PDA

View Full Version : Wall or no wall?

Padabatrat
06-13-2013, 06:14 AM
Is it worthwhile spending millions on walls or is the money more useful going towards bonuses?

Archer59
06-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Bonuses first; leftover $ to the walls.

Wai
06-13-2013, 07:02 AM
Appoint a leader that makes decisions.

warrends
06-13-2013, 07:06 AM
Appoint a leader that makes decisions.

Well that was worthless. OP asked a tactical question, not a leadership question. Can you understand that? Didn't think so.

But I agree with Archer, after looking at this for the last 5-6 wars. Our faction is still discussing this ourselves. Not only to do or not to do walls, but if yes what level walls.

mxz
06-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Walls are mostly useless. They don't score you points. Why would you waste money on them?

Unless you're a top 25ish team - skip them or only build up to the low / cheap levels.

Philly982
06-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Since I am not in a top 25 faction I highly recommend that no factions outside of the top 25 build any walls at all. We will appreciate the easy double points.

Sarcasm aside, I think it really depends on where you settle within your rankings group. I will use going for the top 500 for examples sake. If you are routinely below 400, then perhaps walls would not help as much. If you are in and out of the top 500 by the minute on the final day then having walls could make a difference in making the top 500 or not. It would be quite a drag to get 501 and find that the team that finished 500th was a team that you faced when you did not have any fortifications. That scenario is pretty unlikely, but since individual faction match ups are supposedly based upon the current rank in that particular war, then it serves well to at least make someone who is competing against your faction in the tier you are competing for have to work that much harder. Just an opinion.

KFH
06-13-2013, 06:08 PM
We love running into a faction without fortifications, its like a little bonus. We would get the wall down anyway, but this just allows us more free hits.
I guess they do very little, other than make it harder for the opposing faction to score points. In that case i say build a lv 10 every time "give them nothing but take from them everything"

Oceanz
06-13-2013, 06:13 PM
My faction is top-750 and we can get down level 10 walls within the first 5 minutes of battles

But we have enough walls ourselves for every battle...we just don't spend tens or hundreds of millions on level 10 walls

Padabatrat
06-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Thanks guy u have given me valuable insight!

Valdara
06-14-2013, 01:18 AM
Have to agree, walls cost a lot to have enough level tens for the duration, but normally they are down within a minute of a battle starting.

Build the faction bonuses first, then build the walls.

Fatherllama
06-14-2013, 02:26 AM
I've maintained for quite some time that they have no actual purpose. At most by having one up, you deprive the opposing faction of a couple thousand points. I can see the argument that top 10/25 factions have for building them, because their competition for whichever slot is often a group they'll fight on a regular basis. But since wins and losses don't matter, depriving points from someone who's not your competitor for a rank is utterly pointless.

a4194394
06-14-2013, 04:03 AM
for most factions i think a lvl 2-4 wall is necessary, but that's enough. 80% of the factions are not organized and even cannot destroy a Lv1 wall, while the rest often have the ability and the need to destroy a lvl 10 wall.

mr_bossman
06-14-2013, 04:18 AM
Interesting thread.

Has been on my mind for a bit.

In MW faction finihsing about top 600 and CC syndicate the same.

As our CC defense leader, I will promote not using walls for a bit!

We always knock out level 10 walls in a few minutes even at our level.

Thanks for tips/advice :D