PDA

View Full Version : Night club or toy box

Icecauldron
06-13-2013, 04:20 AM
If you have 40 million to spare?

jmeijer
06-13-2013, 04:23 AM
Toy Box. It's available for a short time. The NC is the better building, but you can build that anytime.

BigMoney
06-13-2013, 04:43 AM
Toy Box for the items. The NC isn't going anywhere, and level 1 NC isn't that great. I waited until I could afford to buy and upgrade a NC to level 2 before I purchased mine.

Edit: now that I'm think about it, you said you have $40 million to "spare", but you probably mean you have $40 million total. The best long-term move would be to purchase and upgrade your NC, depending on your current IPH (which I assume is low since you don't have NCs). I think the ultimate goal is to build up a decent enough IPH so that you can get reasonably far in the LTBs-- it's better to sit a few LTBs out and then be able to upgrade one to receive items like: Passions Party Favor (402/298), Red Light Scrapper (518/416), Hot Night (823/461), Secret Identity (750/1000), Red Light Gun (1233/1101), Enforcer's Ride (1457/1577), Bombshell (2256/1595) in a few months as opposed to 7 items like the Passions Party Favor (402/298). The exception being if the building is a really strong one like the Chinese pagoda, but otherwise these LTBs actually slow your economy's growth.

Poor D
06-13-2013, 05:21 AM
Toy Box for the items. The NC isn't going anywhere, and level 1 NC isn't that great. I waited until I could afford to buy and upgrade a NC to level 2 before I purchased mine.

Edit: now that I'm think about it, you said you have $40 million to "spare", but you probably mean you have $40 million total. The best long-term move would be to purchase and upgrade your NC, depending on your current IPH (which I assume is low since you don't have NCs). I think the ultimate goal is to build up a decent enough IPH so that you can get reasonably far in the LTBs-- it's better to sit a few LTBs out and then be able to upgrade one to receive items like: Passions Party Favor (402/298), Red Light Scrapper (518/416), Hot Night (823/461), Secret Identity (750/1000), Red Light Gun (1233/1101), Enforcer's Ride (1457/1577), Bombshell (2256/1595) in a few months as opposed to 7 items like the Passions Party Favor (402/298). The exception being if the building is a really strong one like the Chinese pagoda, but otherwise these LTBs actually slow your economy's growth.

I usually agree with you BM, but this time I think your first opinion was right. While the toy box isn't a strong building, it is limited and relatively cheap as compared to the mill. I would get the toy box because it is an additional income stream and there aren't that many high IPH money buildings to buy in the game. As you said the first time, the NC isn't going anywhere.

c00guy
06-13-2013, 05:34 AM
I'd say get your first toy box if you haven't already (decent ROI on level 1 + nice stat boost). If you have, then just spend the money buying that NC

Feng1234
06-13-2013, 06:48 AM

Recently, I have come to disagree with any theoretical views of economy. In my opinion, if your economy can afford LTBs, then buy them and they will strengthen your economy to a point where you can purchase NCs And LTBs together during each war break. The weapons you get for free is a bonus and as Poor D was saying, high IPH money buildings are limited so buy as many as you can is the way to go.

But what I am really trying to say is that what you do depends on how long you intend to play the game for. If you pace yourself and intend to play the game on a sustainable basis for years to come (provided the game lasts that long - if it doesn't, anything we argue is pointless anyway), then your economy will kick ass quick enough no matter what strategy you adopt as long as you keep buying every good money building available without caring for what they are.

So the X factor people need to think about is the fun part and I find it more fun to get as many LTBs as possible because they are limited and gives me cool new weapons vs buying NCs which is likely to be around for a while and which one will be able to buy easily if they play long enough.

In essence, the longer you play, the better you become no matter what you do provided you follow the conventional growth strategies. So just have fun!!

MattThomas08
06-13-2013, 06:58 AM
Buy the NC. There will be other LTB in the future and you need to build your economy up with good blading s to be able to afford them. There no point in buying a Toy Box, when it won't help your economy improve like the NC will.

Kidkiller
06-13-2013, 07:01 AM
NC is the best bang for your buck. If another LTB like the Pagoda show up, build it.

out of names
06-13-2013, 07:23 AM
Either get the toybox or save the money

murf
06-13-2013, 08:40 AM
Buy the NC. There will be other LTB in the future and you need to build your economy up with good blading s to be able to afford them. There no point in buying a Toy Box, when it won't help your economy improve like the NC will.

Yes the NC is better, but the Toy Box might be a top5-6 building and with limited end-game building, I think you will eventually regret not getting 2 of each of these LTBs.

Plus, as others have said, the NC isn't going anywhere.

wa7sh
06-13-2013, 09:48 AM
toybox. or kill yourself.

wa7sh
06-13-2013, 09:48 AM
im joking. get the toybox because its limited.

mxz
06-13-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm with murf on this. Take the units.

I think about it the opposite of Feng - you're buying strong units and get IPH boosts as a bonus.

The Toy Box isn't a terrible building, either.

Here's a comparison (IPD includes 10% Tycoon and 25% Syndicate)
Toy Box 1 - Income Per Day: $756K, cost $35M
Condo 3 - IPD: $693K, cost $43.7M

Toy Box 2 - IPD: $1.51M, cost $93.5M
Condo 5 - $1.58M, cost $143M

Toy Box 3 - IPD: $2.65M, cost $190.8M
Condo 7 - $2.87, cost $420.6M

This is a good building for low levels. It makes the Condo and Credit Agency obsolete.

vert man
06-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Depending on how you collect, the Toybox is, like, the fourth best income/day. I'd say get the buildings while you can and then save/level up the nc and go back to the Toybox. Of course, these buildings are new and probably going to continue to be released indefinitely- while this is good now, it may be pushed down in ranks as more are released.

Icecauldron
06-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Many thanks to all for the insightful contributions!

BigMoney
06-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Okay, so I was wondering earlier about what level my Nightclubs would be if it wasn't for the LTB events, and I decided to turn it into an analysis of whether or not sitting out the first few LTBs would have been the right move-- first for me, and then I thought back to this topic, and then to a player without all the modifiers/bonuses/etc. that I have (e.g. like the OP, because I'm making the assumption that someone without NCs yet probably also doesn't have items like the Executive Coupe, etc). For a tl;dr, just skip to the bold/underlined portions.

As background information for me, I had an IPH somewhere around $800k when the LTBs started, robberies make up a significant portion of my daily income (I stalk high IPH players), and I'm not robbed very often myself (high def + disciplined collections, despite GREE doing their best to **** up all my collection timers).

On the LTBs to date, I've spent roughly $1.95 billion on LTBs. I have a level 5 Chinese Pagoda, a level 3 Dockside Mill, and [currently] a level 6 Toy Box-- I've also purchased a second LTB of each (level 3 Pagoda, level 1 Dockside Mill, and a level 1 Toy Box). As of the time of this writing, the LTBs consist of $692k of my $1.46mil IPH. This is actually a lot more than I expected-- I knew the Pagodas were strong, but the Dockside Mill and Toy Box were stronger than I was giving them credit for.

The items I've received so far from these LTBs are:
Chinatown Underbelly Boots - 250/392
Chinatown Underbelly Blade - 400/456
Chinatown Underbelly Tech Bow - 550/627
Chinatown Underbelly Car - 850/755
Chinatown Underbelly Vest - 750/1390
Dock Guard Gun - 371/305
Dock Worker Gloves 361/541
Dockside Dumptruck - 682/558
Passions Party Favor - 402/298
Red Light Scrapper - 518/416
Hot Night - 823/461
Secret Identity - 750/1000
Red Light Gun - 1233/1101
Enforcer's Ride - 1457/1577

Let's say I had not participated in these first 3 LTBs. I would have had enough money to upgrade my two Level 3 NCs to Level 6-7. With my bonuses, this would increase my IPH by $1.644 mil (which purely from an IPH standpoint, is clearly a better option than the $692k IPH increase from the LTBs). Thus, replacing the LTBs with the NCs would mean my current IPH would be $2.41mil (instead of the $1.46mil currently).

Now I'm going to make an assumption here, since we don't know the prizes and levels of the LTBs, I'm going to pretend the next LTB is identical to the current Toy Box one, just for the purpose of comparing prizes.

As I said, robberies are a large portion of my daily income, apparent just from how far I got in each event at my IPH. I spent ~$208mil in the Chinese Pagoda event with an IPH of ~$768k. With perfect collection for a 10 day event (despite being impossible to do with laundromats, etc), that amounts to $184mil. I spent ~$385mil in the Dockside Mill Event, and assuming I upgraded my other Pagoda to level 3 before that (I can't remember when I did), that would put my IPH at the time at ~$978k. The Dockside Mill event was also 10 days long, and perfect collection would have put me at ~$235mil. That means robberies (and banked money?) increased my income by at least 13% for the Pagoda event, at least 63% for the Dockside Mill event, and at least 178% (!!!) for the Toy Box event. I clearly ramped up the robbery intensity there-- that means I was collecting from others' hoods at almost the same rate as I collected from my own hood, and robbing about $15mil per day during the Dockside Mill event. I think we are 11 days into the Toy Box event, and I've spent ~$802mil on it so far, and I'm going to say that's at a $1.09mil IPH, because I haven't collected on my Toy Box yet as it's been upgrading. Perfect collection for 11 days would be $288mil... holy ****. I know it seems like I'm forgetting something, but I had about $150mil in the bank at the start of the event, so I've made at LEAST $365mil from robberies ($33mil per day). I therefore think it would be a fair and conservative assumption to say that I can rob at least $10 mil per day, and assuming I had purchased level 6-7 NCs instead, I would be making ~$68mil per day, and for a 20 day Toy Box-like event, that amounts to $1.360 billion. This would take me to level 7 of the current Toy Box event. Something seems a little off here (perhaps my astronomical rob rates, or something, since I'm still hoping to squeeze out level 7 even with an IPH $1mil lower than this) but it essentially means that by participating in every LTB available to me, would you be willing to trade these items:

Chinatown Underbelly Boots - 250/392
Chinatown Underbelly Blade - 400/456
Chinatown Underbelly Tech Bow - 550/627
Chinatown Underbelly Car - 850/755
Chinatown Underbelly Vest - 750/1390
Dock Guard Gun - 371/305
Dock Worker Gloves 361/541
Dockside Dumptruck - 682/558
[total: 4214/5024]

for just this item if I had upgraded my NCs instead:
Bombshell, explosive, 2256/1595

Thus, the answer for me at least (with $1mil+ IPH) is that it was better to choose the former and participate in every LTB available than to sit out and upgrade my NCs, which would have pushed me only far enough to receive one additional ~2k item. I would hypothetically be very close (~$300mil-- wouldn't take too long to save up this much in between events, etc) to receiving the level 8 item at that rate, and I think choosing between the aforementioned italicized prizes and:

[i]Bombshell, explosive, 2256/1595
Uninvited Guest, gun, 2552/2233
[total: 4808/3828]

would be a much tougher decision. I think the Pagoda screws with this analysis, since it's such a strong building that you'd be really dumb to sit it out to upgrade NCs instead, but the Dockside Mills and Toy Boxes would be a bit easier to pass on. I don't think I can generalize this conclusion to someone whose IPH is too low to afford NCs yet. In that case, it seems clear to me that their money would be better spent on a NC and a level 2 upgrade ($106mil) than, for example, a Dockside Mill ($75mil) which only earns them a 371/305 item. If their IPH is low enough that it takes them the length between LTB events to save up that much, it's a no-brainer to choose the NC. No bonuses, that's $87.5k/hr for the NC, and $24.6k/hr for the DM (plus the 371/305 item). A $60k/hr difference times ~a month in between events is clearly enough to push one farther in a future LTB, in my opinion. I think I would need specific numbers (IPH, upcoming LTB, etc), but based on all of this that I just did, if I were the OP, I would be shooting for two level 2 NCs ($4.2mil per day with perfect collection, no bonuses) before starting any LTB events. Perhaps I'd even wait until I had two level 3 NCs ($8.4mil per day with perfect collection, no bonuses). Just with those buildings, 2lvl2NCs --> $9 mil short of level 2 Toy Box, 2lvl3NCs --> $23mil short of level 3 Toy Box. For the former, you could easily make that up by collecting just $18.8k/hr from the rest of your hood, and if you're purchasing NCs, you likely have an IPH above $18.8k. Similarly, you'd need an IPH (or IPH+robPH) of $48k/hr to make up the difference. Clearly, these three items:

Passions Party Favor - 402/298
Red Light Scrapper - 518/416
Hot Night - 823/461

are better than just one Dockside Mill item.

Final Verdict:
low IPH, no NCs-- build at least two level 2 NCs before starting an LTB event.
IPH > $750k-- don't sit out an LTB.

lucky83
06-16-2013, 03:18 AM
That's some serious reading right there. Nicely done!

Icecauldron
06-16-2013, 03:34 AM
Lovely analysis !

OZTHEMAN
06-16-2013, 08:14 AM
For me it all depends on your commitment to the game.. If you don't mind being robbed often then go for the nightclub but if you prefer security I would go for the toy box.. Its not only secure you gain items with decent points for having it.. But it is very much how much you play this game.. My own iph is well over 2m I have both buildings but my nightclubs are still on level 2 and 3 and my toy shops are on 5 and 1..but I will upgrade the other shop before the NC..

BigMoney
06-16-2013, 04:03 PM
For me it all depends on your commitment to the game.. If you don't mind being robbed often then go for the nightclub but if you prefer security I would go for the toy box.. Its not only secure you gain items with decent points for having it.. But it is very much how much you play this game.. My own iph is well over 2m I have both buildings but my nightclubs are still on level 2 and 3 and my toy shops are on 5 and 1..but I will upgrade the other shop before the NC..

This is ridiculous. There is no way I'm ever passing up a chance to rob an LTB, no matter what level it is, because they are all high money / low EXP buildings, whereas I'll often pass on low level NCs because they give too much XP for the cash they are worth. The only reason an NC would be more likely to be robbed is that it's a 6 hour building instead of 12/24/48 like the LTBs.

Sandukan
06-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Toy Box.
No analysis needed.

OZTHEMAN
06-17-2013, 05:37 AM
This is ridiculous. There is no way I'm ever passing up a chance to rob an LTB, no matter what level it is, because they are all high money / low EXP buildings, whereas I'll often pass on low level NCs because they give too much XP for the cash they are worth. The only reason an NC would be more likely to be robbed is that it's a 6 hour building instead of 12/24/48 like the LTBs.

NEITHER AM I..but the point your making is totally out of context to what I am saying.. one building is a 12 hour building 2 times a day collection time the other is a 6 hour building.. Some of us do sleep and do have work commitments so if you take these into consideration 6 hour buildings are difficult to keep safe where as 12,, 24,, 48 hour buildings are easy to maintain.. and I have a much better robbing record than you ever will.. I currently hit at 7 000 per xp point so I to leave the low level NC but do you really think everybody else does? I. on level 146 have over 61 000 robberies to my name how many do you have?

aeoeaa
06-17-2013, 05:46 AM
Get the Toy Box, you can always get the NC.

Antheus
06-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Second toy box didn't give me the party favor.....is this normal?

Nicholas
06-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Antheus, You only get one reward weapon for building the FIRST one, plus any for upgrading. You may build a second building but you don't get another weapon.

SC4R
06-17-2013, 11:49 AM
I also agree, ToyBox first.