PDA

View Full Version : Battle for tenth

Oso bear
06-17-2013, 04:42 PM
The battle for tenth was crazy. The top 9 were all but locked (or so they seemed as we never got close to them, will have to wait for the final numbers). Every time one team moved the others responded. It seemed like the end of a bike race and everyone would spend up and then realizing they couldn't pull away they would slow down. Teams were shadowing each other like crazy. As expected it came down to who had the best final matchups and who could score the most once the system locked. I "think" 4 teams were in it, I know 3 were at the end. Unfortunately for kings gate (my team) we pulled a bad matchup and couldn't score well. We then got lucky and were able to declare again with 21 minutes to go (have heard the cutoff is 20 minutes - but not sure). We scored almost 300k in final 20 minutes, but still lost by 130k or so (don't know exact scores, so hopefully someone can post). I'm guessing the winner got 700k in last hour or so.

Not complaining, just wish we had drawn one of the others right with us. They should have people override the final selections and matchup those at the transition points (3-4, 10-11, 50-51, etc). It was still a blast and that one unit won't kill us (thank you for that one not having a great bonus - lol). Hope the others enjoyed it as well and see ya next time.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Wow man! Sounds like it was intense! Sorry didn't score the win in 10th in the end, but sounds like you had fun nonetheless!

Agrios
06-17-2013, 06:48 PM
Great job. We were watching the places changing hands and gauging our response. Glad we were not on the bubble. Been their before. Great job. You held it most of the war.

Bloody Baron
06-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Oso Bear, and the rest of Kings Gate: well done, and I am always sorry that anybody has to get 4th, 11th, 26th etc. you guys played a heck of a game this war and it was all we could do to keep up. We did not draw well either in fact most of the comments on chat were not suitable for all ears. Actually it was worse than that, we drew Angry Redheads, our final intel on them reads like this:

Angry red heads:
Elf 116/757
Hoch 111/184
Lord cover 109/146
Falcon 106/311

That's right, their highest ranked player and GG was L116! A bad dude in his own right, but hardly a CP Wellspring!

I will STFU now about how hard we had it, we got what we wanted. And Because I do not mean this response to be anything other than a thank you for the compliment, an agreement of how exciting and fun it was, and more importantly a show of sportsmanship as big as your own. Congratulations Oso Bear and Kings Gate, I wish you guys the best

Oso bear
06-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Here is an update from what we know so far:
Order of dragon knights - 6,280,033. (Jerks.....:)......just kidding, well played)
Kings gate - 6,143,299
Black gryphon knights 3 - were 10th heading into last hour by a few thousand
Teutonic Knights - 10th at one point on last day, so not sure how close.

Post your scores and stories so we can all share a good laugh at the bar. Dragon knights are buying.....if they have any money left....