PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Kindle for a stress free MW experience

thundarr
06-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Does playing MW get you aggravated? Try playing on an Amazon Kindle.

Can't save enough for that LE building? - No problem there are none
Can't get enough boxes to open? - No Problem there are none.
Taking too much gold to finish the LTQ events? - No problem there are none
Faction vs Faction event not working? - No problem there is none
Can't seem to win a PVP match - No problem your character is so lame you don't even try. Anyone with over 3 allies will kick your butt
Spending too much gold - No problem IOS and Android players get way better units for free on LTQ so you don't even bother

I think it's great that Amazon looks out for us. Allowing us to play a lame version of the game so you won't be tempted. If you are getting fed up with MW just get a Kindle and relax.

brittneystephenson66
06-14-2013, 05:06 PM
See if you are saying that when you don't get all of the updates.

Adm.J
06-14-2013, 06:58 PM
LE Buildings? Only have two because that's all I could afford.

PvP? How do you think I got the money for my LE buildings?

You're doing something wrong.

thundarr
06-14-2013, 07:40 PM
LE Buildings? Only have two because that's all I could afford.

PvP? How do you think I got the money for my LE buildings?

You're doing something wrong.

There are no LE building on the Kindle

Roscoe782
06-14-2013, 09:17 PM
I love my kindle fire and mw on it. I can do boss and wdp events. You CAN buy limited edition money buildings, just no mission/bonus units when u do. I get the tongue and cheek thing, but I really do enjoy it. You can still camp! It is much more easy going then keeping up with everything on my iOS toon. I love the stress free aspect. Eittherway, my two cents.

PS. I've said this before on another post, but think of it from amazon's perspective. They are very stringent with what apps they allow and what updates they allow. Selection sucks because of it, in general, but think of it as it pertains to modern war. Didn't need to worry about jumping toons or losing access to my toon associated with the latest buggy update because amazon sees gree's updates for what they are....the fact that the app is the way it is in the amazon App Store should say something about when the last time gree put out an update that was up to amazon standards....I think it was sometime before Egypt....

thundarr
06-15-2013, 06:29 AM
I love my kindle fire and mw on it. I can do boss and wdp events. You CAN buy limited edition money buildings, just no mission/bonus units when u do. I get the tongue and cheek thing, but I really do enjoy it. You can still camp! It is much more easy going then keeping up with everything on my iOS toon. I love the stress free aspect. Eittherway, my two cents.

PS. I've said this before on another post, but think of it from amazon's perspective. They are very stringent with what apps they allow and what updates they allow. Selection sucks because of it, in general, but think of it as it pertains to modern war. Didn't need to worry about jumping toons or losing access to my toon associated with the latest buggy update because amazon sees gree's updates for what they are....the fact that the app is the way it is in the amazon App Store should say something about when the last time gree put out an update that was up to amazon standards....I think it was sometime before Egypt....

I am not sure it has anything to do with Amazons standards more that they are too lazy to update this. I am starting a campaign to write them EVERY day complaining about this app until they update it.

Roscoe782
06-15-2013, 06:49 AM
I am not sure it has anything to do with Amazons standards more that they are too lazy to update this. I am starting a campaign to write them EVERY day complaining about this app until they update it.

I like how you assume its amazon that's lazy. If Gree puts out a buggy update, Amazon won't apply it. I am sure they get the android updates that Gree puts out. The amazon team just rejects them after they put it through testing...

thundarr
06-15-2013, 10:44 AM
I like how you assume its amazon that's lazy. If Gree puts out a buggy update, Amazon won't apply it. I am sure they get the android updates that Gree puts out. The amazon team just rejects them after they put it through testing...

How do you know the Amazon team is rejecting them? I have the Cnet app on the Kindle and its dreadful. The IOS is way better. I think Amazon is more concerned with selling books and videos on the Kindle than apps like MW. The Nexus 7 is much better plus it is updated constantly. I bought the Kindle before the Nexus 7 came out. If the Nexus 7 was out then I never would have bought it. Why put up with a greatly reduced selection of Apps and the ones they have are not updated. I have Amazon Cloud with all my music but I will be switching to Google Play.

Roscoe782
06-15-2013, 11:04 AM
How do you know the Amazon team is rejecting them? I have the Cnet app on the Kindle and its dreadful. The IOS is way better. I think Amazon is more concerned with selling books and videos on the Kindle than apps like MW. The Nexus 7 is much better plus it is updated constantly. I bought the Kindle before the Nexus 7 came out. If the Nexus 7 was out then I never would have bought it. Why put up with a greatly reduced selection of Apps and the ones they have are not updated. I have Amazon Cloud with all my music but I will be switching to Google Play.

I know because I used to send in tickets all the time about events not being present in my Kindle version and the response I got was what I have said, in so many words.

Sounds like you are really angry about it. Seem to be continuously angry at the wrong people.

I'd rather have a device where I know I won't have a buggy product. How many threads on here are about android and how crappy it is/how many bugs there are? I have no problems with the product that is currently present in the amazon app store, regardless of its inherent deficiencies that have been discussed, ad nausem.

I am glad you are making an adult decision to change products since you are so unhappy with your current version on the Kindle Fire. Just be prepared. With the Nexus7 and Google play, you will have a fully function app with access to all the events, but will also have more access to all the bugs. You might as well get an ipad mini or an iPhone if you are going to blow money on another device for a game. It has been discussed at length that the ios version is superior to the android version.

Adm.J
06-15-2013, 11:27 AM
There are no LE building on the KindleI must be imagining those two Santa Marta Train Stations then. And the $300k they payout every 12 hours.

Roscoe, I couldn't agree with you more.

thundarr
06-15-2013, 11:30 AM
I must be imagining those two Santa Marta Train Stations then. And the $300k they payout every 12 hours.

Roscoe, I couldn't agree with you more.

You have a vivid imagination.

thundarr
06-15-2013, 11:37 AM
I know because I used to send in tickets all the time about events not being present in my Kindle version and the response I got was what I have said, in so many words.

Sounds like you are really angry about it. Seem to be continuously angry at the wrong people.

I'd rather have a device where I know I won't have a buggy product. How many threads on here are about android and how crappy it is/how many bugs there are? I have no problems with the product that is currently present in the amazon app store, regardless of its inherent deficiencies that have been discussed, ad nausem.

I am glad you are making an adult decision to change products since you are so unhappy with your current version on the Kindle Fire. Just be prepared. With the Nexus7 and Google play, you will have a fully function app with access to all the events, but will also have more access to all the bugs. You might as well get an ipad mini or an iPhone if you are going to blow money on another device for a game. It has been discussed at length that the ios version is superior to the android version.

I recently bought an Ipad mini and transferred the game from my 3.5 year old Ipod which was crashing constantly. I started on the Kindle but for curiosity started playing on my Ipod and found the game much better. Because my Ipod was full and the synched computer was deceased I couldn't update it. Once I freed up enough memory and updated it I could access LTQ events, box events and factions it was like day and night. I am also playing it on my new Android phone and I have not encountered any serious bugs yet. I played it on my wifes old Android 2.3 and it was awful crashing non stop.

Roscoe782
06-15-2013, 12:03 PM
You have a vivid imagination.

He's right though. Look in the store now. The current limited time money building is in the shop. Just no event with it.

Adm.J
06-16-2013, 07:27 PM
One other thing. The faction vs. faction event does work. You can't view it, but your points will show up. Won't know about rewards until someone on kindle finishes in a winning place.

jeffvan
06-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Well as of today, looks like gree are forcing Amazon to update. However, amazon have not updated the app still. Guess the user again is in limbo waiting for one to act.

New Version Available (great!)
Please download the latest version of Modern War (how????)

Retry (too many times now!)

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 04:29 AM
Well as of today, looks like gree are forcing Amazon to update. However, amazon have not updated the app still. Guess the user again is in limbo waiting for one to act.

New Version Available (great!)
Please download the latest version of Modern War (how????)

Retry (too many times now!)

Welcome to my world. I was in the middle of a boss battle when it froze. It never freezes, so I knew something was up. Restarted it and sure enough, there it was. We are all getting the same message. Amazon is aware and seems to be working on it from their end. No idea about the GREE side of things...

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 04:46 AM
A faction mate came up with this idea. It is so simple. Never thought of it and should have. Screw both gree and amazon. Go to one mobile market and download the google play version of modern war. The *.apk of it and put it on your kindle's hardrive. Sideload it. Works like a charm. I know I have to deal with all the android proper bugs, but at least I can get in now. Thanks Jess!

I can confirm up and running ow with the side loaded app. I can also confirm the bugs that the general android community has experienced that I had not until now. Just watched a boss fight for 5 minutes to do 1 hit.

However, at least it works again. Still would like a proper app update from GREE/Amazon.

Mongo
06-19-2013, 04:49 AM
Thanks folks for the info RE the update. Yes I have been restarting, downloading, doing one-legged jumping jacks, no "new version" yet. Very frustrating in the boss event. Hopefully it comes out today, its early enough we can catch up.

RE the kindle, I'm w AdmJ, it is playable. I have my LLP there, he has the LE bldgs, has done well in WD & points posted in PvP tourney board. Am I being naive in hoping that the "new version" (should it arrive) might add some of the stuff we're missing?

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Sideload it. Only thing that is going to work in a timely matter for the time being....

To sideload:

You use a third party instead of the amazon app store for an app. Make sure in kindle settings that you allow for third party apps.

I used 1mobile.com for the source of the *.apk file.
Download the modern war app, basically the google play version, to your computer.
Attach your kindle to your computer.
Transfer the file over into your kindle
Download a file viewing app, like ES File Explorer, on your Kindle Fire
Open ES File Explorer.
Find where you placed the modern war *.apk file and open it.
You will now install the modern war that android phone users are using with all the bells and whistles, and bugs.... but it works

I am now continuing on with the boss with only a night lost.

PS. I uninstalled the modern war app from the kindle that was not working before doing any of this. My gamer file remained intact in the inner workings of the kindle and loaded perfectly into the sideloaded application

PPS. To enable third party applications to work on a kindle fire, go into Settings, Device, and press ON for "Allow Installation of Applications From unknown sources".

PPPS. I know, this isn't the true fix. I think of it as a temporary fix while still asking for a proper one from GREE/Amazon. Just using this to get by.

thundarr
06-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Thanks folks for the info RE the update. Yes I have been restarting, downloading, doing one-legged jumping jacks, no "new version" yet. Very frustrating in the boss event. Hopefully it comes out today, its early enough we can catch up.

RE the kindle, I'm w AdmJ, it is playable. I have my LLP there, he has the LE bldgs, has done well in WD & points posted in PvP tourney board. Am I being naive in hoping that the "new version" (should it arrive) might add some of the stuff we're missing?

It will arrive. I wrote an extremely detailed and well thought out email to Jeff Bezos explaining exactly what was missing and how we were at a competitive disadvantage. I am a very good customer of Amazon dropping many thousands of dollars there. I invited him to look at my account to verify. I also explained why I had not made any gold purchases for my Kindle even though I had been playing it for 5 months longer that my IOS and that I had made numerous gold purchases on the Apple Store and Amazon was missing out on revenue and the Kindle was not considered a gaming machine since the apps were substandard even though the hardware (particularly the Kindle HD) was quite good. It seems to have got something going since we are now without our app. I am hoping (and praying) that we will finally have parity with IOS and Android.

Adm.J
06-19-2013, 08:57 AM
So when Gree stops supporting the kindle version, or amazon decides to remove it from their library, we have you to blame?

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Nothing illegal with it. Kindle allows for side loading of applications and 1mobile.com is a reputable place to get *.apk files. The *.apk file I am using is the current android version and Kindle is, well, android compatible. Basically, the only reason it doesn't allow google play to get it is the whole competition thing between google and amazon. No jailbreaking or whatever hacker crap to do it. On boss 14 now on the Kindle by the way. I don't like doing it, but for right now, its the only thing that works. Do you expect Gree or Amazon to solve this problem quickly? What does history show?

By the way, what does the current situation show about "support for the kindle version"?

Gree will always support, lol, the android version, and this way, you can always load the android version on the kindle, if need be, whether they support the "Kindle Android" version or not.

sgt spanks
06-19-2013, 09:42 AM
There are definitely LE buildings on the Kindle Fire. I have the JB, Curragh and one of the Tatra outpost

thundarr
06-19-2013, 09:55 AM
There are definitely LE buildings on the Kindle Fire. I have the JB, Curragh and one of the Tatra outpost

I stand corrected.

Adm.J
06-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Nothing illegal with it. Sorry, wasn't referring to you.

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Sorry, wasn't referring to you.

i understand now. Thundarr just gets me all fired up. Sorry my man. Hope you give the side-loading thing a try.

Mongo
06-19-2013, 12:05 PM
thundarr, you rock, it may work.

But Roscoe, that was SWEET! I have been through the ringer on this, can't load from Google Play, thought about rooting my kindle etc etc long long story. Your explanation sounded too simple to be true, and I was not familiar with 1mobile market, but on the hunch it was an independent app store I googled it and VOILA, you speak true! It let me download the .apk and it sideloaded like a charm (I have done this with other apps, like dropbox).

Fired right up, I went from v 3.2 to 3.7, now appear to have all the features as the iOS, at least to the extent they are on droid. Can't wait for the LTQ, I assume it will load on here. Shows the Tatra upgrades as goals, can tap for free gold whenever not just off scratcher, etc etc.

The only "issue" is the display is small compared to the kindle version, ie writing and buttons. Price I am happily willing to pay, again many thanks and maybe the best of many good tips I have gotten in this forum.

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 12:08 PM
thundarr, you rock, it may work.

But Roscoe, that was SWEET! I have been through the ringer on this, can't load from Google Play, thought about rooting my kindle etc etc long long story. Your explanation sounded too simple to be true, and I was not familiar with 1mobile market, but on the hunch it was an independent app store I googled it and VOILA, you speak true! It let me download the .apk and it sideloaded like a charm (I have done this with other apps, like dropbox).

Fired right up, I went from v 3.2 to 3.7, now appear to have all the features as the iOS, at least to the extent they are on droid. Can't wait for the LTQ, I assume it will load on here. Shows the Tatra upgrades as goals, can tap for free gold whenever not just off scratcher, etc etc.

The only "issue" is the display is small compared to the kindle version, ie writing and buttons. Price I am happily willing to pay, again many thanks and maybe the best of many good tips I have gotten in this forum.

No prob man. Glad it is working for others. I had done it before on the kindle for like wells fargo's app, etc, but it just never hit me until a teammate brought it up. I had only done it for apps that I couldn't get on the Kindle and since I could get MW, I didn't think about it:)

Better than waiting for Gree, or Amazon for that matter, to find a solution. Remember the prestige units from awhile back. Bonus stacking solution = gold = not a solution.

One caveat: when GREE comes out with a major android update + if you stick with a sideloaded version = you will have to manually download the update from 1mobile. I don't think large updates will automatically download or show up on the Kindle for download. Just another FYI.

Adm.J
06-19-2013, 12:36 PM
One caveat: when GREE comes out with a major android update + if you stick with a sideloaded version = you will have to manually download the update from 1mobile. I don't think large updates will automatically download or show up on the Kindle for download. Just another FYI.Given the screw ups they make with each update, that is a good thing.

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Given the screw ups they make with each update, that is a good thing.

Definitely agree!

Adm.J
06-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Well it's a no go for me. I'm stuck in some crazy login loop on 1mobile that won't allow me to download anything.

Adm.J
06-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Ok, downloaded the 1mobile market app right to my kindle. That let me download and install modern war from within the kindle, no pc required. Good to go now. You the man Roscoe!

Roscoe782
06-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Do the 1mobile thing from the computer and manually transfer the apk to the kindle via cord. I didn't use the 1mobile app.

NVM, just read your follow-up. Glad you got it working.

thundarr
06-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Now it is totally stress free because it doesn't work.

Adm.J
06-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Now it is totally stress free because it doesn't work.Ever heard the expression "Careful what you wish for"?

thundarr
06-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Ever heard the expression "Careful what you wish for"?

I don't care how long it takes as long as they add LTQ and the box events. My main player is on IOS and I have another on my Android phone. I just play this one because I put so much into it before I discovered the IOS version.