 310 attack and it cost like 900 gold. Wow so much has changed haha

Superdude
06-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Remember when the fighting Irish unit had its stats messed up? It was like 50 gold for a 100 stat unit (which back then was great) and we all bought as many as we could before Funzio fixed it

Omega1980b
06-24-2013, 02:02 PM
This game continues to change. Changing for good or for bad. It is time the old watch upon the new generation of MW players, with the honor of being the first generation of MW players.

Hivesy
06-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Great to see you back playing Omega! I remember I used to lap up all your limited edition unit pictures. You and war priest had the best inventories of anyone on here.

Ha ha super dude that was brilliant, the fighting Irish unit, yeah it had an attack of 90 I think but only cost like 50 gold. Back then that was a mean @ss unit. Thing was I was a free player then and I remember that was the first gold I bought just so I could buy one of those :)

Good memories, well done Johnny for kicking this off.

WinD-n-RaiN
06-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Read through all of the replies for an adventure through time :)

Thief
06-24-2013, 03:18 PM
The oldest!

One of the originals, creator of the progress threads. Was it your thread Big flan beat you to the punch once upon a time? Lol, miss that fellow, wonder what he's up to...

Hello cow! Yep, I plan on staying a while, GREE's got that hook set good once again!

Hahaha yea that was the loot tracker :D, Flan had a Unit named after him but he wasn't around to see it. He came back for a short period but then left again. I guess there were too many trolls and he didn't want to compete :D He was much more entertaining than the ones we have now though. Im probably one of the few that try to keep in the forums with at least the loot tracker...but for the most part its not worth trying to keep up with.

Hahaha Gree sucked another one back in! I'm really glad to hear it.

Thief
06-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Remember when the fighting Irish unit had its stats messed up? It was like 50 gold for a 100 stat unit (which back then was great) and we all bought as many as we could before Funzio fixed it

Everyone Remember the Chocolate Submarine? I still kick myself for not buying one. Funniest unit in MW to date.

Hivesy
06-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Everyone Remember the Chocolate Submarine? I still kick myself for not buying one. Funniest unit in MW to date.

Ha ha yeah that chocolate sub was funny, I was a free player back then but omega or war priest will have it if you are still allies? There was also a love agent in that same LE set, I think it must have been for valentines that year, a guy in a tuxedo carrying some flowers and a box of chocolates if I remember rightly! I'll try and grab a picture.

Thief
06-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Ha ha yeah that chocolate sub was funny, I was a free player back then but omega or war priest will have it if you are still allies? There was also a love agent in that same LE set, I think it must have been for valentines that year, a guy in a tuxedo carrying some flowers and a box of chocolates if I remember rightly! I'll try and grab a picture.

I think McDoc has it too...but it's one of those units that just shows as Indestructible....a true LE unit. The funny part is the stats are so low that it wouldn't even make it into most peoples army. 35/24 hahaha. I was a free player back then too (in fact i made it a year...silly factions :D)

Mcdoc
06-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Ha ha yeah that chocolate sub was funny, I was a free player back then but omega or war priest will have it if you are still allies? There was also a love agent in that same LE set, I think it must have been for valentines that year, a guy in a tuxedo carrying some flowers and a box of chocolates if I remember rightly! I'll try and grab a picture.That Valenties LE set had the Chocolate Sub, the Agent of Love - and also a plane that dropped love terriers caled the Letter Bomber. I wish they took advantage of LE sets for the holidays. Kinda helps data a player by checking for certain items - except that they recycled some units like the Robot Walker unit for scratcher prizes. :/

Hivesy
06-25-2013, 04:17 AM
That Valenties LE set had the Chocolate Sub, the Agent of Love - and also a plane that dropped love terriers caled the Letter Bomber. I wish they took advantage of LE sets for the holidays. Kinda helps data a player by checking for certain items - except that they recycled some units like the Robot Walker unit for scratcher prizes. :/

McDoc you are still the legend that actually has gameplay named after you, people still refer to the McDoc method now some of the young ones may not even know why it's called that :)

Devin has a unit that immortalizes him, so do PUN, both very well deserved, the only disappointment was when CC Mark thought it would be funny to name a unit after Flan.

They have Christmas, Halloween and other themed units in CC so they really should try a bit harder in MW also. We had the Irish units for St Patricks day that year but they've given up with it since then.

Sepi
06-25-2013, 05:48 AM
Maybe this is the case that MW is a war game, and has a bit more "serious" tone than CC and others? Thatīs why we donīt see those clown cars or sleighs with miniguns too often. ;)

Still loving my Cupidīs Nuclear Arrow, though. :D

Dockman
06-25-2013, 06:35 AM
I'm an old fart too judging by when I joined the forum, but I just never talked a whole lot. I was more of a lurker than a talker but I so enjoyed reading all the posts.

Welcome back JohnnyR

Thunder Child
06-25-2013, 06:39 AM
I'm an old fart too judging by when I joined the forum, but I just never talked a whole lot. I was more of a lurker than a talker but I so enjoyed reading all the posts.

Welcome back JohnnyR

Going to follow you about and call you 'old fart' from now on, Dockman!

Dockman
06-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Hahaha, thanks alot TC, but considering I'll be 60 this October, it's kinda true. :)

Thunder Child
06-25-2013, 07:55 AM
Hahaha, thanks alot TC, but considering I'll be 60 this October, it's kinda true. :)

Nah, you're a young old fart!