PDA

View Full Version : Can't transfer game

syltaylor
06-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Since the update my husband tried to transfer his game on the old device it appears to work but on the new device gets an error to set old device. We tried several times. Luckily it still works on the old device. We sent a ticket but wondering if its an update glitch but nobody has noticed yet.

Adapt or Perish
06-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Since the update my husband tried to transfer his game on the old device it appears to work but on the new device gets an error to set old device. We tried several times. Luckily it still works on the old device. We sent a ticket but wondering if its an update glitch but nobody has noticed yet.

Have the same issue...
Can't transfer my game to a new device.
It's just saying that my ID or password isn't correct.
And i know it's correct because i just set my old account in my old device, there for the pass and ID are correct.

helloooOonurse
06-12-2013, 10:24 PM
they say you have to transfer via itunes/icloud backup/syncing

syltaylor
06-12-2013, 10:27 PM
It has said that a couple times but mostly it will say old device isn't set as if I never went through steps on old device but I did. Did your issue start after updating? It transferred just fine earlier today before updating.

syltaylor
06-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Wtf how can you do that when the device your changing over to is a much smaller drive space? Doesnt that move everything? I move it to a spare phone for him while he's at wk

Why would they leave the transfer button. Is there a way by simply filling in the email ect or will that cause you to loose it altogether?

helloooOonurse
06-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Wtf how can you do that when the device your changing over to is a much smaller drive space? Doesnt that move everything? I move it to a spare phone for him while he's at wk

Why would they leave the transfer button. Is there a way by simply filling in the email ect or will that cause you to loose it altogether?

sorry i dont know any particulars yet.

here is what queenpin (admin) posted:

Another thing that everyone will need to note is the changes to how you transfer your game from device to device:

Please sync/back up your account on your original device to either iTunes or the iCloud and when you are on your new/alt device, when you open the game, you will then be prompted to restore your date. Please click yes and now you should have your account restored to continue playing the game. We also suggest you write down your invite code somewhere, just in case you need to contact support to recover your account.

syltaylor
06-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Yeah found it. Would be nice if there was more info. I will try just the iCloud sync since it only does settings ect but I have another game on same iCloud hope I don't loose it bc of this mess. Whatever happened to simple login and pw when you startup apps?

Generik79
06-13-2013, 09:40 AM
I'd try this, but the idea that I might lose my account access and they know it is frightening considering support response levels. Lets get some real direction here. Unbelievable. Make things better/easier, not worse!

Generik79
06-13-2013, 09:41 AM
I'll be waiting for this to get explained and fixed before I transfer again. This is important admins, please fix it.

syltaylor
06-13-2013, 10:39 AM
well I have 3 spare phones I can toy with to figure it out. my kids each have 1 they use as mini ipads. I use one of them to move the game to when hubby cant watch his. so I will make a new test game on one and play with moving it to another phone. if I figure it out I will let everyone know. I dont mind settings being xfered but I need all the apps to stay intact. gonna do a full back up to pc anyway before I start on this adventure. if anyone has any ideas of steps to try post it and I will add to whatever im trying.

syltaylor
06-13-2013, 12:50 PM
so far I have tried everything I can think of and it cannot be done without lossing what you have on the new phone. if someone finds otherwise let us know. this is gonna make a lot of us husband and wife players very mad. gree please change it back.

Chilli!
06-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Yeh this is a bit of a pain, never had to transfer my game before as I play on ipad when at hme normally. Tomorrow I'm away at a wedding and unfortunately don't have a SIM card I can put into my ipad to get signal on the move. Was going to transfer to my girlfriends phone but now that doesn't seem possible. Likely to miss out on the last few ltq prizes that I could of got if I had the last 20 hours regen health regen...sucks.