PDA

View Full Version : An Easy Way to Catch Hackers

Sardaukar
06-17-2013, 04:05 AM
We all know that hackers tend to have overly inflated stats for their (or any really) level.

So devs, no idea why you don't do this now but why don't you run a query on your DB that:

1. Looks for players above a certain stat/level ratio. For example, a player with 1,000,000 attack at level 10 will have a 100,000:1 stat to level ratio. This is obviously worth investigating.

2. In a separate column, run a subquery that can pull gold purchases. You can figure out some sort of $ spent to stat ratio as an additional check but I think this could significantly increase query time if you are going through all of the records. On the fence about this.

3. Add 2 fields to the main player table:
A) Flagged - This account is flagged for review
B) InspectionDate - If the account has passed review, this is the date it was inspected. The initial query should show players that have not been inspected in a certain period of time to account for players who did not hack at the time of inspection but may have changed their minds.

So here's my solution. I think anybody with some basic SQL skills can do this successfully. What do you guys think?

fils
06-17-2013, 04:45 AM
Agreed. It also seems quite simple for me to make those queries. The most important thing to know is if there is any commitment from Gree to get rid of hackers.

Arnaud
06-17-2013, 06:55 AM
Also, list the units with the highest stats and extract all the players that have big quantities of one kind.

whitefire
06-17-2013, 06:57 AM
With enough data you can query (which nowadays is almost everything), a half-smart analyst and someone to make the query, you should be able to filter more than 95% of all hacks, including -all- the really annoying and game-damaging hacks. The only thing that Greed seems to actively care about is gold hacks as it damages the bottom line (from a very shortsighted point of view that is).

If anyone from Gree is interested how to arrange the above, they can PM me.

Tito89
06-17-2013, 07:00 AM
check on exclusive units too. i fought someone with 3 adder transports, and they were dumb enough to say they where top 1500, which the rest of their units suggested. (hence the sig) they sold all their buildings and left before i could contact support.

whitefire
06-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Of course. You can start by making lists of all the players being in unit-winning factions and cross-referencing that with all players who have such units. A decent computer should be able to do that in a few minutes.

Tito89
06-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Of course. You can start by making lists of all the players being in unit-winning factions and cross-referencing that with all players who have such units. A decent computer should be able to do that in a few minutes.

sounds like you should gree your resume. lol

Rough Neck
06-17-2013, 07:36 AM
We all know that hackers tend to have overly inflated stats for their (or any really) level.

So devs, no idea why you don't do this now but why don't you run a query on your DB that:

1. Looks for players above a certain stat/level ratio. For example, a player with 1,000,000 attack at level 10 will have a 100,000:1 stat to level ratio. This is obviously worth investigating.

2. In a separate column, run a subquery that can pull gold purchases. You can figure out some sort of $ spent to stat ratio as an additional check but I think this could significantly increase query time if you are going through all of the records. On the fence about this.

3. Add 2 fields to the main player table:
A) Flagged - This account is flagged for review
B) InspectionDate - If the account has passed review, this is the date it was inspected. The initial query should show players that have not been inspected in a certain period of time to account for players who did not hack at the time of inspection but may have changed their minds.

So here's my solution. I think anybody with some basic SQL skills can do this successfully. What do you guys think?

This is really funny, nothing new, we never and Gree knew it long time ago and nothing been done so the best you can do is trying to make as you are doing great to tackle this issue !!!! What a blah blah blah AGAIN !!!

Allday
06-17-2013, 08:01 AM
Why dont they just move most of the files server side? Gold is server side. Not sure why this is so hard.

Sardaukar
06-17-2013, 09:53 AM
I'd like to here one of the devs chime in on why this wasn't implemented when 95% of this process can be automated.

This is one of the reasons I switched to being a free player and it really boggles my mind why Gree is ambivalent about the issue and merely seems to pay it lip service.