PDA

View Full Version : My IP was banned

Chimera
06-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Went to lunch and as usual went to view the forum on my iOS but this is what I saw:

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/Chimera-gene/Banned.png

When I got home it was ok.

What happened?

Generik79
06-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Naughty, naughty.

SPWD
06-19-2013, 02:49 PM
I've had the same at least 5 times in the last month, I contacted them and asked why and then it worked?

lemonhaze
06-19-2013, 03:08 PM
No worries...3G? just reset...wireless? change locations or unplug overnight..banned? Just open new
account...very silly...very stupid...these are the people we are dealing with. make s new email and accept the terms and u can have a new act..uness ur emotionlaly attacked to u
attached*

CharlieAlphaMike
06-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Happened to me last month, seems like it logs your IP when you're connected to wi-fi. The minute you try and use it over 3G/4G/LTE it comes up with a different access port and wont let you in. It will work the minute you connect to the wi-fi you normally use

Chimera
06-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Happened to me last month, seems like it logs your IP when you're connected to wi-fi. The minute you try and use it over 3G/4G/LTE it comes up with a different access port and wont let you in. It will work the minute you connect to the wi-fi you normally use

This seems to be the case. I went to see Superman (very good) and planned to read the forum till the movie started. Got the banned screen. Now at home with wifi I still cannot get to forum with my iOS. Computer ok, phone no. At least I can still get to my game (for now).

Edit: I can access thru wifi (forgot to enable my wifi after movie).

Corsair
06-19-2013, 08:52 PM
They've said before that they block a lot of public IPs and IP ranges, especially from mobile ISPs, due to abuse. It's not specific to your account.

sadiee
06-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Clear your cookie history and it will let you in the forum

Chimera
06-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Clear your cookie history and it will let you in the forum

Cleared but still banned. Wifi seems to be the only way for now.