PDA

View Full Version : What 101 feels like

Bravo Zulu
06-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Lets see. We came in 101. I wish I could say it was a good fight to the finish. I wish I could say my faction had fun. But I can't. I should have listened. We should have listened. But we didn't seem to have the same problems with the game that everyone else did. Until now.

I want people to think we are just being bad sports, because that has far less implications. But here it is. Believe it or not, and I will warn you the way we were warned.

When I got up at 6:30 am one of our Euro players was congratulating us on a top 100 win. But the event wasn't over for us here in the US I told him. He tries to score, and sure enough his points were accumulating. The other Euros could not be reached, so we mobilized the US players. The event was over for me at noon est. I took a screen shot of our 96th place, closed the ipad, and started working on something else. I happened to spy the groupme chatter on my iphone and I picked it up wondering about the fuss- it's usually crickets after the events. Imagine my shock when I found out the event was NOT over, and even though my timer was out I could still accumulate points. We were 97 by then, about 2k out of 98. Again, we mobilized. Again, the event ended at 2pm est- according to our faction mate in Missouri. This time, we checked the points. I raided but my points did not accumulate. I was sure it was over- until a faction mate in Utah said his points were still accumulating. And so were the points for our Euro players. But in last last hour, in a tight race, with the majority of our faction unable to score points that added into the total, we dropped to 101. The top three people in our faction are all east coast time. And we got to sit and watch.

Those of us who used gold (about 10 or so) didn't spend the money for the terrible prizes. We are competitive and we like to see how far we can go, because it is fun. But now, the fun is replaced with anger. We don't want their units. And they can't give us back what we spent the money to buy- the excitement of playing.

Gree knew there were reports that the event showed as over for some. But we don't expect them to fix that. Thanks for ruining our weekend, and thanks for taking our money. Thanks for teaching us a lesson.

Oh, and thanks for posting the Madagasgar results right after. It was totally great to find out we were 117 right at the moment we were all dumbfounded by the lockout and the 101 finish. We were in such a good place to hear that, so in the mood to celebrate. That was swell.

Every time I think about spending money again, if I even play, I will look at the screenshots I took every time we lost a place. I have them all. Perhaps I will frame them.

Lamentor
06-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Maybe I feel like the only one who questioned when the event didn't end at its normal time and kept attacking? I get that Gree messed up. I'm not trying to defend them. But come on. Events always end at the same exact time, ALWAYS.

Also, I'd like to add that the score board froze for the last 45 minutes or so, but points were still counted. I was able to confirm that by checking my rank before the war ended and then seeing my rank go up after the war ended. I kept physical track after the scoreboards froze to make sure. It added up for me.

Generik79
06-17-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you. Next time you see game complaints, your standard gut reaction should be a. to assume the substantial truth of the complaint; and b. to empathize with the one who suffers it. I'm not sure how this could be your first run in with the atrocity that is inequity in how GREE serves us as players, but, assuming it is, you now understand. Imagine spending THOUSANDS for 11th place in WD, and to find out you lost to the same "time bug" along with some hackers......

Bravo Zulu
06-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Maybe I feel like the only one who questioned when the event didn't end at its normal time and kept attacking? I get that Gree messed up. I'm not trying to defend them. But come on. Events always end at the same exact time, ALWAYS.

Also, I'd like to add that the score board froze for the last 45 minutes or so, but points were still counted. I was able to confirm that by checking my rank before the war ended and then seeing my rank go up after the war ended. I kept physical track after the scoreboards froze to make sure. It added up for me.

No, they don't. They don't always start the same time either. LTQs got started late, ended later on first run also. Not really the point. In the last hour, when you are trying for a particular spot, you have to use money. You aren't sitting around waiting to regen stamina. We may be fools, but bigger fools to spend money when we had no idea if the points would count. We had no idea the event was really supposed to end. There was no info on this event 'glitch' until an hour after it ended.

Bravo Zulu
06-17-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you. Next time you see game complaints, your standard gut reaction should be a. to assume the substantial truth of the complaint; and b. to empathize with the one who suffers it. I'm not sure how this could be your first run in with the atrocity that is inequity in how GREE serves us as players, but, assuming it is, you now understand. Imagine spending THOUSANDS for 11th place in WD, and to find out you lost to the same "time bug" along with some hackers......

We both believed and empathized with your problems- we just hadn't had them. Even when we came in 84 in Columbia. we weren't on the cusp, right? It's when people warned us not to spend any more money that we didn't listen...

KFH
06-17-2013, 05:56 PM
I would be foaming at the mouth if this happened to my faction...But of course i don't have your wonderful self control Zulu :)

Anonymously Yours
06-17-2013, 06:01 PM
We both believed and empathized with your problems- we just hadn't had them. Even when we came in 84 in Columbia. we weren't on the cusp, right? It's when people warned us not to spend any more money that we didn't listen...

I empathize with your loss. People tried to trumpet the message. Words aren't as effective as are results and actions. It isn't until we hurt that most of us learn. I hope you have learned. I wish you peace.

TYR_Rune
06-17-2013, 06:15 PM
McGurt finished 10th when the FvF event ended yesterday and now GREE is claiming we are 11th! What the hell is this???!

IM SO ffffffkng pissed!!! I withheld my attacks (and some of our members) to avoid a harsher LEVEL-UP punishments cuz I thought the event has already ended!

XXL NAT3
06-17-2013, 06:55 PM
We feel your pain, the COR3 came in 102nd place and with all the confusion on time we just just gave up. On a positive note for some of you, if you have met the COR3 in the WD event you will not be seeing much of of us in Poland. We have been a humble 7 x Top 75 faction but will be giving away our spot by going completely Gold FREE in Poland. It's over due for many of us to have more then a few weeks between WD events and our vote have spoken.... No Gold and participation is optional, we land where we land. Good luck/spending to those that still want your trinkets.

Hooligany
06-17-2013, 07:49 PM
McGurt finished 10th when the FvF event ended yesterday and now GREE is claiming we are 11th! What the hell is this???!

IM SO ffffffkng pissed!!! I withheld my attacks (and some of our members) to avoid a harsher LEVEL-UP punishments cuz I thought the event has already ended!

Was there an additional reward for top 10? I can't recall but I knew we went all out for top 25 n were 26... Our players stayed up only to realise the event was not over the next day.
There was confusion and yes we missed out on top 25 eventually.

jon_funzio
06-18-2013, 02:24 AM
There was - the ToF rewards were:

ToF Poland
- Faction 1st - Modern Combat Fighter (Air) 2850/2150
- Faction Top 3 - M88 Chieftan (Ground) 2074/1697
- Faction Top 10 - TF-Alpha Air Support (Air) 1248/1052
- Faction Top 25 - Siege Railgun (Ground) 750/750
- Faction Top 100 - SR22 Tengu Striker (Air) 607/327
- Faction Top 250 - Crusher APC (Ground) 264/216
- Faction Top 1000 - Espionage Operative (Infantry) 160/136

- Individual Top 1 - Modern Combat Supercarrier (Sea) 9000/8400
- Individual Top 5 - Scorpion Destroyer Tank (Ground) 5600/4400
- Individual Top 25 - Grand Command Warship (Sea) 3000/3000
- Individual Top 100 - Black Ops Beret (Infantry) 2146/1756
- Individual Top 250 - Ace Pilot (Infantry) 1563/1271
- Individual Top 1000 - Dominion Tank (Ground) 1065/710
- Individual Top 2500 - Enhanced Tactical Fighter (Air) 712/348
- Individual Top 10000 - Ghost Warrior (Infantry) 265/216

Jhoemel
06-18-2013, 02:43 AM
Im from the asian timezone and Im actually one of the guys who saw the event end first. When i saw we were number 26 with 1 hour left on my time i tried to mobilize the troops and went in game to go all out in scoring points, when i saw the event ends in my timer i congratulate my team in groupme then all of a sudden a team mate said that they are seeing it for 12 more hours.

I was a little pissed because i actually used gold since i thought the event is already ending and we are in striking distance

ac_ric
06-18-2013, 02:46 AM
You would have thought that Gree would have the common sense to announce which time zone they are using for event, not only this but all events. We have players from around the world on different time-zones.

Gree, why do you keep on screwing up events. Really it makes me wonder if they actually care about your gaming enjoyment at all.

Anyway, great work on the last WD event result. Better late then never I guess

Tito89
06-18-2013, 04:44 AM
team delta force had the same issue, we had all finished apparently and were placed exactly 25th, yet we finished 26th overall when the event actually ended, missed out by a few 1000 bp's. i was angry because we get told one thing and gree deliver the other, seriously disappointing.

Jhoemel
06-18-2013, 04:58 AM
team delta force had the same issue, we had all finished apparently and were placed exactly 25th, yet we finished 26th overall when the event actually ended, missed out by a few 1000 bp's. i was angry because we get told one thing and gree deliver the other, seriously disappointing.

We had an intense battle with you guys for number 25, hats off to u guys

Rough Neck
06-18-2013, 05:40 AM
Lets see. We came in 101. I wish I could say it was a good fight to the finish. I wish I could say my faction had fun. But I can't. I should have listened. We should have listened. But we didn't seem to have the same problems with the game that everyone else did. Until now.

I want people to think we are just being bad sports, because that has far less implications. But here it is. Believe it or not, and I will warn you the way we were warned.

When I got up at 6:30 am one of our Euro players was congratulating us on a top 100 win. But the event wasn't over for us here in the US I told him. He tries to score, and sure enough his points were accumulating. The other Euros could not be reached, so we mobilized the US players. The event was over for me at noon est. I took a screen shot of our 96th place, closed the ipad, and started working on something else. I happened to spy the groupme chatter on my iphone and I picked it up wondering about the fuss- it's usually crickets after the events. Imagine my shock when I found out the event was NOT over, and even though my timer was out I could still accumulate points. We were 97 by then, about 2k out of 98. Again, we mobilized. Again, the event ended at 2pm est- according to our faction mate in Missouri. This time, we checked the points. I raided but my points did not accumulate. I was sure it was over- until a faction mate in Utah said his points were still accumulating. And so were the points for our Euro players. But in last last hour, in a tight race, with the majority of our faction unable to score points that added into the total, we dropped to 101. The top three people in our faction are all east coast time. And we got to sit and watch.

Those of us who used gold (about 10 or so) didn't spend the money for the terrible prizes. We are competitive and we like to see how far we can go, because it is fun. But now, the fun is replaced with anger. We don't want their units. And they can't give us back what we spent the money to buy- the excitement of playing.

Gree knew there were reports that the event showed as over for some. But we don't expect them to fix that. Thanks for ruining our weekend, and thanks for taking our money. Thanks for teaching us a lesson.

Oh, and thanks for posting the Madagasgar results right after. It was totally great to find out we were 117 right at the moment we were all dumbfounded by the lockout and the 101 finish. We were in such a good place to hear that, so in the mood to celebrate. That was swell.

Every time I think about spending money again, if I even play, I will look at the screenshots I took every time we lost a place. I have them all. Perhaps I will frame them.

With or without your faction, there'll always be the 101th finisher, no sympathy for sore loser !!!

XXL NAT3
06-18-2013, 07:30 AM
With or without your faction, there'll always be the 101th finisher, no sympathy for sore loser !!!

This thread is not about placement... It's about the developers knowing there was a time zone problem with a new event and they could have created a splash ad for everyone to see when they entered the game that would have cleared the confusion. During the crate events the leader board gives you notice that it is locked during the last potion of the event, there was no notice on the PvP tournament and with the confusion of time zones showing event was already over many teams gave up or thought they had received the placement they wanted and stopped...

Rough Neck
06-18-2013, 08:24 AM
This thread is not about placement... It's about the developers knowing there was a time zone problem with a new event and they could have created a splash ad for everyone to see when they entered the game that would have cleared the confusion. During the crate events the leader board gives you notice that it is locked during the last potion of the event, there was no notice on the PvP tournament and with the confusion of time zones showing event was already over many teams gave up or thought they had received the placement they wanted and stopped...

Too bad isn't it, it not only his faction effected, other as well, it's a glitch effect all, what will the 102 faction or others have say ??? Sorry no sympathy and this thread is pathetic with sore loser full of complains, nothing new and life goes on....

Max Power
06-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Too bad isn't it, it not only his faction effected, other as well, it's a glitch effect all, what will the 102 faction or others have say ??? Sorry no sympathy and this thread is pathetic with sore loser full of complains, nothing new and life goes on....

The issue isn't about the placement number, it's about running an event with moving goal posts. I think it's reasonable to expect that the same set of rules applies to everybody.

It was a good event that was tarnished by Gree's apparent inability to run it.

We finished 251, and the board showed 248 when we thought it was over. None of us give a crap about the prize, we just thought it was a really sloppy way to run an event.

Roscoe782
06-18-2013, 09:01 AM
The issue isn't about the placement number, it's about running an event with moving goal posts. I think it's reasonable to expect that the same set of rules applies to everybody.

It was a good event that was tarnished by Gree's apparent inability to run it.

We finished 251, and the board showed 248 when we thought it was over. None of us give a crap about the prize, we just thought it was a really sloppy way to run an event.

Agree. Nothing wrong with this post. It states a legitimate complaint about how the endgame of this event was mismanaged and unfair to a lot of participants. Its not a complaint about placement, per say. So, give the guy a break. Gree should manage their events better. That being said, what happened shouldn't be that surprising...