PDA

View Full Version : I signed on to the game and I am using someone else profile!!

ryanmajor85
06-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Can anyone help me with this!!! I downloaded the new update and everything was working fine. A day later I get on the game and some random profile pops up and I am using the game as someone completely different. My faction contacted my profile and someone else is using my profile. I contacted gree a week ago with no response.

I am beyond pissed and ready to delete this game and crime city.

ArizonaSweetTea
06-14-2013, 08:38 PM
If your stats are higher, you should be thankful. If your stats are lower, contact Gree with your code asap!!!

Captnmorgan
06-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Welcome to my world. I'm still waiting. Did you get your copy of "The handbook for the recently deseased" and read it?

ryanmajor85
06-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Still waiting for my profile back. It's been 7 days. The guy using my profile left my faction and is doing who knows what to all my stuff. 2 years of work down the drain. F Gree

Captnmorgan
06-15-2013, 02:26 PM
What I find amazing is that the admins never say anything when it comes to helping us. No words at all. I know they read this.

Where is your input? What are you doing to fix the situation?

WinD-n-RaiN
06-15-2013, 02:29 PM
I feel so lucky now... Hope you guys get your profiles back.

Slippo
06-15-2013, 03:04 PM
You're welcome to my profile. I have -56 allies lol

Captnmorgan
06-15-2013, 03:18 PM
And I just now found out that the person who has my profile left my faction and joined a different faction.

Keep up the Great work GREE.

PITA4PRES
06-15-2013, 03:20 PM
What I find amazing is that the admins never say anything when it comes to helping us. No words at all. I know they read this.

Where is your input? What are you doing to fix the situation?

They did comment on this situation the other day and said they were in the process of fixing it and also said it could be fixed manually if someone was still having the problem. For some players it was as simple as logging out and logging back in. Admin may not always give the best responses to things, but when it comes to fixing technical issues such as this, I don't think it's right to always blame them. They may not have the technical know how to fix the issue themselves. We all know how good Gree is about fixing issues and responding to tickets. I am not trying to make light of this issue. This is a serious issue that needs to be dealt with immediately and should not take a week or more to get fixed, particularly when they mentioned fairly quickly that they could fix it and what the issue was. CJ did reprimand people who were joking about messing with other player's profiles if they have the wrong one and said to send in a ticket to report the issue if someone does this. How long until anything is done is anyone's guess. I hope all still affected get their profiles back soon.

BondVFF
06-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Do you know what the response was from Gree? They sent me instructions to help me through my account transfer issue. Uh, admins here is some constructive criticism. Read a trouble ticket completely and be aware of issues with the game, we sure are. And I am aware this is hour 74 of not having my account with no direct response, and no I didnt transfer it...

ProCision
06-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Sell everything and join your faction and dump the money in. Gree can put all the buildings back.

Captnmorgan
06-15-2013, 05:57 PM
I've put in 2 tickets so far. First one was closed after they said they fixed it. Sadly, it wasn't. Now I'm lvl 1. So, I started another ticket. Still waiting to hear back on that one. I would use itunes but dont have a computer really for that. So I get to sit back while someone else uses my profile and messes with all my stuff.

I dont think its fair and I dont think its right. Customer service should always be priority number 1.

Anonymously Yours
06-15-2013, 06:14 PM
I ad this problem. It took about 36 hours to fix. I got the initial reply to my ticket within an hour. I didn't see it until 20-24 hours later. The customer service person needed more info from me. He fixed it about 5-6 hours later. I thanked him for his help. Customer service works, but politeness and patience are required.

Captnmorgan
06-15-2013, 06:20 PM
They have fixed my profile finally. Im out 35 mil and 20 concrete but at least thats all.

BondVFF
06-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Congrats captn. I am still waiting...

Shauny
06-16-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm still waiting also. I dread to think what's happening to my account.

Funbags
06-16-2013, 12:55 PM
I wonder if this is how 300 gold mysteriously went missing

BondVFF
06-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Nearly a week now without my account and I am still waiting. If i don't have it back by tomorrow I am requesting iTunes to credit my gold purchases (as this is fraud now since I purchased something I don't have access to) and filing a complaint with the BBB (it should come as no surprise to anyone that they Gree International is currently sitting with a F ranking). As I have already submitted tickets, reinstalled the game, sent private message to CJ54 (Sirus doesnt accept PM), and posted on this forum I have no other option.

Anonymously Yours
06-18-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm living happily without you know what. It's been a great life without the thing that mysteriously went missing.

Golf4life
06-18-2013, 12:27 PM
then why are you still on the forums?

not trying to be rude, but a legit question. If I was done with a game, being on the forum would be pointless for me.
I'm living happily without you know what. It's been a great life without the thing that mysteriously went missing.

ryanmajor85
06-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Two weeks and still waiting to get my profile back.

Anonymously Yours
06-18-2013, 11:45 PM
then why are you still on the forums?not trying to be rude, but a legit question. If I was done with a game, being on the forum would be pointless for me.Most of life is pointless.

NikMil
06-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by CJ54
It is really, really not funny to joke about this kind of thing.

We're getting the accounts back in place; it looks like a couple dozen people were affected.

EDIT: Some details. Some of the people that logged on right after the update; their accounts basically knocked into each other in the database; most affected accounts got disassociated from any device and were just hanging in limbo. It was thankfully short-lived, and if the fix we just pushed doesn't work for a small number of people, we can fix it from here manually.

I too am using someone else's profile with mine lost completely in the Ether. I have raised tickets, posted on several forum threads and private messages several admins without the courtesy of a response.
So CJ / Admins......how exactly do you do this manually if no-one answers out pleas for help?!?
I have missed two events and am currently missing the 3rd. I have invested a lot of time and money on my character...is it too much to ask for some assistance in getting it returned ?!?

NikMil
06-19-2013, 03:57 PM
I would urge all people still without their own Bases to lodge a formal complaint with the BBB at www.bbb.org and send a request to Apple to try and reclaim any money spent on gold.

The pure inaction of this company is despicable and is tantamount to theft as we now no longer possess the items which we have spent our own money on Gold to obtain!!!!

If we hit their pockets will they listen to us then?!?

ryanmajor85
06-19-2013, 07:17 PM
I think this effected a few more than a few dozen people. This is an absolute joke. You would think these tickets would have been moved to the tope of the line or urgency by Gree. If they want to triple the amount of gold I have purchased from them so I can get my other account the the level of my lost account I would happy and shut up but I get nothing. This is a joke

ryanmajor85
06-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Update. I got on the game this morning and the game had completely reset. The random profile I was using is gone and now I am starting a new game completely. This is unbelievable.