PDA

View Full Version : Reporting Cheaters

Armalg-the-Good
06-13-2013, 06:56 PM
I reported a cheater earlier this week. Her stats were not super fantastic but she had ridiculous amounts of doomsday frags and disease grenades. It also appears she's a leader in her syndicate. I had no hesitation in reporting her because she was obviously cheating. I sent FUNZIO the information and they can investigate it. I've seen far far worse cases but being a new player by the time I figured out what I should do I out leveled that particular time traveler/cheater and didn't get screen shots (Foxes comes to mind).

Anyhow I have come across yet another person that I am suspicious of. This person has been playing for a good deal longer than the other person. They have top competition prizes from all the contests/events in the last two months. They have been camping clearly. I have FAR more robberies and fights than this person, so they didn't get the respect they have via those means. I have a fraction of the respect points this person has. That leaves scratchers, using gold to open cases etc to make up the difference.... This person is level 80ish. Is it possible to have 200 disease grenades and 100 doomsday frags at level 80?....or for that matter at all?...is there any point where that many respect points would be possible? It would make more sense to me that this person has all the stuff they have because they are a very successful cheater... what do you think?

Having trouble just posting the photo....will later on in the thread

Armalg-the-Good
06-13-2013, 07:05 PM
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Tamaig/image_zps6472c7df.jpg

Idiosyncrasy
06-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Unfortunately, we cannot:

Discuss activities that violate our terms of service (this includes discussion of cheating, hacking, botting, etc.)

Just report if it bothers you and move on; that's all you can do. It's most helpful to include screenshots, post a simple comment on suspected cheater's wall, and include the word-for-word text in your report. Or supply their mafia code if you have it.

My opinion on the second situation - no, they cannot have amassed that amount of respect by level 80. However, stranger things have happened.

Armalg-the-Good
06-13-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm not asking to tell me HOW they accomplish this. I'm asking if that much respect is reasonably possible at level 80.

nickdpro99
06-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Unfortunately, we cannot:

Just report if it bothers you and move on; that's all you can do. It's most helpful to include screenshots, post a simple comment on suspected cheater's wall, and include the word-for-word text in your report. Or supply their mafia code if you have it.

My opinion on the second situation - no, they cannot have amassed that amount of respect by level 80. However, stranger things have happened.

I like your name. ~~Idiosyncrasy~~

Armalg-the-Good
06-13-2013, 07:40 PM
I see my answer now...thank you

Armalg-the-Good
06-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Yes, cheating does bother me because this person has been successful at the expense of everybody else. Anyhow I'm off to report :)

Generik79
06-13-2013, 09:27 PM
No, it is not reasonable or probable. Report them. Post on their wall. It makes them easier for GREE to find. Also feel free to mention this stuff. It's not wrong, period.

Tommy Gun
06-13-2013, 11:50 PM
I would like to thank Gree for dealing with a cheater! I reported a cheater who had multiple buildings on top of each other. Got the standard line from Gree about how they cannot give the outcome, etc. I just ran across his hood and all the buildings are gone, and his comments are full of how Gree deleted all of his buildings, and how unfair they are, etc.*Thank you Gree for actually doing something re this cheater.

Stooboot
06-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Everyones so worried about reporting cheaters if u can tell that someone is cheating than they r an amature u got these guys with there jail broken iphones making full profiles in a day that look like they have been playing since the game started n u will never no so stop worrying about the cheaters u can c and get greed to find a way to stop the ones u cant those r the ones that matter

Armalg-the-Good
06-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Well there is a difference. Guys like this have unattainable stats. They are able to rob without fear of retribution. They gain further power because they can do all of the events such as the boss fights without spending gold or effort for that matter. They get into syndicates and falsely elevate those syndicates influence scores at the expense of the rest of us. The worst thing of all is they affect players like myself who see that this is unfair and get discouraged about the game. Many quit. Others refuse to spend money on a game when their gold, no matter how much they use, cannot overcome the power gained through cheating. This is a serious problem to GREEs business model and it requires immediate action since there is a widely held perception that all of the above is true. Cheaters (and everybody who benefits from them) should be dealt with swiftly and harshly. The above poster is also wrong. When people at the top suddenly come across a player they have never ever seen before with all of the stuff they have through hard work it is pretty darn easy to identify them as a cheater. Having been part of a development team I can tell you that dealing with players that use exploits is not as easy as it sounds. But, it can be done.

Kidkiller
06-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Mmm, interesting, since I pay visit to them and get their lvl10 building, they have been helpful to launch my IPH, but geez... I've leveled too much and can't find those lvl10 hack. And god knows I love hunting.

savage9r
06-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Unfortunately, cheaters are like hackers. Hard to find them all and new ones pop up daily. Good find, though!

Ak Killah
06-15-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm tired of reporting hackers I just raid their hoods and move on.

Sirius
06-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Please report them to support and if they are indeed cheating they will get banned.

/closed