PDA

View Full Version : Battle points and what affects how many you get

GeoffW
06-18-2013, 06:33 AM
After hearing various theories on what affects how many battle points you get I did a little data collecting, and here are the results.
Its clear that battle points go up with the defence of your opponent.
Also there is a correlation with rank. The data for Colonel and Major follow a pretty consistent pattern. But the pattern for Captain is much more scattered. There is one group that closely follows the major data, but another group much lower.

Any thoughts?

For reference my stats were:
level 97
attack 157k
rank Major (apprentice)

TW Turtle55555
06-18-2013, 06:36 AM
I wonder what effect the "rookie, apprentice, 1st" has within each Rank?

Philly982
06-18-2013, 06:44 AM
Thanks for your efforts in the data collecting GeoffW! I have noticed pretty much the same correlations. I also noticed a slight uptick in battle points defeating players with a much higher level, but not as much as the stronger defensive players and higher ranked players as you mentioned.

GeoffW
06-18-2013, 06:54 AM
I did wonder whether the ranks sub-levels might have an effect. Perhaps that is why there are different groups for Captain. However there is a lot of data for Major so I find it difficult to believe there wouldn't have been a spread of sub-levels, yet it is on a very consistent trend line.

I do have the level data for the players as well, but they are all in the 97 to 100 range and I can't see any correlation with the battle points.

Hooligany
06-18-2013, 07:11 AM
Ur attk plays a part too.
So long as ur attk n his defence gets closer, the points get higher
E.g even if u r level 80 with 200k attk, u get less points than attk a player of 150k def as what is plotted by ur graph

GeoffW
06-18-2013, 07:27 AM
Ur attk plays a part too.
Yes Hooligany I am aware of that. What I have tried to do is eliminate that from the confusion, and reduce the plot to just those factors that you have control over when you attack someone off the rivals list. All the data was collected whilst I was at one level and with very little change in my attack stats.

SGT Rud
06-18-2013, 07:28 AM
I noticed thatn during a raid on a persons base, they would start off paying 450-480 battle points, then after about 10 buildings in, they would only be paying 350-400. Then at the 15 building mark, battle points would be low 300s. It seemed more to me that the higher the defense is over my attack, the points were in the upper 400s, but when the defense was near my attack, the points would be in the mid 300s, and if it dipped under my attack, low 300s and high 200s. I was only attacking colonel ranks.

The same people I raided, came back to raid me. Their attack and defense at lease 10k higher, would leave messages on my wall saying I was paying high 400s even to 500.

GeoffW
06-18-2013, 07:33 AM
I noticed thatn during a raid on a persons base, they would start off paying 450-480 battle points, then after about 10 buildings in, they would only be paying 350-400.
SGT Rud, you don't say what buildings you were attacking. If you were attacking buildings that added defence then their defence would be reduced the more buildings you destroyed, which would reduce the points you get. So for max battle points don't start by attacking the composites factory!

SGT Rud
06-18-2013, 08:21 AM
SGT Rud, you don't say what buildings you were attacking. If you were attacking buildings that added defence then their defence would be reduced the more buildings you destroyed, which would reduce the points you get. So for max battle points don't start by attacking the composites factory!

I assumed that, so I begin with - started raiding cash buildings, then moved to unit buildings. Still the same way. If I can raid one of their buildings at all, then I dont need to lower their defenses. If I cant raid a base, because they are too strong, then I wont be able to raid their defense buildings. Its either you can or you cant. Even for simple rivals list attacks, seems the more times I hit them, the lower the amount of points. However, you can only attack someone so many times, so the drop would only be by about 20-30 from start to finish.

warrends
06-19-2013, 10:55 AM
After doing 10s of thousands of PvP attacks and raids, I am seeing exactly what you guys are seeing. And we all saw it big time during the recent *irritating* faction v faction event. The three things that appear to affect the number of battle points (BP) you get from a raid/attack are:

1) Opponent's rank relative to yours --- the higher they are the better
2) Opponent's level relative to yours --- the higher the better
3) Opponent's defense stat --- the higher the better.

The first two I noticed long ago. I only recently noticed the last, and I'm glad that I found this thread to verify that I am seeing what I think I am seeing. And I do believe as those above do, that #3, opponent's defense stat, affects the number of BPs the most. However, you will still get relatively few BPs if you attack someone at a lower level and a lower rank than you, even if their defense stat is high.

Best opponent is someone who is 3-4 levels higher than you, your rank or higher, and has a defense stat close to your attack. Best of the best is when their defense is 10K-20K higher than your attack and you still win over and over (that's when you thank the RNG gods); this actually happens for me quite a lot.

As far as attacking someone only so many times, I have 40 energy (or stamina ... whatever the orange stuff is) and I can raid them all day long. Attacking stops automatically after a dozen or so attacks every time. But raiding does not appear to have a limit, at least from my experience. And while I'm doing those 40 raids, it takes several minutes to do so and so I get 1 or 2 extra hits in from regen during that time.

To the OP: Thanks for the hard work. We need more people like you around here.

warrends
06-19-2013, 11:53 AM
After doing 10s of thousands of PvP attacks and raids, I am seeing exactly what you guys are seeing. And we all saw it big time during the recent *irritating* faction v faction event. The three things that appear to affect the number of battle points (BP) you get from a raid/attack are:

1) Opponent's rank relative to yours --- the higher they are the better
2) Opponent's level relative to yours --- the higher the better
3) Opponent's defense stat --- the higher the better.

The first two I noticed long ago. I only recently noticed the last, and I'm glad that I found this thread to verify that I am seeing what I think I am seeing. And I do believe as those above do, that #3, opponent's defense stat, affects the number of BPs the most. However, you will still get relatively few BPs if you attack someone at a lower level and a lower rank than you, even if their defense stat is high.

Best opponent is someone who is 3-4 levels higher than you, your rank or higher, and has a defense stat close to your attack. Best of the best is when their defense is 10K-20K higher than your attack and you still win over and over (that's when you thank the RNG gods); this actually happens for me quite a lot.

As far as attacking someone only so many times, I have 40 energy (or stamina ... whatever the orange stuff is) and I can raid them all day long. Attacking stops automatically after a dozen or so attacks every time. But raiding does not appear to have a limit, at least from my experience. And while I'm doing those 40 raids, it takes several minutes to do so and so I get 1 or 2 extra hits in from regen during that time.

To the OP: Thanks for the hard work. We need more people like you around here.

ExtremeP7
06-19-2013, 06:05 PM
This trend holds true for WD points as well and has far reaching implications in game strategy. An excerpt I wrote for our faction blog:

Unlike most games, MW seems to "punish" you for leveling up too quickly. For example, if you have 500 allies, but are only level 10 in the game, you open yourself up to attack by much stronger players with a similar number of allies. Likewise, as you progress through the game different events such as "defeat the boss" become more difficult as you level up. Meaning, if you level up without gaining significant attack/defense stats, you will have a more difficult time completing these events, as opposed to when you were a lower level player. Lastly, like the boss events, your ability to score high points against opposing factions in the World Domination events, is related to your level in the game. For example, if you are level 25 and are able to defeat an opposing faction member at level 40, you will score many more points than if you were level 40 attacking someone who is level 25. This effect is even more pronounce if your enemy have more allies than you. So again, there is a pressure to remain low level with high stats in order to maximize how well you can do in the game.