PDA

View Full Version : Faction match up?

SPARKS
06-18-2013, 01:30 AM
Just wondering, would it be better to have a smaller faction with more active players or a large faction with mostly active players and a few not so active players. Just wanted to know if you are matched up with rival factions based on size, total attack/defense, or rank at the time. If anyone has any information on this it would be appreciated. I know that the goal is to get an all active strong faction but that would be in a perfect world.

Thanks

SPARKS
101st Airborne 219-214-140 3 open spots

KFH
06-18-2013, 01:43 AM
As far as I can tell its completely random. My group was a top 250 team we got matched up with factions in every single kind of faction. Most of them where a trade off between 250 and top 50 factions.
At the beginning I thought faction size would play a difference, in my experience it had no sway over what factions you will fight..
I also asked this last war if anyone knew how the rations where matched up? Still waiting for that answer

Rowdydowdy
06-18-2013, 07:01 AM
HELLO, ADMINS and MODS......
How about an explanation of how the match-ups take place?
If we were to send a ticket in asking we would receive an auto reply directing us here for an answer.
Waiting patiently.... Sorta

Chikin
06-18-2013, 07:46 AM
and of course the best thing would be to try and fill up your faction with all active players if possible.

That is one major issue. To find active player. I am the most active with my group. But we have 26 spots yet only filled 21 spots. (Abandoned people SUCK) and also players who join and are MIA the whole time.

We have been matched up to teams with 40 plus players a few times.
And we'll we lost but oh such is life.

I believe it's based on time. The time u hit the declare war. And the available teams whom also do the same.
So we will not declare war for the first hour of a pvp JUST so the eager factions that have way more players get it on.

We had 21 wins and. 6 loses. But still placed in top 1500.
Recruiting for 26 is one thing. And well it's a crap shoot on match ups.

SGT Rud
06-18-2013, 08:08 AM
What has been accepted as an answer on several other threads over the same topic, is that:

Match-ups occur -

1st - they add your attack and add your defense, then match you up to a faction of similiar stats.
2nd - If there is no similiar faction in the 1st step, it will match you up by WD points.
3rd - (this is the debate) unknown, but should match up by first come first serve.

There are specific times set for when the server begins to search for item 2 or 3, but who knows what they are. Such as for the first two minutes, the server will only search for item one, after two minutes it will include item two for another two minutes, then add item three. Here it will be looking for all three items until on is found. If it is now including item two and an item one faction shows up, it will choose that one and quit its search.

The answer to the original question - In reality, level and stats have no relevance to your factions standing during WD. You could have 10 players in your faction all level 30, with 15k a/d, and still make 1st place. If your opponent gives you 400+ WD points, and you have a bunch of gold to spend, a single player faction could make it all the way, depending on how much gold he is willing to spend. Now that said, the more players in your faction, the less a single person has to spend, and the cost becomes distributed. 60 people in a faction will incur less cost to make 1st place than a one man faction.

For factions with no gold use - It is better to have active members, who can communicate easily and coordinate together. If a player hits a guy for 350 points, but knows another teammate will get better points, and tells them, but they dont pay atention and waste 4 hits on a guy for 250 points, your on your way to the top 4000 line. Finding active players is the hard part. Since Brazil, our faction has had at least 40 players come and go from inactivity. They join, donate a few million for a couple days, then do nothing for a week, then through the WD event nothing, then get the boot on day one after WD ends. Some players play for a week, then they dissappear for a week, then pop back up, or skip every other WD event. Some players do nothing at all unless you give them the "do it NOW" approach, or else your gone.

It seems to me that the top 250 is the ending mark for free factions. That no free faction has crossed the 100 line. Correct me if I am wrong. I have heard a few guys state they made 250 for free. The possibility is low, but still feasible.

SPARKS
06-19-2013, 02:40 AM
Thanks for the info

ffp
06-19-2013, 03:02 AM
Totally agree with the SGT. It honestly doesn't matter how strong the individual players are, as long as the whole faction fights as a single unit, you can get a decent score. Even a 30 man faction of level 5 campers with zero health boost can still score about 3000 WD points against the Super Pirates if they can work together.

Skoalrulz
09-28-2013, 06:40 AM
Anybody figure anything else about how factions are matched up?

Thunder Child
09-28-2013, 08:59 AM
What SGT said above seems to make sense....

However, the all important first match up may be linked to your previous WD ranking; if you finished Top 500 in France, I think it's a fair bet you can expect to be matched with other factions in Mexico who finished around the same level, so long as they also match the criteria SGT laid out.

As for new teams (that have been formed since France), they have perhaps the best run at the prizes in Mexico - you are likely to meet similarly balanced teams well outside the Top 1000 in that first battle.

mreilly
09-28-2013, 09:02 AM
SGT RUD: In regards to your timing of match ups I'd have to call that into question a bit. When the first war started in France my faction waited 45 minutes before it finally picked a match and when it finally did it was a 1 man faction. We were watching teams rake up the points and essentially get a free war in because we were held up for so long.

Our first few match pairings were quite odd... 2 1 man factions... 1 small faction of ten with crazy stats

Thunder Child
09-28-2013, 09:05 AM
SGT RUD: In regards to your timing of match ups I'd have to call that into question a bit. When the first war started in France my faction waited 45 minutes before it finally picked a match and when it finally did it was a 1 man faction. We were watching teams rake up the points and essentially get a free war in because we were held up for so long.

Our first few match pairings were quite odd... 2 1 man factions... 1 small faction of ten with crazy stats

Is your faction unbalanced in some way, making it hard to find the right match and leaving you to start with other unusual or non-standard factions?

mreilly
09-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Is your faction unbalanced in some way, making it hard to find the right match and leaving you to start with other unusual or non-standard factions?

No not at all. We are all similar in levels.. a group of 32 guys for this war.. 26 for india. We have finished better each war but in france only finished 1235. The delay in our first match up was insane.. then once we started seeing our match ups we were paired against odd factions way too many times.

We laughed about it as **** happens... but it sure did make for a really boring few hours to the WD.

Dutchie
09-28-2013, 09:14 AM
A simple rule is that the longer the matching system is trying to find an opponent, the more extreme the opponent is, in the sense that they are either very weak or very strong compared to your own faction or you have 30 players to their 1, hence seeing very odd match ups. I believe the matching system starts to loosen its criteria after 10 mins of not being able to find a match up. I believe the criteria leans more towards WD ranking than faction strength. These are my observations and I could be way off the mark but I suspect that I am not far wrong. I doubt GREE will reveal this information to the players, as factions would try to take advantage if they knew how the matching algorithm worked.

Thunder Child
09-28-2013, 09:31 AM
A simple rule is that the longer the matching system is trying to find an opponent, the more extreme the opponent is, in the sense that they are either very weak or very strong compared to your own faction or you have 30 players to their 1, hence seeing very odd match ups. I believe the matching system starts to loosen its criteria after 10 mins of not being able to find a match up. I believe the criteria leans more towards WD ranking than faction strength. These are my observations and I could be way off the mark but I suspect that I am not far wrong. I doubt GREE will reveal this information to the players, as factions would try to take advantage if they knew how the matching algorithm worked.

Totally agree....

mgriss
09-28-2013, 10:36 AM
I gotta say, I think the algorithm tries to match cumulative strength to similar WD first, then expands both categories simultaneously. The expansion must happen pretty rapidly, too.

Seems like the higher rank the team, the more matchups are tied to WD. Makes sense because they declare the most often, and the algorithm probably has to expand several times to get you matched with teams ranked millions of WD lower, whereas it takes fewer expansions to get matched with at team that is significantly stronger but *relatively* similar WD.

Then once you start fighting in top 250-400 in a team only capable of ranking 250-400... you tend to get more matchups with top 75-250 teams, partially because they declare more often and the algorithm expanded after just a couple minutes, and partially because the difference is WD is smaller between 75-250 than it is 250-1000.

Things start to get really weird for teams only capable of 750-4000... because teams declare less often, their demographics (size/strength) run the gamut, and from the sheer number of teams between those ranks. Particularly last war there were heavy-hitting factions hanging around those ranks trying to get wins and declaring very often.

So yeah... best you can do is keep your team filled with effective players and hope for the best.