PDA

View Full Version : News feed disappearing/number of hits

PITA4PRES
06-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Has anyone else had anything disappear off their news feed? This morning when I logged in I only had three things on my news feed going back only three hours. I usually have stuff showing up from at least a day or two ago. Has there been some sort of change since yesterday that erases anything on your news feed from the previous day? I need to check back farther than three hours because I had 15 buildings hit in less than a 7 hour period. Of the three things on my news feed, only one of them was a raid. I couldn't sleep and logged in during the night and collected from my buildings. I got no splash screen at that point to alert me of any attacks or raids. I logged in less than 7 hours later and had the three items on my news feed. Two of them were from the same player, he attacked me and came back two hours later and raided me. The third one I got attacked and won. The reason I am concerned is because I am only allowed to hit another player 12 times--raid, attack or combo of the two. I had someone hit me yesterday 23 times all at once. I know what's on my news feed and log in often enough to know if there is just a delay in the info showing up on it. Either players are hacking in and deleting their info from my news feed or hacking the number of hits they are allowed to take. From the way it appears on my news feed I got hit about 45 times from the same player. I sent a ticket in about the player who hit me 23 times, but I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem. I know there is a player in my faction that is a newer player that reported that he was able to hit someone more than the 12 hit limit at once. I know he plays on iOS and am wondering if this could be some sort of glitch with the new update. I know a lot of people claim that their faction is hacker free, but in this case I have a really hard time believing that the guy in my faction is hacking because if he were, we would probably have done a whole lot better in the last two battles than what we did. We usually place in the top 1500 somewhere. Based on his inventory and stats, there is nothing else to indicate that he may be cheating. Anyone else running into these same issues?

whitefire
06-17-2013, 07:08 AM
I'll just give you the official reaction from CJ/Sirius, it'll save them some time to do ...... whatever they do all day (getting al lot of coffee or something?)

"Yeah, we've received the reports and we are looking into what went wrong there. We're checking into it. "

btw, if you check CJ's profile, there's the most truthful thing I have seen in ages (check it yourself):

CJ54 has not made any friends yet

Now why would that be?

Zedsdead
06-17-2013, 09:20 AM
I think it is some sort of system glitch. Same thing happened to me yesterday, too bad because some knuckle head who was way over vault attacked me when he had half my stats. I was farming the heck out of him til my newsfeed went away.

With respect to the more than 12 hits, I spent much of yesterday afternoon sitting on this guys base, systematically raiding his nano centers, train stations, a whole bunch of stuff. I'm pretty sure I raided him 25-30 times.

I think the 12 hit limit is for attacks, not raids.

S&H Max
06-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Your correct there is no limit on raid, Already have raid someone over 60 hits... the 12 hits is only for attack!

Zedsdead
06-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Happened to me again today. Instead of the usual weeks worth of messages, it's been reset to the last 14 hours

PITA4PRES
06-17-2013, 11:56 AM
I think it is some sort of system glitch. Same thing happened to me yesterday, too bad because some knuckle head who was way over vault attacked me when he had half my stats. I was farming the heck out of him til my newsfeed went away.

With respect to the more than 12 hits, I spent much of yesterday afternoon sitting on this guys base, systematically raiding his nano centers, train stations, a whole bunch of stuff. I'm pretty sure I raided him 25-30 times.

I think the 12 hit limit is for attacks, not raids.

Was he on your news feed that you kept going back or did you get 25-30 hits all at once? What is happening to me is that these players are hitting me anywhere from 20-40+ hits at a time. Not leaving and coming back later on to do more damage.

Your correct there is no limit on raid, Already have raid someone over 60 hits... the 12 hits is only for attack!

I am being limited to 12 hits regardless. It doesn't matter whether it is attacking or raiding. If I attack someone 12 times it won't let me raid them. If I raid someone's base, after 12 hits I get the message that the player is too beat up. If they have one good building to raid, it will only allow me to attack the person 9 times after that. I am getting really sick of all the glitches and disparity in this game. I don't know if they made changes based on a player's level that limits how many hits someone can take. There is never any word from support for us to know how things are supposed to work.

SPWD
06-17-2013, 12:07 PM
I've had a similar problem too.

elangomatt
06-17-2013, 12:16 PM
I pretty sure that the news feed is working the same way it has worked for a long time. The problem is the way news items display. If someone raids you 50 times and never loses, you'll likely see only 1 raid on the news feed. It might even be the only thing you see on the news feed. Behind the scenes, the game knows that 50 hits took place but the news feed displays them all as one hit. If the person took some losses while raiding then the messages will alternate between the wins and losses. The news list will only show a limited number of events, it just looks like there are more events when they are from multiple people. Now that the faction event is over with, I imagine you're log will go back to the way is was before now.