PDA

View Full Version : Witch hunts, speculations and assumptions. Whats the point?

TempusDA
06-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Sorry folks, but this has to be said. I personally am tired of reading about the speculations on people or guilds especially without proof.

Imagine being on the wrong side of that especially if it is not true.

There is to be no flaming in the forums, clearly in the rules in my eyes this is much worse than that.

If you want to ask about a situation about a player you have seen or a guild you have seen especially if you are unclear and have no proof, then bring up the situation and leave the name out.

If you do have proof submit a ticket.

What is complaining about a possible hacker or guild that possibly had a hacker going to solve? Absolutely nothing. There are a hell of a lot of players in this game and since Gree doesn't limit people from using the same name well I think you get my drift.

So there are hackers what is talking about hackers going to do are they going to go away?

Complaining individually about Gree this and that is not gonna do anything?

IF i could take every person that has complained about a hacker or a hacked guild and through those comments into votes and replies in a unified effort asking Gree to do something now that may do something.

Some will say well nothing will happen well i can tell you a bunch of people complaining and pointing fingers on their own will most definitely do nothing.

I am beginning to think that "some of the people " pointing fingers really don't want a resolution just draw negative attention to other people.

Honestly if you really do not want hackers and do not want guilds built on hackers why not unite in a cause that may do something over spending so much energy on what clearly is going to do nothing.

IF you really care and you really want to ask Gree to do something then do something productive that may just make the difference.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?57774-Gree-and-any-moderators-that-may-be-watching.-Just-a-Suggestion-on-Gold-and-Honor/page2

If we could fill that with the amount of energy and voice that goes into complaining it would most definitely create a bigger stir in a positive direction. Most definitely do not go there accusing people not what the thread is about.

It is about the players uniting together to ask Gree to please do something about a problem that is destroying the game. IF you want to ask Gree to do something go there and reply. If you want to contribute a solution that is fair to everyone and is constructive go their and present your idea. Go there and vote.

A thousand people speculating and complaining does nothing to a cause. You throw those thousand people together united to a cause and in a constructive manor, you may just win the cause.

Which do you prefer?

Gree has been gracious enough to not silence it and to allow it to continue so why not take this opportunity to do something that might prove productive and maybe even resolve the issue in a way that is acceptable to the Players and Gree.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-16-2013, 01:15 PM
It is about the players uniting together to ask Gree to please do something about a problem that is destroying the game. IF you want to ask Gree to do something go there and reply. If you want to contribute a solution that is fair to everyone and is constructive go their and present your idea. Go there and vote.

Gree has been gracious enough to not silence it and to allow it to continue so why not take this opportunity to do something that might prove productive and maybe even resolve the issue in a way that is acceptable to the Players and Gree.

I agree to this. Just thought I'd let you know I back you up on it.

phopjon
06-16-2013, 01:46 PM
As always, thanks for the voice of reason and constructive comments, Tempus.

Dexter Morgan
06-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Well said tempus!! Let's hope it gets to the few users that continually do this in every thread

ZEEZY
06-17-2013, 08:23 AM
How do you get a legit answer back from Gree. The ATX Crew's leader was falsely accused of cheating/hacking & banned from CC prior to the start of the last war. Our crew was left high & dry because of this; since he has all the control over syndicate issues + he's the defense leader. Repeated requests to GREE for answers get us nothing, but the auto reply BS that says nothing. Our leader was falsely accused by another who also accused several other players of the same thing. THIS PLAYER left menacing comments on our walls which apparently was done in an attempt to break up our crew & lure our players to his syndicate. The other issue here is if our leader's account has been banned, then it should be off limits to rivals which it is not,because we have been tracking his stats & inventory. Our crew stands behind our leader 100% & do NOT believe the falsehoods spread by this other player. We are all suffering because Gree refuses to answer our help requests & seems not to care about the unfairness of this entire situation. How can 1 player who seems to suffer from player envy, be able to cause this kind of havoc for so many? Why can't we get a legit answer from Gree? What can we do?Help please!!!

VileDoom
06-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Tbh, witch hunts wouldn't be to the extreme they now are if the community had confidence in GREE's ability to effectively monitor the player base... Lets be honest, most of the complaints and accusations are pretty black and white. It doesn't surprise me at all when a little grey gets splashed in there from time to time.

Klassenr@hotmail.com
06-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Tbh, witch hunts wouldn't be to the extreme they now are if the community had confidence in GREE's ability to effectively monitor the player base... Lets be honest, most of the complaints and accusations are pretty black and white. It doesn't surprise me at all when a little grey gets splashed in there from time to time.

This ^ Well said.

TempusDA
06-17-2013, 06:27 PM

What would witch hunts achive?

Would it resolve the issue of Hackers?

Wouldn't it be better to spend all that energy rallying up people to unify and address the heart of the problem by asking Gree to do somethinng about Hacks, Hackers and Hacked Guilds?

This is what I am gettting at.

So is it ok to bunch up the inocent allong with the guilty and if a few inocent people and guilds name get smeared it is acceptable losses? Call it casualty of War.

But your right it wouldn't be happening if Gree was doing something about it, or maybe annoucing when they did do something about it.

So how do we get Gree to do something about it?

Uniting and rallying everyone you know that honestly wants something done about hacked guilds would be a good start to voice their desire for Gree to take action in one thread.

The following statement is no way directed at you VileDoom or your guild Spectral Agony, it is just something to think about. You have spent the time to post in the thread about hacked gold and honor and would like to thank you for that.

I think that some of the people going on these witch hunts prob do not wan't anything done about hackers, are prob getting their kicks off of watching people complain about hackers yet do nothing about the heart of the matter getting Gree to take action, are probably in a hacked guild themselves or are hackers them selves.

What are your thoughts of us getting behind one thread to aks gree to take action and providing possiblle solutions to the problem?

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?57774-Gree-and-any-moderators-that-may-be-watching.-Just-a-Suggestion-on-Gold-and-Honor/page2

Master Stormzs
06-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Well said Tempus!

Klassenr@hotmail.com
06-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Tempus, no offense intended in the upcoming sentences. Thank you for the time & effort you put forth in making this forum a better place. I do feel the need to point out that many.. Repeat many, people have put tremendous amounts of time and effort forward attempting to shine light into dark corners around here. Please dont mistake acceptance of reality as giving up the fight for truth & justice.

Ratma2001
06-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Tempus, no offense intended in the upcoming sentences. Thank you for the time & effort you put forth in making this forum a better place. I do feel the need to point out that many.. Repeat many, people have put tremendous amounts of time and effort forward attempting to shine light into dark corners around here. Please dont mistake acceptance of reality as giving up the fight for truth & justice.

Exactally correct !, how many times ? taking screenshots sending to suuport and for what ? waste of time effort and no committment from Gree !, i have been sending tickets for eon's and still had zero done, now i dont even waste my time , i am sick and tired of using space on my device to hold photo's incase they need another copy? or incase i have to send it again , but you know what I have NEVER had a decent response in regards to ANY ticket i have put forward to Gree!, just the usual spam mail they send everyone!
I trust this approach may work but am not holding my breathe !
as said before this has now gone beyond reproach by Gree and they have done little to quash these tickets,
It would have been a damn sight easier if they had shown us PROOF that they take it serious but its turned into a JOKE ! sorry for the bashing but its frustrating when so many posts, threads and tickets and we see nothing done
Gree need to honestly advise the forum members their intentions and ethics in the removal if any on this!

TempusDA
06-18-2013, 02:43 AM

Exactally correct !, how many times ? taking screenshots sending to suuport and for what ? waste of time effort and no committment from Gree !, i have been sending tickets for eon's and still had zero done, now i dont even waste my time , i am sick and tired of using space on my device to hold photo's incase they need another copy? or incase i have to send it again , but you know what I have NEVER had a decent response in regards to ANY ticket i have put forward to Gree!, just the usual spam mail they send everyone!
I trust this approach may work but am not holding my breathe !
as said before this has now gone beyond reproach by Gree and they have done little to quash these tickets,
It would have been a damn sight easier if they had shown us PROOF that they take it serious but its turned into a JOKE ! sorry for the bashing but its frustrating when so many posts, threads and tickets and we see nothing done
Gree need to honestly advise the forum members their intentions and ethics in the removal if any on this!

People should discuss situations and such. Just asking when people do not know for sure with real evidence to leave names out. If people want to have a bit more detail on a specific information to capare it can be done via PM as far as names go. Some of the guilds that have had a hacker that have taken action by reporting themselves to Gree some even saying that they would be ok with loosing any advantage that was gained from the hacker and hacked gold that either left or was kicked out. Should we continue to harass guilds like this? Or players that get accused with out much or no evidence at all simply cause there name matches up, there are a lot of people with similar names in the game. These are the type of situations I am talking about.

No offense taken :) I deffinately appreciate anyone that does and has taken measure to shine light on what has been unresolved for such a long time.

The good news is more and more people are starting to vote on and are uniting it has jumed from a low 56 votes to 121 votes in just 4 days I think there was a lul in the replies and votes due to the war I am very glad people are starting to jump in more, I think more people that have not created a funzio account as they come here more to read than reply have taken the time to apply for an account to reply and vote on it. I hope more peopel do as well. I set the initial goal of 300 but I am hoping it will grow to a thousand or more.

The things touched upon:
1) Deal directly with the hacks put the same security on Gold and Honr as they do with Gems.
2) Create a section in the forums to list the people and guilds that have been investigated, due to Support Tickets and Gree's own reason for investigation.
Report the people that were investigated and found guilty, the actions that were taken. So people will know that their tickets are being observed and action is being taken. ( this would save Gree a lot of time having to report back to each and every ticket. People could go to a centralized.
Report the people and guilds that were found innocent, so these people are guilds are no longer harassed by other people and guilds.
3) It provides a method of dealing with guilds that once had hackers but have not had hackers in a while and stopped hacker activity in their guilds. Where Gree would remove all gold amounts that were donated by a person that was removed due to hacker activity. That way any donated gold that was legitimate is kept but any hacker gold is removed from existing upgrades. Very fair, noting earned would be lost only the advantage gained from hacked gold would be lost.

Gree has delt with some hackers it would be nice if they told us so we know that Gree is not sitting on it. It would be nice if Gree informed us if and how they are trying to deal with the hacker issue. It would be much better and would satisfy some people. Basically a bit of transparency and information from Gree about issues dealing with hacks.

Let's hope the unified effort continues some have even start unifying outside of Gree and the forums. Much props to them as well.

As far as reality and acceptance I total understand :)

I fall in the realist optimist category, I like to create my own reality I am a bit stubborn that way, especially if it is soomething I belive in. Realistic enough not to delude myself but optimistic enough to belive that faith, will, determination and perseverance will pay off in the end. In this case I just need help from about a thousand other players to unify and speak up together. Some will say a thousand yeah right but one will never know till one tries.

1 vote and 1 reply is all I ask from everyone that realy wants something done about hacks here:

( This will take signing up for a Funzio account if someone doesn't already have one but hey that takes what 5 min. :P )

Severoth
06-18-2013, 04:03 AM
Well said Tempus. There are many baseless accusations that like to be thrown around in KA from time to time. Both in game and on the forums but it is hard to blame the players who point the finger. I think it is more a symptom of the way GREE deal with legitimate and sometimes blatant forms of hacking which then leads to anger and frustration and ultimately these baseless accusations.

TempusDA
06-18-2013, 04:50 AM
Well said Tempus. There are many baseless accusations that like to be thrown around in KA from time to time. Both in game and on the forums but it is hard to blame the players who point the finger. I think it is more a symptom of the way GREE deal with legitimate and sometimes blatant forms of hacking which then leads to anger and frustration and ultimately these baseless accusations.

Yes I totally understand peoples frustrations for sure which was why I took up the cause, to ry to take some of those frustrations and anger that people are feeling via the handy and omni powerful Umpa-Lumpa Infinity Collector Dish and apply a little magic of Transmutation and Alchemy (both level 10 second tier abilities) to do the impossible task of converting all those separate instances of negative energy felt by so many frustrated players, into The Unifier Funneler putting out one pure stream of "We can do anything together" energy but wait that gets put into the never ending Perpetuator that keeps that Unified Energy from all those peoples frustration and anger into the impossible task of resolving the impossible issue of hackers, that won't stop until it makes the impossible possible and a reality.

Cause that the way the people of the forums Roll.

A little much needed humor good thing don't burn Alchemist and Transmutators at the stake any more hehe.

Shinazueli
06-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Tempus, I was one of the original people who suggested a Hack Court thread. They told me to go F myself, never gonna happen. They don't want to listen to a paying customer, I'll go find a business that will. And I wasn't cheap (or alone). I still play free, but when their forum admin quotes "company policy" at me, and then removes my post, I'm done. Their policy of not releasing their actions on others' accounts is a huge part of the problem, and they aren't backing down. Take it, or leave it. (Their words, not mine).

Hence, the resignation and the occasional post from what was once a more active member of the community. I'm slowly phasing myself out of the forum, but I'm still around if anyone has any questions about how things work.

You'll be where I'm at in a few months. Another bright eyed forumite will take up the torch and try to fight the man. And so it goes.

TempusDA
06-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Tempus, I was one of the original people who suggested a Hack Court thread. They told me to go F myself, never gonna happen. They don't want to listen to a paying customer, I'll go find a business that will. And I wasn't cheap (or alone). I still play free, but when their forum admin quotes "company policy" at me, and then removes my post, I'm done. Their policy of not releasing their actions on others' accounts is a huge part of the problem, and they aren't backing down. Take it, or leave it. (Their words, not mine).

Hence, the resignation and the occasional post from what was once a more active member of the community. I'm slowly phasing myself out of the forum, but I'm still around if anyone has any questions about how things work.

You'll be where I'm at in a few months. Another bright eyed forumite will take up the torch and try to fight the man. And so it goes.

I feel you this is my only and last attempt on this subject and hack. Hopefully they are ready to listen. the fact they didn't delete either post holds me hopeful some may call me a fool or naive for trying believing or hoping, I am stubborn like that, often allows me to do the impossible. I will gladly take the torch where you left off hopefully i won't have to pass it to another. :)

I always love a good challenge, especially the seemingly impossible ones. I am nice and mild mannered but i am a warrior at heart, always willing to fight for what i believe in and champion a good cause.

Ratma2001
06-19-2013, 04:29 PM
I feel you this is my only and last attempt on this subject and hack. Hopefully they are ready to listen. the fact they didn't delete either post holds me hopeful some may call me a fool or naive for trying believing or hoping, I am stubborn like that, often allows me to do the impossible. I will gladly take the torch where you left off hopefully i won't have to pass it to another. :)

I always love a good challenge, especially the seemingly impossible ones. I am nice and mild mannered but i am a warrior at heart, always willing to fight for what i believe in and champion a good cause.

If you need help i have 2 huge armies ...ones called Left and the Other is known by his battle name of Right, we need to muscle this to Gree to get them to open up and SHOW us that they do take thing seriously from time to time...we are not kids although some players are, we are not petty in advancements of trying to better ourselves and our Forum memebrs, i would accept a show of faith on these but i have noticed that Sirius and other Mods are MIA of late in rgards to our posts and threads ??

TempusDA
06-19-2013, 04:44 PM
If you need help i have 2 huge armies ...ones called Left and the Other is known by his battle name of Right, we need to muscle this to Gree to get them to open up and SHOW us that they do take thing seriously from time to time...we are not kids although some players are, we are not petty in advancements of trying to better ourselves and our Forum memebrs, i would accept a show of faith on these but i have noticed that Sirius and other Mods are MIA of late in rgards to our posts and threads ??

Any help from anyone especially you Ratma, would be great for everyone. 2 huge armies taking the flanks. Don't forget the Choppa and the menacing pilot, looks like he could intimidate anyone into submission.

Formatting the proper response I hope :)

Shinazueli
06-19-2013, 07:35 PM

They only pay the mods for like 2 hours a week per forum I'm guessing. Can't be turning a profit of millions per month if they have to pay admins full time at like $12/hour.... That's like 2k a month... It'll break the bank. Just like paying another two or three coders would kill them. Maybe even one with a clue. And the admins can't do anything inside the game, they'll refer you to support. So they just haven't gotten around to closing the thread is all. Maybe next week. I've only ever seen them respond "quickly" to anything on the forum when it either a) is costing them a lot of money or b) is breaking "laws" like releasing non personal information thats easily found on the internet on their employees to the forum. And by quickly I mean within a day or two. Lack of moderator response does not imply anything other than they haven't seen it or they aren't bothered enough about it.

Kjctnorris
08-01-2013, 07:07 AM
I would like to issue a complaint in order to prove who has more blame hackers or Gree.
The guild 640927548 (Pirates together, if they do not even hide in the name ...) has players like Marcellinus has earned over 200k attack in two weeks (from 450-650) or Chalin players with level 87 and more attack 500, etc etc ...
I know this because I spent a few days on your computer and could see it in person. I can provide screenshots so that you have clear evidence. What's more, I can send you GroupMe conversations where the public makes their traps and brags about it.
This is just the tip of the iceberg and all players who play every day we find a hacker easily with a routine visit.
I trust you to respond to this message because otherwise be evident once again that you have no interest in working legally.

PS: If it bothers you that the publication of data and testing concrete players because you're party involved!
It is curious that all posts that talk about these issues just all closed...

Posts such as these are why this thread was started. Using a 200k stat gain in two weeks as evidence with the current game mechanics means nothing. I gained 200k this past weekend, as did my LLP that I brought into the guild to help out during European hours. My LLP is a grossly neglected lvl 60 player that I look at MAYBE once a day, if that, and still has 350k stats. I'd imagine someone who cares about their level 80 player could easily obtain 500k stats.

I'm not saying the mentioned guild doesn't have funny business going on, but the evidence you used to support that claim doesn't prove anything.

Accusations such as this is what Tempus is talking about, and it detracts from those who are making legitimate claims of hacking.

Punzar
08-01-2013, 10:04 AM
A thousand people speculating and complaining does nothing to a cause. You throw those thousand people together united to a cause and in a constructive manor, you may just win the cause.

Looks like 20% of us are wise-arses. I want the constructive manor! Level 5 at least please!

Shadows
08-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Looks like 20% of us are wise-arses. I want the constructive manor! Level 5 at least please!

Atta way to live up to your name! :-) Well played, sir or madam :cool: