PDA

View Full Version : Kindle is working again

thundarr
06-19-2013, 04:15 PM
MW for Kindle is working again after 24 hours and guess what. It's STILL version 3.2.2. So we had no game for 24 hours and its the same game as before with NO CHANGES.:confused:

Carl47a
06-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Wish i could say the same for my Android....the hours tick by and still getting "unfortunately Modern War has stopped" (Report/OK)

All because of a lousy update which has stopped a lot of people getting to play today.

Sort it out Gree you muppets. :mad:

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 04:55 PM
I'll stick with my side loaded app that has all the limited events on it. Kinda glad the kindle version went to crap and pushed me this direction

Dkaell
06-19-2013, 06:31 PM
MW for Kindle is working again after 24 hours and guess what. It's STILL version 3.2.2. So we had no game for 24 hours and its the same game as before with NO CHANGES.:confused:

Yes and you noticed the moderator also pointed out how we are going to be compensated for the loss of a full day of the only event we can compete in.

Dkaell
06-19-2013, 06:42 PM
I'll stick with my side loaded app that has all the limited events on it. Kinda glad the kindle version went to crap and pushed me this direction

Has anyone on kindle gotten the boss to trigger since it started working again? I've been raiding, attacking and doing missions for the last 10 minutes without a boss trigger.

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm telling you. Side load it. I'm on boss 20.

Dkaell
06-19-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm telling you. Side load it. I'm on boss 20.

I was on boss 21 yesterday when it locked us out. It took nearly 15 minutes to trigger the first one tonight but now i'm on 25 so i'll stick with it.

thundarr
06-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Has anyone on kindle gotten the boss to trigger since it started working again? I've been raiding, attacking and doing missions for the last 10 minutes without a boss trigger.

Yes no problem

DebbsEssex
06-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Its stopped again.......... It worked for 4 hours and now I get Amazon Appstore unknown error please download this app again from the appstore which I cant do. So here we go again.

Adm.J
06-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Way to go Thundarr! Some people just can't leave things alone. Amazon was right all along in not allowing another crappy Gree update out into the wild, but you just had to push things. I'm glad it's stopped working for you. But I feel bad for all of the other players you screwed.

thundarr
06-20-2013, 04:37 AM
Way to go Thundarr! Some people just can't leave things alone. Amazon was right all along in not allowing another crappy Gree update out into the wild, but you just had to push things. I'm glad it's stopped working for you. But I feel bad for all of the other players you screwed.

I would do it again in a heartbeat because I think Amazon should be aware of what is going on. It didn't matter to me that it stopped working and hopefully the app will be updated soon. As for the other players I "screwed" they have been "screwed" a lot worse missing out on LTQ and Box events for months.

Roscoe782
06-20-2013, 05:31 AM
Thundarr. You drive me crazy. You keep blaming amazon. Christ man, who had to fix the last screw up? Gree. Who didn't provide an unbuggy update? Gree. Who still has egypt prizes loaded in the wdp splash screen? gree. I am done with the kindle app. Why. Because another option has presented itself. While u continue to fight the good fight, I will continue to play the android app I have loaded on the kindle and will keep u updated on my LTE/LTQ progress. You have an out. Use it. They aren't going to change anything. They can't even make sure people have there own characters. What makes u think the kindle problem will take precedence over that? It won't. Why would amazon apply a gree update when the latest event shows the app they did allow is flawed?

If amazon allows a gree update and gree provides an update that is acceptable to amazon, I will eat my words. Until that time I will keep pushing the sideloaded android app that works acceptably.

Please. No more threads about emailing amazon or talking to a CEO. Please refrain until there is an update in the amazon store. Then u can take full credit.

thundarr
06-20-2013, 05:51 AM
Thundarr. You drive me crazy. You keep blaming amazon. Christ man, who had to fix the last screw up? Gree. Who didn't provide an unbuggy update? Gree. Who still has egypt prizes loaded in the wdp splash screen? gree. I am done with the kindle app. Why. Because another option has presented itself. While u continue to fight the good fight, I will continue to play the android app I have loaded on the kindle and will keep u updated on my LTE/LTQ progress. You have an out. Use it. They aren't going to change anything. They can't even make sure people have there own characters. What makes u think the kindle problem will take precedence over that? It won't. Why would amazon apply a gree update when the latest event shows the app they did allow is flawed?

If amazon allows a gree update and gree provides an update that is acceptable to amazon, I will eat my words. Until that time I will keep pushing the sideloaded android app that works acceptably.

Please. No more threads about emailing amazon or talking to a CEO. Please refrain until there is an update in the amazon store. Then u can take full credit.

By the way this is my 100th post and now I am a senior member.

Done!! I will post no more about the Kindle until it is updated and working reasonably well (if I said perfectly I could never post about it again)

Adm.J
06-20-2013, 09:05 AM
(if I said perfectly I could never post about it again)I'd buy that for a dollar!

Mongo
06-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Just was checking back on this, just wanna say I have Roscoe's back here. I sideloaded v 3.7 on my kindle, on Boss 32 now and with broader functionality. Amazon has its place and I mean them no disrespect, but betting I will be sharpeningthe blades for the Hades Blackhawks before Amazon fixes this.

JEPPENATOR
06-20-2013, 04:33 PM
How do you install the sideloaded version? Also, do you have 2 different apps then or does your current base move over to the side version or just go away. Took out the bosses on the 3 events I've been around and got pretty strong so don't want to throw away what I've built and spent.

Adm.J
06-20-2013, 06:58 PM
How do you install the sideloaded version? Also, do you have 2 different apps then or does your current base move over to the side version or just go away. Took out the bosses on the 3 events I've been around and got pretty strong so don't want to throw away what I've built and spent.It's somewhere in here http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?58159-Amazon-Kindle-for-a-stress-free-MW-experience. There is also the alternate solution I had to use as the 1mobile site would not let me download anything.

Roscoe782
06-20-2013, 07:17 PM
How do you install the sideloaded version? Also, do you have 2 different apps then or does your current base move over to the side version or just go away. Took out the bosses on the 3 events I've been around and got pretty strong so don't want to throw away what I've built and spent.

Here u go man. From my previous post....side loading....

You use a third party instead of the amazon app store for an app. Make sure in kindle settings that you allow for third party apps.

I used 1mobile.com for the source of the *.apk file.
Download the modern war app, basically the google play version, to your computer.
Attach your kindle to your computer.
Transfer the file over into your kindle
Download a file viewing app, like ES File Explorer, on your Kindle Fire
Open ES File Explorer.
Find where you placed the modern war *.apk file and open it.
You will now install the modern war that android phone users are using with all the bells and whistles, and bugs.... but it works

I am now continuing on with the boss with only a night lost.

PS. I uninstalled the modern war app from the kindle that was not working before doing any of this. My gamer file remained intact in the inner workings of the kindle and loaded perfectly into the sideloaded application

PPS. To enable third party applications to work on a kindle fire, go into Settings, Device, and press ON for "Allow Installation of Applications From unknown sources".

PPPS. I know, this isn't the true fix. I think of it as a temporary fix while still asking for a proper one from GREE/Amazon. Just using this to get by.

JEPPENATOR
06-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the info

B!ll
07-01-2013, 08:39 PM
I got the android version to load without using a computer. Loaded the file viewing ap first then loaded mw from 1 mobile. Worked perfectly. Maybe mw just needed a place on the kindle to "go " . Didnt try just loading from 1 mobile first without the file viewing ap. But I had tried from google play site with no luck in the past. Only down side is the menus are really small and I'm having trouble reading.

Dkaell
07-01-2013, 09:15 PM
I got the android version to load without using a computer. Loaded the file viewing ap first then loaded mw from 1 mobile. Worked perfectly. Maybe mw just needed a place on the kindle to "go " . Didnt try just loading from 1 mobile first without the file viewing ap. But I had tried from google play site with no luck in the past. Only down side is the menus are really small and I'm having trouble reading.

you do realize that you can still do the LTQ events on a kindle you just don't see the progress in your log. You just need to go on the forum and use the walkthrough guide and follow it. Try it and you will see that if you check for the units after completing a level following the guide it will be in your inventory. The concrete and the valor will be there as well. So on a kindle you don't see it in your mission list but doing the missions still award the prizes.

Cheers