PDA

View Full Version : Android Users: How often does MW force quit or have to be restarted each day?

ohgreatitsryan
06-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Like the title says, how many times do you have to force quit, or does the game randomly crash, every day. I'd like to see if I'm alone in this.

Web323
06-18-2013, 03:25 PM
I am on iOS and have the same problem: roughly every 5 attacks

pbr22
06-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Given the variance in how many times people log on, I think a % would have been more appropriate but this game seems more unreliable by the hour.

Philly982
06-18-2013, 03:35 PM
So far today alone, I have had to delete/reinstall the game 9 different occasions, just to get the data download to go through. After many, many hours i finally went through. I immediately checked my inventory and noticed that I had lost over 200 indestructible units. I then immediately deleted and reinstalled and they all appeared again to be followed by the data download again which then showed me as having 0 units total. Deleted and reinstalled again and that is where I currently stand. It has crashed after every single boss hit. I seem to be beating him with one hit as my objectives keep increasing, but I cannot check my inventory for the units as it now crashes every time.

In summation, I have had 87 force closes and 11 delete/reinstalls today, and that is after I started counting!

Zulfiqaar
06-18-2013, 04:04 PM
It used to be around 50-80 daily crashes, which went down to 0-3 force closes per day after last update, then now its been 15 crashes in the last few hours since boss event started. theres a new update for android out today, should i do it or not?

Philly982
06-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Zulfiqaar.......I wish I could undo it if that helps.

Gnorax
06-18-2013, 04:09 PM
I raid ppl and when i check stats it crashes

Philly982
06-18-2013, 04:15 PM
I cannot even stay on long enough without a force close to send in a ticket. And now every time I click on Fight On in the boss screen it automatically force closes. Seems as if it is getting worse by the minute!

jvp7012
06-18-2013, 05:25 PM
It ridiculous on the forces closer. I touch the app and get forced closed. Yes really.

gencell
06-18-2013, 08:06 PM
the worst part is every day it closes during the scratch off ticket so I never get that

thundarr
06-18-2013, 08:37 PM
It depends on the device. I started on a Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace with Android 2.3 and it was unplayable. Crashed 3X/ minute and had to be restarted constantly. The only reason I put up with it was I knew I was getting a better phone soon and wanted improve the character while I waited. My new phone arrived and it is a HTC One SV with Android 4.0.1 and it crashes maybe 2X/day.

RoseByAnyOtherName
06-18-2013, 10:32 PM
I wish my game only crashed 2x a day. On a good day I only force close a dozen times.

Fatherllama
06-19-2013, 12:32 AM
I voted 10-20 because most days, I'm on CC more and not paying a lot of attention to MW. On a day I'm pretty active though, like during WD, it's easily 50+. Not even to mention that when disappearing buildings start getting really bad, I have to go into settings and force stop the application, since it runs in the background even after you close it. On an average day I have to do that at least five times.

Does anyone else have the lovely untargetable building bug too? I've noticed that if I'm at my base in MW and I tab to any other app (including the in-game "earn free gold" deal), if any of my buildings come due to pay out, I can't select them or pick up the money. Have to exit, reopen, and collect. The solution I've been using is that, for some reason, when I'm on a map and I switch apps, I can come back and just head to my base, and everything's working like it's supposed to.

Anonymously Yours
06-19-2013, 12:33 AM
Can't say for sure, but it's often.

ffp
06-19-2013, 02:28 AM
Before I was forced to upgrade, it rarely crashed. Now, it crashes just looking at it.

narsly
06-19-2013, 03:20 AM
Only maybe a few times a week for me. If that much. I guess I'm one of the lucky few?

Denerio9
06-19-2013, 03:23 AM
I noticed when i dont attack or raid anyone my game is fine ' but when i attack or raid someone 5 consecutive hits my game crashes ' thats why i have screenshots of my profile ' before i attack or raid

Air Force Vet
06-19-2013, 05:38 AM
It happens when I raid people. So now, after I raid one particular bldg, I make sure to collect the money before it crashes. I think the GREE Servers are going haywire since now more people are attacking rather than camping.

Ph4ntom Stranger
06-19-2013, 05:45 AM
Android is pretty unstable to say the least with:
- the force closing
- buildings come due to collect and they turn to dead buttons forcing you to do yet another close and open
- can't travel to rival bases without taking 5 minutes or force closing
- taking a screenshot now also causes game crashes
- the latest update i believe now shows a rivals raw stats or at least lower than they were before the update

** one of the devs posted they were changing the wild variation in stat swings with attacks due to player feedback... When is that being changed? I am still currently seeing a 30% reduction in my stats on the result screen and have seen a rivals def jump 57% higher than their stated def on profile (hence why I state a rivals profile stats are currently incorrectly displayed)

SPWD
06-19-2013, 09:09 AM
All the above and it does it roughly 30 times a day,but while I was reading this on ipad(it's never crashed ) my phone crashed FFS!

maddog081
06-19-2013, 12:33 PM
I have a question. Does anyone at GREE speak android? Just wondering with all the problems we encounter.

Dilligaf13
06-19-2013, 01:22 PM
This will be my final post, not that I post much anyway. Because of all the constant troubles that I've had with this game I have decided to quit. I'm tired of being ignored and most of you I think feel the same way. I've been having the force close issue for over three months and nothing has been done, it only gets worse. I've tried changing phones and it does it on every phone I've tried. It's not the phone, it's the game.

One of the issues besides force closing is my money buildings disappear and will not reappear until after they had been raided. I lost over millions every day no matter what I did to try to get them to show up. It didn't matter if it was one of the low lvl money buildings or high lvl, same thing every day. I was told to send in screen shots and was told that everything looked normal, I had to plan my time better so I could be on when they came ready to collect. They totally ignored the fact that I was trying to tell them that they weren't there until AFTER they had been raided then they would show back up.

I got screwed out of so many things, units I earned or money due to force closing. The game would force close before I could click on the unit or money to collect it and when I returned it was gone and nowhere to be found. The force close had gotten so bad that just by opening the game after it force close 3-4 times I didn't have to do a thing, just let it sit there for about 30 secs and it would force close. I couldn't collect, couldn't go to rival or allie base, couldn't go to faction page, couldn't do anything. The crate mission was a total waste, every time I tried to open it it would force close and when I returned the timer had restarted, I only opened 3 crates. You have to understand I spend about 12 to 16 hours a day playing or tried to anyway so it's not like I didn't play much. I spent more time restarting game then playing it.

I just hope that gree will listen to the rest of you with the problems that's going on. Like I said, I don't have to worry about it anymore because I had enough and quit. I know of several others in my faction that are doing the same thing for more reasons then I'm posting here. I know there will be several on here that will be saying stop whining or whatever, if I don't like it leave, well I did. I just wanted to voice what I'm going through and hope that others aren't.

Good luck with all of your accounts and I truely hope Gree finally figures out how to fix their issues with the game before there is no game because everyone else got fed up with it also. Take care and happy hunting.

Dilligaf13
06-19-2013, 01:29 PM
It depends on the device. I started on a Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace with Android 2.3 and it was unplayable. Crashed 3X/ minute and had to be restarted constantly. The only reason I put up with it was I knew I was getting a better phone soon and wanted improve the character while I waited. My new phone arrived and it is a HTC One SV with Android 4.0.1 and it crashes maybe 2X/day.

I tried different phones, I have a droid x2, the last one I tried was the new Samsung S4 and it didn't make any difference, I still crashed no matter what I was trying to do. It wasn't the phone, it is my account that is causing all my problems.

Philly982
06-19-2013, 01:47 PM
I tried different phones, I have a droid x2, the last one I tried was the new Samsung S4 and it didn't make any difference, I still crashed no matter what I was trying to do. It wasn't the phone, it is my account that is causing all my problems.

Sorry to hear you go Dilligaf13. I may not be far behind you.

We had a faction member just quit as well due to the force close issues. Gree just lost another big gold spender.

SPWD
06-19-2013, 03:03 PM
What makes me laugh is the frickin updates make it worse, the idiots haven't got a clue, I fear I'm not too far behind you bud because it's absolutely ridiculous!

Madprofessor
07-14-2013, 05:48 PM
This current version of Modern War is the worst yet!!! It is completely unstable, slow and heats up both my tablet and phone to dangerous levels. Even when first turned on and trying to do a Boss battle, they crash almost immediately.

I have crashed at least 13 times, just today!

Both devices were stable and did not overheat with the version from a week ago. Total failure of the programmers to write decent code.

I just lost my items from a Dunny boss fight when it dumped on my last and winning strike!! You guys at Gree need some new programmers.

Oceanz
07-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Didn't vote because I don't know what to vote for

My tablet works very well. The only times I usually have to stop the process and re-open the app are if buildings disappear or sometimes if the text messes up after defeating an epic boss.

My phone on the other hand...man, where to begin. Sometimes it will close 5 times before I can even collect my money buildings and deposit the cash. And I don't even bother to try and raid people from my phone because I'm lucky to make it to their base before the screen turns red and boots me out to my home screen.