PDA

View Full Version : great job gree on the tournament of factions

thunder
06-15-2013, 05:58 AM
you guys did a great job on this event. few bugs the first hour. we waited over 4 months for a pvp faction event not counting wd. I love this event. A lot of people are here to complain but i will give you credit where credit is due. serious great job on this event. now will like to see a pvp ltq again.

Michael1989
06-15-2013, 06:07 AM
New event is good however i think its safe to say whos going to win the tops prizes... Again!
lol Let the little guy have a decent chance of winning somthing, Its always the same names we see at the top.
Before the event i used to live a peacefull life at my camp... Now im getting attacked by people with stats 100k better than mine all the time! loosing tons of units when this happens so cant afford to progress buildings as i need cash to replace units!.

WD results anytime soon? :-)

SPWD
06-15-2013, 06:24 AM
The event is a waste of time,just don't bother next time and just give the same people who spend 1000s on gold a few new toys to keep them happy so they keep spending .

JustSomeDude
06-15-2013, 06:24 AM
You can have a live, up to the minute ranking for your latest cash grab but 5 days later there's no official ranking for Madagascar? WTF? With your latest cash grab update you've proven that you have easy access to the information, why is it not posted? This query is posted here cause the cash-grab overlords won't let a new account open a new thread.

Are you taking so long because you need to decide which of the hacker factions have spent enough gold to get a pass?

nickdpro99
06-15-2013, 06:54 AM
Guys with gold are gonna love this event. There's so much up for grab :) . But for the most of us we ain't got gold you GREEdy bastards.

Whodi
06-15-2013, 08:22 AM
You can have a live, up to the minute ranking for your latest cash grab but 5 days later there's no official ranking for Madagascar? WTF? With your latest cash grab update you've proven that you have easy access to the information, why is it not posted? This query is posted here cause the cash-grab overlords won't let a new account open a new thread.

Are you taking so long because you need to decide which of the hacker factions have spent enough gold to get a pass?

OP is a sycophant

WOW, 1st response is already someone complaining. Should have figured that I guess

corey0025
06-15-2013, 08:32 AM
wow everyone, it sounds like you just want them to give you the units without having to earn them. The fact is this is the most level playing field you will ever get. In WD its a crap shoot if you are a lower level player and you will find someone you can beat and earn points. Here your rivals list gives it to you.

Yes, do the people that spend gold have an advantage, absolutely but don't hold that against them because they do. And its getting old hearing about how greedy the game developers are, but they are here to make money. Play the game or don't play the game, but stop complaining every time there is something that you don't like. This started as a good thread, but quickly devolved like every other one into a trash gree thread.

My suggestion if you don't like the way they run things go out and create your own.

OBAMASMAMA
06-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Good event but... Llps screwed again due to low amounts of battle points you get from attacking. I've voluntarily level up 4 times. At least my faction is 350th

Jman
06-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Good event but... Llps screwed again due to low amounts of battle points you get from attacking. I've voluntarily level up 4 times. At least my faction is 350th
And HLPs get the short end of the stick in the WDs themselves. I would say this is fine and gives better balance to the game.

Jd-fors
06-15-2013, 08:56 AM
I like it.prizes could be better but overall a definite good one!

Ced
06-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Why do people keep complaining about people using gold. It's their choise to use it.
If you don't want to.. don't. But don't complain about people who do.
GREE is a company. What do companies strive? Profit. Who gives them profit? People who buy the gold.

thunder
06-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Why do people keep complaining about people using gold. It's their choise to use it.
GREE is a company. What do companies strive? Profit. Who gives them profit? People who buy the gold.

Yes i agree 100 percent with you. Gree gives players a good game to play for free. If there wasnt gold players this game would go away. Im a free weak player in cc and ka i never complain about the gold players. I thank them for a game i can play for free.

keeskiller
06-15-2013, 11:08 AM

aGREE to you, let them.. I don't use gold, i am not at the top but i enjoy and i am on a price (7000 in single mode and 9800 with faction) so it goes oke, not really big prizes but worth the effort, i would attack people anyways.. So good going GREE!

thundarr
06-15-2013, 11:13 AM
I can finally use all Stamina points I have. Of course now I can only beat 1 out of 40 players. When you increase your allies for the Faction you wind up with very strong opponents. I love my faction and its a small price to pay.

megaants
06-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Bleh, the reason i think this is another crappy event is that it forces you to spend if you want to stay competitive. I'm kinda tired of all this.

thundarr
06-15-2013, 11:19 AM

I agree. I am playing free on my Kindle because my LLP is so lame I would have to spend a few thousand dollars just to make it respectable. Free so far on my Android phone but once I reach level 40 all bets are off. On IOS I have spend a moderate amount and my character MLP is pretty good.

KFH
06-15-2013, 11:23 AM
This event is horrible, they needed to put time into making the fully work before starting new events. This also make 3 wars a month, which is way to much, i was looking forward to relaxing with my box event for the weekend. There is still prizes to give out and compensation gold people are waiting for. Because of all this we have had 3 people sell there bases off and leave the game.

Slow it down Gree we don't need more and more, we need quality

DeT Bob
06-15-2013, 11:33 AM
dont like it. to fast leveling, prices are weak. most of my faction members ignore it too

junkkicker
06-18-2013, 06:16 AM
It was a good and fun tournament. A few improvements would make this even better... Like let us know its coming, and fix the countdown timer. LLP are at a disadvantage because they don't get the same amount of BP as higher levels. If possible to break it down in 3-4 tiers based on level it would give more people a chance.

Col C Smythe
06-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Actually, this PVP Tournament introduced some nice elements.

1. The Leader Board was great, although there may need to be some adjustments and polish. In my opinion, this format would be great for WD. It showed where each faction ranked sequentially, and it showed where each member ranked within the faction.

There is no doubt someone will want to debate this position with a ton of some picayunish complaints, but that's fine. Some will provide valid points for improvement, which is always welcome.

2. Since each person can pick and choose who they do or do not attack and are somewhat contained within their rival list the various level players can compete to some degree. For some the issue is that everyone is a target, faction or no faction. Seems kinda like the way it is in the real world, but that has legitamate foundation.

I know, someone will blast gold spenders, but that is the way it is. That is a fact of life in this game. Get over it.

3. This would be a good replacement for a WD event every 3 weeks like it is now. Have a WD event 3 weeks or so later have a PVP tournament, then 3 weeks later have WD event. Might help to prevent the burnout everyone is experiencing. Those that want to participate can, those that want to slow down can.

I envision more anti-gold rants with this, plus the "we always know who will be on top" gripes. Again, this is the way it is right now. Sniveling about it doesn't do anything to change it. Accept it and move on or out.

Overall, people in my faction had a blast. Competition between our own faction's members was more fun to a lot of them than the actual competing factions. Definitely more low-key and less pressure than WD.

I will agree to stack a PVP tournament with LTQs, Boss, Crate and WD events all within a 3 week period is way too much and will most likely accelarate burnout and causing more people to quit MW. We already see way too many abandoned bases, see too many people leaving factions and the game, and having trouble finding good recruits to fill vacancies.

Anyway, my thoughts..... Now everyone can beat the daylights out of them....

Max Power
06-18-2013, 08:01 AM
About the only complaint on this thread that I feel has merit is the lower level guys who don't want to play getting hammered and losing units. Might be more fair if they allowed people to opt out. Other than that, it's just like all events, the biggest spenders win. You are in the wrong game if you have a problem with that.

Personally, I spent a lot of skill points on defense and energy, so I only have 15 bullets in the clip. That definitely hurt me, but that is the trade off for having a lot of energy for the LTE events. I liked how in this event you could take most attack losses and convert to raiding and score really big points. Even defensive and boost buildings count, so the courteous among us could hit people and it wouldn't cost them anything. I thought that was pretty cool.

Roscoe782
06-18-2013, 08:55 AM
Good post with some good opinions. Only thing I disagree with: it will never act as a quasi replacement for WDP events. I would love the the break and love the idea, but in the end, its about money, and if anything, Gree would decrease the time between these events and probably add more, making the gaming schedule more busy.

Maggan
06-18-2013, 09:06 AM
you guys did a great job on this event. few bugs the first hour. we waited over 4 months for a pvp faction event not counting wd. I love this event. A lot of people are here to complain but i will give you credit where credit is due. serious great job on this event. now will like to see a pvp ltq again.

I must agree, it sucks that Gree didn't pull the clock info together. But the event as such was great. With both individual and faction prizes you give the top guys pullinh their faction some reward in addition. Also it's a camper killing event.

But all that demands prizes that gives something back for trying.

Give these event wd-lik prizes and put them in every forth-fifth week, and one wd-event every fourth-fifth. That way it's not that stressful and Gree gets more event as a whole.

DuB
06-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Overall a good event. Of course I didn't participate, but would like to see these kinds of pvp events in ka and back in cc. Maybe add a couple more tiers, but I'm sure that will come when they fix the few kinks.

Found
06-18-2013, 12:00 PM
New event is good however i think its safe to say whos going to win the tops prizes... Again!
lol Let the little guy have a decent chance of winning somthing, Its always the same names we see at the top.
Before the event i used to live a peacefull life at my camp... Now im getting attacked by people with stats 100k better than mine all the time! loosing tons of units when this happens so cant afford to progress buildings as i need cash to replace units!.

WD results anytime soon? :-)

WD results have been out for quite some time. Check the announcement section of forum.