PDA

View Full Version : Wifes!!!

StickShift
06-13-2013, 03:23 AM
what have all your wife's said about the game or you playing the game? LOL

My2cents
06-13-2013, 03:39 AM
I get the really, again?! look whenever I simply grab my iPad even if to read the news

her122
06-13-2013, 04:09 AM
My hubby got smart and got me hooked on the game! Now when I reach for my phone or tablet I get the look. lmao

warrends
06-13-2013, 05:07 AM
I tend to play while I'm on the toilet. So she never knows ...

[kidding ... or am I???]

sherlock123
06-13-2013, 05:19 AM
I don't have a pathological compulsion to give away half of my money and stuff in alimony and child support so I never married.

Agent Orange
06-13-2013, 05:45 AM
I don't have a pathological compulsion to give away half of my money and stuff in alimony and child support so I never married.

Clever strategy!

Even though my wife is addicted to a different online game which I help her with on a battle weekend I take a lot of grief about playing.

BurnNotice69
06-13-2013, 05:52 AM
Mine use to get mad to the point I thought she was going to throw my iPad against the wall. She always commented that the game was getting in the way of our lives because it was "I'll be ready to go in 7 min, once I have enough money to buy this building" or "I'll be ready to go in 3 min, let me hit the Boss one last time."

So, here's my question . . . is there a "Modern War Players Addiction Anonymous" group any where?? Oh, that's right! It's here!! lol Hi, my name's BurnNotice69 and I'm addicted to playing Modern War & I approve this message.

Philly982
06-13-2013, 05:53 AM
I have to sleep downstairs on the couch during battle weekends.

Kegz1
06-13-2013, 06:14 AM
Mine asked "How is that fun"
I said "It just is"
later she was looking over bank acct getting ready to make reservations for vacation and said "this charge to google is it going to be every month"
my reply "not if verizon lets me charge more to the phone bill than $25"

Padabatrat
06-13-2013, 06:38 AM
My mrs hooked as well but she would never admit it even though she's I'm my faction!!!

Prvt. Parts
06-13-2013, 06:55 AM
I get the really, again?! look whenever I simply grab my iPad even if to read the news

This. Great way to put it. Mine is the same way.

Julius Wheezer
06-13-2013, 06:58 AM
I got my wife into Kingdom Age to save the grief. But she got hooked and spent a fortune, so I'm not letting her anywhere near MW!

Meta Rage Trollbot
06-13-2013, 07:03 AM
If you have to buy your wife / girlfriend a purse after war weekends, something is wrong.

If you find yourself collecting from your buildings at night post-coital something is wrong.

If you are both hooked and work in some "action" between war battles I guess that's a bonus, but there is just something wrong about it anyway.

The game is not good for personal relationships. Period.

sgt spanks
06-13-2013, 07:07 AM
I've got a couple wtf's, and is that really necessary?! All in all, she loves me and so she understands I get enjoyment plus IT'S FREE!!!

mistergreen
06-13-2013, 07:23 AM
Wives.

You're welcome.

Tctiger
06-13-2013, 07:43 AM
mine has said a few things like " i wished you played with me as much as that phone " , if i played with her as much as my phone i wouldn't make it to work in the mornings .

jsh_five
06-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Mine asked "How is that fun"
I said "It just is"
later she was looking over bank acct getting ready to make reservations for vacation and said "this charge to google is it going to be every month"
my reply "not if verizon lets me charge more to the phone bill than $25"
That is me and my wife's conversation to the T lol glad I'm not alone darn Verizon she would never know if I could just charge more lol

bergmystr
06-13-2013, 07:53 AM
I would get the response like some other have commented. So I went ahead and loaded it on her IPad and Phone to get her hooked.

Now she is in my faction, and takes over battles when I'm outside mowing the yard.

She will also handle the money collections while I'm away on a camping trip next week.

She even asked if I wanted her to take care of my work laptop blue stacks character while I'm away.

My wife Rules!!!!!

jjm521
06-13-2013, 08:14 AM
My wife cant say poop about it cuz if she does (about anything), i take her for a walk to her shoe and clothes closets

SGT Rud
06-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Best one yet -

Me and my wife are in the same faction. We have two babys (3 and 1) the 1 year old doest sleep through the night and is up constantly. The 3 year old goes to sleep really late and wakes up really early. My wife is the night owl, and im the early bird. I go to bed early, so she will play with both phones, then at 3am, we switch off. she will wake at 10 or so, we spend the day together, then repeat. The 3 year old sits on my lap watching me raid bases. He loves watching the planes fly over the buildings.

Stanky Dong
06-13-2013, 08:22 AM
She gets mad when i play around her....but man if she knew i have spent real money on this...might not have a phone.

Kegz1
06-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Best one yet -

Me and my wife are in the same faction. We have two babys (3 and 1) the 1 year old doest sleep through the night and is up constantly. The 3 year old goes to sleep really late and wakes up really early. My wife is the night owl, and im the early bird. I go to bed early, so she will play with both phones, then at 3am, we switch off. she will wake at 10 or so, we spend the day together, then repeat. The 3 year old sits on my lap watching me raid bases. He loves watching the planes fly over the buildings.
Too funny...my 2 year like tapping on the guy walking in the base. he picks up my phone and says fight when he wants to do it

Anjunbeats
06-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Best statement during a boss event of my gf was: "you are sick, no one else would ever set a timer for an iPhone game"
No I start thinking that she was right.

Renegade007
06-13-2013, 09:44 AM
My wife has my two kids programmed to rat me out if they catch me on the phone, so now its like: "Mommmm, Dads playing that war game on his phone again!!!!"

Sumiala
06-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Best statement during a boss event of my gf was: "you are sick, no one else would ever set a timer for an iPhone game"

Maybe about the first part, yes.

kuksluk
06-13-2013, 11:02 AM
I'm a freelancer working in a shared office space, i think my co-workers are starting to wonder what I really do for a living since I'm constantly tapping on my phone and staying in the office till after midnight.
As far as the wife goes, she only sees me in the morning at breakfast and she's hooked on Twitter so we're both fiddling our iphones between spoons of cereals. Livin' the dream people :-)

KFH
06-13-2013, 11:19 AM
We have a good system going on, i get to play a game she thinks is ridiculous. And don't complain when she buys more salt and pepper shakers for her collection, which i think is ridiculous. YING and Yang (not really sure if that would be ying and yang but it felt like the right place to put it.

syltaylor
06-13-2013, 11:24 AM
lol as soon as hubby found it he said hey you might like this since I love games. i loved command and concour when it came out way back when and it kinda reminded him of cac. we ended up in separate factions but have moved to the same faction and loving it.

Snowball
06-13-2013, 11:30 AM
lol I have six timer apps ... My wife says glad you found a hobby finally but really!!!! and the infamous "is it that weekend again already!?"

Philly982
06-13-2013, 11:41 AM
My wife now knows all about the WD events and during Madagascar she said, "Is it that time of the month for you again?"

jjm521
06-13-2013, 11:44 AM
My wife now knows all about the WD events and during Madagascar she said, "Is it that time of the month for you again?"
Heh that one's just too easy to reply to

HGF69
06-13-2013, 11:47 AM
She plays Candy Crush so I can okay MW without any argument.

HenryVIII
06-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Girlfriend says she will smash my phone...

Wife says she will smash my face, though I doubt it's the result of the game play...

*Not serious BTW*

VSH
06-13-2013, 12:36 PM
So, I had arguably the best result ever last weekend!
The wife hates MW, with a vengeance, and some.... Anyway, Father's Day in the UK this weekend, but she's dragging me off to the in laws with the kids. "I'm really sorry" says she, and "I won't have to time to go out and get you anything from the kids either, just a card. Why don't you just buy some gold for your war game thingy"
Well....if you insist sweetheart....lol

DME
06-13-2013, 01:03 PM
So, I had arguably the best result ever last weekend!
The wife hates MW, with a vengeance, and some.... Anyway, Father's Day in the UK this weekend, but she's dragging me off to the in laws with the kids. "I'm really sorry" says she, and "I won't have to time to go out and get you anything from the kids either, just a card. Why don't you just buy some gold for your war game thingy"
Well....if you insist sweetheart....lol

She didn't specify a limit. Rookie mistake.

Chilli!
06-13-2013, 01:07 PM

My girlfriend now says the same. Used to be at the point where she was going to smash the ipad and I had to keep my account details in a secret place Incase I had to restore my game. Now she understands (moans like hell, but understands)

Anyway us blokes have to put up with that time of the month, so should the women :) at least we don't have to change the bed sheets, well not unless I find a lv 8 anniversary centre which I can rob, then a little bit of excitement wee comes out... :D

Julius Wheezer
06-13-2013, 01:18 PM

Are you crazy - I set timers for boss events, wars, and loads of other stuff. That’s MW & Kingdom Age. My whole Guild in KA do it.
My wife (and children) are so used to my timers going off, they don't even ask anymore.

Normnutman
06-13-2013, 01:33 PM

I set the alarm when I have to be precise on the boss events. I also set the alarm for my 24 hour buildings and for battles at the 45 minute mark. My fiance looks at me and calls me a dork. I have three accounts and go from one to the next. "Hello, my name is Norm and I have a problem".

RedRoom
06-13-2013, 03:59 PM
It confirms her theory that I am a dumbass...

brit
06-13-2013, 04:00 PM
When I started playing I promised that I would spend as much on my wife as I spend on the game. in the beginning a few small trinkets were enough.

So far she has had a number of great shopping trips, loads of nights out for meals and movies and will be spending a couple of weeks in the Caribbean.

My previous faction was pretty demanding and she was getting very fed up with how much time I was spending on the game. I cut back a bit and was thrown out of the Faction. She saw how sad that made me and has been much more understanding since then.

She is generally ok with me playing the game apart from during the wars and boss events. I normally take her out on the first night of the war but still get those looks when the timer goes off.

It is all about balance, as long as she feels she is more important to me than the game things will be ok.

Of course I have not told her how much I spend on the game, and only use apple gift cards so there is no incriminating evidence.

I am cutting back on my spending on the game now, so hopefully she will not take it personally.

ClownRUs
06-13-2013, 04:15 PM
My recommendation is, build the wife a good base, join a fun faction and be happily married, blowing some cash together!

Tito89
06-13-2013, 04:46 PM
If you have to buy your wife / girlfriend a purse after war weekends, something is wrong.

If you find yourself collecting from your buildings at night post-coital something is wrong.

If you are both hooked and work in some "action" between war battles I guess that's a bonus, but there is just something wrong about it anyway.

The game is not good for personal relationships. Period.

thats about it in a nutshell. im not married or looking near it, too young:)

Captnmorgan
06-13-2013, 05:17 PM
I let her play her angry birds for hours on end aftervshe gets off work so she doesnt jump me when I'm on anymore. She started to huff but I gave her a choice...let me play or I'm going to bug you constantly until you leave me alone about it.

I now can play whenever including family functions if I wish.

BigD@wg
06-13-2013, 06:29 PM
My wife doesnt like the game but doesnt mind because i play in moderation most of the time. She laughs at me when my timer goes off for a wd battle or boss event. She is hooked on Pinterest and CandyCrush so its all good.

During this past war, we were at the movies and it was about to start and she said to me "isnt your war thingy happening, better get your hits in before the movie starts." Lol!

WI(AusNz)
06-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Such a funny but important thread. The strategy we employ on our wives is just as important as the strategy we employ to the game!

I simply remind my wife that she watches a lot of TV soaps (usually only after the kids are in bed) while I put my time into the game instead. We both have guilty pleasures, so why playing the game be more evil than watching soaps.

I try to tone it down during war events and boss events, or at least hide my involvement by having silent alarms, playing while on the toilet, or other tactics. its about knowing your limits and trying to respect that.

Nomatter how obseessed the game may become, I always respect that family comes first, the game comes second.

TBC Ghost
06-13-2013, 09:01 PM
My gf hates me because of all 3 GREE games. I am the leader if 3 teams which takes up a lot of team. I think it's the same way for 90% of serious players. There's no way you can be a contender in this game if your not on very often. I check in at least every half hour if not switch between games for a few hours straight. Soon I will take a break just to get my good graces back ;) good luck men and hope you don't get divorced over a game! When I get married I'm sure it will change. Either I stop or she starts ;) most likely 2nd option

Wormwood
06-13-2013, 11:11 PM
I set the alarm when I have to be precise on the boss events. I also set the alarm for my 24 hour buildings and for battles at the 45 minute mark. My fiance looks at me and calls me a dork. I have three accounts and go from one to the next. "Hello, my name is Norm and I have a problem".

My wife does this same thing. She once picked up my cell and saw a conversation between a faction member on text messages and called me a dork.

Valdara
06-14-2013, 01:25 AM
I work overseas for three months at a time, then go home for two weeks.

Equates to three months wife free gaming, then two weeks of being told not to waste my time. Lol

Choy
06-14-2013, 03:24 AM
My family and work comes first before this game. I promised my wife that I will never buy gold again. It is like quitting smoking. I am doing it gradually.

Xjarhead
06-14-2013, 07:31 AM
So Wife gets home from hair cut, and says Get this. her Beauticians husband spent $60 upgrading a pretend car on his computer game, what a loser. on a pretend car... I nervously changed subject as we had just completed (and won) a WD event. Yes i immediately went and cleared out my receipts from apple and continue to do so......4 events later I am still playing incognito.....With all that said I do have Priorities and Gree is not top of my list...lol

Drama Llama
06-14-2013, 01:07 PM
So Wife gets home from hair cut, and says Get this. her Beauticians husband spent $60 upgrading a pretend car on his computer game, what a loser. on a pretend car... I nervously changed subject as we had just completed (and won) a WD event. Yes i immediately went and cleared out my receipts from apple and continue to do so......4 events later I am still playing incognito.....With all that said I do have Priorities and Gree is not top of my list...lol
Love this, there ARE people PUN fear after all! :-)

StickShift
06-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Oh man I have really enjoyed reading all the posts. You all have wrote down some funny comments and some I can relate to haha.

thundarr
06-14-2013, 07:47 PM
At night I keep mine next to the bed and since I got my Ipad mini its a bit more difficult to be subtle. When it was on my Ipod it was easy to hide in my pocket. No more, but the Ipad has that instant on instant off with the magnetic cover so I can do a quick thing before she notices. I spend like zero time compared to an regular game like Civilization or a PS3 or Xbox game. Most of the time I am waiting for something. During the end of a LTQ event with minutes to go I had to hide in the bathroom to finish it. If she knew what I was spending it my be an issue but I have my own CC.

Thenoob
06-14-2013, 08:34 PM
All you need is a pre paid visa or master card you can get them almost anywhere now

Zonfry
06-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Got her an Iphone and found her some games she can play on it.

Wife aggro reduction 80% :)

Zach3432
06-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Not married and in a long distance relationship (used to be close, especially in college). No complaints. I was visiting her during one war weekend. She had an eight hour exam on the Friday and we really just hung out. She laughed and called me a nerd. I'll take that.

Mr T Perfect
06-14-2013, 11:23 PM
I told mine it was either stay at home and play on my phone for a couple of hours an evening and can talk to her at the same time or i was going to the pub... i play every day!!!!

I am a cow
06-15-2013, 05:52 AM
My wife said to me that I was mad after I was up for nearly a full day doing LTQ and the boss event. She told me that I needed to get a life meh at least I got her addicted to Farmville LOL 0

Stacey
06-15-2013, 06:43 AM
I don't have a pathological compulsion to give away half of my money and stuff in alimony and child support so I never married.Smart man, very smart.