PDA

View Full Version : Kindle update...thundarr u got your wish...however...

Roscoe782
06-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Any kindle users not able to log into your character? I have been able to all day till just now. It says a new version is available in the App Store and won't let me enter the game. Guess what? No app update or new version to download. Anyone else have this same issue?

Schembechler
06-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Yes I'm having the same issue happens during a boss event which is the one event we can actually do? When can we expect a resolution on this? Also what compensation or extension on boss event will we get?

Roscoe782
06-18-2013, 05:27 PM
K. Hoped it wasn't just me. Can any admin check into this?

thundarr
06-18-2013, 05:31 PM
I got this letter back from Jeff Bezos:

Dear *****,

I'm Jonathan Norberg of Amazon.com's Executive Customer Relations. Jeff Bezos received your email and asked me to respond on his behalf.

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. I've reached out to our app team, and they've acknowledged the problem you describe. We definitely don't want to see discrepancies between the apps we offer and what can be found from other app stores, and this is something we're working hard to improve. I've also been assured the app you're concerned about is one that will be upgraded in the future, and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

As for the issue of us ignoring your requests, I was unable to locate any contacts from you about "Modern War." Is it possible you were submitting feedback on that app but not a contact to our customer service team? If so, I can assure you feedback isn't ignored, but it typically won't receive a response. I'm sorry if this caused a frustrating scenario for you.

*****, thanks for being a loyal customer! We appreciate that you took the time to send your feedback. We always like hearing from our customers, and we'll continue to look for ways to improve.

Please consider responding to the very brief survey I've included below--we'd love to hear your thoughts.

Regards,

Jonathan Norberg
Executive Customer Relations
Amazon.com

thundarr
06-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Yes I can't access my character which is good in a way since now we are getting somewhere. If they enable LTQ I will be able to boost my character 10X in 1 event.

Schembechler
06-18-2013, 05:44 PM
I would still like to hear from gree on this seeing as boss event is the one event we can do and this has prevented us from doing so. We are already at a disadvantage this is not acceptable

DebbsEssex
06-18-2013, 05:50 PM
I am having the same problem with my Kindle. Glad its not just me. Hopefully they can sort the problem out so we can open the game.

Roscoe782
06-18-2013, 05:52 PM
I would still like to hear from gree on this seeing as boss event is the one event we can do and this has prevented us from doing so. We are already at a disadvantage this is not acceptable

I agree with this fully. I had no problem with just being able to do boss....ever. What I do have a problem with is not being able to access the game. And when does it happen? Ah yes. Right during a boss event.

stuartb
06-18-2013, 05:57 PM
It is a relief to find others with the same problem. I sent emails to Amazon twice in the last two months, complaining about how f'ed up this POC is on the kindle, but no reply. In addition to the kindle account, I also play on another android account (thru google, though, not thru amazon) and on an iOS account. The kindle account is the only one that is screwed up so badly as to be unplayable, although the other android account is definitely running in second place for the piece-o-crap app award.

Roscoe782
06-18-2013, 05:59 PM
I know I'm in the minority here, but never had a problem with the app till an hour ago. Camping, boss, and wdp events are just fine for me on my alt. now, however, can't access it at all! And during a boss none the less! Still waiting GREE

thundarr
06-18-2013, 06:01 PM
It is a relief to find others with the same problem. I sent emails to Amazon twice in the last two months, complaining about how f'ed up this POC is on the kindle, but no reply. In addition to the kindle account, I also play on another android account (thru google, though, not thru amazon) and on an iOS account. The kindle account is the only one that is screwed up so badly as to be unplayable, although the other android account is definitely running in second place for the piece-o-crap app award.

At least us long suffering Kindle users are finally getting somewhere. How about an all Kindle Faction?

thundarr
06-18-2013, 06:03 PM
I know I'm in the minority here, but never had a problem with the app till an hour ago. Camping, boss, and wdp events are just fine for me on my alt. now, however, can't access it at all! And during a boss none the less! Still waiting GREE

Roscoe you are in a top 250 faction with a Kindle, now it will be top 100 in no time :D

Schembechler
06-18-2013, 06:24 PM

What a surprise kindle players don't even warrant a response from admin

thundarr
06-18-2013, 06:35 PM
What a surprise kindle players don't even warrant a response from admin
we are probably 1/100000 of total mw players

Dkaell
06-18-2013, 06:54 PM
we are probably 1/100000 of total mw players

CJ where are you. Us kindle players have suffered long enough. Now we are locked out during a boss event, the only events we had access to. At least tell us it's not a gree problem but an amazon problem so we can feel fully shunned.

Roscoe782
06-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Amazon now notified as well since I can't go in game and submit a ticket to gree. Any wagers on who gets back to me first?

Dkaell
06-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Amazon now notified as well since I can't go in game and submit a ticket to gree. Any wagers on who gets back to me first?

Is that a response from gree to your ticket or a response from CJ from this thread? I'm betting we get no response from either.

thundarr
06-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Is that a response from gree to your ticket or a response from CJ from this thread? I'm betting we get no response from either.

Such pessimism you would think we have been ignored for months

Roscoe782
06-18-2013, 07:50 PM
No just saying I put in a ticket to amazon since I can't in game to gree. They said a reply would come within 12 hours. I dare gree to reply to me or this forum post faster

Roscoe782
06-18-2013, 08:04 PM
How do u post a pic? I wanted to show what the kindle loading screen is doing...

a3o
06-18-2013, 08:21 PM
One of my top 3 scorers is out with this issue. He has not gotten any feedback yet. We already lost our leader do to the account swapping issues. I am thinking of switching careers to software design because screw ups really don't matter in this world.

Sinner
06-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Bump bump bump

B!ll
06-18-2013, 08:45 PM
I found a recent reply to a ticket from Gree in my e mail and I used that to send in the info regarding being locked out of the game. If you have an old ticket like that maybe you could use it as your porthole.

Schembechler
06-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Gree if you want to know why people get so upset and call you out and complain complain complain its because of things like this its been over three hours and no response people spend their hard earned money on this and you can't even give the token lame response of we are looking into this. Really pathetic

Sinner
06-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Agree with you -Schembechler-

Dkaell
06-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Gree if you want to know why people get so upset and call you out and complain complain complain its because of things like this its been over three hours and no response people spend their hard earned money on this and you can't even give the token lame response of we are looking into this. Really pathetic

We have been waiting a month for an event we can play and now we are going to get screwed out of this event. CJ or Serius where are you? At least respond and tell us you are looking into this. If the problem is Amazon then revert back what you did that is locking us out. It can't be that hard. The game worked and then 30 seconds later we're locked out. Really? Respond to us.

Schembechler
06-18-2013, 09:02 PM
We have been waiting a month for an event we can play and now we are going to get screwed out of this event. CJ or Serius where are you? At least respond and tell us you are looking into this. If the problem is Amazon then revert back what you did that is locking us out. It can't be that hard. The game worked and then 30 seconds later we're locked out. Really? Respond to us.

They are to busy counting the real money you spent to buy fake gold to care about us. If you don't believe see the proof. no response on this issue. No compensation on this issue. You know they won't extend the event. Basically you will need to hope to submit a ticket and get the units you would have earned while playing. Now if they can explain to us how this is an amazon issue we can take it up with them. But no response from gree is subpar customer service

Sinner
06-18-2013, 09:06 PM
I think the hackers have figured out how to stop moderators from responding !!!!!

Schembechler
06-18-2013, 09:18 PM
It's cool not like I've been spending money on gold... Thanks gree... O wait ill send an in game ticket... Crickets..... Puke....

NikMil
06-18-2013, 09:29 PM
I have figured out a universal way to fix all Gree issues that keep arising.
1) send a ticket to Gree Support
2) delete all Gree games on your device
3) do NOT reinstall
4) download Angry Birds or Candy Crush
5) save the money that you would have spent on gold for your retirement
6) upon aforementioned retirement you should have finally got a response from Gree.

NikMil
06-18-2013, 09:33 PM
I have figured out a universal way to fix all Gree issues that keep arising.
1) send a ticket to Gree Support
2) delete all Gree games on your device
3) do NOT reinstall
4) download Angry Birds or Candy Crush
5) save the money that you would have spent on gold for your retirement
6) upon aforementioned retirement you should have finally got a response from your ticket.

Sinner
06-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Does that work ? Is it like the energy hack or more like the boss hack ?

Dkaell
06-18-2013, 09:59 PM
They are to busy counting the real money you spent to buy fake gold to care about us. If you don't believe see the proof. no response on this issue. No compensation on this issue. You know they won't extend the event. Basically you will need to hope to submit a ticket and get the units you would have earned while playing. Now if they can explain to us how this is an amazon issue we can take it up with them. But no response from gree is subpar customer service

So I have been chatting with Amazon customer support. They are unaware of the issue with the game (I should say were unaware). So Gree if you are reading this now would be the time to respond although I'll probably be banned shortly.

IF YOU ARE A KINDLE PLAYER AND HAVE SPENT GOLD ON THIS GAME - AMAZON WILL REFUND ALL THE MONEY YOU SPENT DUE TO THIS ISSUE. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CONTACT THEM AND MAKE THE REQUEST. DONE!

If Gree doesn't care about us then they won't miss the money Amazon will withhold from them to pay out our refunds. Here is a copy of the chat confirming this:

You are now connected to Srinath from Amazon.com
Me:The Modern War App in game is requiring an update and claiming there is an update available. I have checked the APP store and no update is available (current version 3.2.2). The game is locking out players on the Kindle platform and no response has been given from the App developer on the developers forum.
Srinath:Hello, my name is Srinath. I'll be glad to help you today.
Me:Hi Srinath
Srinath:Hello, XXX. I'm sorry to hear about this.
Please allow me a moment while I look into this for you.
Me:thank you
Srinath:Thank you for waiting, xxx.
I've checked the product detail page for the app and see that it is the same version 3.2.2 which is the latest on our website.
The developer of the app must have released a new update which is not available with us.
You can possibly try deleting a re downloading the app on your Kindle. But you might lose the game progress.
What I will do is, I will escalate the issue to our technical team. They will contact the developer and release the new update available on our website.
Me:I have done that and it hasn't fixed the problem. The developer has done something that is requiring the update. In previous communications with the developer they have claimed that Amazon is holding up the update and there is nothing they can do about it. Now they have done something that is preventing kindle users from accessing the game without the update. I find this unacceptable from both ends.
Srinath:I'm very sorry to hear about this.
I will report this to the technical team. Could you please help me with the latest software which is available?
Me:Unfortunately I don't know what the version number is of the latest update. It was supposedly released to Amazon a couple of months ago but the developer told me that Amazon was very thorough in evaluating updates before they released them to their customers. I have spent several hundred dollars on this game and if I cannot play it because of developer/amazon issues how do i go about getting a refund for the money I put into the game?
Srinath:I do understand the inconvenience caused.
I am confident that our technical team will soon come with with a resolution.
I'd suggest you to wait until I get a repose from our technical team. If they are unable to release the new update I will issue a refund on all the in app items. I will also make a note of this on your account.
If you'd like I'll right away issue a refund.
Me:Thank you, please issue the refund.
Srinath:I will make an annotation on your account and issue the refund.

It's that simple. Get your money back.

Sinner
06-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Nice ! Great post !!!!!! Hope it gets read many times before it is removed

Roscoe782
06-18-2013, 11:01 PM
At least I know they are working on it. It may not get fixed anytime soon, but at least I know amazon is aware of the issues. I don't know if gree is aware of anything....

Just to make it crystal clear. This is amazons customer service response within hours of notification.

Your Account Amazon.com
Message From Customer Service
Hello,

First, please allow me to extend a sincere apology for any frustration this matter has caused. I understand that you're having a problem with the app "Modern War".

Please understand that due to some technical error there's is a problem in regard to updating this app and using it.

Our technical team has been already reported of this issue, and they're working on taking care of it.

I can certainly realize that this is not what you expected, but I hope you understand that this was never intentional from our end.

I’ll personally follow it up for you and write back with more information once I receive a response from the technical department in this regard.

Situations such as this are rare, and our goal is to help resolve any problems you encounter as quickly as possible. I'm sorry I was unable to solve this problem more quickly and will write back as soon as a resolution is available regarding this issue.

Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve this and I appreciate your understanding with this.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Did I solve your problem?
Yes No
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

Thank you.
Amazon.com
Original Message

---------------
06/18/13 19:05:23
Your Name: *************
Comments:The kindle fire version of modern war will not open. During startup it says there is a new version in the app store and won't let the app load. However, there is no update and no new app in the app store. So. I am at an impasse and unable to play the game during a time sensitive event. I would appreciate this being quickly addressed.
---------------

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 04:47 AM
A faction mate came up with this idea. It is so simple. Never thought of it and should have. Screw both gree and amazon. Go to one mobile market and download the google play version of modern war. The *.apk of it and put it on your kindle's hardrive. Sideload it. Works like a charm. I know I have to deal with all the android proper bugs, but at least I can get in now. Thanks Jess!

I can confirm up and running ow with the side loaded app. I can also confirm the bugs that the general android community has experienced that I had not until now. Just watched a boss fight for 5 minutes to do 1 hit.

However, at least it works again. Still would like a proper app update from GREE/Amazon.

thundarr
06-19-2013, 04:58 AM
I would rather have the app out of commission for a day or 2 that play the crippled version we were stuck with before. What good was the game with no LTQ or boxes. You couldn't upgrade your player and everyone else was passing us by. We were stuck in 1st gear and they are in overdrive. I have been playing this for 8 months and I have all boost buildings, loads of health, great IPH and my players is a joke. On one of my factions there is a guy playing one month who is level 82, 35k att and def, 100k iph with no gold spent. Its possible to improve your character on the Kindle but its really tough and you are not operating in a vacuum, other players are loading up on LTQ events and we are stuck with nothing. I am glad I wrote Jeff Bezos that letter and finally something is being done about this and if the game doesn't work for a few days so be it.

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 05:20 AM
You annoying me so much. The game was fine without LTQ. However, since sideloading the application, I now have access to LTQ. It's probably a faster fix than waiting for Amazon and greet to get together to make things right. So, I suggest u do the same and u will have access to all you desire.

Schembechler
06-19-2013, 05:36 AM
Funny Amazon has responded gree has not shows who cares about their customers. We are not asking for much here. We would like a time frame on when our game will be back. We would like to know our compensation for not being able to do a boss event perhaps a infantry unit called fire kindler with about 2k attack and defense for kindle players since you took away our one event to boost stats???? At the very least you can let us know we exist with a response here.

thundarr
06-19-2013, 05:38 AM
Funny Amazon has responded gree has not shows who cares about their customers. We are not asking for much here. We would like a time frame on when our game will be back. We would like to know our compensation for not being able to do a boss event perhaps a infantry unit called fire kindler with about 2k attack and defense for kindle players since you took away our one event to boost stats???? At the very least you can let us know we exist with a response here.

I suspect there are so few of us relative to IOS and Android that we aren't even a blip on the radar but I like that idea of an infantry unit.

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 05:48 AM
I just beat level 10 boss on my Kindle Fire after the delay. I am telling you. Sideload the app. It works.

tmc1976
06-19-2013, 06:56 AM
How do you sideload the app??Please be specific......GREE NEEDS TO FIX THIS!!!!!

Dkaell
06-19-2013, 07:03 AM

A 2k unit is worthless compared to finishing boss event which I would have done. This is going to cost about 18k in raw stats. Gree should award all kindle users all the units from the event including a random assortment for the non bonus level boss kills.

thundarr
06-19-2013, 07:09 AM
A 2k unit is worthless compared to finishing boss event which I would have done. This is going to cost about 18k in raw stats. Gree should award all kindle users all the units from the event including a random assortment for the non bonus level boss kills.

You are preaching to the choir here. We are all long suffering Kindle MW players and anything they do to compensate us will be appreciated.

Schembechler
06-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Not trying to be rude but still no response from admin and no way to send in game ticket we are at over 12 hours now...

thundarr
06-19-2013, 07:35 AM
To put things in perspective there are 9 or 10 people posting on this thread and the app had been out of commission for over 12 hours. If this was IOS or Android there would be 100's or more. Hopefully when they get this fixed and the app is the same as IOS or Android there will be more Kindle players to complain next time something happens.

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 07:36 AM
You use a third party instead of the amazon app store for an app. Make sure in kindle settings that you allow for third party apps.

I used 1mobile.com for the source of the *.apk file.
Download the modern war app, basically the google play version, to your computer.
Attach your kindle to your computer.
Transfer the file over into your kindle
Download a file viewing app, like ES File Explorer, on your Kindle Fire
Open ES File Explorer.
Find where you placed the modern war *.apk file and open it.
You will now install the modern war that android phone users are using with all the bells and whistles, and bugs.... but it works

I am now continuing on with the boss with only a night lost.

PS. I uninstalled the modern war app from the kindle that was not working before doing any of this. My gamer file remained intact in the inner workings of the kindle and loaded perfectly into the sideloaded application

PPS. To enable third party applications to work on a kindle fire, go into Settings, Device, and press ON for "Allow Installation of Applications From unknown sources".

PPPS. I know, this isn't the true fix. I think of it as a temporary fix while still asking for a proper one from GREE/Amazon. Just using this to get by.

sgt spanks
06-19-2013, 09:24 AM
ANY updates from admins on this issue?! My LLP is on a kindle fire... WTF

Schembechler
06-19-2013, 09:27 AM
ANY updates from admins on this issue?! My LLP is on a kindle fire... WTF

Biggest update is gree still doesn't care evidence by their lack of response on the issue and its been over 15 hours

Schembechler
06-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Bump for a response crickets......

GEMH
06-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Hey Guys,

The issue which prevented access to the game for Kindle Fire users has been addressed and corrected. You should now be able to log in as usual to your Modern War game on your Kindle Fire. We apologize for the delay in response. Thank you for your patience!